PDA

View Full Version : The concept of nativism...

Barreldriver
03-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Basically share your viewpoint on the issue of Nativism, here's mine:

I would have to say I support nativism, though my belief differs in a few ways than that of the 19th Century, in the 19th century the Nativists were known hostiles against Irish and German immigrants, and anyone from a Roman Catholic nation, however today in 2009 I believe these immigrant groups of the 19th century to be fully integrated and thus as native as the Anglo Americans, so my nativism embraces anyone of European heritage within the U.S. that has been here from lets say the early 20th century around the era of WW1 maybe a bit before(I think that's the latest point of extreme immigration of other European peoples I could be mistaken), those German's that were victim of nativists during the WW1 era I believe again are fully integrated and thus "native". My main directive is to stem any further immigration(we are pressed for room, my country land is being taken over by suburbs and cities, I want my farmlands and woodlands to stay preserved, further immigration would lead to the destruction of these places to house the newcomers) I also want to put full military units at the Mexican border, stop further wet backs from sneaking in, I'm tired of future MS-13 junkies sneaking into my homeland. The Filipinos are another threat, I see a lot of white men especially in Ohio and Pittsburgh taking Filipino and other Asiatic wives or husbands, it disgusts me, and definitely stop immigration from the Middle East, those bastards for the most part fail at learning my language, and are more than willing to screw me over and feign misunderstanding due to dialect difference, I've had enough. I say those of us who come from families who've been in the U.S. from WW1 and earlier should have priority, especially those of Colonial and Civil War Era stock, after all the people of those two era's were the most influential in forging this nation, those of Colonial Stock being the original constructors, and those of Civil War era stock(in particular the Irish that were forced into the draft as soon as they got off the boats) did more than earn their stay, they fought for this land in the two most influential wars that forged this nation, the Revolutionary War that allowed this nation to exist and the War of Northern Aggression that tested the American people and their ability to rebuild after strife and division. The WW1 era is a bit controversial IMO because many German Americans still felt loyalty to Germany, but I figure that time is passed their loyalty to America has been proven and our new threat are the endless floods of Filipinos, Mexicans(or Mixicans they should be called), and Middle Easterner's are the greatest threat to our nation. Granted because I love my home does not mean that I dislike Europe and its people, I love my cousins across the sea, but their home is not my home, and my home is not their home, the occasional visit is understandable(no different than a family reunion of sorts) but a permanent stay is out of the question IMO. Americans have enough on our plate today(dealing with a puppet government and all) and do not need further worries from new arrivals making it harder to preserve the beautiful terrains and country life, and making it difficult to minimalize overcrowding, I know that there are many Europeans that share similar views in regards to their homelands, my cousins across the sea do not want to see their lands over run by immigrants am I not mistaken?, just as I do not want to see mine. I'd say that it is a reasonable goal for all nations of European ancestry to close their borders, focus on rebuilding, refortifying and maintaining friendly relations(we are kin after all) and stop these people of non-European stock from destroying our culture and people, I'm tired of my homeland being known for mindless pop-culture and diseased mentality, I want my land to flourish in the light of our forefather's, I want my nation to be known for its honor, it's glory, and its purity, free of those whom come from alien lands to our peoples, America for the Americans, England for the English, Ireland for the Irish, Scotland for the Scots, Germany for the Germans, Norway for the Norwegians, Poland for the Poles, Sweden for the Swedes, Wales for the Welsh, France for the French, and so on and so forth. Secure our lands, secure our people, and prevent further destruction. I hope to one day die a true American, brave and free, and I hope that my comrades over the great pond are willing to be true to their lands and to die brave and free as well. I say the Stainless banner needs to be flown again, and the taints in our land need to be driven out at all costs, if we do not act the disease will further spread, in fact I am currently working on some graphic pieces to help spread the cause, one of which is inspired by Seuthanan's T-shirt idea the one with the Old Stock American kicking the Amerindian in the bum saying "Kickin' ass and takin names" similar concept directed towards anyone on U.S. soil not of native European stock. Filipinos, Mexicans, Habibs, Japs, Chinese, Negroes and Injuns need to go. Our borders must be sealed.

Baron Samedi
03-19-2009, 07:41 AM
My view on this country is as follows....

I may have been born here, but it's not my home.

Barreldriver
03-19-2009, 08:10 AM
My view on this country is as follows....

I may have been born here, but it's not my home.

If that works for you it works, and more power to ya, it's just not me.

My issue is I've known no other home, I would be out of place in Europe, I would be out of place anywhere outside of the country/hickvilles of Ohio and Tennessee, so I've chosen pretty much to defend what is my home. I'm more than happy to lend a hand to allies across the sea, but my home takes priority, and I guess that my family has had such a long history in the U.S. that it would be weird for me to live anywhere else. At first I wanted to move to Europe thinking that it is where I should be but then I realized that I would be invading other peoples homes and what they grew up with, and that I would be situated somewhere where I would not be welcomed warmly, where I would be viewed as an outsider, and shunned for it. I feel a connection here in the U.S. and I feel that I need to defend it in honor of my forefathers that shed blood to create this land, no matter how degenerated it has become, which is why I so fervently despise non-white immigration, and people in the U.S. after WW1 because they haven't the history here that my family has, and I'd expect no different from my cousins across the great pond who would see me as the one encroaching on their history, I see it this way, I belong to one branch stemming from one ancient bond, the ancient bond being in our common European ancestry, but our difference is where we grew up, where we were raised, and the different paths our ancestors took, we are alike in our DNA, different in our up-bringing and different in our forefather's paths.

Baron Samedi
03-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Has nothing to do with being "white" dude....

Has to do with people honoring a country's laws, and how well said country enforces them in the first place.

I have no issue with legal immigration in the least, and I don't think well-to-do immigrants of any type are the problem in this country right now.

Barreldriver
03-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Has nothing to do with being "white" dude....

Has to do with people honoring a country's laws, and how well said country enforces them in the first place.

I have no issue with legal immigration in the least, and I don't think well-to-do immigrants of any type are the problem in this country right now.

I think it may be, the more people coming to the U.S. the less land there is, I don't want to see the farmlands, woodlands, and plains fall victim to urbanization so the U.S. can house new people coming in, and all the illegal immigrants are my main issue, especially those from Mexico, and the tons of Middle Eastern and Filipino folks that come in and take on white spouses, and yes laws and enforcement are key, and that's one thing I want to see change, I want the laws to become more strict, and enforced to the letter.

and I sure as heck can't go to Europe, so I might as well fight to keep America as true to its roots as possible.

Baron Samedi
03-19-2009, 01:18 PM
and I sure as heck can't go to Europe, so I might as well fight to keep America as true to its roots as possible.

Can't never could :)

Gooding
03-19-2009, 01:34 PM
I think it may be, the more people coming to the U.S. the less land there is, I don't want to see the farmlands, woodlands, and plains fall victim to urbanization so the U.S. can house new people coming in, and all the illegal immigrants are my main issue, especially those from Mexico, and the tons of Middle Eastern and Filipino folks that come in and take on white spouses, and yes laws and enforcement are key, and that's one thing I want to see change, I want the laws to become more strict, and enforced to the letter.

Great ideas.I personally happen to think that certain anti miscegenation laws that were enforced prior to the crap of 1968 (integration) should be reintroduced and expanded to include Latinos,Middle Easterners and Asian Indians.At least if we do that now, we might be able to repair some of the damage to our Folk here.The immigration laws should be stiffened and enfoced to the point where potential illegals might be drawn away from us by the possibility of being shot by a Border Patrol officer. That would be nice, but it won't happen as long as the multicles keep having their way with our government.

Rasvalg
03-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I agree to the fullest. My personal view is that if you refuse to preserve the country that you live in. Then you are part of the problem. It is our responsibility as citizens of our country to make sure that we keep that country as the founding fathers intended it to be not what someone from a foreign culture decided that they want it to be. If they are here then they fall under our rule and law.

Psychonaut
03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Nativism...

To me, nativism implies that a given nation belongs to those who founded it and, in our case, fought for it. I think that for North Americans, nativism is preferable to "white" nationalism because nativism requires a wholesale rejection of mass immigration, be it from "white" nations or otherwise. We would no more need to open our borders to millions of Germans than we would the millions of Mexicans that are pouring in. The Germans would, of course, be more racially assimilable, but a nativist position would purport that ancestry trumps race and that mass immigration of any kind displaces and disadvantages the natives.

Barreldriver
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Nativism...

To me, nativism implies that a given nation belongs to those who founded it and, in our case, fought for it. I think that for North Americans, nativism is preferable to "white" nationalism because nativism requires a wholesale rejection of mass immigration, be it from "white" nations or otherwise. We would no more need to open our borders to millions of Germans than we would the millions of Mexicans that are pouring in. The Germans would, of course, be more racially assimilable, but a nativist position would purport that ancestry trumps race and that mass immigration of any kind displaces and disadvantages the natives.

That's exactly what I was going for, I'm just very bad at wording things. Mass immigration of any sort is horrid for those who are the "natives". I would hate to not be able to roam through the woodlands of N.E. Ohio or the hills of Tennessee because they were leveled to provide housing and business for new immigrants of any sort.

Barreldriver
03-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Also, it is important when addressing Nativism to always keep in mind what you yourself can contribute to the United States, thus preventing/defending against arguments like the following for example:

a pro-immigration individual or immigrant for this example would state something along the lines of - "Hmmm "native" what is your contribution to American society and who are you to complain about my being here if you yourself do not contribute to that which you claim to defend?"

A proper response would be the following, I'll use an example from an actual convo I've had IRL - "Well lets see, I can contribute in both the blue collar and white collar fields, I have experience in construction work, assembly line work, and landscaping and am currently seeking more work in those fields, and I am a certified Graphic Design Artist via a Vocational Institute and thus could contribute to the fields of Visual Media, and currently do contribute via freelance work."

It is always important to present how you as a native are a benifit, this way it does not give any potential room for the intruders to get a leg up by pointing out the useless living of a "native". It is important for all "natives" to be well versed and adept in their fields, and willing to seek work and prevent openings that may attract foreigners.

I had another thought in the Controversial Opinion thread:

Some debates I've entered into in regards to nativism, my controversial opinion, have got me thinking, what about immigrants that served honorably in the U.S. military or were drafted and fought honorably? Should they be included in the native caste for honorable service and sacrifice equal or near equal to the sacrifice of the founding natives?

Psychonaut
03-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Some debates I've entered into in regards to nativism, my controversial opinion, have got me thinking, what about immigrants that served honorably in the U.S. military or were drafted and fought honorably? Should they be included in the native caste for honorable service and sacrifice equal or near equal to the sacrifice of the founding natives?

If you're going to have immigration, then I think that military service can be a good way to test the loyalty of the immigrants. My unit has a great many first and second generation immigrants, some of them suck and some of them don't. But do I have more respect for them than a border jumper? Yes. However, I don't think that anything really takes the place of rooted ancestry. More respect is given by me to any who serve, but there is something unique about a family that has served since the Revolution, and that can't be duplicated nowadays.

Barreldriver
03-26-2009, 04:37 AM
If you're going to have immigration, then I think that military service can be a good way to test the loyalty of the immigrants. My unit has a great many first and second generation immigrants, some of them suck and some of them don't. But do I have more respect for them than a border jumper? Yes. However, I don't think that anything really takes the place of rooted ancestry. More respect is given by me to any who serve, but there is something unique about a family that has served since the Revolution, and that can't be duplicated nowadays.

Excellent that is more or less how I feel but I'm criticized as being an ungrateful snot by those who disagree. I'm glad to find someone else who shares my viewpoint.

Barreldriver
04-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I guess I should stop with nativism since my great grandmother's family were pretty recent English immigrants. :P

Then again the majority of my kin are Colonial lol, idk.

Ĉmeric
04-07-2009, 08:22 PM

NO! Many persons look upon the military as a civil service job with a uniform. There's a reason there are so many Negroes in the Army, though not in the special forces or intelligence units. The Navy to to admit a certain number of Filipinos every year as part of the treaty that allowed the US use of Subic Bay. They joined for the economic benefits & because they could bring over their extended families.

Having immigrants in the armed forces is a bad idea. They join to obtain citizenship or to help family members get into the US. But that doesn't mean they have no loyalties to their native lands. And I'm sure in a major domestic crisis the immigrant soilders will have no problems-of-conscious firing upon Native Americans.

Psychonaut
04-08-2009, 03:42 AM
NO! Many persons look upon the military as a civil service job with a uniform. There's a reason there are so many Negroes in the Army, though not in the special forces or intelligence units. The Navy to to admit a certain number of Filipinos every year as part of the treaty that allowed the US use of Subic Bay. They joined for the economic benefits & because they could bring over their extended families.

Having immigrants in the armed forces is a bad idea. They join to obtain citizenship or to help family members get into the US. But that doesn't mean they have no loyalties to their native lands. And I'm sure in a major domestic crisis the immigrant soilders will have no problems-of-conscious firing upon Native Americans.

Well, I did say if you're going to allow in immigrants; and that' a big if. I'm certainly not in favor of letting in any extra immigrants just because they agree to serve a term, but I'm not sure making infantry service compulsory for every able bodied immigrant that we do accept (who are otherwise qualified to enter the country) wouldn't be a bad idea. I do think that an immigrant who serves in the military is going to have more of a connection to the US than one who comes over to pick fruit.

SwordoftheVistula
04-08-2009, 04:50 AM
We would no more need to open our borders to millions of Germans than we would the millions of Mexicans that are pouring in. The Germans would, of course, be more racially assimilable, but a nativist position would purport that ancestry trumps race and that mass immigration of any kind displaces and disadvantages the natives.

More Americans have German ancestry than any other, so that doesn't make sense.

Well, I did say if you're going to allow in immigrants; and that' a big if. I'm certainly not in favor of letting in any extra immigrants just because they agree to serve a term, but I'm not sure making infantry service compulsory for every able bodied immigrant that we do accept (who are otherwise qualified to enter the country) wouldn't be a bad idea. I do think that an immigrant who serves in the military is going to have more of a connection to the US than one who comes over to pick fruit.

I've got to agree with Aemeric, the last thing I'd want to do is give immigrants military training and weapons. Maybe it would work if they were put in seperate units which are tightly controlled and closely monitored.

Psychonaut
04-08-2009, 04:58 AM
More Americans have German ancestry than any other, so that doesn't make sense.

That ensures that they'd be assimilated into the population later down the road, but mass immigration of any sort displaces the native population either physically or economically.

I've got to agree with Aemeric, the last thing I'd want to do is give immigrants military training and weapons. Maybe it would work if they were put in seperate units which are tightly controlled and closely monitored.

It could be that you guys are right on this one. I'm not married to the idea, and I suppose I've not really worked it out to its logical conclusion.

Barreldriver
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm beginning to think traditional nativism will not work in the U.S. simply because the U.S. was colonized by multiple ethnicities from Europe simultaneously i.e. Anglo, German, Dutch, Irish, French, and Spanish, etc... so I'd figure that the later German and Irish immigration allowed for quite easy assimilation due to the previous make up of the U.S. territories, it's a bungled jungle here. Shit. I'm beginning to take the stance of ban all immigration that is non-European, and heavily filter European immigration, this way, no non-Euros get in, and this way those Euro's that could be of help could get in.