PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider assimilated into german culture for a foreign guy?

Mortimer
12-29-2019, 04:07 AM
Just curious. Does he/she need to be only working, paying taxes and speak the language and commit no crimes. Or he should also adopt the religion, the customs, change his name and speak only german, no other language anymore. Also how important is look what if someone is a negroe can he assimilate at all?

Westbrook
12-29-2019, 04:23 AM
Mortimer it's beyond time to accept the hand you were dealt and your place in this world. This is not healthy.

Daos777
12-29-2019, 04:29 AM
Mortimer it's beyond time to accept the hand you were dealt and your place in this world. This is not healthy.

Lol what do you mean by this? Am I missing some kinda hidden meaning in Morts post?

Mortimer
12-29-2019, 04:33 AM
Lol what do you mean by this? Am I missing some kinda hidden meaning in Morts post?

There is no hidden meaning. Westbrook suggests one, so he can then make a comment to me.

Westbrook
12-29-2019, 04:35 AM
True there is no hidden meaning. It's the same thing you've been asking for years.
There is no hidden meaning. Westbrook suggests one, so he can then make a comment to me.

Mortimer
12-29-2019, 04:37 AM
True there is no hidden meaning. It's the same thing you've been asking for years.

You say Im asking whether Im a german. But Im asking generally, what assimilation or integration means. And it is always discussed, it could also be what it means to be assimilated into american culture, not only german. It is a general question, you project it on me personally though. It could include me though as im a immigrant, but like it includes every immigrant not only me. You make this a personal question though which is wrong. And now go away.

Westbrook
12-29-2019, 04:39 AM
We both know why you really asked this and we both know what kind of answers you will get on this site, so what are you really hoping to hear this time?
You say Im asking whether Im a german. But Im asking generally, what assimilation or integration means. And it is always discussed, it could also be what it means to be assimilated into american culture, not only german. It is a general question, you project it on me personally though. It could include me though as im a immigrant, but like it includes every immigrant not only me. You make this a personal question though which is wrong. And now go away.

Mortimer
12-29-2019, 04:42 AM
We both know why you really asked this and we both know what kind of answers you will get on this site, so what are you really hoping to hear this time?

Thats what you suggest, not what I asked. You suggest I asked this because of that. And I accept every opinion as always.

Atlantid
12-29-2019, 04:49 AM
Hitler himself would kiss you on the cheek and declare you his son.

Westbrook
12-29-2019, 05:03 AM
I just hate to see you suffering and struggling with this for so long. Help me to help you.
Thats what you suggest, not what I asked. You suggest I asked this because of that. And I accept every opinion as always.

TheForeigner
12-29-2019, 05:30 AM
I think only Europeans can become really assimilated as Germans. It happened before with a lot of Poles, other Slavs, Huguenots etc.