PDA

View Full Version : Cat appreciation thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Absinthe
03-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Didn't we need one? :D Post anything related to cute, loveable, mischievous felines, here. ;)

s13dLaTIHSg

:D

Hildolf
03-19-2009, 01:29 PM
My GF showed me this one recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw

Treffie
03-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Mine is the spit image of this one. She's like a dog - follows me everywhere. Extremely clever too, pushes the door handle to get into rooms and likes to be swung around in carrier bags.

http://photos.petfinder.com/fotos/TX1120/TX1120.9374935-1-x.jpg

I've got another one too, but she's dopey as sh**!:p

Absinthe
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I would also like the opportunity to pay tribute to Lizen, who very recently passed away, leaving her owner heart broken :(

6UeJVOeShgU

R.I.P. sweety :icon_cry:

Hildolf
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Mine is the spit image of this one. She's like a dog - follows me everywhere. Extremely clever too, pushes the door handle to get into rooms and likes to be swung around in carrier bags.

That reminds me. The other night I could hear a racket coming from the next room, so went to see what was going on and one of our cats was running around the room inside a carrier bag! the mad animal will climb into anything.

Absinthe
03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1041&d=1237469935

This is the one that lives with my mom now, but we lived in the same house for several years. Actually it was me who wanted to keep her in the first place.

This is what she wrote in her CatBook profile :p

I was adopted some time around 1999 after my initial boss dumped me at Danae's mom in order to run off to South Africa and stalk his ex-girflriend. After he returned, he didn't want me anymore because he said "I brought back painful memories" of their relationship.
I must have been 6 months at the time.

Danae's mom wanted to let me loose on the streets, so Danae waged war on her to ensure my keeping. She was studying for a big sociology paper so she was staying at home a lot, and I was keeping her company.

PsiPsi is a silly non-name name that her mother invented for me because she thought I was a stupid cat that only responds to meanigless sounds. Danae wanted to give me an ancient greek name but she had to compromise because it was a necessary condition for the Great War to end and for me to become a member of the family.

Nowadays I am not as active anymore.
I am fat, neutered and not moving much.
Basically I am keeping company to Danae's mom who is a pensioner. I hold a grudge against Danae for deserting the family roof and getting her own appartment, so whenever I see her I try to ignore her and pretend I don't know her, at least until she opens that can of tuna fish.

She's rather popular on the internets, you know :D

Frans Jozef wrote
at 12:50 PM on January 30, 2008

Perplexity struck on me, as til now I only was aware of the rich verbosity, poor in eloquence and way off any dulcet timbre though, of Siamese cats, who like the female consort of Creation's pinnacle of endeavours, yak and nag a lot without substance and on trifle subjects of everyday, but lo and behold, you're the Liz Doolittle of the feline commoners for sure! I salute you! And please don't hold a grudge against fair Danae... she left home only to have the ... erm... 'plumbing' all for herself.She's quite possessive and greedy about this great convenience and hates to share it with anybody else. ;)

:wink

Absinthe
03-19-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042&stc=1&d=1237470471

This was also one of the greatest cats I've ever met as she was very brave and street-wise and very feared in the neighbourhood. Rommelina was already very old when I met her but she had a full and very pleasant life next to people who loved her dearly :)

Treffie
03-19-2009, 01:53 PM
so whenever I see her I try to ignore her and pretend I don't know her, at least until she opens that can of tuna fish.

This sounds very familiar! :D

Absinthe
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9205/imgp1754.jpg

I've posted him before, I discovered him somewhere in Greece... I believe the resemblance is striking, what do you think? :D

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6959/dsc00039nd5.jpg
http://www.nndb.com/people/020/000031924/ErnstRoehm60.jpg

Notice how the cat has a scar on his left cheek. ;)

Treffie
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
My dopey other cat looks like this. She tends to suck her food these days because she had 8 teeth extracted a couple of years ago after being poisoned.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Black_and_white_cat-crop.JPG/800px-Black_and_white_cat-crop.JPG

Hildolf
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
The mad cat:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/D18ZED/th_P061108_2120.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/D18ZED/?action=view&current=P061108_2120.jpg)

Treffie
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
How do you resize your pics?

It's done automatically, I've looked for a picture and inserted the link between these - .

Hildolf
03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
It's done automatically, I've looked for a picture and inserted the link between these - .

That didn't seem to work for me, but I found a way. Thanks.

Ulex
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
This is the cutest kitty ever!

http://www.clevelandseniors.com/images/pets/cat-newyear/cat-speed.jpg
"Look, I am a big lion! Beware of the big lion! Argh, forget about it..."

I had the cutest little cat. His name was Felix. He was never more than 2 meters away from me. If I went to the bathroom, he would sit outside the door yelling, untill I opened the door and let him in. When I took a walk, he was with me, and I could call him back like a dog. At night he liked to sleep on my shoulder, cheek to cheek. One day I let him out, but he never came back. I still miss him, and even today I look for him on the streets.

Hildolf
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
At night he liked to sleep on my shoulder, cheek to cheek.

I once lived in a shared house and one of the women who lived there got a kitten which took a liking to me. Anyway one morning I woke up thinking I'd gone blind in one eye! It was the kitten lying on my face!

A shame your cat never returned.

Baron Samedi
03-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Cats are the greatest pets ever. To hell with dogs.

Tolleson
03-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Dogs rule....Cats drool!:D :p

Angharad
03-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Cats rule....Dogs drool!:D :p

I fixed it for you. ;) :thumbs up

Tolleson
03-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I fixed it for you. ;) :thumbs up

Well, I oughta.....!:shakefist :D

The only thing need'n fixin' round here is all the felines!:p

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.fairwood.nl/images/135cat-dog.jpg

I love cats.. It's a shame that my apartment is so small otherwise I would have took one. No dogs for me- thank you.

Ulex
03-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Dogs rule....Cats drool!:D :p
A dog will always love you, but you have to deserve the love from a cat.;)

Vulpix
03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-kitten-does-not-know-why-your-dog-has-a-concussion.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/funny-pictures-cat-is-excited-you-got-him-a-nice-butt-warmer.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-this-kitten-has-a-hammock.jpg

Electronic God-Man
03-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Random fact: When I was younger I lived in an area where domestic cats that had been released into the wild, so to speak, had become a bit of a problem. There were tons of them. They just kept procreating. They would have their kittens right next to your front door.

My brother and I had BB guns. We used to put out pieces of lunch meat or cheese at night and wait for the cats to come by. We called it "Tiger Watch". It was rather fun actually. I used to devise various traps too. They were fairly elaborate. I made traps where a piece of food would be attached to a string which was set in a switch that would release if tampered with. Once the switch was released, the string would fly loose and the cement blocks that were suspended in the air above (held by the same string which was hanging over a tree branch) would come crashing down.

Those were the days. :coffee:

I really appreciated those cats.

(I'll probably be getting a bunch of :mad:'s now)

Treffie
03-20-2009, 09:35 AM
A Cat's Guide to Humans

Why Do We Need Humans?

So you’ve decided to get yourself a human being. In doing so, you’ve joined the millions of other cats who have acquired these strange and often frustrating creatures. There will be any number of times, during the course of your association with humans, when you will wonder why you have bothered to grace them with your presence.

What’s so great about humans, anyway? Why not just hang around with other cats? Our greatest philosophers have struggled with this question for centuries, but the answer is actually rather simple:

THEY HAVE OPPOSABLE THUMBS.

Which makes them the perfect tools for such tasks as opening doors, getting the lids off of cat food cans, changing television stations and other activities that we, despite our other obvious advantages, find difficult to do ourselves. True, chimps, orangutans and lemurs also have opposable thumbs, but they are nowhere as easy to train.

How And When to Get Your Human’s Attention

Humans often erroneously assume that there are other, more important activities than taking care of your immediate needs, such as conducting business, spending time with their families or even sleeping.

Though this is dreadfully inconvenient, you can make this work to your advantage by pestering your human at the moment it is the busiest. It is usually so flustered that it will do whatever you want it to do, just to get you out of its hair. Not coincidentally, human teenagers follow this same practice.

Here are some tried and true methods of getting your human to do what you want:

Sitting on paper: An oldie but a goodie. If a human has paper in front of it, chances are good it’s something they assume is more important than you. They will often offer you a snack to lure you away. Establish your supremacy over this wood pulp product at every opportunity. This practice also works well with computer keyboards, remote controls, car keys and small children.

Waking your human at odd hours: A cat’s golden time is between 3:30 and 4:30 in the morning. If you paw at your human’s sleeping face during this time, you have a better than even chance that it will get up and, in an incoherent haze, do exactly what you want. You may actually have to scratch deep sleepers to get their attention remember to vary the scratch site to keep the human from getting suspicious.

Punishing Your Human Being

Sometimes, despite your best training efforts, your human will stubbornly resist bending to your whim. In these extreme circumstances, you may have to punish your human. Obvious punishments, such as scratching furniture or eating household plants, are likely to backfire–the unsophisticated humans are likely to misinterpret the activities and then try to discipline YOU. Instead, we offer these subtle but nonetheless effective alternatives:

Use the cat box during an important formal dinner.

Stare impassively at your human while it is attempting a romantic interlude.

Stand over an important piece of electronic equipment and feign a hairball attack.

After your human has watched a particularly disturbing horror film, stand by the hall closet and then slowly back away, hissing and yowling.

While your human is sleeping, lie on its face.

Rewarding Your Human: Should Your Gift Still Be Alive?

The cat world is divided over the etiquette of presenting humans with the thoughtful gift of a recently disemboweled animal. Some believe that humans prefer these gifts already dead, while others maintain that humans enjoy a slowly expiring cricket or rodent just as much as we do, given their jumpy and playful movements in picking the creatures up after they’ve been presented.

After much consideration of the human psyche, we recommend that cold-blooded animals (large insects, frogs, lizards, garden snakes and the occasional earthworm) should be presented dead, while warm-blooded animals (birds, rodents, your neighbor’s Pomeranian) are better still living. When you see the expression on your human’s face, you’ll know it’s worth it.

How Long Should You Keep Your Human?

You are only obligated to your human for one of your lives. The other eight are up to you. We recommend mixing and matching, though in the end, most humans (at least the ones that are worth living with) are pretty much the same. But what do you expect? They’re humans, after all. Opposable thumbs will only take you so far.

Absinthe
03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
My brother and I had BB guns. We used to put out pieces of lunch meat or cheese at night and wait for the cats to come by. We called it "Tiger Watch". It was rather fun actually. I used to devise various traps too. They were fairly elaborate. I made traps where a piece of food would be attached to a string which was set in a switch that would release if tampered with. Once the switch was released, the string would fly loose and the cement blocks that were suspended in the air above (held by the same string which was hanging over a tree branch) would come crashing down.

Seuthanan, I suspected you're an asshole but now I dislike you even more. You're sick. I only wish I got my hands on you....

The Lawspeaker
03-20-2009, 11:10 AM
What the hell, man. That's sick. Now I do know that children and teenagers are temporarily insane but that's just sick. Seriously- what the hell was wrong with you ?

:mad: Damn right you get them,. Those poor critters...

Absinthe
03-20-2009, 11:15 AM
You know what's even worse and more sickening that the action itself?

The fact that he felt like bragging about it, and in a "cat appreciation thread", at that... :eek:

Clearly a sociopath. :grumpy:

Vulpix
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Random fact: When I was younger I lived in an area where domestic cats that had been released into the wild, so to speak, had become a bit of a problem. There were tons of them. They just kept procreating. They would have their kittens right next to your front door.

Those were the days. :coffee:

I really appreciated those cats.

I seriously hope this is only a joke in very bad taste.

Ulex
03-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Those were the days.
Absolutely disgusting. I hate people who are cruel to animals. Next time pick someone your own size. But I guess, you don't have the guts. People who commit such acts to defenceless animals are reckless bastards. Cowards.

Treffie
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm not going to join the bandwagon, so here are some funnies to take our minds off it.

The Cats` Prayer

Although I am too proud to beg, and may appear to be a very independent creature, I ask for your loving care and attention.

Translation: I'm the boss, serve me.

I rely on you for my well being much more than you may realise.

Translation: Go out and earn money to keep me in the style to which I intend to become accustomed.

This I promise you, my benefactor, that I will not be a burden on you nor will I demand more of you than you care to give.

Translation: The more attention I get, the more I want. You may have to hire another slave for me (by the way, I lie!).

I will be a quiet peaceful island of serenity for you to gaze upon; a soft soothing body to caress, and I shall purr with pleasure to rest your weary ears.

Translation: I will tear round the house smashing ornaments at 3 a.m., infest the house with fleas, and bite your mother when she comes to visit (did I mention that I lie?).

Since I am a gourmet who appreciates different taste sensations, I pray you will give me a variety of nutritious foods and fresh water daily.

Translation: I need Evian water, changed at least six times per day, chilled but not too cold. Any food offerings that you make, no matter how expensive, will be turned down if I think there is a chance that I can scrounge the three day old bread that next door put out for the birds.

You know dear friend, how I love to sleep. Allow me, I pray, a warm sheltered place where I can rest peacefully and feel secure.

Translation: Don't you dare wake me, I know where you sleep, and will get revenge - claw type bloody revenge!

If I am wounded in battle or suffering from disease, please tend me gently, and see that I am treated by loving and competent hands.

Translation: I reserve the right to mangle the most expensive hands you hire to treat me.

Please protect me from the inhuman humans who would hurt and torture me for their own amusement. I am accustomed to your gentle touch and am not always suspicious nor swift enough to avoid such malicious acts.

Translation: If you ever find out that it was me who bit your mother's thumb and gave her tetanus, I'll have to claim that she woke me up when I was having a bad dream.

In my later years when my senses fail me and my infirmities become to great to bear, allow me the comfort and dignity that I desire for my closing days and help me gently in my pain or passing.

Translation: When I've had enough of being pampered, please send me to my next reincarnation, where I look forward to being satisfactorily served once more.

Hear this prayer, my dear friend, my fate depends on you.

Translation: I might just accept you as slave, if you behave yourself.

Author Unknown

Ulex
03-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I seriously hope this is only a joke in very bad taste.
So do I. And if this is the case, I will withdraw my statement above.

Edit: As a statement to Seuthanan, that is. But I still mean every word about people who are being cruel to animals.

Treffie
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
I can't remember how often this has happened to me and my very inquisitive tortie. So true! :D

-------------------

Trampled Under Foot:

How many times have we cats heard someone in the kitchen preparing food, we run out to see what it is, and end up being stepped on?

Well, I have a solution. We need to announce our presence. I'm sure we've all experienced what can happen when we just sit quietly behind our purr-son's ankles and wait for them to notice us. They back up and step on us. Humans can be SO stupid!

The next time you are in the kitchen with your human, let them know you are there. Give them a little holler, like, "Hey stupid, down here!" or just a polite little "hello." Of course, if your human is really stupid, you may have to give them a swipe on the leg to get their attention.

Now if your human is too quick and you don't get a chance to announce yourself before they step on you, be sure to run when they bend down to apologize. Let them chase you all over the house. This will make them feel REALLY guilty and you will be sure to get some of whatever they were preparing to eat. And if you want them to feel REALLY, REALLY guilty, refuse to eat that treat!! It will surely pay off in the future!

Treffie
03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Hampering

(Some) Rules for Cats who have a House to Run

1. DOORS: Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get door opened, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season. Swinging doors are to be avoided at all costs.

2. CHAIRS AND RUGS: If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shagpile is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so that it is as long as the human's bare foot.

3. BATHROOMS: Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything - just sit and stare.

4. HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in some close activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping", otherwise known as "hampering". Following are some of the many rules for "hampering":

When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.

For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book, unless you can lie across the book itself.

For knitting projects or paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work or at least the most important part. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap the pencil or knitting needles. The worker may try to distract you; ignore it. Remember, the aim is to hamper work. Embroidery and needlepoint projects make great hammocks in spite of what the humans may tell you.

For people paying bills (monthly activity) or working on income taxes or Christmas cards (annual activity), keep in mind the aim-to hamper! First, sit on the paper being worked on. When dislodged, watch sadly from the side of the table. When activity proceeds nicely, roll around on the papers, scattering them to the best of your ability. After being removed for the second time, push pens, pencils, and erasers off the table, one at a time.

When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to jump on the back of the paper. Humans love surprises!

5. WALKING: As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their co-ordination skills.

6. BEDTIME: Always sleep on the human at night so s/he cannot move around.

Electronic God-Man
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Seuthanan, I suspected you're an asshole but now I dislike you even more. You're sick. I only wish I got my hands on you....

Clearly a sociopath.

To whom it may concern (not just Absinthe),

Where to begin? I would like to respond, but I don't want to anger anyone further. That may be impossible judging by the previous responses.

Was it a joke? Yes, in as much as I meant to test the waters. I've known people who are cat-lovers (seemingly obsessed with them) to be very emotional about the subject of felines in general, to the point of irrationality.

I should have mentioned that none of the cats were ever killed. The cats were always far too fast for the traps, of course. And the air-powered pellet gun seemed to do little harm. I can't even say I ever actually hit one either. Cats run away whether or not they were hit. I always saw the cats alive later on. Many of these cats were eventually killed by being hit by cars or by being unlucky enough to enter someone's yard when the dog was out. (Did I mention I was 10 or 11 at the time? Sure, sure...psychopath. But at the very least don't address me as if I did it yesterday.)

I thought I had stated this, but maybe not. These cats were literally pests at this point. Some appeared to have rabies judging by the foaming at the mouth. I'm sure many were carrying diseases of some form or another. Also, these were not friendly, cuddly, innocent cats. They would claw people (children mostly) and people's dogs. It appears that the Puerto Ricans living in the apartment complex across the street would just let their cats run around. Eventually there were enough of them that they stopped going back to their owners. They formed a large pack (herd, army, pride, whatever the appropriate term would be). Most often they would eat out of the many large dumpsters up there. The trash truck would come by and from inside and underneath the dumpster a dozen or more cats would pour out.

We did try to call animal services to fix the problem, but we had a hard enough time just to get the police to respond to calls in the neighborhood let alone get someone to do something about a wild cat problem. We did, however, take kittens to them some times since they would not come out to us.

A pack of dogs that had become "undomesticated" would most likely literally be hunted down and exterminated, not mildly harrassed by a couple of 11 year olds with an air rifle. Certainly rats would be annihilated without a second thought. I know, these animals in no way compare to the Cat in animal hierarchy, but I can hardly think of any other animal that would deserve such respect even when they have become a health risk.

Had I said that I shot another kid in the neighborhood with a pellet gun the reaction would have been milder. A joke about the Holocaust or lynching in the American South would not have caused the emotional outburst I have witnessed here. Someone even tried to get me banned over this (!). I think that would be a first in pro-European internet forum history, being banned for a single post in a very low-brow thread about cats.

Take a couple deep breaths.

Yours truly,

Seuthanan

@ Absinthe: Oh and what did I do before that made you think I was an asshole? I sure hope it wasn't as grave a matter as this one.

Loki
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Sure, sure...psychopath.

That, you are not. My impression is that you are a great guy.

Someone even tried to get me banned over this (!). I think that would be a first in pro-European internet forum history, being banned for a single post in a very low-brow thread about cats.

Where? Who said that? We're not going to ban you over this. This is not Skadi.

Absinthe
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Was it a joke? Yes, in as much as I meant to test the waters.

Yeah, surely it was a joke. :rolleyes: To "test the waters"? What a lame excuse. :rolleyes:

I've known people who are cat-lovers (seemingly obsessed with them) to be very emotional about the subject of felines in general, to the point of irrationality.

Can you blame people becoming emotional in the face of the boisterous bragging of animal torture? :rolleyes:

I should have mentioned that none of the cats were ever killed. The cats were always far too fast for the traps, of course. And the air-powered pellet gun seemed to do little harm. I can't even say I ever actually hit one either. ....

Oooohhh... but you did try to hit them? So it's less of a despicable act because you didn't manage to hit any (assuming we believe that as well :rolleyes:) :rolleyes2:

I thought I had stated this, but maybe not. These cats were literally pests at this point.

We did try to call animal services to fix the problem, but we had a hard enough time just to get the police to respond to calls in the neighborhood let alone get someone to do something about a wild cat problem. We did, however, take kittens to them some times since they would not come out to us.

What another great excuse :rolleyes2: So instead of waiting for the authorities to deal about it, you and your bro decided to take the "Law" in your hands and devise self-made cat traps, trying to kill the cats and get your kicks in the process.

@ Absinthe: Oh and what did I do before that made you think I was an asshole? I sure hope it wasn't as grave a matter as this one.

I told you already.

That, you are not. My impression is that you are a great guy.

Well to me, he remains a sociopath.

Where? Who said that? We're not going to ban you over this. This is not Skadi.

I am starting to wish for such futile comparisons to be eradicated.

Just because one board exerts seemingly harsh policies on its members, doesn't mean another board should become troll's and sociopath's paradice in order for it not to be compared with the former. My two cents...

Loki
03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Well to me, he remains a sociopath.

Could be, but keep that to yourself.

I am starting to wish for such futile comparisons to be eradicated.

Just because one board exerts seemingly harsh policies on its members, doesn't mean another board should become troll's and sociopath's paradice in order for it not to be compared with the former. My two cents...

My two cents is that you should step back and calm down. You are overreacting.

Absinthe
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Could be, but keep that to yourself.

He's in my ignore list from now on.

My two cents is that you should step back and calm down. You are overreacting.

I am not overracting by considering someone who bragged about animal abuse, to be a sociopath. Sorry. This is my opinion and I feel very strong about it.
I'd rather leave than have to tolerate such statements and pretend it's 'just fine' to shoot cats with airguns and try squashing them with rocks.

Loki
03-20-2009, 06:18 PM
He's in my ignore list from now on.

Where is that feature? I'm an admin and don't even know it. :D

I am not overracting by considering someone who bragged about animal abuse, to be a sociopath. Sorry. This is my opinion and I feel very strong about it.
I'd rather leave than have to tolerate such statements and pretend it's 'just fine' to shoot cats with airguns and try squashing them with rocks.

I equally hate people who are cruel to animals ... believe me.

I think in Seuthanan's case, he was just being mischievous. He's a 20-year old lad, and the experience he talks about happened when he was 10. There must be some other reason why you hate him.

Absinthe
03-20-2009, 06:19 PM
:rolleyes: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist :p

Gotta go now, see you later :)

Loki
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist :p

Thanks! :D

Gotta go now, see you later :)

Ok. :)

As admin it is my duty to calm volatile situations down, and that is all I'm trying to do. I do understand where you are coming from with regards to animal cruelty.

Electronic God-Man
03-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I never bragged about anything.

I never committed any sort of "animal torture" nor "animal abuse".

@ Absinthe (if she's still able to see what I post): No, I still don't know what you are really angry with me about before this. The silly Africa/Greece thing was in a thread where you yourself put the option "Africa" in the poll...it was a joke! Is that it? :confused:

As I said before, the animal services did not care in the least about the problem. They were pests and a health risk. I'll put it bluntly, I would have rather killed off all the cats than to let them end up biting more kids in the neighborhood and spreading disease. I see nothing wrong with that. We saw the problem and had to deal with it everyday. And yes, it was fun. After all, we were 11 and below.

We used to do all sorts of silly things. We especially liked pretending we were hunting or living in our own little society in the distant past. We made spears, little huts, "fished" for crayfish and salamanders in the creek, collected berries, etc. Making traps for the cats was just another thing we did. You make it sound like we were stealing people's kittens and then torturing them. If you think the "bragging" was the "Those were the days" comment, I just said that because I was remembering how much fun my brother and I (and our cousins and kids from the neighborhood) had doing these things I just said above.

You are getting entirely too bent out of shape about someone you don't know doing something 11 years ago which supposedly happened (you don't know what happened at all for sure) somewhere you don't know about nor have ever been, to some cats which you never knew.

I hold firmly to my previous statement that some cat-lovers can become irrational with the slightest provocation.

EDIT: He seems to have removed the post, but LOL! at Ulex trying to compare anything I have ever done to paedophilia or child abuse or anything of the sort.

EDIT EDIT: This thread has gotten much more interesting atleast.

Loki
03-20-2009, 07:26 PM
EDIT: He seems to have removed the post, but LOL! at Ulex trying to compare anything I have ever done to paedophilia or child abuse or anything of the sort.

No I deleted it, because it was uncalled for. There is no need to further inflame the situation.

Skandi
03-20-2009, 09:47 PM
My little Sathan, sleeping in her favourite spot, and keeping my book warm for me. At this size she couldn't jump on the bed, so I could have stopped her, but who can resist those eyes.

My Stepfather has a plate of cheese, and these three know it, the one in the middle is Sathan all grown up

Atlas
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
I just LOVE cats. One of my feline is called "Rainette".

I want to purchase a few more.

lei.talk
03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
for the many persons baffled
by this pattern of behavior (http://g-proxy.com/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL2ZvcnVtcy5za2FkaS5uZXQvc2hvd3 RocmVhZC5waHA%2FdD0xMTA4MDg%3D) :icon1:

(judging from the frequency
with which this thread-topic appears
across the inter-net - the mystified are legion :nod:),

is this quote clarifying?
A dog will always love you,
but you have to deserve the love from a cat.;)a doggish devotion is accepted and dismissed as a given

while aloof dis-interest is rewarded
with active pursuit and attentive devotion to pleasing the love-object. :lightbul:

Fortis in Arduis
03-26-2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.officialbengalcat.info/asian%20leopard%20catw2.jpg

Wild asian leopard cat, from which the domesticated Bengal is derived.

Miaow.

The kitten here has has started caterwauling.

It happened overnight. He has become a mancat, but mataiji thinks it is a girl. :tongue

Absinthe
03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
I was about to post the Savannah cat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_(cat))!! :eek: :p

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/savannah-cat-a1-1.jpg

Absinthe
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Yes, it is a big cat! It is a cross breed between the african wildcat Serval (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serval), and domestic breed.

http://www.svusd.org/hp_images/2608/P28527-serval.jpg
http://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/Like/serval/serval.jpg

The Savannah hybrid, which is smaller, is said to have an exquisite personality that resembles that of dogs: loyal, disciplined, playful and loves children.

http://www.lippman-enterprises.com/petpics/Sambuca.jpg

Loves splashing in the water, likes to be walked on a leash and adjusts very easily to new environments. :thumb001:

Allenson
03-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Here's the whole troop--three cats & a dog.

Super time at the AllensonDalton household! ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1195/3174450814_3814e50045_b.jpg

Manifest Destiny
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Edited.

Rainraven
03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Something tells me cats would never think to come up with a human appreciation thread :p

I once had a cat, it was a mangy old thing that my parents had got before my older sister was born. Went by the name Madison. To call her distant and aloof would be an understatement. Never too fond of company and in particular it seems, ours. She started to frequent the neighbours more in her older years and they fed her thinking she was a stray. After about 2 weeks she came back to much relief on our part. She died at the ripe old age of 13... At the neighbours house :D

Ulex
03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Something tells me cats would never think to come up with a human appreciation thread :p
I bet they would never come up with a cat appreciation thread either. The cats in my neighbourhood are always fighting eachother. Usually at night when Ulex is trying to catch a few hours of sleep. They behave so human like.

Sol Invictus
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/35346tx.jpg

Here's my kitty. He's a Norwegian Forest Cat and is around 6 years old.

He's such a funny and playful animal, I love him to death.

(The fur is a bit much, though, and he has a habit of cleaning himself on areas that collect the most of it, like my carpet.)

An excellent mouser, when we lived on my farm in Quebec he would bring in all kinds of mice into the house and put them in places like my bed and the front door. Apparently they do that as a prize for those they feel are the dominant 'friend' in the household.

I freak out, but I know his intentions are good.

Ulex
03-26-2009, 09:49 PM
My cat was a poor hunter. He sometimes brought in a live mouse in my house, expecting me to do the killing part. I could see him thinking: "Come on human... Kill it with your teeth and then eat it raw!"

I never did, what he expected from me. Honestly.

Frigga
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I love kitties! :D

I have three, and they all ended up being a form of black. :mmmm:

Tauchers is the attention whore, and the oldest one. She's black with faint tabby stripes, and a thick, short, luxurious coat. She's a polydactal, who had to be declawed. She had scratched the eye of one of our other cats. She has these funny flaps of skin right in front of her thighs, so that if you want to, you can pick her up by her skin flaps! :eek: She is the one who is the most likely to be in your lap, or on the table, interrupting your reading, or needlework, miawing, and demanding to have attention lavished upon her. :rolleyes: She's also the one who is bulimic, and will overeat, and then barf on my knitting projects.

Mouser is the next one. Her full name is The Gremlin Mouser, as she looked like Gizmo from the movie Gremlins when she was a kitten. She's a tuxedo, with white socks. She's a medium length. When she was younger, we also called her Mouserina Skunk Tail, as she has a cute little puffy tail. She's the most neurotic one. Always suspicious that one of the other animals are around the corner, waiting to pounce on her when she least expects it. She and Tauchers have never got along. In November of 2006, she got into a fight with Tauchers, and we had to work to get her from underneath the house, as Tauchers had ripped Mouser's eye open. An expensive eye operation later, her iris is permanently fused open on the one side, so in bright sunlight, is dilated on the one half. I have said since then that she's Odin's cat because of that. She also is the one that I am the least confident of always being able to pick up because she always is able to be so grumpy on the drop of a dime. But, she is also one of the sweetest cats in her tender moments.

The pride and joy of our household is Persuader. He'll be three in July. He is a brownish black. He started off a dusky gray, with rosy brown points on his ears, tail, and feet. He is half Manx, but has the most luxurious tail I've ever seen on a cat before. It's practically prehensile. :D When he wakes up from a deep sleep, it lays flat across his back, like a huskie tail. And he has a cute little mane around his face, including cheek tufts. And he has this uncanny knack for falling asleep in really odd places. If I'm able to get to a faster connection, I'll post some pictures to show what I mean. You have to see it. It is really some of the funniest things you'll have ever seen. He also has a really odd habit that he started when he was about four month old. He started to hump stuffed animals. I kid you not! He still does it. My boyfriend has these stuffed animal battles with him, where he has a toy that he has pick fights with Persuader. Our cat will beat up the stuffed animal, and then he will bite it by the neck, and drag it throughout the house, humping it. He makes some funny noises when he does it too. :pound: :lmao He's even neutered too! It's really hysterical. And then he has to lick himself afterward. :dielaughing:

We also have a Bouvier des Flandres, who is now five. Her name is Nietzche. She's one of the sweetest dogs with people that you could imagine. But, obviously, I'm more of a cat person. :embarrassed

Solwyn
03-26-2009, 11:58 PM
My cat tolerates me. I try to love her, but she has little time for me. She loves my son and his father, and pays attention to me when she wants something. A former student has a cat that is due to give birth soon and I am getting one of the kittens. I will have to keep this one away from them and their cat-voodoo.

This is one of my favourite cat pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/gefjion/funny-pictures-cat-threatens-to-kil.jpg

Arundel
03-27-2009, 02:36 AM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042&stc=1&d=1237470471

This was also one of the greatest cats I've ever met as she was very brave and street-wise and very feared in the neighbourhood. Rommelina was already very old when I met her but she had a full and very pleasant life next to people who loved her dearly :)

Cat photo
I love your cat picture. I have a calico I call Chloe, and I just love her dearly. I also have two other cats. My black cat Thomas, who looks like a little black very shiny miniature panther, with golden eyes, has a chair a lot like that one. I have a thing about buying antique chairs, so last summer I bought another one and it already had a nice woven seat in it. Thomas immediately claimed it and spends his leisure time in it. Today we were expecting company so I thought I would put his grungy blankie up for the day. He was so upset when he found it gone, I just went and got it out again for him. I thought to heck with the company, I think more of Thomas. I have always liked cats better than people, they have been the loves of my life.

Arundel
03-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Hampering

(Some) Rules for Cats who have a House to Run

1. DOORS: Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get door opened, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season. Swinging doors are to be avoided at all costs.

2. CHAIRS AND RUGS: If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shagpile is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so that it is as long as the human's bare foot.

3. BATHROOMS: Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything - just sit and stare.

4. HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in some close activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping", otherwise known as "hampering". Following are some of the many rules for "hampering":

When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.

Cats
I loved your article. Only one who has lived with cats all their life could really appreciate it. I had a friend whose cat always threw up on top of her piano.
One of my cats used to bring me his dead prey. If he could find a dead mouse or mole he was delighted. He would climb the porch stairs and come to the front door with his prize. He would lay it down and then call for me to come see what he had for me. Some of the things were very distasteful, but I always praised him highly, while I gingerly picked the awful thing up. But he was so proud of himself. One day I guess he couldn't find a mouse, so he brought me an enormous grass hopper thing, I never knew what I was going to get. He lived for 18 years, and we all loved him dearly.

Arundel
03-28-2009, 01:58 AM
I was about to post the Savannah cat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_(cat))!! :eek: :p

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/savannah-cat-a1-1.jpg

What a beautiful cat, I envy you. I subscribe to the Cat Fancy magazine, and I always go through it and admire all the cats. But the one I loved the most was the Savannah. I told my husband that is just the kind I would like to have. I think I have reached my limit though, I have three house cats. I have gotten all three at different times from shelters. My newest one, a calico I call Chloe, was five months old when I got her, and she had been confined in a cage all her life. But she has a great life now, she has a step brother who plays with her all day, until they get worn out and have to retire to take a nap.

Treffie
03-28-2009, 02:00 AM
The Savannah hybrid, which is smaller, is said to have an exquisite personality that resembles that of dogs: loyal, disciplined, playful and loves children.

http://www.lippman-enterprises.com/petpics/Sambuca.jpg

Loves splashing in the water, likes to be walked on a leash and adjusts very easily to new environments. :thumb001:

Ok, I want one! :thumb001:

Arundel
03-29-2009, 03:29 AM

I once had a cat, it was a mangy old thing that my parents had got before my older sister was born. Went by the name Madison. To call her distant and aloof would be an understatement. Never too fond of company and in particular it seems, ours. She started to frequent the neighbours more in her older years and they fed her thinking she was a stray. After about 2 weeks she came back to much relief on our part. She died at the ripe old age of 13... At the neighbours house :D

Aloof siamese
I have had many cats, just strays, and they were all nice and friendly. But I had always wanted a lovely pure bred Siamese. I made a long trip to buy a lovely little female I named Sheba. She was very pretty, a seal point, and had the beautiful blue eyes that siameses usually have. But she never really liked me. She just wanted to sit around and look aloof, and she never did bond with any of us. We were very good to her, I would even take her to bed with me. Nothing doing, she could have cared less. After she died I told my husband Sheba just quietly passed through our lives, we never really knew her. Since then I have acquired three mixed breed cats from shelters and they are great. Very loving and friendly. Everywhere I go around the house they all three go too, they are my entourage. I just adore them. So my advice is just get a plain old cat without any pedigree. As for the lady's Savannah's I would be tempted.

jerney
03-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Here's my cat in a box

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wgasy8.jpg

Vulpix
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20090330/lcrhea090330.gif

Sol Invictus
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/r6y9m0.jpg

Vulpix
04-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Bgb33XkovnI

HyDRn9esgps

Solwyn
04-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Here is a picture of Honey that I did not even know I had!!! I found it just now while I was going through some photobucket albums. She is making a final inspection of everything before our Yule dinner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/gefjion/1010082152.jpg

Loddfafner
04-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I had better stay out of this thread as I am apt to post Chinese recipes.

Solwyn
04-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Some of my students could probably post some interesting recipes involving cats:D

Gwynyvyr
04-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Here's the whole troop--three cats & a dog.

Super time at the AllensonDalton household! ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1195/3174450814_3814e50045_b.jpg

You have my dogs twin!:eek:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wozqd2.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/1j7pet.jpg

Arundel
04-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Grooming, help!
I have three cats, two with short hair, and one with the most beautiful long silver hair. They told me she had silver hair when I got her, and I thought, I'll bet it is just some shade of gray. But they were right it is silver, and she has white feet and a white bib. She is very beautiful. The odd thing is I only saw her face in a carrier at the shelter when I adopted her. She had a very dainty 'little girl cat' face. Then when I got home, I was amazed at how really pretty she was. But every day I have to comb her, it doesnt work just to brush her, you have to get down to where the tangles form. I actually combed her 3 times today. I have to catch her when she is in the mood, and ideally I like to catch her when her tummy is exposed, because that is where the worst knots form. I use a spray on shampoo that has lavender and chamomile in it. One of my other cats, Chloe, is crazy about the chamomile one. I tell her she is the only kid on the block smelling like lavender and chamomile. Abby is getting more used to the daily grooming, and doesn't throw a big fit like she used to. Why I go through this daily routine is because in the past her fur got in a mess and we had to have her trimmed twice. I don't want to have that done anymore because I don't want to have her anesthetized, I probably spelled that wrong. Do any of you cat owners have a long haired cat, if you don't, you don't know what you are missing.

Mikey
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
My Traditional Siamese kitten Sif, she is about 6 months old here;:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gyhSk2aNec&feature=channel_page

Skandi
04-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Interesting on the grooming we have three long hairs and only one will submit to brushing, however knots are rare on any of them, normally just around the sail and we cut them out with scissors. Saying that one of our other cats had the same problem, it was a bit of a pain.

Frigga
04-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I have two long hairs. I've never needed to brush them out, but then again, both of them are pretty anal about grooming themselves at any opportunity, and don't allow big mats to form. My vet has also told me that all three of them have some of the best coats she's ever seen. I think that it's because they're hunters, and eat the raw meat from the rodents they catch. Maybe you could give them some supplemental fish oil to improve the quality of the coat so that it doesn't mat so easily. Also, my suggestion is to get one of those grooming mitts. It's a mitten with little rubber fingers all over the palm and thumb area. Your kitty will most likely believe that you're petting her, and not brushing her. Just always have it around, and use it as often as possible.

:)

Groenewolf
04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
http://4allcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sacredcat.jpg

Ilsa Von Kitten Katten
04-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Cats are the greatest pets ever. To hell with dogs.

I very much agree!
*caption courtesy of my friend

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/4/4/katsaint/f_CATthedaythm_6bf6ff3.png

Arundel
04-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Interesting on the grooming we have three long hairs and only one will submit to brushing, however knots are rare on any of them, normally just around the sail and we cut them out with scissors. Saying that one of our other cats had the same problem, it was a bit of a pain.

My long haired Abby has two kinds of fur. The on top fur is pretty ordinary in texture, but then she has this underneath fur that is real flyaway, and hard to comb. But she's worth it. My cats bring me more enjoyment than anything else. My husband laughs about how they hang out with me.
When I sit in a chair and read, there come all three of them. The one who gets there first gets my lap, the other the stand table beside me, and the third one lays on the foot stool. I always feel honored that they love me enough to want to be with me.

Arundel
04-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I have two long hairs. I've never needed to brush them out, but then again, both of them are pretty anal about grooming themselves at any opportunity, and don't allow big mats to form. My vet has also told me that all three of them have some of the best coats she's ever seen. I think that it's because they're hunters, and eat the raw meat from the rodents they catch. Maybe you could give them some supplemental fish oil to improve the quality of the coat so that it doesn't mat so easily. Also, my suggestion is to get one of those grooming mitts. It's a mitten with little rubber fingers all over the palm and thumb area. Your kitty will most likely believe that you're petting her, and not brushing her. Just always have it around, and use it as often as possible.

:)

The fish oil is a good idea. I had a very plain 'barn' cat once. No beauty at all, except his personality, it was great. He was just an ordinary tabby cat, with very dry looking fur until one day I gave him some fish oil, and his hair changed completely, and looked great.
When I was a little girl my mother gave me cod liver oil, terrible stuff. But recently I read that it is very good for you. I couldn't eat anything fishy for years.

Arundel
04-06-2009, 03:43 AM
http://4allcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sacredcat.jpg

The cat in the photo has exactly the kind of facial profile that I like best. They look like the early egyptian cats. When I got my cat Thomas from the shelter I had told them I would prefer not to have a black cat. Then I saw Thomas, he had that oriental profile, with long ears & a very long tail. He was all black, even his nose, but with golden eyes. My husband says those are his head lights. When I saw the 'black' cat I immediately fell in love with him, and passed over a nice little yellow one that I had really wanted until I met Thomas. He had personality & that lovely oriental profile like the cat in your photo. We both love him dearly.

Mikey
04-06-2009, 04:37 AM
This female Traditional Siamese 5-6 months old (not mine) needs a good home, pic does not do her justice, absolutely beautiful! Possibly has been neglected socially and is VERY shy around humans, so will require some patience. If any of you Amurricans (or Canadians) are not too far from North Idaho and would like to adopt her, let me know,

Absinthe
04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
If you come sightseeing, that's one thing you should put on your checklist :thumb001:

http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/advocacy/wp-content/uploads/0000126641-anmadv058-004.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/2889439.jpg
http://image56.webshots.com/56/4/72/10/493947210ZluUZL_ph.jpg
http://www.ellopos.org/photoblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bluecats.jpg
http://www.cat-pics.co.uk/images/greek-cat-1.jpg
http://www.cat-pics.co.uk/images/greek-cat-3.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1008/562479440_ecf2501fe1.jpg
http://bellatheboxer.typepad.com/a_dogs_life_bella_the_box/images/2007/09/26/black_cat.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/868924957_febfec2bda.jpg

"Can I haz feta chiz? KK thx" :mad:

http://www.snakebunk.com/outoftheoffice/greece2005/naxosCat.jpg

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM
And of course we have cats here too :kitty000:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Zaanse-Schans-cat-and-windmills-0273.jpg

http://www.sobi.org/photos/Cat/Amsterdam/BargeCat_002.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/2510405491_c0f18c0d83.jpg?v=0

http://www.sobi.org/photos/Cat/Amsterdam/WhiteCat_003.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/212/516180618_1e092a80b9.jpg?v=0

And I found a picture of a painting of a cat (and a dog) on Delftware (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delftware):

http://www.vandekar.com/largeimages/NY5826.jpg

Absinthe
04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
[font=book antiqua]
http://www.sobi.org/photos/cat/amsterdam/bargecat_002.jpg

rotrdam cat takez no sheet fron forayners. :D

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2009, 08:18 PM
amstrdam cat hatez forayners and scratchez yous eyebalz out :D

Ulex
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Why do all cats speak ebonics? They are much too intelligent for such a baby-language.

Brynhild
04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
The washed look:
http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/animals/WashedCat.jpg

Skandi
04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
A cat named Felix was found alive and well beneath the rubble of a six-storey building in Cologne that collapsed five weeks ago, the fire brigade in German city said on Tuesday. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
A fireman recovers documents from amongst the ruins of the collapsed building of the town
The 12-year-old cat was in surprisingly good health, authorities said. He was found beneath the city archives building that collapsed on March 3.

Rescue workers were clearing away the rubble from the ruins, in which two people were killed, when they spotted a pair of small paws.

"The men lifted some concrete blocks when suddenly a little cat came to light," said Dietmar Paust, fire brigade spokesman.
source (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090408/tod-oukoe-uk-germany-cat-cb1d00a.html)
Aww lucky thing.

Vulpix
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
source (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090408/tod-oukoe-uk-germany-cat-cb1d00a.html)
Aww lucky thing.

Five weeks :eek:! More evidence for cat superiority! :thumb001:

Ilsa Von Kitten Katten
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Why do all cats speak ebonics? They are much too intelligent for such a baby-language.

I loved this cat picture, they all don't, this one take offense to that silly LOLspeak.

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/4/8/katsaint/f_CATVerysmarm_9c56c8d.jpg

Arundel
04-10-2009, 01:56 AM
When I first adopted Chloe, a little calico from the shelter, and brought her home, I was very uneasy. My black, panther looking cat, Thomas was very aggresive with my other cat. But little Chloe stood up to him, and he loved her. If he lost sight of her, he would go around the house calling to her just like a mother cat does to a kitten. I couldn't believe it.
The two girl cats have some pretty good conversations some time. I will hear them just talking back and forth nicely to one another.

Sometime ago we heard this terrible noise in the basement, we couldn't even tell what it was. It turned out to be our lovedly, sedate Abby. She was up in a basement window 'screaming' at a tom cat who was looking in her basement window.
He, in return, would scream back. Now I know what they mean by the term caterwauling. I never heard such sounds come out of a cat before. But the two of them seemed to have tired of screaming at each other, & I haven't heard it for some time. I hope that is the end of it.

Mikey
04-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Picture from the flooding in the USA heartland last Spring:)

Inese
04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I love funny cat movies!!!!!! :D:D Better comedy than comdies with human!!! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QimJ7GLBHqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBl3r4QFO4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8b2L7hB9oE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXitF4lJto

Mikey
04-10-2009, 10:23 PM
When I first adopted Chloe, a little calico from the shelter, and brought her home, I was very uneasy. My black, panther looking cat, Thomas was very aggresive with my other cat. But little Chloe stood up to him, and he loved her. If he lost sight of her, he would go around the house calling to her just like a mother cat does to a kitten. I couldn't believe it.
The two girl cats have some pretty good conversations some time. I will hear them just talking back and forth nicely to one another.

Sometime ago we heard this terrible noise in the basement, we couldn't even tell what it was. It turned out to be our lovedly, sedate Abby. She was up in a basement window 'screaming' at a tom cat who was looking in her basement window.
He, in return, would scream back. Now I know what they mean by the term caterwauling. I never heard such sounds come out of a cat before. But the two of them seemed to have tired of screaming at each other, & I haven't heard it for some time. I hope that is the end of it.
If you think that was bad, wait until they are mating:eek::cool:

Inese
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Serval (Africa)

http://www.svusd.org/hp_images/2608/P28527-serval.jpg

lol this cat looks very stupid!!! :D The head is so small and the body so large...:eek::cool: The head is like from a normal cat and the body from a puma!!! Evolution was drunk!!?? :rolleyes:

Loki
04-11-2009, 04:33 PM
lol this cat looks very stupid!!! :D The head is so small and the body so large...:eek::cool: The head is like from a normal cat and the body from a puma!!! Evolution was drunk!!?? :rolleyes:

I've seen quite a few of them where I grew up, near the Kruger National Park. :thumb001:

Ilsa Von Kitten Katten
04-13-2009, 07:27 PM
If you think that was bad, wait until they are mating:eek::cool:

Mikey, just wait until it's little Sif's time for that. :embarrassed :wink

Manifest Destiny
04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Edited.

Ilsa Von Kitten Katten
04-14-2009, 07:40 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/IzByf3BylaKSh25O4RnCanK2HRa3OnPYC18UDmW-205ZRJh3Ufn3fwNAkELccbJWrNOAJU2gA0QrGuZON2C1Dk0Id5 TP7d58/Catanddogtalkaboutgod.jpg

Manifest Destiny
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Edited.

Tabiti
04-16-2009, 06:56 PM
My cat Varg (named you know whom:D):
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/Bagathur/DSC00164.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/Bagathur/DSC00163.jpg

Atlas
04-17-2009, 11:50 PM
11 pages and counting for a cat appreciation thread, nice. :)

My cat is actually in my grandma home for a holiday. She told was how nice she was, for example looking at her when my grandma was bored like "do you feel bad whats going on !" cats are so smart. :)

Arundel
04-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Thomas' specialty is chewing up any roll of paper he can get hold of, paper towels & toilet paper. He completely demolishes the whole role. We have to keep our toilet paper in the cabinet drawer.

Chloe's specialty is opening doors on all the cupboards, cabinets, etc.

One evening I was sitting in the living room and I kept hearing china rattling, no breakage, so I didn't check. I found out the next day that Chloe had opened the door to my corner cupboard, and was in there walking among my tea pots.
Here is the aiding and abetting incident. I saw Thomas on top of the refrigerator, and it sounded like he was chewing again, I figured he was chewing the artificial pear arrangement. Then he left, I thought, and Chloe got up there. I soon learned that she had opened the cabinet door over the refrigerator, and Thomas, who can't open doors, was in there chewing all the paper napkins. If Chloe hadn't opened the door, Thomas would never gotten in to destroy the napkins. Actually they are hilarious, they make me laugh a lot at their antics. The next day I saw Tom sitting up on top of the refrigerator looking longingly at the cabinet door, hoping Chloe would come open it for him.

Skandi
04-19-2009, 04:27 AM
That sounds like the cat and dog we had when I was small. Wrassy was the cat and she would open the high cupboards and knock anything that looked interesting out of them. Fred was a greyhound and would tear open the packaging, then they would devour the contents together.

Lady L
04-26-2009, 05:23 PM
This one makes me laugh every time! :D

http://i42.tinypic.com/14wqdyg.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2n090d3.jpg

:dog00000:

Mikey
05-07-2009, 07:35 AM
:cool:

Lulletje Rozewater
05-07-2009, 07:59 AM
11 pages and counting for a cat appreciation thread, nice. :)

My cat is actually in my grandma home for a holiday. She told was how nice she was, for example looking at her when my grandma was bored like "do you feel bad whats going on !" cats are so smart. :)

That is very catty of you.
Must put a stop to it.:D

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/Dokkie_G/funny_cats_3.jpg

Lulletje Rozewater
05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
This was my cat.
Is now in heaven guarding the pearly Skadi-gates for intruders.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/Dokkie_G/hitlercat.jpg

Manifest Destiny
05-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Appreciate this: Meowcenaries (http://www.adultswim.com/games/game/?game=meowcenaries).

It takes a while to load, but it's actually pretty fun.

Tabiti
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
This was my cat.
Is now in heaven guarding the pearly Skadi-gates for intruders.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/Dokkie_G/hitlercat.jpg
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl :D

Lulletje Rozewater
05-07-2009, 08:25 AM
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl :D

Just beautiful.

Rainraven
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't think this ones been posted, it is so the most hilarious LOLcat EVER! :D

http://www.ceilingcat.com/img/ceilingcat.jpg

Psychonaut
05-07-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't think this ones been posted, it is so the most hilarious LOLcat EVER! :D

Man, I hate it when my cat watches me mast...er...I mean *cough* *cough* :D

Mikey
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM

:rolleyes:

anonymaus
05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I lost my cat of 15 years just a few weeks ago, to "idiopathic" (every pet owner has heard this word before, it's vet speak for "we don't know what the hell we're doing and never have, get ready to lose your pet") pleural effusion.

I may dig up some photos of her for the thread.

In the meantime:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1727&stc=1&d=1241721799

Ladejarlen
05-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Here are some cat photos I have taken:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs034.snc1/3261_192142165590_727885590_6803360_8167780_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/3160_183711035590_727885590_6606015_2240087_n.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/3160_188247510590_727885590_6715677_4795060_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/3160_188247505590_727885590_6715676_1966632_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/3160_183711815590_727885590_6606028_1799095_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2306/100/81/727885590/n727885590_5779182_498.jpg
And their mother, Frøya:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2306/100/81/727885590/n727885590_5779211_6745.jpg

Hope you like them:) Photos taken with a Nikon D60, im still a beginner with it

Sol Invictus
05-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Very nice. The mother cat looks like my own cat. Looks like it's the exact breed, too, A Norsk Forest Cat.

Here he is.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zspphs.jpg

Óttar
05-08-2009, 05:28 AM
that can of tuna fish...

When I was younger I once asked my grandmother's friend why it was that in our culture men are associated with dogs and women with cats.

His reply was "Well, a dog will stay loyal no matter what, but a cat will go to whoever feeds them."

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
A bunch of sweet kittens I found online.

Those are Maine Coon kittens.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/mjbmeister/SF1TFh3sEgI/AAAAAAAAH7U/ct-jUM8ZgeI/s400/Maine-Coon-Kittens.jpg

http://www.geolution.nl/dieren/huisdieren/mainecoon.jpg

And this is a more full grown Maine Coon.:)

Ulf
05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2808815696_a9babac814_b.jpg

Lars
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Everybody knows good cats are dead cats.

http://www.methuenbookshop.co.uk/images/475/0413776166.jpg

Ladejarlen
05-10-2009, 10:39 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3864/100/81/727885590/n727885590_6854407_5350894.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3864/100/81/727885590/n727885590_6854408_6956056.jpg
Took the photos earlier today

Lulletje Rozewater
05-11-2009, 05:59 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/Dokkie_G/Twinandcat.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/Dokkie_G/catonholiday.jpg

Spaniard_Truth
05-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Here's Fen, my best and silliest friend:http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu357/cromulantbaboon/894.jpg

And attached is my other best friend, Boon:

Lulletje Rozewater
05-24-2009, 01:39 PM
some more cats

Ulex
05-26-2009, 11:23 AM
That mountain has got to be photoshopped. God would never be able to create such a mountain without the aid of PhotoShop.

Lulletje Rozewater
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
That mountain has got to be photoshopped. God would never be able to create such a mountain without the aid of PhotoShop.

I thought so too,but there are about ten photos on that site and all incredible.
Do not forget that God has plenty felines in heaven

Lulletje Rozewater
05-27-2009, 06:29 AM
some more stupid cats how can yo appreciate these beasts:D:D:D

Lulletje Rozewater
05-27-2009, 06:34 AM
what a shame.

Lulletje Rozewater
05-27-2009, 06:36 AM
These are the Apricity friends.

Útrám
05-27-2009, 06:41 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/510809653_0fd633d8be.jpg?v=0

Spaniard_Truth
05-27-2009, 10:29 AM
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6931/636ojj.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=636ojj.jpg)

Groenewolf
06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/16/nowenotintwer128501248250312500.jpg

Rainraven
06-07-2009, 05:22 AM
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/tq/71/93535971.jpg

Look at these cute Egyptian Mau kittens for sale in my area...
We're not allowed pets in my flat but I'm so hopeless, whenever I go past the pet shop I just have to have a look!

Lulletje Rozewater
06-07-2009, 06:52 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/1zh0k6a.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/5o2dg.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2iifv3r.jpg

anonymaus
06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2hem4b9.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/2aj3sz6.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/24ovp89.jpg

Ulex
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/5o2dg.jpg

Hats off, Gentlemen! There goes a true hero! So courageous, so elegant, so incredibly arrogant.

Rachel
06-10-2009, 05:54 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/6oo9i8.jpg

Zankapfel
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Newborn kittens we rescued (6 days old):

http://imgs.icepic.de/dsc00678.jpg/

http://imgs.icepic.de/dsc006662.jpg

RoyBatty
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hats off, Gentlemen! There goes a true hero! So courageous, so elegant, so incredibly arrogant.

Wespekt fo shizzle, dat be one brave kat! :)

The Lawspeaker
06-10-2009, 08:11 PM
70wuAWxOEZA

http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/dreaming_kitten.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-angry-cat-questions-lolspeak.jpg

Rainraven
06-10-2009, 08:24 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/152656667_99ae14112f.jpg

The Lawspeaker
06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
6Xp7M0_hdUE

Rachel
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
for the many persons baffled
by this pattern of behavior (http://g-proxy.com/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL2ZvcnVtcy5za2FkaS5uZXQvc2hvd3 RocmVhZC5waHA%2FdD0xMTA4MDg%3D) :icon1:

(judging from the frequency
with which this thread-topic appears
across the inter-net - the mystified are legion :nod:),

is this quote clarifying?a doggish devotion is accepted and dismissed as a given

while aloof dis-interest is rewarded
with active pursuit and attentive devotion to pleasing the love-object. :lightbul:

ironically enough thats how my love works as well if a man wants me he has to earn my love :) so i think ill consider myself part kitty. meow

Ladejarlen
06-15-2009, 04:55 AM
http://snuzzy.com/wp-content/uploads/identity-theft-1.jpg

http://snuzzy.com/wp-content/uploads/identity-theft-3.jpg

http://snuzzy.com/wp-content/uploads/identity-theft-3.jpg

http://snuzzy.com/wp-content/uploads/identity-theft-5.jpg

More here: http://snuzzy.com/twinzes/

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/1.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/2.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/3.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/4.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/5.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/6.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/7.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/8.jpg

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/cuteanimals/9.jpg

More here: http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/2009/06/100-cute-animal-photos-that-make-you-go-awww/

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8711/q22j2f0199cheetahlift.jpg

Røyskatt bonus:
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/wallpaper/2008/img/0808wallpaperys-3_1280.jpg

Vulpix
06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-does-not-want-to-move.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-catches-birds-in-his-mouth.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-made-a-mess-in-the-bathroom.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-sleeps-on-your-sweater.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-comes-with-trial-size.jpg

anonymaus
06-16-2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2089&stc=1&d=1245192956

Beorn
06-17-2009, 04:00 PM
J5Xrcp6k8VE

Äike
06-17-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jhaVcEmKws&feature=channel

Absinthe
06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
^

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-cat-box-catnip-addiction.jpg

Atlas
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
What I am going to add on my love on cats is rather sad. Three of my cats either disapparead or were killed in the past, in this order :

Tiffain = Lost. We don't know what happen, he disapparead from my grandma home a day. She cried over the loss for a long time. Us as well.

Arthur =, Horrible, was beheaded by a train. She took the habbit of waiting for my night-working father in the morning at the station. One day, she hasn't survived it.

Ibis = Died. Maybe of jealousy/sadness, I brought a cat to my dad (Rainette) a day. He liked her and chosen to keep her despite Ibis being at home already. Our old cat literaly changed from that day... Until he died for no reasons whatsoever.

Hope this is the end of that list.

Lulletje Rozewater
06-18-2009, 08:19 AM
There are so many photos of cats.
I hope this is not a repeat.

http://i40.tinypic.com/adcncx.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/hrlpx1.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2a64947.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/talb3l.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/kaloc1.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/fd9frq.jpg

Äike
06-18-2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZootaxRh3M&feature=channel

lei.talk
06-22-2009, 06:24 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/fpc7cz.jpg (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS281US281&q=ted+valerie+rock+cat+yoda&aq=f&oq=&aqi=)

Lulletje Rozewater
06-23-2009, 07:12 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/vmu0xc.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/n4vdya.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/25spx1z.jpg

Vulpix
06-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Ahhh, wet cats :D!....

Does it look anything like this when you try to wash your cat? (http://www.westhamptonpet.net/cat-bathing.shtml)

http://www.westhamptonpet.net/images/wetcat11.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7355/wetcats.gif

Allenson
06-23-2009, 02:03 PM
We have two species of wildcat here in northern New England and perhaps three if occasional sightings of the mountain lion/puma/catamout are accurate.

They are all very elusive and aren't often seen by people. I've only had two sightings of a bobcat in all my days around here.

Here they are--

Bobcat:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Images/diversity/bobcat8.jpg

Canada Lynx:

http://www.stockpix.com/image/8867.jpg

Mountain Lion:

http://www.no-pest.com/MountainLion5.jpg

Lulletje Rozewater
06-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Are mountain Lions and Pumas the same ???????????

Thorum
06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
My cats.

Amarantine
07-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Mine were like these> (just similar )

he http://www.hrphotocontest.com/data/gallery1/4447/180818.jpg

and his mother
http://i35.tinypic.com/2yy4c5z.jpg

they were quite characters!

lei.talk
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/21/33570155_fa856e2578.jpg

Vulpix
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
^Relaxation.

Fortis in Arduis
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I want one of these:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44652000/jpg/_44652048_george_pdsa220.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04/10/article-0-00DC7CF400000578-389_233x428_popup.jpg

A big over-fed sumo ginger Tom house-cat. :D

Vulpix
07-06-2009, 07:56 PM
^Get a Maine Coon then.

Ie:

http://mcgonnigle.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/coonbig.jpg

Vulpix
07-07-2009, 06:50 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/07/article-0-059BDFF5000005DC-922_634x332.jpg

Zankapfel
07-10-2009, 04:08 AM
http://www.lachschon.de/images/83452_great_katzenphun.jpg

http://www.lachschon.de/images/82198_katze_im_bild.jpg

http://www.lachschon.de/images/74199_achtung_loewe.jpg

http://www.lachschon.de/images/74120_grosse_mietzekatze_2.jpg

http://www.lachschon.de/images/71406_emocat.jpg

Vulpix
07-10-2009, 09:02 AM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5278/songchartmemescatssleep.jpg

Tolleson
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Cats. :D

Brännvin
07-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I am not fond of cats but this photo is nice one :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/3565672226_cd41585e4a_o.jpg

Laudanum
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/funny-pictures-cat-asks-you-to-open-door.jpg

Manifest Destiny
07-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Edited.

Inese
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
My wife and I just adopted a new kitten. We named him Loki.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6256/lokia.jpg
What a sweet cat :kitty000: One of the cudliest kitty photos i know!! Thank :thumb001:

Spaniard_Truth
07-16-2009, 08:43 AM
It's great to see so many cat lovers in one place. Cats usually get a lot of hate in threads like these. This is very refreshing. Pure cat love :D

Anyway, I scanned an old photo of one of mine as a kitten (she's 13 now) :

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv103/camelsloop/004-1.jpg

And now:

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv103/camelsloop/warm004.jpg

Laudanum
07-16-2009, 11:59 AM
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv103/camelsloop/warm004.jpg

Looks very much like my cat. Mine is a bit fatter, though.:p

Skandi
07-19-2009, 01:06 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-you-have-a-new-virus.jpg

Zankapfel
07-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Cat portraits by me.

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/dd6fadae.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/DSC005.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/c5a5c250.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/d1b20393.jpg

All my models are gorgeous (:

Treffie
07-19-2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXvodHDBFU

Ladejarlen
07-19-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.skole.trondheim.kommune.no/eberg/4klasse/dyret_mitt/katt-800.jpg

http://www.dyrevern.no/images/255/katt_hjemlos.jpg

http://ting23tang.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/katt1.jpg

Cyclop cat:
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/45/454/454443/katt3.jpg
http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services-miscellaneous-business/4687971-1.html

http://nrkbeta.no/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/katt.jpg

Brännvin
07-23-2009, 08:04 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2148/2166395112_8a5a920ecf_o.jpg

Äike
07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
My favorite cat breed, the Siberian cat:

http://www.assetsoflife.com/The-Cat-Place/Cat%20Images/Siberian_Cat.2.JPG

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/images/siberian-cat1.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/cats/1/7/p/t/2/TolyaSiberian566x473.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/merjatee/3years500x397.jpg

http://www.bigskysiberiankatz.com/000_0034.jpg

http://www.notteroy-dyreklinikk.no/klinikken/images/stories/siberian-cat-0008.jpg

Zankapfel
07-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Attn. Foxie ;]

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/f70a462a.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/38ef0a13.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/fc917aa0.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/2503f06e.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/77247506.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv106/devianteu/ce2223cc.jpg

^lol random macro.

Vulpix
07-25-2009, 05:04 PM
^Awesomest pics in the whole thread :love:!! Great job Zankapfel :thumb001:!

~°2012°~
07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Earth's cruelest cat

6msUnS8CjlU

lei.talk
07-28-2009, 02:27 AM
The Mean Kitty Song

https://youtu.be/Qit3ALTelOo

Treffie
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Casper the commuting cat :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8174850.stm

Atlas
07-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Another vacation picture, we stopped at a friend's home for lunch on our way to South France and that friend just had 4 kittens from his 18 cats already !

One of them, he hasn't named him yet :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/DonSalluzt/Jackykitty.jpg

Äike
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
My cat (R.I.P):

http://www.hot.ee/poke/kass/images/kass0001.jpg

http://www.hot.ee/poke/kass/images/kass0023.jpg

http://www.hot.ee/poke/kass/images/kass0036.jpg

http://www.hot.ee/poke/kass/images/kass0015.jpg

http://www.hot.ee/poke/kass/images/kass0037.jpg

http://www.hot.ee/poke/kass/images/kass0040.jpg

Laudanum
07-30-2009, 09:55 PM
My cat (R.I.P):

That cat looks awesome! Too bad it's dead.:( R.I.P. Karl's cat.

Groenewolf
08-01-2009, 11:56 AM
telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5933325/Pet-cat-catches-the-daily-bus-for-four-years.html)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01452/Casper_1452757c.jpg

Casper: He has been making the journey for so long that all First Bus drivers have now been told to look out for him to ensure he gets off at the right stop. Photo: PA

Casper, which is 12 years old, boards the No3 service at 10.55am from outside his home in Plymouth, Devon, and travels the entire 11-mile route before returning home about an hour later.

On the route, the cat passes an historic dockyard and naval base, a city centre, several suburbs and the city's red light district.

He has been making the journey for so long that all First Bus drivers have now been told to look out for him to ensure he gets off at the right stop.

Susan Finden, 65, a care worker who is Casper's owner, said: "Casper has always disappeared for hours at a time but I never understood where he was going.

"I called him Casper because he had a habit of vanishing like a ghost. But then some of the drivers told me he had been catching the bus.

"I couldn't believe it at first, but it explains a lot. He loves people and we have a bus stop right outside our house so that must be how he got started - just following everyone on.

"I used to catch the odd bus too so maybe he saw me and got curious what I was doing.

"Casper is quite quick for his age so he just hops on to the bus before the doors close. He catches the 10.55am service and likes to sit on the back seat."

Rob Stonehouse, one of the drivers on the route, said: "He usually just curls up at the back of the bus. Sometimes he nips between people's legs but he never causes any trouble."

Casper has travelled an estimated 20,000 miles but Mrs Finden says because he is getting old the drivers often have to shuffle him off at the right stop.

A spokeswoman for First Bus said the firm has put a notice up in the office asking them to look after the non-paying passenger.

Sally
09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Two of my feline friends.

I have a secret, though...

One of these cats is not Germanic! :p

http://i28.tinypic.com/r1vn.jpg

lei.talk
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/images/070321-toygers-photos_big.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyger)

the endangered sand cat

Brynhild
11-25-2009, 12:10 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/brynhild64/CatinR2D2.jpg

Absinthe
12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
DPQmzCgb1gI

:D:D:D:D

Vulpix
12-04-2009, 07:09 AM
XAKroNeQhf0
<3

Stefan
12-04-2009, 07:46 AM
My Cat

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3290&d=1259916341
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3291&d=1259916341

I don't think she likes getting her picture taken.

Arrow Cross
12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/260/3/b/Cirmi_by_Sinnadrin.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/260/4/2/Feral_Embrace_by_Sinnadrin.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/260/8/6/The_Way_Is_Shut_by_Sinnadrin.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/260/b/5/The_Matriarch_by_Sinnadrin.jpg

lei.talk
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Asian Leopard Cat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_Cat) - Felis catus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat) F4 hybrid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_(cat))
Ukee and Koru

Äike
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AREri6HyzwA

Grumpy Cat
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/images/070321-toygers-photos_big.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyger)

I want a Toyger

Lars
02-25-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.skipmorrow.com/assets/books/I_still_Hate_Cats/cats_to_dogs-168/cats_to_dogs_dis.jpg

lei.talk
03-23-2010, 06:23 PM
7WzvmgXIksw

Baron Samedi
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
My dopey other cat looks like this. She tends to suck her food these days because she had 8 teeth extracted a couple of years ago after being poisoned.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Black_and_white_cat-crop.JPG/800px-Black_and_white_cat-crop.JPG

She's so pretty!

Arrow Cross
03-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Behold the Master Race.

BHpLWxHLTTc

Radojica
03-25-2010, 09:22 AM
They really are a master race, or even better, they are like dogs in cats world :p :thumb001:

Lithium
03-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I love street cats.. :d

Zankapfel
03-27-2010, 07:26 PM
From the shelter where I volunteer, Blau and Greta. Both adopted these past weekend.

http://imgs.icepic.de/brud.jpg

http://imgs.icepic.de/gretazwei.jpg

http://imgs.icepic.de/weissc3.jpg

This young lady's photo as a baby has been posted here before (:

http://imgs.icepic.de/dsc01709.jpg

Daos
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/102/0/a/Estonia_365_2008_04_11_by_world365.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/136334459/Fluffy_Watcher_II_by_StacyD.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/307/0/2/a_kitten__by_directionsforpest.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/265/e/7/Irish_Coffee_by_Syndal.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/330/f/1/Onyx_by_ladymorgana.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/342/3/1/precious_by_werol.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/97905698/Solar_System_by_iNeedChemicalX.jpg

Falkata
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
0zxp03w8-am

Lulletje Rozewater
04-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I love street cats.. :d

Street cats
http://i44.tinypic.com/2qtlroz.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/11afua8.jpg
Toilet cat
http://i38.tinypic.com/qq8t34.jpg
Attack cat
http://i40.tinypic.com/24vljmc.jpg

Lulletje Rozewater
04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Cat nap

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/3283441/1024/Picture-Box/cat-nap.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/3283441)

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/3283444/640/Picture-Box/cat-thinner.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/3283444)

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/3283447/1024/Picture-Box/cut-back-on-caffeine.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/3283447)

Waterfront cats
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/3283448/640/Picture-Box/waterfront-cats.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/3283448)

Piparskeggr
04-17-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.slide.com/r/hD6DvyAOxD9ClUhvUpVcUMABW9QzpGnQ

Crow and Kitten...

Lulletje Rozewater
04-18-2010, 06:52 AM
http://www.slide.com/r/hD6DvyAO9ClUhvUpVcUMABW9QzpGnQ (http://www.slide.com/r/hD6DvyAOxD9ClUhvUpVcUMABW9QzpGnQ)

Crow and Kitten...

Lulletje Rozewater
04-18-2010, 06:55 AM
0zxp03w8-am
Video not available

Zankapfel
04-24-2010, 04:56 PM
I like cats, and apples. And cats with apples ;]

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/solwm/17171ac2.jpg

DeusEx
04-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Here it go.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4486&d=1272130177

Daos
04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
uOHvZjiDANg
I1qHVVbYG8Y
s13dLaTIHSg
w0ffwDYo00Q
4rb8aOzy9t4
Tuf61OjvoPQ

Austin
04-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I was driving in New mexico once. Hadn't seen another car for like three hours then this truck passes me with a bumper sticker on the back. "I like cats, they taste like chicken"

<3 dogs

Lulletje Rozewater
04-25-2010, 11:20 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h2EzbV4lTjA/SWZSo-BK71I/AAAAAAAACP4/Yy9Rwd1YfMU/s1600/Copy+of+Sylvester+on+barn+gate.JPG

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/sylvester.jpg

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/RDPrasky/funny-cats-a12.jpg

http://www.getonmyspace.com/Images/Funny_Cats_Pictures/images/funny-cat-lookin-at.gif

DeusEx
04-27-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612228465.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612288696.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612348555.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612408268.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612459674.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612514392.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612579481.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612675174.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612737748.jpg
http://www.yaplakal.com/uploads/post-3-12723612795175.jpg

lei.talk
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/15zpcvo.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Kitty)

Äike
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVmGBoPx6Ms&feature=popt00us08

Piparskeggr
05-20-2010, 07:48 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/medhelp_images/user_photos/140196?1274383991

Miss Teia is the kitty we rescued last June when her previous people lost their house to foreclosure. When they adopted her in June 1999, she was an abused, feral kitten. They never, to our knowledge, tried to socialize her. Anita and I were unwilling to accept that.

She let me pick her up and pet her for several minutes when I got home after work today.

Zankapfel
05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
^ that might as well be my favourite photo in the whole thread, and your story makes it all the more endearing. You're both adorable :)

Piparskeggr
05-22-2010, 12:47 PM
You're both adorable :)

Aw shucks :redface_002:

I have to work at it, Teia is a natural. :wink

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1162

Radojica
05-22-2010, 12:58 PM
^ that might as well be my favourite photo in the whole thread, and your story makes it all the more endearing. You're both adorable :)

:grumpy::fhmm:

Aw shucks :redface_002:

I have to work at it, Teia is a natural. :wink

grrr at both of you:rant:!! Zank is mine,shoo, shoo from her!!!:Bondage1::aufsmaul_2:

Lulletje Rozewater
05-23-2010, 06:06 AM
<center>http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/elf-header-1.jpg

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/images/don-sphynx-cat-show.jpg
</center>

The Lawspeaker
05-27-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.icoonscats.com/maine-coon-kittens-1.jpg

http://www.blazerscats.com/maine-coon_kitten.jpg

http://www.smokeycoons.com/images/Img_0818-reduced.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/BlacktabbyMaine_Coon.JPG

Absinthe
05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
mcVlmFSotQg

Absinthe
06-04-2010, 08:10 AM
My boyfriend just took this photo from his balcony :yippee

Lulletje Rozewater
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
World's ugliest cat
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_95iRnsixano/ScjDdhw8KfI/AAAAAAAAB-U/_S50le4VN4w/s400/worlds-ugliest-cat.jpg

The most oversexed cat
http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/mideast-israel-cat-show-2009-9-12-10-40-19.jpg

The most interesting sex kittens

http://www.persiancatsforsale.net/Images/100_0422.jpg

Vulpix
06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
xW_01PIbsdw
v92xuDp1MgY
GgyXKneQkU4

lei.talk
08-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Nepeta cataria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta_cataria) is mostly used as a recreational substance for feline enjoyment. Roughly two out of every three cats will be affected by the plant, whether it is growing in the wild or harvested and dried. Approximately two hours after an exposure, the feline will be sensitive to another dose. The common behaviors that are observed are: rubbing on the plant, rolling on the ground, drooling, or consuming much of the plant. The plant terpenoid nepetalactone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepetalactone) is the main chemical constituent of the essential oil of Nepeta cataria and acts as a feline attractant. This chemical enters the feline's nose, and produces semi-hallucinogenic effects on the cat.

Catnip!

Piparskeggr
08-08-2010, 08:12 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1325

Hildiekatt Halfshadow (on the left) has been helping me rehabilitate Miss Teia Honey (on the right). Yesterday morning, after she explored the master bedroom, Miss Teia decided to eat outside of the safety of "her" room.

Teia hated other cats and didn't really like people when we took her in a year ago June. She and Hildie take all their meals together, though never this close together before.

Lulletje Rozewater
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/slipknotbabe_superfine/Cats/funny-dancing-cats.jpg

Our Mayhem cat

Tyrrhenoi
08-09-2010, 11:51 AM
oG7TedAwzKw

Daos
08-19-2010, 06:28 PM
EKvNqe8cKU4

Piparskeggr
08-19-2010, 11:08 PM
EKvNqe8cKU4

Got my wife hooked on "Simon's Cat." :thumbs

Radojica
08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
My cat sleeping :p

Absinthe
08-20-2010, 05:38 AM
My cat sleeping :p
Looks like she had a little too much rakija :p

blan
08-20-2010, 05:54 AM
i love cats but i wont keep one, the children from the near by mountain side come to my area catch them and eat them,

Tolleson
08-20-2010, 12:49 PM
i love cats but i wont keep one, the children from the near by mountain side come to my area catch them and eat them,

So cats are useful for something. I didn't know. :hungry: :D

Mikey
08-23-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VswBKrPuAQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax4v-ne0yPo&NR=1

http://www.caboodleranch.com/Index.html

Gatillo
08-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I love cats, I have one with me ten years

My imba cat.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5959/fufillo.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3046/tigrev.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/615/fufi.jpg

a few months.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3885/fufifight.jpg

Gatillo
08-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Some photos of my "gatillo".

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2792/imag0007s.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2989/imag0021c.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8195/imag0018m.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7132/imag0019k.jpg

Allenson
08-24-2010, 12:55 PM
We have three cats, so needless to say, I like them as animals & house companions. Unfortunately, there's been a large male stray cat hanging around our house this summer. It's very aggressive and it has attacked two of our cats this summer. I've had to take one of our cats to the veterinarian twice beacuse of injuries suffered in fights with this stray.

So, I finally had to do something. I borrowed a "have-a-heart" trap from my father that he's used on raccoons before wondering if I could trap the cat. To be honest, I never thought I would actually be successful as it seems to be a crafty critter but it's stomach won out over it's common sense and viola! I caught the little bugger. I had thoughts of shooting the thing but once I saw it in the trap, I couldn't do it. So, I put the trap, complete with cat inside, in the back of my truck and drove it a few miles away out to a remote road, deep in the woods and let it go.

So far, it hasn't been back but I almost expect it to.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4922856223_d8cd64ee0d_z.jpg

blan
08-25-2010, 01:05 AM
So cats are useful for something. I didn't know. :hungry: :D

hahaha cats can make good friends if you meet the right one but most are only friends to a select few sometimes only one person, besides they catch rats

Bloodeagle
08-25-2010, 03:56 AM
We have three cats, so needless to say, I like them as animals & house companions. Unfortunately, there's been a large male stray cat hanging around our house this summer. It's very aggressive and it has attacked two of our cats this summer. I've had to take one of our cats to the veterinarian twice beacuse of injuries suffered in fights with this stray.

So, I finally had to do something. I borrowed a "have-a-heart" trap from my father that he's used on raccoons before wondering if I could trap the cat. To be honest, I never thought I would actually be successful as it seems to be a crafty critter but it's stomach won out over it's common sense and viola! I caught the little bugger. I had thoughts of shooting the thing but once I saw it in the trap, I couldn't do it. So, I put the trap, complete with cat inside, in the back of my truck and drove it a few miles away out to a remote road, deep in the woods and let it go.

So far, it hasn't been back but I almost expect it to.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4922856223_d8cd64ee0d_z.jpg
When I was younger my ex-father-in-law talked my ex-wife :D into ditching our awesome rat-catching cat for the simple reason that he did not like cats. :(
When I was at work they drove our cat from South Seattle down to Auburn, Washington, about (20) miles of urban environment, and released the animal to fend for itself.:mad:
2 weeks later the cat was back at our house! :eek:
The cat made them look like a couple of asses! :thumb001:

Mikey
08-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Another Caboodle Ranch pic, a rodent-free zone I would think:D

http://www.caboodleranch.com/Index.html

Mikey
08-27-2010, 06:28 AM

Mikey
08-27-2010, 06:33 AM

Gatillo
08-27-2010, 08:50 PM
and like this cat? there are only 270 copies worldwide, all in the Iberian Peninsula, Spain, Impending extinction, Iberian Lynx.

http://www.animalesextincion.es/images/noticias/1808080146_lince-iberico.jpg

http://www.igooh.com/uc/in/5531.jpg

http://www.elrincondelascuatropatas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/lince-iberico.jpg

http://imagenes.forociudad.com/fotos/83418-pizarro-maternal-espectaculo-del-lince-iberico.jpg

http://www.elrincondelascuatropatas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/cachorros-lince.jpg

Nice one.

http://www.mascotas.org/wp-content/uploads/lince-iberico.jpg

http://www.jamesnava.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/santuario-lince-iberico2.jpg

http://www.oocities.com/rainforest/7673/lince01.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Lince_Ib%C3%A9rico_Do%C3%B1ana.jpg/395px-Lince_Ib%C3%A9rico_Do%C3%B1ana.jpg

http://animais.bicodocorvo.com.br/blog/wp-content/gallery/lince/foto-lince-05.jpg

https://www.ecologistasenaccion.org/local/cache-vignettes/L350xH299/_lince_cabeza-d2f63.jpg

Precaution

http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2006/09/22/1158914124_0.jpg