PDA

View Full Version : "Cosmos" to hit the air once again!!!

Phil75231
08-09-2011, 03:06 AM
From Phil Plait's astronomy blog at Discovermagazine.com (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/08/05/cosmos-will-hit-the-air-once-again/)

This is not the original with Carl Sagan...a new one which will air in (i think but not sure) 2013. Hosting will be Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Ann Druyan, Sagan's widow, is a lot of say in producing the show, so I do have some hope for it despite that it'll air on Fox (read the blog for Plait's explanation, as he says this is not the same as Fox News). Even so, the fact that it'll be on Fox alone makes me a little concerned. Still with Sagan's widow and Tyson (a firm believer in the scientific account of the creation of the universe - obviously) on board, the new Cosmos promises to be worth watching.

Aemma
08-16-2011, 12:00 AM
From Phil Plait's astronomy blog at Discovermagazine.com (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/08/05/cosmos-will-hit-the-air-once-again/)

This is not the original with Carl Sagan...a new one which will air in (i think but not sure) 2013. Hosting will be Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Ann Druyan, Sagan's widow, is a lot of say in producing the show, so I do have some hope for it despite that it'll air on Fox (read the blog for Plait's explanation, as he says this is not the same as Fox News). Even so, the fact that it'll be on Fox alone makes me a little concerned. Still with Sagan's widow and Tyson (a firm believer in the scientific account of the creation of the universe - obviously) on board, the new Cosmos promises to be worth watching.

I hope the new guy has as much panache in saying the word "billions" as Sagan himself did. ;)

Mercury
08-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Wow the new host will be black.

Phil75231
08-16-2011, 03:53 AM
I hope the new guy has as much panache in saying the word "billions" as Sagan himself did. ;)

He definitely has panache, Aemma. He's all over YouTube, dailymotion, and other video sites. A different style, but certainly not ghetto.