PDA

View Full Version : Ethnic members of TA what are your experiences with discrimination/racism?

Trouble
01-10-2020, 11:30 PM
Me I was bullied and called an Arab terrorist. No matter how much I explained I wasn’t Arab people continued to call me that cause I allegedly “looked” middle eastern. American education strikes again.

One time I was at a store and the owner kept eyeing me suspiciously and following me around, seemed to think i was a Arab.

I generally am treated in a hostile manner by all women. One nurse gave me a very evil disgusted look for no reason.

How about you guys?

Adamm
01-10-2020, 11:31 PM
What is your ethnicity?

TheMaestro
01-10-2020, 11:31 PM
People called me subsaharan negroe.

Nurzat
01-10-2020, 11:33 PM
I am often called a Gypsy with the intent to get me offended, because I come from Romania. online for the most, while in real life it happened in Italy on a few occasions, seemingly as a joke (though certainly not). but luckily I've interacted too little with foreigners to really get a taste of it.

TheMaestro
01-10-2020, 11:36 PM
I am often called a Gypsy with the intent to get me offended, because I come from Romania. online for the most, while in real life it happened in Italy on a few occasions, seemingly as a joke (though certainly not)

What was your experience with Italians in general btw? Are they xenophobs? Gypsies really destroyed reputation of imo beautifull country like Romania.

Nurzat
01-10-2020, 11:40 PM
What was your experience with Italians in general btw? Are they xenophobs? Gypsies really destroyed reputation of imo beautifull country like Romania.

overall it's been ok, I've worked with them a lot, then I also visited a lot of it, and of the places I've been to, I liked Italy best. anyway, I am not mad when a native is nasty to a foreigner, even if the foreigner is me - I am nasty to foreigners at home too, and not only to foreigners, even to people from other regions, I mock their accent and subtly joke about how it'd be best that they go back to their region xD

this is what I like about Italians: many of them are still misogynistic and xenophobic

pulstar
01-10-2020, 11:47 PM
I didn't had any

TheMaestro
01-10-2020, 11:52 PM
To be honest I live in a country where both of my ancestry ethnicities are rather disliked for no real reasons. Other than that I learned throughout my life to ignore any shittalks and basically I trolled people back and they didnt expect it. In terms of physicall assault, since I was 13/14 I go head taller than most of the guys, sl it wasnt a problem.

El_Abominacion
01-11-2020, 12:05 AM
Never really faced racism, one time when I was in Spain and much younger a security guard kept following me around the store as if I would steal something, probably cause he thought I was a gypsy (the only non-whites in Santiago DC are gypsies/gitanos really). But that’s it really

Hulu
01-11-2020, 12:11 AM
Brown people problems

Blondie
01-11-2020, 12:13 AM
never happened

Trouble
01-11-2020, 12:23 AM
never happened

what never happened?

Blondie
01-11-2020, 12:31 AM
what never happened?

discrimination/racism against me

LittleBeyond
01-11-2020, 12:32 AM
The only time I felt discriminated is when she told me my cock is too small.

Trouble
01-13-2020, 06:22 AM
bump

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 06:27 AM
In real life, I haven't suffered any sort of racism whatsoever, and light-hearted jokes based on race and so on isn't racism at all(I joke with my friends and vice versa which is nothing serious). The only time I had suffered from racism was from this forum where people often use racial slurs and insults at my ethnicity and nationality for having a different opinions from them which used to be at it's height back in the late 2013 and 2014. Now, it's pretty much went down after that. I got attacked by Carlito's Way for simply denying the fact that belly dancing isn't a Black invention nor that the ancient Egyptians were Blacks either, but he's a well known troll here so he's not to be taken seriously really.

Trouble
01-13-2020, 06:32 AM
In real life, I haven't suffered any sort of racism whatsoever, and light-hearted jokes based on race and so on isn't racism at all(I joke with my friends and vice versa which is nothing serious). The only time I had suffered from racism was from this forum where people often use racial slurs and insults at my ethnicity and nationality for having a different opinions from them which used to be at it's height back in the late 2013 and 2014. Now, it's pretty much went down after that. I got attacked by Carlito's Way for simply denying the fact that belly dancing isn't a Black invention nor that the ancient Egyptians were Blacks either, but he's a well known troll here so he's not to be taken seriously really.

You pretty much look white, so it's another story for you.

As for that guy, yeah he's a crackpot. The guy keeps repeating the same bullshit about mexicans looking like subcontinentals or whatever then attacking me as being dark and ugly when i correct him, even though he claims to love black people/black skin.

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 06:34 AM
You pretty much look white, so it's another story for you.

As for that guy, yeah he's a crackpot. The guy keeps repeating the same bullshit about mexicans looking like subcontinentals or whatever then attacking me as being dark and ugly when i correct him, even though he claims to love black people/black skin.

Well, I was born and raised in the Arabian peninsula my whole life, and I haven't grown up with Whites at all except during my days in the university, so I don't see how my whiteness played a role in this really since my Arabic peers used to make jokes about me by calling me casper(the white ghost cartoon character). Well, he's a hypocrite and a troll, and he looks 100% White/European as well, so don't take him too seriously.

Trouble
01-13-2020, 06:36 AM
Well, I was born and raised in the Arabian peninsula my whole life, and I haven't grown up with Whites at all except during my days in the university, so I don't see how my whiteness played a role in this really since my Arabic peers used to make jokes about me by calling me casper(the white ghost cartoon character). Well, he's a hypocrite and a troll, and he looks 100% White/European as well, so don't take him too seriously.

Oh, nvm then. I thought you'd spent the majority of your life in the west for some reason. You give off the vibe.

lameduck
01-13-2020, 06:37 AM
Yes, bullied by indians

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 06:38 AM
Oh, nvm then. I thought you'd spent the majority of your life in the west for some reason. You give off the vibe.

The only western country I had ever been to was the US, and the people there were friendly at least in Oklahoma. They were shocked and surprised though to learn that I'm an ethnic Arab since they think that they're like Osama bin Laden or something, rofl. They're ignorant but friendly folk regardless.

Trouble
01-13-2020, 06:40 AM
The only western country I had ever been to was the US, and the people there were friendly at least in Oklahoma. They were shocked and surprised though to learn that I'm an ethnic Arab since they think that they're like Osama bin Laden or something, rofl. They're ignorant but friendly folk regardless.

Yup, Americans think you guys look like us.

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 06:43 AM
Yup, Americans think you guys look like us.

And vice versa since I have a Palestinian Arab friend who got called a Paki when he was in the UK.

happycow
01-13-2020, 06:51 AM
I got shit on constantly for being middle eastern. Lol

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 06:52 AM
I got shit on constantly for being middle eastern. Lol

Doesn't remotely surprise me since you look very Iranian which Americans think it's an Arab look and all.

JamesBond007
01-13-2020, 06:55 AM
The ethnic beasts intimidate with all their might but tattoos and dick rings will never make you white !

HelloGuys
01-13-2020, 06:59 AM
Nope; never :)

happycow
01-13-2020, 07:03 AM
Doesn't remotely surprise me since you look very Iranian which Americans think it's an Arab look and all.

It was other ethnics who did most of shit talking. Fun stuff. Lol

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 07:05 AM
It was other ethnics who did most of shit talking. Fun stuff. Lol

Not surprising since White Americans are more tolerant than other American groups.

Kamal900
01-13-2020, 07:06 AM
The ethnic beasts intimidate with all their might but tattoos and dick rings will never make you white !

Coming from a guy who brags about licking girls anuses, now I know why you're so full of shit which makes sense.

Ylla
01-13-2020, 07:55 AM
I've never experienced that

actually the first time I experienced it was on this site :P

Zzzzz
01-13-2020, 08:05 AM
Discrimination is a little bit tough, but I have experienced some negative attitudes towards me in UK, years ago.
Once a white trash boy looked nasty at me and said sth negative, another time a Polish boy told me: You dont look like real Slav like us, you look Turkish.
Actually I didnt feel OK, but now it is just amuzing :coffee:

Kyp
01-13-2020, 09:44 AM
Never happened to me

Nazarene
01-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Never had any explicit experience with racism / discrimination

Halgurd
01-13-2020, 12:34 PM
I've experienced racism from Arabs, esp Iraqi Shia Arabs.

Nassbean
01-13-2020, 12:55 PM
I don't like playing the victim but if you want to know some experiences I'd say most of it is online where cowards feel more secure (you have some examples here lol) and IRL it's mainly implicit. I've been controlled multiple times by police officers and they did what we call here "un contrôle au faciès" which means they will control only maghrebis for example. Of course people saying go back to your country , I remember one day I was with my friends (they were all moroccans) and we played soccer with another team (full of belgians) and we won and idk why but they started to insult us with racist slurs ( we did the same lol), one day I was walking back to my home after a long day at school and a fat old man stopped walking in front of me and looked at me as if I was a new human specie lol and said "moroccan" ...wtf haha. Also most of the time when I'm in some places it's really uncomfortable/awkward because people stare at us as if we were aliens (i don't have this feeling when I'm in places with foreigners), some women also tend to be scared for no reasons and stop walking in the middle of the street and wait for me to pass anyway I think the most explicit experiences happened online.

P.S : I remember one day I made a friend in my neighbourhood and started to have fun with him but when his mother saw me she shouted at him saying don't play with moroccans and after that event he started to raise his middle finger at me lol. Also all my non-moroccan friends saying my mother don't want me to marry a moroccan girl haha

FountainOfSalmacis
01-13-2020, 01:11 PM
I don’t have any experiences with discrimination/racism.

samario
01-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Never.

Richmondbread
01-13-2020, 05:20 PM
There is an attack lately against White Anglo Saxon Protestants.

Matty74
01-13-2020, 05:21 PM
There is an attack lately against White Anglo Saxon Protestants.

Everyone has been attacked here. The Jews especially

Westbrook
01-13-2020, 05:57 PM
Spent most of my youth as a white minority surrounded by black and/or Latinos. It usually wasn't that bad but I heard and saw all kinds of things directed at me for being white over the years. They also seemed to believe the usual stereotypes about white people more often than not...can't dance, can't run, can't ball, can't fight, etc, which really just made me try harder to prove them wrong and made me better at things like that.

Also spent a good amount of time as the token white friend of a bunch of Vietnamese kids, but never really heard or saw anything racist from them. Their immigrant parents were still pretty racist when it came to black folks though.