Kyp
01-12-2020, 08:28 PM
too young

Laag
01-12-2020, 08:30 PM
Alpine

Mr.G
01-13-2020, 01:49 AM
Hey man. You had another classification thread I just responded to, and then it disappeared!

With the picture of you older, I thought you looked Alpine. This pic here, you are a little to young to be sure.

So I'm Hungarian/German as well. My German side is mostly West Germany, my Hungarian side is split between West Hungary, and NE Hungary. Where is your family from regionally within Germany and Hungary? Are you a 50/50 split between Hungarian/German?

macska_usa
01-13-2020, 01:52 AM
Hey man. You had another classification thread I just responded to, and then it disappeared!

With the picture of you older, I thought you looked Alpine. This pic here, you are a little to young to be sure.

So I'm Hungarian/German as well. My German side is mostly West Germany, my Hungarian side is split between West Hungary, and NE Hungary. Where is your family from regionally within Germany and Hungary? Are you a 50/50 split between Hungarian/German?

Yes, I am a 50-50 split too :D Although I’m not entirely certain that there was no ethnic mixing on my Hungarian side as quite a few Gypsies and Romanians live in that region too, I know for a fact that all of my ancestors on my fathers side are from northwestern Germany.

Mr.G
01-13-2020, 01:56 AM
Yes, I am a 50-50 split too :D Although I’m not entirely certain that there was no ethnic mixing on my Hungarian side as quite a few Gypsies and Romanians live in that region too, I know for a fact that all of my ancestors on my fathers side are from northwestern Germany.

Oh cool, we are probably quite similar genetically. I'm an American, my German family immigrated here in the mid-19th century, my Hungarian side came in the early 20th century.

Look forward to getting to know you on here, and I am happy to share my dna test results, family photos, family story's, talk about Germany, Hungary, whatever.

macska_usa
01-13-2020, 01:58 AM
Looking forward to it :D and am willing to do the same! What would you consider your own phenotype though ? I’m guessing that you’re Nordid+alpinid (which I think would be sub-Nordid, correct me if I’m wrong) given German and Hungarian ancestry :-)

macska_usa
01-13-2020, 02:04 AM
Looking forward to it :D and am willing to do the same! What would you consider your own phenotype though ? I知 guessing that you池e Nordid+alpinid (which I think would be sub-Nordid, correct me if I知 wrong) given German and Hungarian ancestry :-)

Oh cool, we are probably quite similar genetically. I'm an American, my German family immigrated here in the mid-19th century, my Hungarian side came in the early 20th century.

Look forward to getting to know you on here, and I am happy to share my dna test results, family photos, family story's, talk about Germany, Hungary, whatever.

Looking forward to it and am willing to do the same! What would you consider your own phenotype though ? I知 guessing that you池e Nordid+alpinid (which I think would be sub-Nordid, correct me if I知 wrong) given German and Hungarian ancestry :-)

Edit: Forgot to quote you, sorry I知 such a newbie.

Mr.G
01-13-2020, 02:05 AM
Looking forward to it :D and am willing to do the same! What would you consider your own phenotype though ? I’m guessing that you’re Nordid+alpinid (which I think would be sub-Nordid, correct me if I’m wrong) given German and Hungarian ancestry :-)

My mom (German) is Borreby/Alpine range, but Nordid types/influence is in that side of the family too. There is a some British mixed in her side as well, but mostly German.

My dad (Hungarian) was Dinarid + Alfoldi according to most of TA.

Mr.G
01-13-2020, 02:11 AM
And here's me in my Avatar. Some blend of Borreby/Alpine/Dinaric elements imo. My classifications here ranged from Alpine to Neo-Danubian, and in fairness to the classifiers, different angles bring out some different features/aspects of my face, so I'm tough to classify.

macska_usa
01-13-2020, 02:11 AM
My mom (German) is Borreby/Alpine range, but Nordid types/influence is in that side of the family too. There is a some British mixed in her side as well, but mostly German.

My dad (Hungarian) was Dinarid + Alfoldi according to most of TA.

What would you call yourself then :D ? Never mind I see the post :-)

macska_usa
01-13-2020, 02:14 AM
And here's me in my Avatar. Some blend of Borreby/Alpine/Dinaric elements. My classifications here ranged from Alpine to Neo-Danubian, and in fairness to the classifiers, different angles bring out some different features/aspects of my face, so I'm tough to classify.

You look mixed to me too, but with a stronger Eastern European influence.

macska_usa
01-13-2020, 02:41 AM
You look mixed to me too, but with a stronger Eastern European influence.

Could you help me? I am unsure about my eye color because some people say green and some say blue; What would you call this color ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qTwfPJJYAcytkZ6aY_dGE0ua2NBX3icr/view?usp=drivesdk

Sekkmer
01-13-2020, 08:05 AM
Could you help me? I am unsure about my eye color because some people say green and some say blue; What would you call this color ?

Well, your eye color is probably medium/dark gray with a small greenish tint.

Samnium
01-13-2020, 09:46 AM

People shouldn't be classified based upon their ancestry.

Blondie
01-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Alpinid, can you speak hungarian?