PDA

View Full Version : With an IQ of 84/85 are you stupid and dumb?

Mortimer
01-24-2020, 03:15 AM
I scored 84 or 85 not sure anymore. There were several tests included like memory, and different tasks and knowledge. I did nothing really good. At a few I was average and a many I was below average. So I was nowhere above average or really good. I scored 84 IQ points. Does that mean Im dumb? Or not functional? Does that mean I cannot achieve academic work? Or I can if I work hard enough?

Trouble
01-24-2020, 03:18 AM
IQ is a meaningless standard. There are people who are much lower IQ than me living happy successful and fulfilled lives. Real functionality is not 1:1 with IQ.

Morena
01-24-2020, 03:19 AM
No, it just means that you are a low normal by the standards of an IQ test.

Cristiano viejo
01-24-2020, 03:21 AM
No, it just means that you are a low normal by the standards of an IQ test.

aka you are almost retard.

Mortimer
01-24-2020, 03:21 AM
aka you are almost retard.

The chart said 83 is a learning difficulty so Im really amost disabled in intelligence.

Trouble
01-24-2020, 03:23 AM
When I got it tested a few years back it was like 120 or something. Now its probably 105 or lower due to atrophy and drugs.

InfamousAngel99
01-28-2020, 07:16 PM
Did you take an official test, or one online? I've taken some online just for the laughs, and I usually get around 160. I'm nowhere near that level. When I took the official test a few years ago, I got 129.

Either way, your IQ does not reflect how "dumb" you are. For example, someone can be very book smart but have a low IQ. IQ tests mainly test your ability to reason and problem solve, among other things.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mortimer
01-29-2020, 12:36 AM
Did you take an official test, or one online? I've taken some online just for the laughs, and I usually get around 160. I'm nowhere near that level. When I took the official test a few years ago, I got 129.

Either way, your IQ does not reflect how "dumb" you are. For example, someone can be very book smart but have a low IQ. IQ tests mainly test your ability to reason and problem solve, among other things.

official

Erronkari
01-29-2020, 12:38 AM
All I know is I am fully retarded.
Now talking seriously the IQ test is for some specifical areas so it doesn't necessary imply that you are a clever person or not.
Or at least not as a whole.

luc2112
01-29-2020, 12:53 AM
It is not retarded, it takes more time to learn difficult things

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 12:59 AM
I scored 84 or 85 not sure anymore. There were several tests included like memory, and different tasks and knowledge. I did nothing really good. At a few I was average and a many I was below average. So I was nowhere above average or really good. I scored 84 IQ points. Does that mean Im dumb? Or not functional? Does that mean I cannot achieve academic work? Or I can if I work hard enough?
Well, IQ is controversial, but for the sake of argument if we are going to take it seriously, hypothetically :

IQ 80-85 Below average
Above the threshold for normal independent functioning. Can perform explicit routinized hands-on tasks without supervision as long as there are no moments of choice and it is always clear what has to be done. Assembler, food service.

This is also the I.Q. range most associated with violence. This is around the average range of American blacks.Most violent crime is committed by males from this range. This does not imply that all males in this range are violent, nor that all violent males are in this range. But when the modal I.Q. of a group is in this range, one may expect trouble with with many male members of that group. When the modal I.Q. of a society or population is raised upward of this range, violence decreases as fewer males fall in this range then, given the shape of an even remotely normal distribution. When the modal I.Q. of a society is below this range to begin with though, raising it may increase violence. The causal mechanism behind the (statistical) relation between crime and below-average I.Q. is likely that lower I.Q. levels inherently tend to go with having less impulse control, being less able to delay gratification, being less able to comprehend moral principles like the Golden Rule, and being overstrained by the cognitive demands of society.

My IQ is around 125 and 115 is needed for college work at a minimum. IQ of about 125 and above is the range someone can essentially train themselves to do just about anything e.g. computer programming and few occupations are beyond my reach.

120-129 — Above average
Capable of gathering and inferring own information. Master degrees. Attorney, chemist, executive. About 93 % of high-range test candidates score I.Q. 120 or higher.

Mortimer
01-29-2020, 01:14 AM
Well, IQ is controversial, but for the sake of argument if we are going to take it seriously, hypothetically :

IQ 80-85 Below average
Above the threshold for normal independent functioning. Can perform explicit routinized hands-on tasks without supervision as long as there are no moments of choice and it is always clear what has to be done. Assembler, food service.

This is also the I.Q. range most associated with violence. This is around the average range of American blacks.Most violent crime is committed by males from this range. This does not imply that all males in this range are violent, nor that all violent males are in this range. But when the modal I.Q. of a group is in this range, one may expect trouble with with many male members of that group. When the modal I.Q. of a society or population is raised upward of this range, violence decreases as fewer males fall in this range then, given the shape of an even remotely normal distribution. When the modal I.Q. of a society is below this range to begin with though, raising it may increase violence. The causal mechanism behind the (statistical) relation between crime and below-average I.Q. is likely that lower I.Q. levels inherently tend to go with having less impulse control, being less able to delay gratification, being less able to comprehend moral principles like the Golden Rule, and being overstrained by the cognitive demands of society.

Probably thats why they said I cannot have the surgery because Im not able to comprehend it like you say.

Lioncourt
01-29-2020, 01:26 AM
I don't understand why an IQ test is required for a surgery, and what does it mean "to comprehend it". Unless you were going to perform it yourself, what did you need to comprehend about it? Are people with below average IQ denied of having a surgical intervention? I think someone has fooled you, my friend.

Mortimer
01-29-2020, 01:28 AM
I don't understand why an IQ test is required for a surgery, and what does it mean "to comprehend it". Unless you were going to perform it yourself, what did you need to comprehend about it? Are people with below average IQ denied of having a surgical intervention? I think someone has fooled you, my friend.

It was for losing weight, and james just said people with a low cannot comprehend moral principles nor delay gratification. Bascially they said this same in my document.

Oghuz
01-29-2020, 01:29 AM
IQ can be enhanced with professional training.

Also take professional tests not internet ones.

85 is very low.

Mortimer
01-29-2020, 01:35 AM
IQ can be enhanced with professional training.

Also take professional tests not internet ones.

85 is very low.

It was a test here in austria with psychologists, a few females. It was not a internet test.

luc2112
01-29-2020, 01:52 AM
My IQ is around 125 and 115 is needed for college work at a minimum. IQ of about 125 and above is the range someone can essentially train themselves to do just about anything e.g. computer programming and few occupations are beyond my reach.

120-129 — Above average
Capable of gathering and inferring own information. Master degrees. Attorney, chemist, executive. About 93 % of high-range test candidates score I.Q. 120 or higher.

My IQ is 115-120, I do programming microcontroller and currently MSC in electrical engineering (had experience in projects). had students faster to learn and more productive, but lacked intellectual maturity.

if a person has a < 90 IQ engineering college it’s not for you.

Daos777
01-29-2020, 02:09 AM
It’s okay to be dumb. Means you’re playing life on hard mode hahaha. Add in a couple of mental disorders and you’re on expert mode. So the more years you survive the more xp you gain so hopefully the xp points are redeemable in the next life who knows if not life is meaningless anyways and you can still have a lot of fun being a total tard. You can still smoke weed, stretch vag, and like go hiking and stuff.

Oghuz
01-29-2020, 02:16 AM
It was a test here in austria with psychologists, a few females. It was not a internet test.

ask them if they have a cognitive program to enhance IQ.

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 02:22 AM
ask them if they have a cognitive program to enhance IQ.

He is on antipsychotics they shrink your brain.

Matty74
01-29-2020, 03:04 AM
The chart said 83 is a learning difficulty so Im really amost disabled in intelligence.

Free money. Europeans and their nanny states. Get paid Mort

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:07 AM
IQ is a meaningless standard. There are people who are much lower IQ than me living happy successful and fulfilled lives. Real functionality is not 1:1 with IQ.

wrong, IQ correlates to all the brain's ability to solve puzzles, from social cues to life problems, people with lower IQs can even lack some common sense skills like simple action and consequence lines of thought.

Zuh
01-29-2020, 03:07 AM
Are you telling me a mexican mestizo such as myself has a higher IQ 116 than yours Morty?

What's going on with you ?

Mortimer
01-29-2020, 03:09 AM
Are you telling me a mexican mestizo such as myself has a higher IQ 116 than yours Morty?

Im nothing better then a mestizo, Im nothing better then a african american or negroe from africa. I belong to a group of bottom feeders, the biggest bottom feeders.

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:12 AM

IQ 80-85 Below average

120-129 — Above average

what about 130-139? I know 140 is considered the 'genius level' by most scholars, but what kind of jobs are listed in the 130s?

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:13 AM

that's like 20-30 points above average for a mestizo, you should be proud

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 03:13 AM
According to the notion of Intelligence measured by IQ tests,yes i think you are dumb or maybe
better to say your intelligence is below the average.

Where is exactly the average for IQ is it 100+% ?
Does someone know?

However i do not believe your IQ is that low

Trouble
01-29-2020, 03:15 AM
wrong, IQ correlates to all the brain's ability to solve puzzles, from social cues to life problems, people with lower IQs can even lack some common sense skills like simple action and consequence lines of thought.

No, I've met some DUMB people who run circles around me socially but cannot understand simple math.

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:15 AM
According to the notion of Intelligence measured by IQ tests,yes i think you are dumb or maybe
better to say your intelligence is below the average.

Where is exactly the average for IQ is it 100+% ?
Does someone know?

However i do not believe your IQ is that low

depends on country or ethnicity, classically 100 is considered the average (for whites) although 85 is about average for African Americans, Albanians, and mestizos, 115 is average for Ashkenazis, and 105 for north east Asians

luc2112
01-29-2020, 03:17 AM
Im nothing better then a mestizo, Im nothing better then a african american or negroe from africa. I belong to a group of bottom feeders, the biggest bottom feeders.

Native american IQ 87. Blacks besides low IQ don't like to follow rules, some end up in prison.

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:17 AM
No, I've met some DUMB people who run circles around me socially but cannot understand simple math.

well some people are better at certain things than others. I'd say average to above average IQ is a good range for being socially intelligent but 120+ you start to get into the 'too intelligent to not be a little socially awkward zone'

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 03:19 AM

You are already more intelligent then many people in that regard^

luc2112
01-29-2020, 03:26 AM

Are you sure? sometimes they don't want to or are lazy

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 03:32 AM
what about 130-139? I know 140 is considered the 'genius level' by most scholars, but what kind of jobs are listed in the 130s?

-130-139 — "Gifted"
May just be able to write a legible piece of text like an article or modest novel. Minor literary figures. Ph.D. in the "soft" sciences. In this range lies the mode of scores on high-range tests, and almost 80 % of high-range candidates score I.Q. 130 or higher. Regular psychology's I.Q. tests should not be trusted beyond this range as their validity breaks down here, if such scores are given at all.

https://paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 03:34 AM
-130-139 — "Gifted"
May just be able to write a legible piece of text like an article or modest novel. Minor literary figures. Ph.D. in the "soft" sciences. In this range lies the mode of scores on high-range tests, and almost 80 % of high-range candidates score I.Q. 130 or higher. Regular psychology's I.Q. tests should not be trusted beyond this range as their validity breaks down here, if such scores are given at all.

https://paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html

I didn't knew you have to have IQ that high to write a novel

By the way what is the highest IQ one could theoritcally score?

Is there any person who scored IQ 200?

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:43 AM

I know Einstein was 160

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 03:44 AM
I know Einstein was 160

Isn't Bill Gates 180 or something?

What was Steven Hawkin?

Zuh
01-29-2020, 03:44 AM
depends on country or ethnicity, classically 100 is considered the average (for whites) although 85 is about average for African Americans, Albanians, and mestizos, 115 is average for Ashkenazis, and 105 for north east Asians

that's like 20-30 points above average for a mestizo, you should be proud

Thanks I kinda knew as someome who runs a business (dropshipping online store) I knew working for someone and a normal 9-5 job wasn't for me society and school teaches you to be an employee and not an employeer !

luc2112
01-29-2020, 03:50 AM
I know Einstein was 160

Stipulated, I think I never took the test

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 03:50 AM

Almost anyone can write a novel but that does not mean it is going to be a well designed highly legible good piece of literature that can compete in the publishing industry. IQ scores begin to breakdown in validity after about 139.

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:52 AM

What was Steven Hawkin?

probably the later

Matty74
01-29-2020, 03:52 AM
I scored 135 in 8th grade as part of an assessment

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:53 AM
Stipulated, I think I never took the test

true

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 03:54 AM
I scored 135 in 8th grade as part of an assessment

about the same as me, I think I was 136

luc2112
01-29-2020, 03:54 AM
It seems to me that these people who write about IQ, don't have a good IQ. High IQ doesn't make you creative and efficient (knowing how to use the IQ you have).

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 04:02 AM
about the same as me, I think I was 136

Everyone claims to have a high IQ on the internet. This is a bit of hyperbole but is basically true.

Zuh
01-29-2020, 04:08 AM

Everyone claims to have a high IQ on the internet. This is a bit of hyperbole but is basically true.

I think intelligence and matureness plays a key on your age the environment you grew up etc I remembered being a school trouble maker and had difficulties at learning things in my early years of High school had a psychologist and they did an IQ test and scored 80 and my last year of College was 116.

Sarmatian
01-29-2020, 04:35 AM

Why is it then US army won't accept new recruits if their IQ is below 85 as such individuals considered intellectually incapable to be trained for even basic operations?

Matty74
01-29-2020, 05:01 AM
I think intelligence and matureness plays a key on your age the environment you grew up etc I remembered being a school trouble maker and had difficulties at learning things in my early years of High school had a psychologist and they did an IQ test and scored 80 and my last year of College was 116.

That's why I was tested in 8th grade. I was a very surly, moody 13-14 year old

Matty74
01-29-2020, 05:02 AM
Why is it then US army won't accept new recruits if their IQ is below 85 as such individuals considered intellectually incapable to be trained for even basic operations?

Would you trust someone with an 80 IQ to read a compass or prepare a firing solution?

Sarmatian
01-29-2020, 05:17 AM
Would you trust someone with an 80 IQ to read a compass or prepare a firing solution?

Hell no. I'm not an expert on the matter but I've seen J. Peterson explaining how he was trying to train a guy with IQ 80 for a postal job. The job was to fold A4 sheets to fit into envelopes and staple receipts on them. Taken him a week or so to learn it. The worst part was as soon as receipt was misaligned so a corner of it was sticking out it became impossible for the guy to figure out how to fit the whole thing into envelope. The level of dysfunction is unimaginable to normal people. I tend to believe military have done all the research necessary to weed out such dysfunction since lives depends on it.

Trouble
01-29-2020, 05:29 AM
Hell no. I'm not an expert on the matter but I've seen J. Peterson explaining how he was trying to train a guy with IQ 80 for a postal job. The job was to fold A4 sheets to fit into envelopes and staple receipts on them. Taken him a week or so to learn it. The worst part was as soon as receipt was misaligned so a corner of it was sticking out it became impossible for the guy to figure out how to fit the whole thing into envelope. The level of dysfunction is unimaginable to normal people. I tend to believe military have done all the research necessary to weed out such dysfunction since lives depends on it.

god damn. That's insane. I feel I have a somewhat relatable, although not as severe degree of dysfunction.

I also don't buy the idea that SSAs are actually 70 or below IQ. They are nothing like the guy described.

coolfrenchguy
01-29-2020, 08:40 AM

yeah we have a lot of the medal phield of the dumberness winners here on AP and on quora like : "scandinavia is not in europe" ,and other meme spreaders triply bulbuous attrophied to the third generations,it's very worrying so much dumberness,does it congenital to this point?
for genuinely retarted people like trisomics i could understand but for normal people ?

Ljubic
01-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Well, Mortimers english skills are beyond average for someone living in Austria/Germany so i guess he has that going for him.

Lioncourt
01-29-2020, 10:30 AM
I know Einstein was 160

What was Steven Hawkin?

Einstein was never tested while Gates and Hawking have never made their results public. Frankly, nobody cares about their IQ, we know they are geniuses even without a test.

Lousianaboy
01-29-2020, 01:25 PM
curiously my iq is 109 however I got 2 classmates with a iq of 87 and they are the guys with best notes and they have had girlfriends, they are better in algebra than me I dont know what can explain their best algebra skills

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 01:41 PM
curiously my iq is 109 however I got 2 classmates with a iq of 87 and they are the guys with best notes and they have had girlfriends, they are better in algebra than me I dont know what can explain their best algebra skills

Maybe they are only good at Algebra and suck at Geometry and Logic

Otherwise i don't know lol

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 02:28 PM

The difference between cleverness and wisdom is usually shown with age

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 02:29 PM

Even a parrot can say equations if trained properly

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 02:31 PM
Even a parrot can say equations if trained properly

Algebra is not about repeating equations but working with them

luc2112
01-29-2020, 02:42 PM

you may not be organized and disciplined, I see no other explanation.

BTW: I never cared about notes

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 04:45 PM

I know but what I’m saying is someone of low intelligence can be a master of one

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 05:01 PM
I know but what I’m saying is someone of low intelligence can be a master of one

IQ is a flawed concept. As you might remember I argued against it and said it was scientifically outdated in the 'Jewish high IQ' thread. One of the flaws with IQ such as the standard ones that are more likely to be given like the WAIS , rather than the Raven's Progressive Matrices, is that one can have a very high visuo-spatial math IQ and substantially lower verbal IQ and hence someone can be better at algebra than another person with a 'higher IQ'.

Adamastor
01-29-2020, 05:42 PM
Most people commenting on this thread are very likely low IQ as anyone can see based on their writing styles. Low verbal and writing capacity is also a proof of lower intelligence.

luc2112
01-29-2020, 06:05 PM

It is rare to happen

luc2112
01-29-2020, 06:09 PM
I also don't buy the idea that SSAs are actually 70 or below IQ. They are nothing like the guy described.

The IQ average is really 70 (measured in several African countries). Some blacks are above this average

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 06:17 PM
Most people commenting on this thread are very likely low IQ as anyone can see based on their writing styles. Low verbal and writing capacity is also a proof of lower intelligence.

I think that depends on certain states of affairs; For instance, I don't think smartphones are as conducive to good writing style compared to Personal Computers and Laptops. I think my posting skills and writing style is significantly better on the latter two devices than on the former device(s). I think people on smartphones are more used to writing simple one liners or two liner text messages with acronyms etc.. it makes them lazy.

Joso
01-29-2020, 06:38 PM
No, IQ is measure mostly for a modern human type of inteligence but this one, almost certainly, is not the only type that exists.
At the end, IQ alone doesn't mean much.

TheMaestro
01-29-2020, 06:40 PM
Nice Morti

Joso
01-29-2020, 06:46 PM

Definitely not true, actually, some people have an inteligence that is more visual and such cases often tend to have some problems with language when it comes to the expression of what they really thought because of some uncommon neurological factors such as autism.
Many autists are extremely successfull in their area of expertise, which most of the time is not related with verbal stuff, unless they are some sort of Asperger.
Many persons in the internet are actually much smarter that they seen to be, verbal/gramatical defficience and behaviour doesn't say much about an individual's true inteligence, as strange as it may sound.

PaleoEuropean
01-29-2020, 06:51 PM

Look at prisons, those dudes are very smart but probably have very low I.Q's

Adamastor
01-29-2020, 06:55 PM
I think that depends on certain states of affairs; For instance, I don't think smartphones are as conducive to good writing style compared to Personal Computers and Laptops. I think my posting skills and writing style is significantly better on the latter two devices than on the former device(s). I think people on smartphones are more used to writing simple one liners or two liner text messages with acronyms etc.. it makes them lazy.

I was not talking about you.

Joso
01-29-2020, 06:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGGqsQs2LI

luc2112
01-29-2020, 07:53 PM
Definitely not true, actually, some people have an inteligence that is more visual and such cases often tend to have some problems with language when it comes to the expression of what they really thought because of some uncommon neurological factors such as autism.
Many autists are extremely successfull in their area of expertise, which most of the time is not related with verbal stuff, unless they are some sort of Asperger.
Many persons in the internet are actually much smarter that they seen to be, verbal/gramatical defficience and behaviour doesn't say much about an individual's true inteligence, as strange as it may sound.

I really met an Engineer with a light Asperger, he was very intelligent as a person, regardless of professional achievements

Annihilus
01-29-2020, 08:18 PM
You need people below 100 to have people above 100.

TheOldNorth
01-29-2020, 08:20 PM
No, IQ is measure mostly for a modern human type of inteligence but this one, almost certainly, is not the only type that exists.
At the end, IQ alone doesn't mean much.

I’ll agree that it doesn’t mean everything but there is a strong provable genetic correlation to IQ as well as salary and life success correlations

mitalit
01-29-2020, 08:31 PM
From what I see I don't think you're stupid, don't worry those tests are not 100% reliable

luc2112
01-29-2020, 08:37 PM
I’ll agree that it doesn’t mean everything but there is a strong provable genetic correlation to IQ as well as salary and life success correlations

There is no relationship, however will hardly be a poor person.

Aldaris
01-29-2020, 08:48 PM

Most of algebra is not about working with equations elementary school style, since, like, five hundred years ago, so I don't really follow that guy's point either. From reading a modern mathematical paper, an amateur wouldn't be able to tell the difference between even the most distant subfields anymore, due to centuries of concept exchange between them.

Tauromachos
01-29-2020, 08:53 PM

Mortimer is one of the smartest persons on this site i believe

luc2112
01-29-2020, 09:46 PM
Mortimer is one of the smartest persons on this site i believe

not is egocentric, it's a big advantage...

Westbrook
01-29-2020, 10:07 PM
Do you feel like this is you being functional

JamesBond007
01-29-2020, 10:19 PM
Most of algebra is not about working with equations elementary school style, since, like, five hundred years ago, so I don't really follow that guy's point either. From reading a modern mathematical paper, an amateur wouldn't be able to tell the difference between even the most distant subfields anymore, due to centuries of concept exchange between them.

What ? I thought he was talking about highschool level maths. Highschool students are not mathematicians. Most amateurs cannot even read a mathematical research paper because schools do not teach mathematics in the way mathematicians approach the subject. Please see "A Mathematician's Lament" by Paul Lockhart.

Sarmatian
01-30-2020, 03:31 AM

Tell you a secret - there is no one single universal parameter to measure intelligence. If lets say you vastly outperform me in verbal and written communication but I can trash you in areas like topology or quantum thermodynamics how can we establish who is more intelligent?