PDA

View Full Version : Explain your religious ways

Boudica
08-11-2011, 05:16 AM
This will be interesting. Post what religion you worship, and give reasons why. Explain why you have such faith in your religion, why you believe it to be true, and why you think that others should follow your religion.

BE NICE. I understand that religion is a controversial topic, but I'd really like to keep the thread clean, folks. A CLEAN debate is fine, but if it turns into insults GTFO :). So if you feel the need to bicker/troll/insult PLEASE, PLEASE do it through PM, or perhaps not at all. Even though you may have different views then others you still need to respect other people's views and treat them as you wish to be treated.

SwordoftheVistula
08-11-2011, 05:19 AM
None. Nobody should mess around with that stuff, it's dumb.

BeerBaron
08-11-2011, 05:24 AM
None, though I could care less if people believe fuzzy pinks rocks are god, so long as I don't have to hear about it.

Óttar
08-11-2011, 05:26 AM
We already have a thread like that. "What Religion Do You Follow?" or something, too lazy to find it and put the link in... The Search function sucks.

*sigh*

Here it is, http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4070&page=44

Boudica
08-11-2011, 05:35 AM
We already have a thread like that. "What Religion Do You Follow?" or something, too lazy to find it and put the link in... The Search function sucks.

*sigh*

Here it is, http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4070&page=44

Ok, but this thread is more of a thread asking for people to explain why they have such faith in their religion, and why they think it's the right way, etc.

SwordoftheVistula
08-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Ok, but this thread is more of a thread asking for people to explain why they have such faith in their religion, and why they think it's the right way, etc.

If I get a bunch of other people to believe in fuzzy pink rocks, then they give me lots of money, and I can do meth and fuck little boys all day

Boudica
08-11-2011, 05:43 AM
If I get a bunch of other people to believe in fuzzy pink rocks, then they give me lots of money, and I can do meth and fuck little boys all day

http://wesleying.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/I-should-Google-Image-WTF-more-often.1.png

LOL what is the deal with this talk of fuzzy pink rocks? I don't understand, lol. That sounds like a very fucking sinister day :(

Neanderthal
08-11-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm Nihilistic. I don't belive in anything that can't be physically proved, from religious dogmas to scientific rants. Can you explain how the universe was created with a mathematical equation? Get the fuck out of here. Same goes for evolution and all other scientific ' truths ' Theres still a lot of gaps in the history of mankind that can't be proved yet, like the so called evolution, when we were all apes and then Negroes, and then Whites, now that makes a lot of fucking sense. Same goes for religion, Noa Arck? Virgin Mary? Come on.

Frederick
08-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Boad:
Atheist Troll scum will mess up this.

Atheists are the least worthy creatures of the planet. They arent even human beeings and one should all collect them in killing camps and gas them.

SwordoftheVistula
08-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Boad:

Atheists are the least worthy creatures of the planet. They arent even human beeings and one should all collect them in killing camps and gas them.

Go ahead and summon your imaginary fairies to do that

Frederick
08-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Go ahead and summon your imaginary fairies to do that

read the bible scum bag!
god uses his mortal servants swords to cut people like you into pieces!

What did your mother eat that such a shit like you came out of her ass?

Boudica
08-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Boad:

Wow. Ok, so I definitely think that this is what I was trying to AVOID. Can some people just not help themselves? :mad: Act your race instead of acting like some sort of darkened mongrel with uncontrollable typing fingers. PLEASE. AND PLEASE take your outbursts elsewhere.

BeerBaron
08-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Boad:

How very christian of you:thumb001:

Frederick
08-11-2011, 05:54 AM
I read an article about religion and rage.
Psychologicans claim, nothing forces a human faster into rage than anything else.

People get faster into rage if you attack their faith, than if you kill a relative.

Frederick
08-11-2011, 05:56 AM
How very christian of you:thumb001:

I am christian masterrace and he is atheists subhuman scum.
He can be killed without god calling this sin.

BeerBaron
08-11-2011, 05:59 AM

:icon_ask:are you the first German to make such a claim?

Zankapfel
08-11-2011, 06:02 AM
I think I'm going to do away with this thread, much to my own dismay.

I was about to go run for some popcorn xD

Boudica
08-11-2011, 06:03 AM

:bored0: Wow, page 2 and there is already a person threatening some one else with death from some atheist holocaust or something.. I think that you should read your own Bible, bud.. Because I went to Catholic school growing up (although I am not Catholic so you may as well kill me too, but I must wish you good luck) and I'm pretty fucking sure that one of the first things that they teach you are the ten commandments, one of them being "Thou shalt not kill". You say "I am christian masterrace", that is interesting, however are you also your god? Have you put in the Bible that it is okay to kill people because they are atheists?

Iloko
10-23-2018, 02:29 AM
My views strongly align with Cartesian-based philosophies and with the theory of Idealism as proposed by the great Irish philosopher George Berkeley; these philosophies are actually very consistent with modern interpretations of quantum mechanics. I agree with many of the core tenets/beliefs found in Buddhism and the various Eastern religions regarding "awakening from the dream" where the "I" which does the perceiving is the seat of the Godhead who sees all in a dream/illusion. It's all about the journey one goes through in life to become who they've always thought they were meant to be, and through meditative prayer and divine intervention so to speak may acquire it...in my case this aligns with the doctrines of 'Solipsism' and 'Subjective Idealism' as often found in Descartes/Cartesian/Berkeley-based philosophical writings, with some Hedonism principles mixed in.

Classical Physics is essentially materialistic in nature in how it explains the world through scientific means.."Materialism/Naive-Realism" is what this doctrine is known as; Einstein was a materialist/realist for example--This is the science and worldview most kids are taught at in school these days about the fundamental workings of nature and its physical laws; there would need to be a paradigm shift to change that I would think. The opposing doctrine is expressed more as "Mind creates matter"(Idealism/Solipsism) rather than the other way around; this is where Berkeley/Descartes/Buddhism and Quantum Mechanics arrive at the scene...Quantum physics says that a world "out there" only exists when a mind is there to perceive it--this has been proven through countless scientific experiments time and time again. It's known as the "Copenhagen Interpretation" of Quantum Mechanics as proposed by Niels Bohr; many even see it as more of a religion or metaphysical hocus pocus rather than an actual science lol. There are other theories related to this such as the "Many Worlds" one which is very interesting indeed, often making good sense for sci-fi movie plots lol.

Teutone
10-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Jesus is god, life is a test, after death you either go to paradise or hell.

Aodhan
10-23-2018, 04:33 PM
i worship cold beer

Regnera
10-24-2018, 03:04 AM
I'm agnostic