PDA

View Full Version : FTDNA update

Kaspias
01-31-2020, 05:56 AM
Today i received this mail:

Dear Group Project Administrators,

We want to inform you of the recent updates we've made to the Family Finder myOrigins feature. The details are below.

Sincerely,
FamilyTreeDNA

myOrigins Makeover

We’ve updated the look of the myOrigins map. We hope you like it as much as we do! We’ve also added beautiful photographs to the myOrigin Population Cluster descriptions.

Earliest Known Ancestors
Your Shared Origins matches’ Earliest Known Ancestor pins now populate automatically on the myOrigins map.

Improved Functionality
We've also improved search and filter capability in your Shared Origins list. You can now filter your matches by relationship level, common ancestral surnames, X-matching, and maternal and/or paternal relationship.

Future Updates Coming
We are not just changing the look of myOrigins, soon we will be launching updates to the reference populations used to get those results! Additional reference populations will improve the precision of your myOrigins estimates. We'll share more details closer to the launch of this exciting update.

Hopefully, we will able to see it before we die

Bosniensis
01-31-2020, 06:19 AM
I've just checked myorigins, they have changed colors a bit.

Ljubic
01-31-2020, 07:18 AM
I havent checked FTDNA for a while but the MyOrigins tab seems to have updated its interface. Nothing else really.

vbnetkhio
01-31-2020, 07:23 AM
Future Updates Coming
We are not just changing the look of myOrigins, soon we will be launching updates to the reference populations used to get those results! Additional reference populations will improve the precision of your myOrigins estimates. We'll share more details closer to the launch of this exciting update.

Hopefully, we will able to see it before we die

they finaly realized Sardinians aren't in the same cluster as Balkanians? :eek:

Bosniensis
01-31-2020, 07:55 AM
they finaly realized Sardinians aren't in the same cluster as Balkanians? :eek:

Our I2a1 bros!

They don't have I2a1 anywhere else in such a large numbers like on western balkans.

OUR COUSINS AND BROTHERS AND SISTERS!