PDA

View Full Version : Feeling completely lost and confused

Trouble
02-01-2020, 08:52 AM
These days it’s incredibly difficult to enjoy anything because in the back of my mind I know there is something I should probably be doing. It might be seeking further education, it might be researching career opportunities, or deciding to start a new fitness plan. I can easily do the last but stress from the first two keeps me from accomplishing it. I eat to ease the stress from the rest of my life.

I don’t know where to go from here I’m done with college but have zero plans from here on out. I think I’ve just made too many mistakes in the past and if I had known better I would’ve taken a different course of action. I guess I’m afraid to think about the future because I have an idea of what it holds for me, and it’s not good. I have a feeling I may end up living in a cheap apartment with drug addicts because I’m so poor and pathetic that I have nothing else, no career no job to support me.

Any advice

lonewolfcypriot
02-01-2020, 09:18 AM
These days it’s incredibly difficult to enjoy anything because in the back of my mind I know there is something I should probably be doing. It might be seeking further education, it might be researching career opportunities, or deciding to start a new fitness plan. I can easily do the last but stress from the first two keeps me from accomplishing it. I eat to ease the stress from the rest of my life.

I don’t know where to go from here I’m done with college but have zero plans from here on out. I think I’ve just made too many mistakes in the past and if I had known better I would’ve taken a different course of action. I guess I’m afraid to think about the future because I have an idea of what it holds for me, and it’s not good. I have a feeling I may end up living in a cheap apartment with drug addicts because I’m so poor and pathetic that I have nothing else, no career no job to support me.

Any advice

just go and do something you enjoy.

lonewolfcypriot
02-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Personally I would not do any further education at your age. you should just get a job at this point and make money.

porpozontokonto
02-01-2020, 09:30 AM
spend less time on TA

Columella
02-01-2020, 09:37 AM
You are very lucky.
You start from zero, so a failure will mean nothing.
My advice is DO something, anything: get any job, move, travel, join a association, or choose a subject or skill and study it well.
Avoid internet, phone, video games, Netflix, drugs, addictions in general.

lameduck
02-01-2020, 09:55 AM
get off from online forums and internet, they cause useless stress if one is not thick skin

I had a similar phase when i had such depressive thoughts and it was than when nothing was happening I got addicted to internet.

mine was when i did my undergraduate , i wanted to pursue further education abroad but there was huge peer pressure to find a job and make a career in industry , add to this wrong selection of only ambitious unis for graduate school resulted in lots of rejections , that can cause lot more stress.

What I did was find a job in powerplant away from city , i worked there as a shift engineer and there was no internet available there, during these times I modified my plan and set more realistic goals and small steps. This is panned out well and now i am in much better position.

weaning off these online forums is my next target , but continous trolling and counter trolling and defending ones ethnicity keep me attached to them but its useless waste of time , these are endless circles , i bet even after 20 years people will be discussing same things.

Kyp
02-01-2020, 10:00 AM
just go and do something you enjoy.

+1
most important thing in life. You could die by accident any day.

Synapsid
02-01-2020, 10:00 AM

Any advice

What did you study?

Bandesha
02-01-2020, 10:03 AM
get off from online forums and internet, they cause useless stress if one is not thick skin

I had a similar phase when i had such depressive thoughts and it was than when nothing was happening I got addicted to internet.

mine was when i did my undergraduate , i wanted to pursue further education abroad but there was huge peer pressure to find a job and make a career in industry , add to this wrong selection of only ambitious unis for graduate school resulted in lots of rejections , that can cause lot more stress.

What I did was find a job in powerplant away from city , i worked there as a shift engineer and there was no internet available there, during these times I modified my plan and set more realistic goals and small steps. This is panned out well and now i am in much better position.

weaning off these online forums is my next target , but continous trolling and counter trolling and defending ones ethnicity keep me attached to them but its useless waste of time , these are endless circles , i bet even after 20 years people will be discussing same things.

finally we agreed on something, Hope to not see you anytime soon

lameduck
02-01-2020, 10:20 AM
What did you study?

my basic field of study is electrical engineering but my field of interest is robotics and control in general, so in my masters i want to narrow down on it.

pulstar
02-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Do a deep estimation on yourself (personality, skills and future goals). Act strictly when you feel you're 100% confindent you left nothing out from your estimation. Organize your time better. If you're good at strategy video games (I assume?) you got no excuse not to make a strategy in your life. If some path is uncertain, seek advice so you can check whether or not is it right for you. Depending on your personality either get a job or start your own freelance/start up. Don't worry if you make a mistake there will be time to fix it. Also, give yourself 3-4 weeks to accept goal-oriented routine. Its a standard adaptation period.

Synapsid
02-01-2020, 10:43 AM
my basic field of study is electrical engineering but my field of interest is robotics and control in general, so in my masters i want to narrow down on it.

Are you doing your masters in Pakistan or the West?

lameduck
02-01-2020, 10:44 AM
Are you doing your masters in Pakistan or the West?

west

Synapsid
02-01-2020, 10:54 AM
west

Culture shock?

lameduck
02-01-2020, 10:57 AM
Culture shock?

lol not much , this is age of globalization with unprecedent access to information , I think now everyone pretty much knows what to expect where.

Trouble
02-02-2020, 05:26 AM
spend less time on TA

i have nothing else to go to

Trouble
02-02-2020, 05:27 AM
Do a deep estimation on yourself (personality, skills and future goals). Act strictly when you feel you're 100% confindent you left nothing out from your estimation. Organize your time better. If you're good at strategy video games (I assume?) you got no excuse not to make a strategy in your life. If some path is uncertain, seek advice so you can check whether or not is it right for you. Depending on your personality either get a job or start your own freelance/start up. Don't worry if you make a mistake there will be time to fix it. Also, give yourself 3-4 weeks to accept goal-oriented routine. Its a standard adaptation period.

thanks, helpful advice. Yes im good at video games lol