PDA

View Full Version : Which is a more accurate indicator of Autism??

jalapeno
02-06-2020, 07:54 PM
How they post on the internet, or how someone talk in front of a camera or in public??

TheMaestro
02-06-2020, 07:59 PM
This doesn't make any sense. Since I know you are trying you find out if you're an autist, go visit a doctor, I've seen you share many similarities with Mortimer, wierd way of talking etc.

sean
02-06-2020, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxEU5Jb9vI

JamesBond007
02-06-2020, 08:26 PM
AFAIK, since autism is defined in the DSM it is probably bullshit for malingerers. Except for a few objectively identifiable brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, there are neither biological or chemical tests nor biopsy or necropsy findings for verifying or falsifying DSM diagnoses. Anything, that is non-falsifiable is not scientific. I once told a social worker that psychiatry was a pseudo-science and he said it was more of an art. The uneducated or unlearned are impressed with Latin words such as Schizophrenia. Baron Richard von Krafft-Ebing (1840–1902), was a contemporary of Charcot and older colleague of Freud. Krafft-Ebing was a German-born physician who was a professor of psychiatry, successively, at the Universities of Strasbourg, Graz, and Vienna. The work that made him world famous is Psychopathia Sexualis, the first edition of which appeared in 1886. Krafft-Ebing was an early practitioner of the art of transforming, with the aid of Latin and a medical diploma, behaviors considered sinful into sicknesses.To impress the medical character of his work on the profession and the public, Krafft-Ebing sprinkled his text liberally with Latin, and both he and his publisher maintained that Psychopathia Sexualis was intended only for medical professionals. The less people know what they are talking about, the more likely they are to mistake knowing a term for knowing something about the real world. The great physicist Richard Feynman wisely observed, “You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you’re finished, you’ll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird. You’ll only know about humans in different places, and what they call the bird. So let’s look at the bird and see what it’s doing—that’s what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.” Mistaking knowing the name of something for knowing something is endemic in journalism, politics, and psychiatry.

Psychiatry is like 98% bullshit at least. Like I said there are no there are neither biological or chemical tests nor biopsy or necropsy findings for verifying or falsifying DSM diagnoses. According to classic, pathological-scientific criteria, disease is a product manufactured by the body, in the same sense that urine is. Diagnosis, in contrast, is a product manufactured by persons, in the same sense that works of art are. Charcot and Freud discarded the somatic pathological criterion of disease, destroying the empirical-rational basis for distinguishing real medical disorders of the body (diseases) from fake psychiatric disorders of the “mind” (nondiseases). Modern psychiatry is a gigantic edifice built on the poisoned ruins of this destruction.

jalapeno
02-06-2020, 08:58 PM
This doesn't make any sense. Since I know you are trying you find out if you're an autist, go visit a doctor, I've seen you share many similarities with Mortimer, wierd way of talking etc.
He's actually diagnosed with Schizophrenia if I remember reading correctly

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:00 PM
See a psychologist and take a test, being a jackass or weirdo doesn't make you autistic.

Jacques de Imbelloni
02-06-2020, 09:02 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome IF the state would pay you for acting like an idiot all day long?

jalapeno
02-06-2020, 09:07 PM
AFAIK, since autism is defined in the DSM it is probably bullshit for malingerers. Except for a few objectively identifiable brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, there are neither biological or chemical tests nor biopsy or necropsy findings for verifying or falsifying DSM diagnoses. Anything, that is non-falsifiable is not scientific. I once told a social worker that psychiatry was a pseudo-science and he said it was more of an art. The uneducated or unlearned are impressed with Latin words such as Schizophrenia. Baron Richard von Krafft-Ebing (1840–1902), was a contemporary of Charcot and older colleague of Freud. Krafft-Ebing was a German-born physician who was a professor of psychiatry, successively, at the Universities of Strasbourg, Graz, and Vienna. The work that made him world famous is Psychopathia Sexualis, the first edition of which appeared in 1886. Krafft-Ebing was an early practitioner of the art of transforming, with the aid of Latin and a medical diploma, behaviors considered sinful into sicknesses.To impress the medical character of his work on the profession and the public, Krafft-Ebing sprinkled his text liberally with Latin, and both he and his publisher maintained that Psychopathia Sexualis was intended only for medical professionals. The less people know what they are talking about, the more likely they are to mistake knowing a term for knowing something about the real world. The great physicist Richard Feynman wisely observed, “You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you’re finished, you’ll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird. You’ll only know about humans in different places, and what they call the bird. So let’s look at the bird and see what it’s doing—that’s what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.” Mistaking knowing the name of something for knowing something is endemic in journalism, politics, and psychiatry.

Psychiatry is like 98% bullshit at least. Like I said there are no there are neither biological or chemical tests nor biopsy or necropsy findings for verifying or falsifying DSM diagnoses. According to classic, pathological-scientific criteria, disease is a product manufactured by the body, in the same sense that urine is. Diagnosis, in contrast, is a product manufactured by persons, in the same sense that works of art are. Charcot and Freud discarded the somatic pathological criterion of disease, destroying the empirical-rational basis for distinguishing real medical disorders of the body (diseases) from fake psychiatric disorders of the “mind” (nondiseases). Modern psychiatry is a gigantic edifice built on the poisoned ruins of this destruction.

That's why I seem to appreciate the field of 'Phenomenology' much more since it is less materialistic/brain-oriented and more to do with the actual study of the 'phenomena' as opposed to noumena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WNs7t7fzXU

Phenomenology deals with the heart of the actual issue/thought/idea/feeling.. that is the actual mental stuff disregarding anything material which may all be false materiality

jalapeno
02-06-2020, 09:08 PM
The child for life LOLz

Jacques de Imbelloni
02-06-2020, 09:14 PM
The less people know what they are talking about, the more likely they are to mistake knowing a term for knowing something about the real world.

Well put, you are confusing psychiatry a branch of medical sciences, with psychology, a social cience, and you are confusing the latter with Psychoanalysis, an actual pseudoscience.

Jacques de Imbelloni
02-06-2020, 09:28 PM
I think this is the cause of all moral degeneration. Since women have gained social power, their inability to not just ignore these mentally retarded creatures and instead have their bleeding hearts torn asunder by tales of woe and compassion has destroyed the hard pragmatic reality that politics is supposed to be based on. The entire welfare state is a female-marketed initiative designed to stop single mothers from feeling guilty. It's also sidelined men and made them stupid fucking retards who shirk all responsibility instead of honouring family duty and accepting adult responsibilities.

wouldn't be more rewarding for these people to socialize them and teach them social abilities instead of pay them to be all day long in their houses?
Its like all those marginal families living in permanent welfare, using their children to milk the state.

Rędwald
02-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Posting on TA is indicator number one. :coffee:

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:37 PM
People confuse the behavior learned by Autistic people as symptoms of Autism. 1. Autism is a spectrum of disorders not a singular one 2. Each case has a varying degree severity 3. The myth that Autism is not detectable is completely false. Autism is essentially the overgrowth of brain tissue with a lack of connections in the simplest terms.

https://i.imgur.com/oFaOVJ4.gif
https://i.imgur.com/3kBIp29.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cgTxd7j.jpg

Scientists and doctors know what Autism is but they don't know what causes the issues or how to fix them.

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:39 PM
Posting on TA is indicator number one. :coffee:

No u

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:41 PM
wouldn't be more rewarding for these people to socialize them and teach them social abilities instead of pay them to be all day long in their houses?
Its like all those marginal families living in permanent welfare, using their children to milk the state.

Most autistic people are good learners visually, but there are ethics issues involved in forcing them to work, however there are many local agencies that employ people with handicaps. There are resources for them to work they or their caretakers have to be the ones to take the initiative.

Teutone
02-06-2020, 09:42 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome IF the state would pay you for acting like an idiot all day long?

Lawspeakers way of life

Teutone
02-06-2020, 09:44 PM
@JamesBond007

Could I inject myself with autism to be able to count cards at black jack?

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:46 PM
People confuse the behavior learned by Autistic people as symptoms of Autism. 1. Autism is a spectrum of disorders not a singular one 2. Each case has a varying degree severity 3. The myth that Autism is not detectable is completely false. Autism is essentially the overgrowth of brain tissue with a lack of connections in the simplest terms.

https://i.imgur.com/oFaOVJ4.gif
https://i.imgur.com/3kBIp29.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cgTxd7j.jpg

Scientists and doctors know what Autism is but they don't know what causes the issues or how to fix them.

A good analogy for Autism is it's like a car with an over-sized engine and a small battery with shitty wiring.

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:47 PM
@JamesBond007

Could I inject myself with autism to be able to count cards at black jack?

I wish I could count cards :(, I can only count to potato.

Marinus
02-06-2020, 09:50 PM
How they talk in front of a camera/ in public.

You can be ironically autistic on text, I don't think you could do that in person.

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:52 PM
How they talk in front of a camera/ in public.

You can be ironically autistic on text, I don't think you could do that in person.

Unless you are being completely condescending in person xD.

Samnium
02-06-2020, 09:52 PM
Quoting Coon in 2020 and being a nordicist.

Teutone
02-06-2020, 09:53 PM
I wish I could count cards :(, I can only count to potato.

Autists before the internet were quite nice, I loved rainman

https://youtu.be/vk7eA4gVDno

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 09:58 PM
Autists before the internet were quite nice, I loved rainman

https://youtu.be/vk7eA4gVDno

I love how they didn't pick up on the scam right away, they are so obvious. Rainman was a good film, I miss Tom Cruise before he went full Scientologist.

Teutone
02-06-2020, 10:02 PM
I love how they didn't pick up on the scam right away, they are so obvious. Rainman was a good film, I miss Tom Cruise before he went full Scientologist.

He is a good actor, his personal religion doesnt bother me on screen, he would be a bad actor if it would.

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 10:03 PM
He is a good actor, his personal religion doesnt bother me on screen, he would be a bad actor if it would.

Tropic Thunder cemented that, he is great in that movie.

Marinus
02-06-2020, 10:03 PM
Unless you are being completely condescending in person xD.

There are also selective autists now that I think about it, Neil Degrasse Tyson sounds normal in person, but once he goes on twitter he just completely forgets how to human being. He's like a matured (as in an aged fungi colony, not wiser) Jayden Smith.

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 10:05 PM
There are also selective autists now that I think about it, Neil Degrasse Tyson sounds normal in person, but once he goes on twitter he just completely forgets how to human being. He's like a matured (as in an aged fungi colony, not wiser) Jayden Smith.

Cuckerberg too, he looks like he is on PCP everytime he gets infront of a crowd.

Marinus
02-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Cuckerberg too, he looks like he is on PCP everytime he gets infront of a crowd.

Has it ever been established if Zucc is actually a human tho?

PaleoEuropean
02-06-2020, 10:19 PM
Has it ever been established if Zucc is actually a human tho?

I really do wonder.