PDA

View Full Version : Apple banning competition

Mercury
08-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 has been taken down from the UK’s Amazon site. (JEAN CHUNG/BLOOMBERG)

Samsung’s sleek entry into the tablet market, the Galaxy Tab 10.1, has been banned for import in most of Europe after a late Tuesday ruling from a German judge.

A judge granted Apple a preliminary injunction against Samsung, banning the import of the tablet in Europe, excluding the Netherlands. Apple has said that the Galaxy line of products “slavishly copies” the iPad and iPhone.

The order is a blow to Samsung, which says it received no notice of the order before it was handed down, Bloomberg reported.

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 has already been removed from Amazon.co.uk following the order.

Apple’s continuing with its war over IP in Europe. Ars Technica reported that the court documents from the Samsung case show that Apple’s going after the Motorola Xoom as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/faster-forward/post/samsung-galaxy-tab-101-imports-banned-in-most-of-europe/2011/08/10/gIQAmnVr6I_blog.html

The Lawspeaker
08-14-2011, 01:19 AM
So far for the "free market"....

BeerBaron
08-14-2011, 01:25 AM
How is it a copy, there's not exactly many ways to make a tablet.

Loki
08-14-2011, 01:33 AM
That's a shame, the Samsung products are very good, and it is actually the best Android system on the market today (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/faster-forward/post/galaxy-tab-101-review-the-best-android-has-to-offer/2011/06/14/AGO5sIZH_blog.html).

The design, etc is definitely copied from iPad and iPhone, I agree, but I think it is healthy that Apple doesn't have a monopoly on these things. I personally am not very fond of the Apple company.

Lábaru
08-14-2011, 01:36 AM
I'll just buy the Samsung tab 10.1 the next week.

X71WJbsBubg

Lahtari
08-14-2011, 01:36 AM
I smell "software patents", aka. patents on logic. :coffee:

Apple is really good on usability, but it cannot hijack the whole market on the grounds of it. There has been innovative tablet designs before, and there will be tablets after it.