PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Portuguese the darkest Europeans?

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 08:19 PM
According to a study i have made, which contains more than 1000 personalities per country, the portuguese have a 10,5% blue,gray and green eyes.
I present the results for light eyes below

Portugal 10,5%
Spain 13,5%
Greece 13,5%
Italy 17%

The lightest group of south Europeans in relation to eye colour were the North Italians, whith a 20-25% depending on the region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4C77FqFdSA

Btw i am Greek

TheMaestro
02-14-2020, 08:35 PM
Why does it bother you, who cares. Like being light or dark is a win, get a life, go drink a beer.

https://i.imgur.com/iuavcQ5.gif

Samnium
02-14-2020, 08:36 PM
What do you count as green is a good question.

Otherwise it's a question that hasn't any sense.

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 08:49 PM
The light characteristics are definable. I for example have Green eyes. U can see at my thread ''Classify me, Greek man from Epirus'' . I definately didnt use double standards, nor do i have anything against Portuguese people, i in fact like them, i have seen no bad from them.Though the personalities in my study, were people that their wikipedia page said they ethnicaly originate from the mentioned south European countries. I obviously didnt count personalities whose parents were born outside of these countries.

I didnt include people from the madieras and the atlantic islands, i didnt include the Canaries for Spain, and in didnt include Cyprus for Greece.

Samnium
02-14-2020, 09:16 PM
The light characteristics are definable. I for example have Green eyes. U can see at my thread ''Classify me, Greek man from Epirus'' . I definately didnt use double standards, nor do i have anything against Portuguese people, i in fact like them, i have seen no bad from them.Though the personalities in my study, were people that their wikipedia page said they ethnicaly originate from the mentioned south European countries. I obviously didnt count personalities whose parents were born outside of these countries.

I didnt include people from the madieras and the atlantic islands, i didnt include the Canaries for Spain, and in didnt include Cyprus for Greece.

Did you count very light hazel eyes (like those with a central heterochromia but overall predominant pure green pigment ?).

I would ask the same thing for blue eyes since brown central heterochromia (sometimes with yellow) exists as well with this color.

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 09:35 PM
The slightest sign of light colour that i could identify in the irishes of both eyes, i counted as ''light'' , even those with central heterochromia.
The issue is i didnt have double standards between the countries, nor was i preoccupied with The Portuguese, or with any other country. I used the same computer all along so the i didnt have screen light issues. This study took me 2 years. I studied most south European countries. At least the Major. I have percentages for Albania, Serbia and Bulgaria, which i will release in a future post.

Samnium
02-14-2020, 10:04 PM
The slightest sign of light colour that i could identify in the irishes of both eyes, i counted as ''light'' , even those with central heterochromia.
The issue is i didnt have double standards between the countries, nor was i preoccupied with The Portuguese, or with any other country. I used the same computer all along so the i didnt have screen light issues. This study took me 2 years. I studied most south European countries. At least the Major. I have percentages for Albania, Serbia and Bulgaria, which i will release in a future post.

Ok good then. It's a good thing to count those with central heterochromia because indeed they are light and the brown/yellow part is often very light and "light-admixed" so not even noticeable in the extreme majority of life situations.

Edit : Not surprising that you found 12% of Light Eyes for the South (Italy) there are plenty light eyed Campanians, Apulians or Sicilians.

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 10:28 PM
Yes, i found neglectible difference between central and south Italy, but the northern Italians were visibly lighter. To be clear to u i didnt count those with Germanic(Austrian) sounding surnames in the north Italians, but they were like 1/100 of the north Italians. Listen dude , i dont love the north Italians, because they mostly descriminate on the southern, and callin them mafiozi and zingari, but nuetrality is nuetrality and truth is truth. I would have no reason to present the Portuguese with half the percentage of North Italians.

Nassbean
02-14-2020, 10:53 PM
what's wrong with being "dark" ? Even if they had 0% what's the problem ?

Cernunnos
02-14-2020, 11:08 PM
É suposto eu participar nesta merda de tópico troll? Estou 100% ofendido, já nem durmo...

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 11:30 PM
There would be no problem at all. I asked why, i want to know peoples opinions. Is it because of admixture or because of their core population being a bit darker than other's south Europeans? Anyway, the difference is really small, with the Spanish and Greeks.

Samnium
02-14-2020, 11:34 PM
Yes, i found neglectible difference between central and south Italy, but the northern Italians were visibly lighter. To be clear to u i didnt count those with Germanic(Austrian) sounding surnames in the north Italians, but they were like 1/100 of the north Italians. Listen dude , i dont love the north Italians, because they mostly descriminate on the southern, and callin them mafiozi and zingari, but nuetrality is nuetrality and truth is truth. I would have no reason to present the Portuguese with half the percentage of North Italians.

That's what you see in real life, Northern Italians are much more lighter than Central Italians and not just a little like your study proved.

Did you counted Aostans ? They are more northern than Friulans and South Tyroleans.

Latinus
02-14-2020, 11:38 PM
Interesting, I thought Greeks were the darkest...

Rᴜᴛʜʟᴇss
02-14-2020, 11:43 PM
If I am not mistaken, European Mediterraneans lived in Middle East for 40,000 years before rushing through the Italic Peninsula and making their way into other parts of Europe. This fact suggests that those same Mediterraneans may have evolved darker characteristics as an adaptation to the environment and the climate found in Middle East.

As for Portuguese people, they are a small population. There isn't so much genetic variety, which may explain why other Southern European populations are lighter.

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 11:55 PM
Yes, this might be the truth, but south European/Mediteraneans, are different than the people living now in the middle east. Only a 20% of these 2 groups of populations overlap with themselves, and this 20% of Phenotype similarity might be product of relative recent mixture. In a similar manner a 20% of s.European-Mediteraneans overlap with Germanics, in colours

Anaximander
02-14-2020, 11:58 PM
Yes, they have latin names, and i couldnt figure out.

Rᴜᴛʜʟᴇss
02-15-2020, 12:25 AM
Yes, this might be the truth, but south European/Mediteraneans, are different than the people living now in the middle east. Only a 20% of these 2 groups of populations overlap with themselves, and this 20% of Phenotype similarity might be product of relative recent mixture. In a similar manner a 20% of s.European-Mediteraneans overlap with Germanics, in colours

Of course they are different!

Thing is, European Mediterraneans had decided to leave the region due to invasions and large amount of race-mixing that was occuring in there, and ended up settling in Southern Europe, the most comfortable place to be, given their dark characteristics.

I have never claimed that Southern Europeans have significant Middle Eastern admixture. This would be a moronic statement, since the genetic clusters and DNA tests show the opposite.

Hope it's all clear now!

Anaximander
02-15-2020, 12:31 AM
Of course they are different!

Thing is, European Mediterraneans had decided to leave the region due to invasions and large amount of race-mixing that was occuring in there, and ended up settling in Southern Europe, the most comfortable place to be, given their dark characteristics.

I have never claimed that Southern Europeans have significant Middle Eastern admixture. This would be a moronic statement, since the genetic clusters and DNA tests show the opposite.

Hope it's all clear now!

Ok, but the man u have as photo has said in a video of his(before his channel was taken down) that if one takes the scarf from the middle eastern woman they may be mistaken for south European.

Rᴜᴛʜʟᴇss
02-15-2020, 12:42 AM
Ok, but the man u have as photo has said in a video of his(before his channel was taken down) that if one takes the scarf from the middle eastern woman they may be mistaken for south European.

Don't worry about Varg. He changes his mind quite often. The other day he was stating on Twitter that Europeans with brown eyes and brown hair are overwhelmingly Thulêans.

I like his music, though. It doesn't mean I agree with him on everything.

Anaximander
02-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Don't worry about Varg. He changes his mind quite often. The other day he was stating on Twitter that Europeans with brown eyes and brown hair are overwhelmingly Thulêans.

I like his music, though. It doesn't mean I agree with him on everything.

Most of his socioeconomic and environmental approches are correct though, only when he messes with anthropological issues he fs things up

hurtuv
02-02-2021, 02:31 PM
According to a study i have made, which contains more than 1000 personalities per country, the portuguese have a 10,5% blue,gray and green eyes.

Portugal 10,5%
Spain 13,5%
Greece 13,5%
Italy 17%

The lightest group of south Europeans in relation to eye colour were the North Italians, whith a 20-25% depending on the region.

Btw i am Greek

Looking at many such studies and comparing them all, is what gives a good idea of reality imo. :eek: But they have to be good to qualify.

Would you claim that yours would qualify as a good one?
Would it be as reliable as the Blade's and Supercomputer's for instance? Could you post all the people that your study involves, like The Blade does? And if that is so, what would be a good explanation for the differences between yours and theirs, in terms of results?

The Blade's - https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?334977-Eye-and-hair-colour-distribution-among-1144-Portuguese-(both-sexes-studied)&highlight=1144
Supercomputer's - https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?284957-Light-eyes-map-of-Europe-(detail-scientifically-backed)

In the ensuing discussion on the Blade's study thread, you can see two old studies of the Portuguese, both done by the same Tamagnini guy, and they score very different values, because of the criteria they used possibly (and/or, I read this somewhere, one might have been done on kids) - do you think this could provide a good explanation for your study numbers?

I, and others, have made good points about the darkness of the Portuguese, on this thread: I don't think I ever lost my mind as much though, in this forum, but that has taken a turn for the funny :joy: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?341782-Classify-Cristiano-Ronaldo-and-family/page4&p=7097558#post7097558

É suposto eu participar nesta merda de tópico troll? Estou 100% ofendido, já nem durmo...

Se o gajo não é troll, ou pelo menos mau a fazer o estudo, eu sou literalmente o pai natal. xD

Mas digo-te uma coisa, se ele é troll, é um troll extraordinário. Extraordináriamente inteligente, para se ir lembrar da ideia de ir fazer a merda de um estudo troll. Quase me atrevia a dar-lhe o valor, mas quem usa a inteligência para enganar e humilhar para além do humor razoável é um cínico. Ser irónico para a risada? Ok. Cínico? Um dos melhores filmes de sempre, seria assim se não falhasse em deizar a mensagem implícita mais explícita - falha demasiado... Lecter é acima de tudo, cínico (desculpa-me eu usar só o apelido à boa maneira pseudo-intelectual xDxD, mas sabes que nós tugas tratamos a malta só pelos apelidos a toda a hora) xD. Moral da história: não sejas cínico, é uma das piores coisas que um humano pode ser. DUH :thumb001:

Se ele é de facto troll, é incrivel o que associações positivas a turístas do Norte - até algo bastante relacionável no meu caso, por exemplo, podem fazer a um gajo, que noutras circunstância podia fazer um bom estudo em nome da antropologia.

E desculpa, meu companheiro, neste planeta a flutuar num braço exterior da Via Láctea, se tudo isto te soa estranho, traduzido por algum algorítmo merdoso quero eu dizer xD, mas eu acredito que; (dado que isto possa ser mais ou menos bem sucedido) todas as pessoas com memória, tentam a cada momento, fazer o seu melhor, tendo em conta as experiências passadas; e toda a gente pode, sem sombra de dúvida, rir-se CONNOSCO :rolleyes:xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

forgot to post the links lol, fixed

Alexandro
02-02-2021, 02:52 PM
I mean, this is purely anecdotal, but in the times I have gone to Portugal (Lisbon and Porto) the people did not strike me as being noticeably darker than any other southern Euro population, either way Med people are beautiful so it doesn't matter. I don't understand why some users on here fixate so much on pigmentation, like people actually get triggered if someone "darkwashes" or "lightwashes" their ethnicity, who gives a fuck, they're just adaptive traits related to geography and UV radiation, and no shit, a lot of Iberia is hot as fuck.

Its a worthless, autistic dick measuring contest and every time I see one of these threads my eyes roll way back into my skull.

LittleDarkAge
02-02-2021, 03:01 PM
Simply because the Portuguese are chads along with the Spaniards. The chad dark Europeans versus the virgin snowflake Europeans.

Seriously though, White Mediterraneans have lived in Middle East for thousands of years. They did not mix with Semitic tribes, what actually occurred was that the environment shaped their characteristics in a similar way it did with Semitic peoples. That's the reason why White Mediterraneans usually can have tanned skin, almond eyes, arched eyebrows, curly hair, and dark features.
That does not mean, however, that they are mixed-race. No, European Mediterraneans are White, different from Arabs and Jews, for example. Learn the difference.

Luso
02-02-2021, 03:30 PM
I mean, this is purely anecdotal, but in the times I have gone to Portugal (Lisbon and Porto) the people did not strike me as being noticeably darker than any other southern Euro population, either way Med people are beautiful so it doesn't matter. I don't understand why some users on here fixate so much on pigmentation, like people actually get triggered if someone "darkwashes" or "lightwashes" their ethnicity, who gives a fuck, they're just adaptive traits related to geography and UV radiation, and no shit, a lot of Iberia is hot as fuck.

Its a worthless, autistic dick measuring contest and every time I see one of these threads my eyes roll way back into my skull.

Welcome to TA, where people obsess about how white or dark a european country is instead of having a social life and fun.

hurtuv
02-02-2021, 04:47 PM

Indeed, and I mean why should one even assume, for instance, a darkwashing should be bad, if many would like to be darkwashed? But you just take a bath yourself man, and don't let anybody wash you xd. If, personally, this triggered me in my early days hee, now it's just :coffee:. Ah, the beauty of the Apricity xd. I think the ones who give a fuck the most are some of the trolls, probably been wash too many times xd.

But things have changed with time, to some degree at least. Some years ago, flame wars between Portuguese and Spaniards about this preposterousness were commomplace, can you believe that? Thank the quarentine for bringing new minds here. If before, people were all “the old days is what was good, the forum is not what it used to be and will be dead in a few years” sort of shit, nobody says that anymore, flew out of the zeitgeist here like a mf :)

Hamilcar
02-02-2021, 05:15 PM
Simply because the Portuguese are chads along with the Spaniards. The chad dark Europeans versus the virgin snowflake Europeans.

Seriously though, White Mediterraneans have lived in Middle East for thousands of years. They did not mix with Semitic tribes, what actually occurred was that the environment shaped their characteristics in a similar way it did with Semitic peoples. That's the reason why White Mediterraneans usually can have tanned skin, almond eyes, arched eyebrows, curly hair, and dark features.
That does not mean, however, that they are mixed-race. No, European Mediterraneans are White, different from Arabs and Jews, for example. Learn the difference.

there is no such thing as a "semitic" race, that's a linguistic group and southern europeans do have ME admixture especially south-east europeans.

LittleDarkAge
02-02-2021, 07:38 PM
there is no such thing as a "semitic" race, that's a linguistic group and southern europeans do have ME admixture especially south-east europeans.

You're wrong as usual. The PCAs show there is a Semitic race composed of Jews and Arabs. And Southeastern Europeans score little to no Middle Eastern admixture at all. You only wish they were mixed. Unfortunately to you, they are not.

Graywolf
02-02-2021, 07:40 PM
I dont know about dark dude but they say portuguese women are the ugliest of Europe so they did all explorations :D:D:D

Hamilcar
02-02-2021, 08:47 PM
You're wrong as usual. The PCAs show there is a Semitic race composed of Jews and Arabs. And Southeastern Europeans score little to no Middle Eastern admixture at all. You only wish they were mixed. Unfortunately to you, they are not.

There is not a single semitic race on "PCAs", western jews plot near southern europeans not arabs. Moreover yes south-east europeans do have ME admixture :

https://i.imgur.com/GRxzsYQ.png

that's without taking sicilians into account

Zeno
02-02-2021, 09:13 PM
Why does it bother you, who cares. Like being light or dark is a win, get a life, go drink a beer.

https://i.imgur.com/iuavcQ5.gif

STEFANOS CHIOS IS YOUR FUCKING PAPPA, BLOODY PUSSIES!

Zeno
02-02-2021, 09:17 PM
For the thread, they simply are Southern Euros. Their main phenotypes are Atlanto-Med and Atlantid. Additionally, some Berids, N. Atlantids and Nordids are present, in a noticeable rate, especially N. Atlantids.

They're Meds mostly. And that's more than alright. They contributed a lot in the world and the Age of Discovery, so they are more than rightful in their pride.

LorenzoSpitaleri
02-03-2021, 02:14 AM
Not much difference in percentages.

Septentrion
03-15-2021, 04:36 PM

Portugal 10,5%
Spain 13,5%
Greece 13,5%
Italy 17%

Btw i am Greek

Really? I do agree that the Portuguese are one of the darkest - pigmented population in Europe, but they are not the darkest. Greece does not have a higher frequency of blue or light eyes than Portugal! This is for sure. There I am referring to pure Greeks. Italians are indeed the lightest - eyed of the Southern Europeans, but they are slightly darker - haired and darker - skinned than the Portuguese.

LittleDarkAge
03-15-2021, 04:40 PM
Garbage thread.

Luso
03-15-2021, 04:44 PM
Because we are handsome and beautiful. End of thread

Cristiano viejo
03-15-2021, 05:02 PM

You need a comb.

Luso
03-15-2021, 05:47 PM
You need a comb.

you need a life.

Cristiano viejo
03-15-2021, 05:50 PM
you need a life.
In fact I have several parallel lifes.

Still you need a comb.

Luso
03-15-2021, 05:56 PM

Still you need a comb.

I embrace my curls.

Universe
03-15-2021, 06:15 PM

Still you need a comb.
He should get dreadlocks imo.

Luso
03-15-2021, 06:18 PM

I know a Portuguese old friend in Porto that has those:

https://i.imgur.com/wwuEov6.png

https://i.imgur.com/7tQD407.png

has similar hair to me but even more curly.

Universe
03-15-2021, 06:22 PM
I know a Portuguese old friend in Porto that has those:

https://i.imgur.com/wwuEov6.png

has similar hair to me but even more curly.
Since you're in US, some Tyrone or Shaniqua may assault you for it lel
Or maybe not, because you're slightly ethnic looking, not stereotypically white or blond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58NFBsEsVqQ

Luso
03-15-2021, 06:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58NFBsEsVqQ
Or maybe not, because you're slightly ethnic looking, not stereotypically white or blond.

b/c I'm Portuguese i can fit as African American so id be fine. :thumb001:

Universe
03-15-2021, 06:23 PM
Lightskin black man.

Alexandro
03-15-2021, 06:27 PM

No. African Americans look super white compared to us Iberians, really too much British blood pumping in their veins! If anything we pass in the Congo, I'd say.

Luso
03-15-2021, 06:35 PM

Also that shit is funny bc Vikings, Celts and many other cultures wore Dreads LOL

Universe
03-15-2021, 06:50 PM
Also that shit is funny bc Vikings, Celts and many other cultures wore Dreads LOL
"Cultural appropriation" is an idiotic concept in general.

Pedro Ruben
03-15-2021, 07:32 PM

I make your words mine :victory0:

Hasien
03-15-2021, 07:36 PM
Portuguese should be proud of who they are and their history and country you have nothing to envy really. at least you guys behave like civilized Europeans also have much respect to your ex lusophone colonies unlike other Iberians If you know what I mean ;)

Alexandro
03-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Portuguese should be proud of who they are and their history and country you have nothing to envy really. at least you guys behave like civilized Europeans also have much respect to your ex lusophone colonies unlike other Iberians If you know what I mean ;)

HEY!!!! :mad:

Damião de Góis
03-15-2021, 08:01 PM
The funniest thing about this thread is the OP saying he analysed 1000 personalities for each country and counted the eye color for all of them. Coming up with 1000 personalities from Portugal would be a challenge for me. But he pulled it off, not only for Portugal but for Spain, Greece and Italy as well.

I did this for the MEPs from Portugal and counted:

1/21 blondes
3/21 blue eyes

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/search/advanced?name=&countryCode=PT

This was very boring and it was just 21 people. I'm not sure how Spain, Italy and Greece do in this exercise but i expect they score double or triple what we scored (Riffians would score higher then everyone of course).

Adamm
03-15-2021, 08:58 PM
Cypriots and Aegean Greeks are darker than Portuguese.

Damião de Góis
03-15-2021, 09:02 PM

How many personalities did you analyse?

Adamm
03-15-2021, 09:05 PM
How many personalities did you analyse?

I didnt anaylize it, its based upon my personal assumption. (I could be wrong though, but also genetically wise the Cypriots and Aegean Greeks have more non-European admixture than Portuguese.)

Cernunnos
03-15-2021, 09:09 PM
I didnt anaylize it, its based upon my personal assumption. (I could be wrong though, but also genetically wise the Cypriots and Aegean Greeks have more non-European admixture than Portuguese.)

Aegean Greeks are an ethnic group? Then so are Minhotos or Alentejanos.... :confused:

Damião de Góis
03-15-2021, 09:17 PM

I don't think that influences pigmentation (within a country, people with the same results can have very different pigmentation). You would have to count the eye color of thousands of people like the OP supposedly has. Which is something i don't agree with btw. Counting blue eyes would mean brown eyed people like the one on photo below are part of swarthdom and aren't part of the statistics. But i would say he stands out in many places in southern Europe.

http://www.nauticapress.com/LOBODOMAR/noticias/noticias060711/FLobatoface060711.jpg

Zeno
03-15-2021, 09:25 PM

I wouldn't say Aegean Greeks. Especially in eye colour and especially Cretans.

Cristiano viejo
03-15-2021, 10:22 PM

heheheh then he would look 100% niggggger already xD

Luso
03-15-2021, 11:03 PM
Aegean Greeks are an ethnic group? Then so are Minhotos or Alentejanos.... :confused:

don't forget Algarvios :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jGL3lFPBSo
https://i.imgur.com/dTyshUJ.png
https://i.imgur.com/dlxnwz0.png

https://i.imgur.com/95E1Gk5.png
https://i.imgur.com/wahf6jq.png
this guy is from my dad's area! Even has a Portimonense shirt! I have three of those :) Força Portimonense

heheheh then he would look 100% niggggger already xD

I already am :cool:

Septentrion
03-20-2021, 01:11 AM

Cyprus is geographically located in Asia ( Middle East). Although politically it sometimes grouped with European nations. Cypriots should not be compared to European Portuguese.

kaltar
08-29-2022, 01:40 PM
there is nothing wrong with being "dark"