PDA

View Full Version : Why do Greeks have the same % of light eyes with Albanians while Bulgarians have same with Serbians?

Anaximander
02-15-2020, 01:35 AM
According to a study of mine about percentages of light eyes for south balkan nations, I found the following results.
Light eyes(blue,green, gray) by country:

Albania 13,5%,sample size 170/1280
Greece 13,5& ,sample size 194/1425

Bulgaria 19% ,sample size 166/872
Serbia 19% ,sample size 274/1461

Note, Republica north of Macedonia had a 16,5% and Mainland Greece had higher percentage than Albania. I didnt include Cyprus in the study.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97puOXT9Zvc

So why do Greeks have identical colouring with Albanians ,while Bulgarians have with Serbians, when there is abysus of Phenotypical Difference between Greeks and Albanians for example?

Epirus DNA
02-15-2020, 01:41 AM
According to a study of mine about percentages of light eyes for south balkan nations, I found the following results.

Note, Republica north of Macedonia had a 16,5% and Mainland Greece had higher percentage than Albania. I didnt include Cyprus in the study.

So why do Greeks have identical colouring with Albanians ,while Bulgarians have with Serbians, when there is abysus of Phenotypical Difference between Greeks and Albanians for example?

Does this study differentiate Albanians? Southern Albanians notably differ genetically from the Kosovars, Tetovo & Northern Albanians. The Tosk Albanians are clustered with Greeks to the Aegean group while the rest are distantly genetically different & can be clustered along with Romanians, Slavs, and even Germans. The southern Albanians? Are they Greek or Albanian?

Anaximander
02-15-2020, 01:50 AM
Does this study differentiate Albanians? Southern Albanians notably differ genetically from the Kosovars, Tetovo & Northern Albanians. The Tosk Albanians are clustered with Greeks to the Aegean group while the rest are distantly genetically different & can be clustered along with Romanians, Slavs, and even Germans. The southern Albanians? Are they Greek or Albanian?

My Albanian sample, included all ethnic Albanians on the Balkans, apart from those living in republica north of Macedonia. kosovar albanians were included in my study, so both Geghs and Tosks, and kosovars, apart from the albos living in republica north of Macedonia

SerbianStallion
04-20-2020, 04:56 PM

Is there any source for this? because it just gives numbers and no source and i sincerely doubt that only 19% of Serbia has light eyes imo it's between 35-40% of light/light mixed for Bulgaria i can't be certain though

ezyeez
04-20-2020, 07:57 PM
Is there any source for this? because it just gives numbers and no source and i sincerely doubt that only 19% of Serbia has light eyes imo it's between 35-40% of light/light mixed for Bulgaria i can't be certain though

I agree. That seems very low. More than 30% of the Serbs I know have blue eyes alone. From my experience, I agree with your figure

Akilles
04-20-2020, 08:04 PM

There are no Gheg Albanians I have seen that cluster with Germans or Slavs except for some South Slavs. But Albanians on average are more West shifted and somewhat overlap with some Italians. Even I shift pretty West towards Italy.

Pribislav
04-20-2020, 08:09 PM
Only group in Serbia which maybe have around 19% light eyes are Sandžakians, even Vlachs of Serbia have higher.
Serbs have quite higher. Honestly, this 19% for Serbs sounds like a joke to me.

JohnnyP
04-20-2020, 08:14 PM
This guy is clown, this "research is his own" - He spend two years of looking photos of politicians and football players to get to this conclusion...hahaha

XenophobicPrussian
04-20-2020, 08:16 PM
I agree. That seems very low. More than 30% of the Serbs I know have blue eyes alone. From my experience, I agree with your figure
lol, no way. I agree 19% is too low(only because I trust Supercomputer more than the OP who I don't know) but 30% is around the number for total light eyes, not blue eyes.

https://i.redd.it/x1l1sxmyo1b31.png

Freeroostah
04-20-2020, 08:19 PM

Not really. Albanians, whether they are from Kosovo or the South, they all plot towards Italy. Kosovo and Tetovo Albanians are usually close to Tuscany while Tosk Albanians can score as south as Sicily (depending on the individual)
There was a Eurogenes K13 thread on Albanian samples. All of them had Italy(whether north or south) at their top 5 matches

ezyeez
04-20-2020, 08:22 PM
lol, no way. I agree 19% is too low(only because I trust Supercomputer more than the OP who I don't know) but 30% is around the number for total light eyes, not blue eyes.

https://i.redd.it/x1l1sxmyo1b31.png

Most light eyes in Serbia are blue though. Grey is not common and green (actual green, not hazel) isn't common either. With the map you've sent there's clearly some regional distinction and parts of Serbia where my figure is too low

Zeno
04-20-2020, 08:23 PM
It's too low for all the countries mentioned. All of the mentioned countries in the OP's post have over 25% light eyes overall. 20% or below that would be blue eyes only.

Also, I don't see how Central and Northern Greece can be lower than 20% in total light-eyed. I've been there myself, throughout the region, and it was certainly above 25%.

Tauromachos
04-20-2020, 08:28 PM
It's too low for all the countries mentioned. All of the mentioned countries in the OP's post have over 25% light eyes overall. 20% or below that would be blue eyes only.

I'd say Greece has more light eyes than Serbia even

CommonSense
04-20-2020, 08:29 PM

He's not far off the mark. If I take into account all the people I've went to primary, high school and university with througought the years, it's about 20%. The 'sample' here would be almost 200 individuals in total. Smaller enivronments have more people with light pigmentation traits, but nothing too remarkable. If you look at random sports teams, groups of actors, politicians, students. etc, the percentages are more or less consistent.

Anaximander
05-20-2020, 01:05 PM
So this map that shows south Peloponese eith wigher percentage than the rest of Greek is more accurste right?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A600FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Samnium
05-20-2020, 01:13 PM
Not really. Albanians, whether they are from Kosovo or the South, they all plot towards Italy. Kosovo and Tetovo Albanians are usually close to Tuscany while Tosk Albanians can score as south as Sicily (depending on the individual)
There was a Eurogenes K13 thread on Albanian samples. All of them had Italy(whether north or south) at their top 5 matches

True, I've even seen Albanians plot like... Tuscans !

Italian like

https://i.redd.it/x1l1s1b31.png

Light eyes should also include "8" on Martin-Schultz scale, in lot of "recent" studies (notably italian anthropology studies in the 80s) light eyes range is 1-8, I would say that there are also eyes that are clearly between the 7 and the 8 level.