PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite alcoholic drinks?

Dunai
02-23-2020, 11:59 PM
Which drinks you enjoy most? What did you used to drink and what are you into nowadays?

I used to enjoy pálinka, whisky, rums and cognacs before but nowadays I can't really stand them anymore. Beer was always a great favorite but wine started to even surpass it lately.

TheMaestro
02-24-2020, 12:02 AM
I like beer, other than that I'm not an alcohol fan. My grandpa drinks this Borsodi bullshit beer, while he can buy literally any Czechoslovak beer in the store, I guess he is a true patriot.

pajkosbalna
02-24-2020, 12:05 AM
I like beer and whisky.

The Lawspeaker
02-24-2020, 12:09 AM
Beer or brandy (either cognac or Dutch brandewijn). When I'm in the Philippines I drink rum, the local beer, lambanog (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambanog) or tapuy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapuy). I drink beer with dinner there and maybe before going to bed I get a night cap of one of the aforementioned. Usually rum (Tanduay or Boracay) because it's cheap, of excellent quality and very effective. The others usually end up in my suitcase as a pricey souvenir.

https://cdn.tasteatlas.com/images/ingredients/cd604e45558b41cbabe401f3ace8712d.jpg?mw=1300

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Merienda_with_tapuy_and_biko.jpg

https://cdn1.excellencerhum.com/1348-large_default/rum-tanduay-5-years.jpg

Daco Celtic
02-24-2020, 12:10 AM
1. top notch red wine
2. good beer
3. good cocktail

Zmey Gorynych
02-24-2020, 12:11 AM
Red wine. Italian, French, Georgian.

Dunai
02-24-2020, 12:14 AM
I like beer, other than that I'm not an alcohol fan. My grandpa drinks this Borsodi bullshit beer, while he can buy literally any Czechoslovak beer in the store, I guess he is a true patriot.

Beer consumption can totally be a patriotic statement, haha, almost like with every alcohol, but I always consider these people missing out on the good stuff if they don't try some of the great foreign stuff also. My favorite beers are by far German and Czech ones.

Dunai
02-24-2020, 12:15 AM
Double

TheMaestro
02-24-2020, 12:16 AM
Beer consumption can totally be a patriotic statement, haha, almost like with every alcohol, but I always consider these people missing out on the good stuff if they don't try some of the great foreign stuff also. My favorite beers are by far German and Czech ones.

Well I drink Kozel, Staropramen or Pilsner. I don't think you can get better quality than those beers that there are in Czechoslovakia. Idk if this Borsodi is masivelly sold Tesco or where, but when I go to my grandpa he only has this beer XD

Daco Celtic
02-24-2020, 12:17 AM
1. top notch red wine
2. good beer
3. good cocktail

...and 4th champagne

I would say a good Cabernet Sauvignon or champagne will give you the best alcohol buzz

Blondie
02-24-2020, 12:19 AM
Red wine by far, but i like vodka and champagne too.

Celestia
02-24-2020, 12:19 AM
Jack and coke.
Tito’s and club soda
I also like cider beer and some wine

Dunai
02-24-2020, 12:20 AM
Well I drink Kozel, Staropramen or Pilsner. I don't think you can get better quality than those beers that there are in Czechoslovakia. Idk if this Borsodi is masivelly sold Tesco or where, but when I go to my grandpa he only has this beer XD

From supermarket Staropramen tends to usually be my go to choice for six packs. Not much touching it in quality-price.

Daco Celtic
02-24-2020, 12:22 AM
Jack and coke.
Tito’s and club soda
I also like cider beer and some wine

Very Southern :p . Tito's is good Vodka though, respect to Texas

Blondie
02-24-2020, 12:25 AM

Borsodi is the worst beer in Hungary, i couldn't drink it :rotfl:

porpozontokonto
02-24-2020, 12:27 AM
love me some beer

TheMaestro
02-24-2020, 12:28 AM
Borsodi is the worst beer in Hungary, i couldn't drink it :rotfl:

I know right, I need to go to Tesco with him, ain't happening again XD

Blondie
02-24-2020, 12:36 AM
I know right, I need to go to Tesco with him, ain't happening again XD

I don't usually drink beer, but according to my little experience the german and czech beers are the best :)

Tommie
02-24-2020, 12:46 AM
My usual go-to is red wine.

I also like liqueurs and champagne.

Annie999
02-24-2020, 12:51 AM
I dont like alcohol much, I do enjoy a blond beer in a hot day though or a sip of Baileys, which would be my favorite alcoholic drink.

Westbrook
02-24-2020, 12:57 AM
Beer is fine. My go-to for a harder drink is Jager and Root Beer. Never been a fan of wines or vodka.

PaleoEuropean
02-24-2020, 01:04 AM
I like beer and whisky.

+1

wisteria
02-24-2020, 01:44 AM
I really like red wine, but I feel like I need to try more

Daco Celtic
02-24-2020, 02:01 AM
https://youtu.be/DLUQV7fU6ms

Mr.G
02-24-2020, 02:24 AM
Glass of red wine now and then. And as a special treat, once in a long while...

https://i.imgur.com/qOxZ9sK.jpg

Rĉdwald
02-24-2020, 02:25 AM
Red wine, beer and then liquor. I don't indulge in alcohol very often that being said.

Mr.G
02-24-2020, 02:30 AM
I don't see it in the thread, so I'll give a shout out to Gin and Tonic, which I have had on occasion.

Kyp
02-24-2020, 05:52 AM
#1 beer
#2 red & rosé wine

Kaspias
02-24-2020, 06:18 AM

Lol, for me these three was the worst. Budweiser and Radegast was the best. I don't like beer much though, maybe this is the reason.

OrhanU
02-24-2020, 06:25 AM
Depends on my mood but I am around beer, wine and rakija (mostly home made Šliva). But in Turkey, alcohol is expensive, so that makes a problem :(

Mikula
02-24-2020, 07:21 AM
1) Beer for heavy/spicy food or party with friends
2) Wine for romantic evening, or another special occasions
3) Slivovica (or another fruit brandy), cognac, rum (not big fan of whisk(e)y)

Benyzero
02-24-2020, 09:03 AM
Beer
Whiskey (cola)
Jagermaister

This would be my combo, but I don't really drink for other reasons.

MiloshN
02-24-2020, 09:19 AM
I rarely drink alcohol. And if that happens, just wine.

KirillMazur
02-24-2020, 10:09 AM
I don’t drink alcohol from the New Year at all - it just became disgusting at one moment. Favorite ones - everything except beer.

Red wine by far, but i like vodka and champagne too.
Good schoolgirl:).

Jana
02-24-2020, 10:16 AM
I don't drink alcohol.

Dunai
02-24-2020, 10:36 AM
Am I the only one who detests vodka? For quick shots with friends I will drink it, but to simply savour it, bleah, total no-go territory.

TheMaestro
02-24-2020, 10:46 AM
Lol, for me these three was the worst. Budweiser and Radegast was the best. I don't like beer much though, maybe this is the reason.

I hate Radagast XD Budweiser is too commercial, but it depends, for those who don't like beers, they tend to like sweeter ones, I like them too, who knows, there are many beers here.

Blondie
02-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Am I the only one who detests vodka? For quick shots with friends I will drink it, but to simply savour it, bleah, total no-go territory.

Pure vodka is sh*t, but vodka + cola is good.

Thracian
02-26-2020, 07:52 PM
I like beer (especially weizenbier), vodka, whisky, schnaps and rum.

I am OK with wine and rakija.

I don't like cider.

I deeply hate caipirinha.

Dušan
02-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Beer and rakija.
I am not big fan of wine. Beer cheers me up, but wine not, I don't know why.

MissMischief
02-26-2020, 08:39 PM
White Russian.

Voskos
02-26-2020, 09:07 PM
I quit drinking alcohol when I was 19.

RenaRyuguu
10-21-2021, 01:26 PM
Vodkaaa and whiskey yayay

Dušan
10-21-2021, 01:29 PM
Mostly beer and rakija, sometimes wine.

:drink

Hektor12
10-21-2021, 01:40 PM
Jägermeisterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(Of course im joking, lul. Just good polymerized aged red wine.)

oszkar07
10-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Lately I will drink few glasses red wine at night with dinner.
On weekends in warm weather drink a some beers,
Othertimes I drink some spirits,whiskey/scotch, Vodka, or Palinka.

Ellethwyn
02-23-2022, 02:51 AM
I don't drink, but when i have i found that vodka was the only alcohol that didn't instantly give me a headache like beer and wine do.
I liked vodka with cranberry juice.

Italicus
02-23-2022, 02:54 AM
I really enjoy beer and cider. Cider is very unappreciated as a drink imo.

Dirdepo
02-23-2022, 02:58 AM
Alcholics are mess

Batavia
04-09-2022, 09:22 PM
Beer only.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
04-09-2022, 09:28 PM
Wine, whisky and beer.

Bleach
04-09-2022, 09:37 PM
Probably wine but I don't like drinking in general.

Roy
06-24-2022, 07:37 PM
I like semi-dry red and white wines, and beer (for instance Polish beer Miłosław).

Celestia
06-24-2022, 08:27 PM
Micheladas, rum and vodka

Vrazijadivizija
06-24-2022, 08:31 PM
Beer
Wine(Gemišt)
Vodka with redbull
and the og Rakija.

CordedWhelp
06-24-2022, 10:06 PM
Beer
Wine(Gemišt)
Vodka with redbull
and the og Rakija.

Oy! Do you anticipate a hangover?

rothaer
06-24-2022, 11:27 PM
I like to drink, but I'm a little bit sensitive and tend to get headache with not so "clean" stuff. I do appreciate some good Whiskeys (Irish an Scottish only), but the best is till a good vodka. Moskovskaya, Danzka and Absolut are good brands, the best brand in the affordable segment is Baikal. That vodka is absolutely great. 40% and extremely mild and I never ever felt bad, not even after too much drinking. But now the best vodka that I've ever tasted: Tambovski Volk. That's expensive and hard to get at all. Till today I could just get it from an individual taking it with him from Russia. I'm not sure, but I'm afraid it was never officially exported, however not no Germany. Tambovski Volk is better than the commonly very appreciated and expensive Beluga.

All such very good vodkas are to be drunk warm and without any mixing, ofc.

Jana
06-24-2022, 11:31 PM
Brandy (cognac), followed by whiskey and raki (fruit brandy).

Jana
06-24-2022, 11:33 PM
I don't drink alcohol.

lol

well I changed in these few years.

xD

Dušan
06-24-2022, 11:44 PM
Beer and rakija (Balkan brandy).
Now during summer, I also like coctails - Cuba libre, Mai Tai...

I am a bit drunk at this moment, by the way. :cool:

KirillMazur
06-24-2022, 11:52 PM
I like to drink, but I'm a little bit sensitive and tend to get headache with not so "clean" stuff. I do appreciate some good Whiskeys (Irish an Scottish only), but the best is till a good Vodka. Moskovskaya, Danzka and Absolut are good brands, the best brand in the affordable segment is Baikal. That vodka is absolutely great. 40% and extremely mild and I never ever felt bad, not even after too much drinking. But now the best vodka that I've ever tasted: Tambovski Volk. That's expensive and hard to get at all. Till today I could just get it from an individual taking it with him from Russia. I'm not sure, but I'm afraid it was never officially exported, however not no Germany. Tambovski Volk is better than the commonly very appreciated and expensive Beluga.

All such very good vodkas are to be drunk warm and without any mixing, ofc.
Well, finally, a lover of a clean and predictable drink in the thread.
Every Russian knows that the quality of vodka depends little on the price, but depends solely on the greed of the manufacturer - that is, how often the filter elements are changed in the factory room. There are very scrupulous manufacturers, but this is being explored only by experience:D.

lol

well I changed in these few years.

xD
That's right, it's time to move to the dark side. It's fun here.
So I also taught my wife to drink wine, it has already become a habit.

placebo
06-25-2022, 12:12 AM
beer and tequila but i started to like rakı recently, i used to hate it.

rothaer
06-25-2022, 12:28 AM
(...) this is being explored only by experience:D.

I'm working on that. :P

Btw. this is the one I referred to. Is it a known brand in Russia or more a small unknown one?

http://wtpack.ru/part-awards-2013/tambovsky/

rothaer
06-25-2022, 12:37 AM
I am a bit drunk at this moment, by the way. :cool:

I envy you. Since I missed that I had run out of fuel and then shops were closed, I suffer the experience of TA completely sober right now. :cry

KirillMazur
06-25-2022, 12:41 AM
I'm (hard-)working on that. :P

Btw. this is the one I referred to. Is it a known brand in Russia or more a small unknown one?

http://wtpack.ru/part-awards-2013/tambovsky/
It's too hot now, and vodka is an autumn-winter drink:).

This is strictly regional vodka, I have never seen it in nearby stores in Moscow. Can only be purchased at a specialized online store that specializes in rarities.
Can you buy many variations of Russian vodka in Germany? Is it an import or made in Germany?

rothaer
06-25-2022, 01:03 AM
It's too hot now, and vodka is an autumn-winter drink:).

This is strictly regional vodka, I have never seen it in nearby stores in Moscow. Can only be purchased at a specialized online store that specializes in rarities.

I see.

Can you buy many variations of Russian vodka in Germany? Is it an import or made in Germany?

Mostly it's an import that has been bottled in Germany. If it's not from Russia you are not allowed to call it Russian vodka, that's pretty strict here.

In a better discounter (Edeka, Real, Kaufland) you have something like 5 different Russian vodkas, often Moskovskaya, Baikal, Parliament, Russki standard, Pjat Ozero.

Then you have various, also really bad, Russian sounding vodkas with likely fantasy names that come and go, that are not Russian. But a somewhat reputated vodka from Germany is actually Gorbatschow. It has nothing with Michail Gorbachev to do, but stems from a Russian that fled while the Russian revolution to Berlin (I think) and produced vodka. The well known Smirnoff from the USA will be another Russian emigrant.

Then you have various vodkas from other countries without any direct Russian connection, like Wyborowa, Żołądkowa Gorzka and Żubrówka from Poland, Danzka from Denmark, Finlandia and Koskenkorva from Finland and Absolut from Sweden (also in an unmixed state with a number of different tastes that are very good).

Yeah, so about that is what you get without going into any rarity shop or ordering from somewhere else.

Cybele
06-25-2022, 01:12 AM
Fortified wines like white vermouth and Mavrodafni wine (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavrodafni)

Palinka and țuică- both are fruit brandies but the latter is produced only from plums; homemade ones are the best imo

Vodka

Beer (my favourites were artisanal beers I tried in a craft beer fest in Czechia)

Vișinată/ Afinată/ Caisată- sweet alcohol beverages made with: sour cherries, blueberries, apricots, raspberries, etc.

Digestive bitters (Jägermeister, etc.)

I had Absinthe too, but I honestly don't remember its exact favour anymore. All that I know, is that I liked it.

I drink mostly at special occasions these days.

KirillMazur
06-25-2022, 01:33 AM
In a better discounter (Edeka, Real, Kaufland) you have something like 5 different Russian vodkas, often Moskovskaya, Baikal, Parliament, Russki standard, Pjat Ozero.
Tried all 5 vodkas from the list at different times, all good. Only once there was a strong hangover from 150 grams of Parliament, for all members of the team:). Maybe the batch was bad.

Then you have various, also really bad, Russian sounding vodkas with likely fantasy names that come and go, that are not Russian. But a somewhat reputated vodka from Germany is actually Gorbatschow. It has nothing with Michail Gorbachev to do, but stems from a Russian that fled while the Russian revolution to Berlin (I think) and produced vodka. The well known Smirnoff from the USA will be another Russian emigrant.
I didn’t know about Gorbachev, but Smirnoff was very popular in the 90s (even in the Crimea), and now it is extremely rare, and for some reason bottled in Italy. Maybe something with trademark.

Then you have various vodkas from other countries without any direct Russian connection, like Wyborowa, Żołądkowa Gorzka and Żubrówka from Poland, Danzka from Denmark, Finlandia and Koskenkorva from Finland and Absolut from Sweden (also in an unmixed state with a number of different tastes that are very good).
Finlandia and Absolut in full assortment are sold in almost any supermarket, good vodkas. I haven't tried Koskenkorva.
Danzka is also good, and bottled in Germany!
Of the Polish ones, it is easy to buy only Belvedere, but it is expensive, and an ordinary product is only in special stores.
From Belarusian, this Zubrovka is my favorite, for East Slavic (and German) cuisine - this is what the doctor ordered.
https://s.wine.style/images_gen/165/165453/0_0_orig.jpg

PlattitüdenPaule
06-25-2022, 01:35 AM
Flensburger Pils.
Goatini (a mix of vodka and goats milk).
Quince liquer.

CordedWhelp
06-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Micheladas, rum and vodka

I have a headache just thinking about that.

CordedWhelp
06-25-2022, 02:22 AM
And to put in my own answer: Whiskey. All kinds. I do enjoy other things when the occasion calls. I’m not so much a snob where I cannot “hang”.

Tongio
06-25-2022, 04:13 AM
Wine is really good, lower alcool content, fruity and there is something ancestral in it, brandy is also very nice and terrible at the same time but the alcool content is insanely high, It hurts the liver just to think.I never drank any of the others apart from beer and vodka wich exert no particular fascination on me.So i vote wine.

Sylvanas
06-25-2022, 07:58 AM
I never drink alcoholic drinks, but wine is ok...wine from Korcula (Croatian island)

Victor
06-25-2022, 09:04 AM
1. Red dry/semi dry wine - 70% of my consumption
2. Rakija - 20% - and the only type of strong alco I drink
3. Beer - 10% - beer is pisswater in most of cases, no matter the quality, I can drink 1-2 with my friends

Aspirin
06-25-2022, 09:11 AM
Beer, but I drink only occasionally. And sometimes homemade wine when I eat.

rothaer
06-25-2022, 12:20 PM
(...)
From Belarusian, this Zubrovka is my favorite, (...)

Oh, I never saw a Belarusian one and this is even a Zubrovka. But yeah, a big proportion of the Bialowieza primary forest is in Belarus as well. :thumb001:

(Btw. I also did not yet try Koskenkorva and also not Wyborowa vodka.)

Kiel
06-25-2022, 12:24 PM
Beer for sure:)

Pro.crasti.nation
06-25-2022, 02:34 PM
Love funny liquors, whenever I'm abroad on holiday.
Usually, I would have vodka/lime cordial or maybe a Peroni/Sol/San Miguel.

Haven't had much opportunity to drink, due to lockdown. I'm exclusively a social drinker, so ...

BIS ZUM TOD
02-15-2023, 01:15 AM
I quit drinking like a half a year ago. Just got fed up of it because I drank to get drunk. I'm glad I've left it behind. No desire to ever go back.

billErobreren
02-15-2023, 01:22 AM
Beer, whisky, do dabble with red wines(hate the sweet variety) and I'm probably the only man I know that likes gin.