PDA

View Full Version : The Polish deli owner accused of refusing to serve English customers

Beorn
03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
The Polish deli owner accused of refusing to serve English customers

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/20/article-1163202-03FD622C000005DC-829_468x338.jpg

A Polish delicatessen is refusing to serve English customers, it was claimed yesterday. The store is said to have turned away a college student and a reporter sent to investigate the story.
Police and council officials have launched an investigation into the alleged racism.

The student, Kaley Leighton, stopped at the store on her way home from sixth-form college in Goole, East Yorkshire.
The 17-year-old said: 'While I was in there looking at the drinks the man working in the shop came over and asked me if I was English.
'When I said I was he said to me "get out of my shop" twice.
'He said it really aggressively and I didn't know what to do because I was on my own, and he was a big man. I just said okay and left. Ifelt angry, upset and embarrassed and couldn't believe what had happened.'
She said she had visited the store because her mother had suggested she try out new things.

The health and social care student spoke to officials at East Riding Council and made a complaint of racism.
Her mother, Julie Eldin, 40, said: 'I was fuming when Kaley told me what had happened.

'I work in a shop and can you imagine what would happen if the boot was on the other foot, and I refused to serve someone because they weren't English? It's just racism.'

Emma Franklin, a reporter on Goole's newspaper, was also told by one of the shop assistants that they did not serve English people. She says he quickly retracted this statement when she revealed who she worked for.
Yesterday, Michail Bak, the owner of the Polski Sklep store, strongly denied refusing to serve anyone for being English and insisted Miss Leighton was mistaken.

'I don't turn anyone away from my shop - I serve Russians, Latvians, Brazilians and Portuguese,' he said. (and English?!?)

A spokesman for East Riding Council said: 'Humberside Police's community cohesion officer and the council's senior policy officer are looking into this and working together to help resolve any issues that may have occurred.'
The store, located on a busy shopping street, is sparsely stocked with tinned food, drinks, pastries and pickles.

Goole is twinned with the Polish town of Zlotow and at the time of the last census in 2001 there were only 60 Poles living in the town.
Numbers have increased significantly since then although there are no official figures available.
A relative of Miss Leighton has set up a Facebook petition to protest about the 'English ban' and by yesterday afternoon 300 people had signed up to it.

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1163202/The-Polish-deli-owner-accused-refusing-serve-English-customers.html)

Gooding
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM
That bastard and his employees should be chocked out of the United Kingdom, since they so obviously dislike its people...and banned from ever returning. :)

The Lawspeaker
03-21-2009, 03:51 PM
I wonder why Mr. Bak opened up a deli in England then if he dislikes Englishmen so much. Right- put him on a plane to bloody Warsaw and make him sell his place to some Polish man or woman that happens to be willing to own a shop and is married to an English(wo)man.

It's even more scandalous since the town is officially twinned with a Polish town. Time for Bak to sod off before he does any more damage.

Birka
03-21-2009, 04:02 PM
I have to agree with the posts. What a foolish Pole. (And I ought to know, being half Polish). Sometimes your own kind can be sooo disappointing.

Beorn
03-21-2009, 04:03 PM
put him on a plane to bloody Warsaw and make him sell his place to some Polish man or woman that happens to be willing to own a shop and is married to an English(wo)man.

Why sell it to another foreign invader? Sell it to an English person. One who will employ more English and cater towards the English.

Sarmata
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Sorry Beornwulfwer if my opinion will be a bit shocking to you but this case looks quite funny to my;) Just like Polish skinhead behaviour in Wales,and some "patriotic" concert in Ireland where played only foreign bands and they played for Czechs, Slovaks, Poles and 2 Irish:D I wonder what they singed maybe "it's to many immigrants we don't want any more":D What can I say...world is ending:)

The Lawspeaker
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Why sell it to another foreign invader? Sell it to an English person. One who will employ more English and cater towards the English.
As I said- why not to a Pole that is married to and English(wo)man (or the other way around). Or someone that has a knowledge of Polish cuisine and culture. You won't find too many of them.

Sorry Beornwulfwer if my opinion will be a bit shocking to you but this case looks quite funny to my;) Just like Polish skinhead behaviour in Wales,and some "patriotic" concert in Ireland where played only foreign bands and they played for Czechs, Slovaks, Poles and 2 Irish:D I wonder what they singed maybe "it's to many immigrants we don't want any more":D What can I say...world is ending:)
I understand but it is just insane. He should have stayed in Poland.

Sarmata
03-21-2009, 04:32 PM
I understand but it is just insane. He should have stayed in Poland.

Seriously: you're right

Treffie
03-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder if he had the opportunity to open a shop in Poland?

Gooding
03-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Well, if that's how shopkeepers treat their people in Poland, maybe that's where he belongs.:cool:

Albion
11-27-2010, 12:32 PM
What the hell? I think we've been rather good to this man in that he can come to this country, set up a business here and generally do well, why the hell does he treat us like s**t?
I suppose he's adopting the former labour government policy of hating the English.

I think any immigrant who is racist to the native people of their new country should be deported.
You don't just move somewhere and then start openly hating the people there, its ridiculous.

Liffrea
11-27-2010, 12:40 PM
A friend of mine was camping in Lincolnshire there are Polish owned pubs that don’t serve English people either.

Round here they would probably just beat him, rob him and burn his shop down (it’s happened before, Asian shop keeper refused to serve the drunks).

I've noticed anti-Polish feeling is quite strong.

Murphy
11-27-2010, 01:05 PM
A man should be allowed to choose who he serves without fear of government shouldn't he?

Albion
11-27-2010, 01:09 PM
A man should be allowed to choose who he serves without fear of government shouldn't he?

Refusing to serve the core ethnicity of a country is different. How would you like it if I went to Ireland and became manager of a supermarket and said "Sorry, we don't serve Irish people"? I'd be run out of town.

Äike
11-27-2010, 01:14 PM
I think any immigrant who is racist to the native people of their new country should be deported.
You don't just move somewhere and then start openly hating the people there, its ridiculous.

It's ridiculous in the UK but a reality here. So things aren't that bad in your country, be optimistic. :thumb001:

Murphy
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Refusing to serve the core ethnicity of a country is different. How would you like it if I went to Ireland and became manager of a supermarket and said "Sorry, we don't serve Irish people"? I'd be run out of town.

Probably aye :P.

But perhaps this Polish gentlemen is doing the English a favour. Are the English nationalists here not advocates of segregation? You're never going to have a state that is 100% ethnically English. Such a state has never existed and never will.

So, why not let the foreigners have their own communities in which they stick to themselves, keep certain businesses within the community etcetera? The English could do the same for themselves as well, no?

Albion
11-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Probably aye :P.

With pitchforks and loaded guns might I add. :D

But perhaps this Polish gentlemen is doing the English a favour. Are the English nationalists here not advocates of segregation?

Erm, no I don't think so, not me at least. I'm not so bothered about European immigrants if they're in small numbers. Segregation wouldn't really work.

You're never going to have a state that is 100% ethnically English. Such a state has never existed and never will.

According to wikipedia that's already impossible, according to them 20% of the English have some Irish ancestry.

So, why not let the foreigners have their own communities in which they stick to themselves, keep certain businesses within the community etcetera?

De facto that already exists, but we don't want the huge immigrant towns and suburbs we have now.

The English could do the same for themselves as well, no?

The whole issue of it being our country rears its head here. Non-European immigration should be near-stopped, European immigration cut down (that would entail leaving the EU).
European immigrants and English can live side-by-side rather easily, I see Poles and English in a few towns getting on at least fairly decently, we just need less numbers of immigrants here.

Tomasz
11-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow, I'm speechless. Of course this guy is scum and I don't support such actions by no means. He only brings disgrace to Poland and provokes anti-Polish sentiment which we can already see in tags (Untermensch Polacks). But remember that idiots exist in every nation and we, Poles, are no exception from that rule.

Albion
11-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow, I'm speechless. Of course this guy is scum and I don't support such actions by no means. He only brings disgrace to Poland and provokes anti-Polish sentiment which we can already see in tags (Untermensch Polacks). But remember that idiots exist in every nation and we, Poles, are no exception from that rule.

Yes, most Poles I see are actually decent immigrants which is more that can be said about the majority of those from Africa and the middle east...

Namejs
12-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Maybe the guy didn't spoke english so good and in the end it was just a misunderstanding.
I don't know why someone refuse to serve english. Well if its true then less money for him.
I just don't believe that this kind of thing can happen in the UK, there's always two sides of a coin.

He serves latvians though :D

Beorn
12-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Whilst chatting with a few lads from Newbury and they were saying one other Polak decided to make it known it wouldn't serve us English. He had the windows put through every week and is now out of business.

That's how you treat foreigners. ;)

Osweo
12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Whilst chatting with a few lads from Newbury and they were saying one other Polak decided to make it known it wouldn't serve us English. He had the windows put through every week and is now out of business.

That's how you treat foreigners. ;)

No, that's how we treat the foreigners that we're allowed to dislike. :rolleyes2:

I bet every single person who smashed a window of that Polak's shop has spent a good thousand pounds or more at various Paki take-aways over the last few years. Pathetic idiots. :tsk:

Beorn
12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
True enough, but then think of how many of their windows have been put through as well.

Osweo
12-15-2010, 06:09 PM
True enough, but then think of how many of their windows have been put through as well.

Yep; hardly any. If our scum had any sense, not a night would go by without it. But they waste their time harrassing old women instead.

Albion
12-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Maybe the guy didn't spoke english so good and in the end it was just a misunderstanding.
I don't know why someone refuse to serve english. Well if its true then less money for him.
I just don't believe that this kind of thing can happen in the UK, there's always two sides of a coin.

He serves latvians though :D

If he's had bad experiences with a few English chavs it doesn't give him the right to take such a measure. If an English shop refused to serve Poles they'd be taken to court and everyone would be onto them, the police, council, equality commissions and all the usual crap.

Maybe a few took offence at that, but putting the windows through is a bit extreme.

Beorn
12-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Maybe a few took offence at that, but putting the windows through is a bit extreme.

Why's that? Is ethnic discrimination okay when levelled against your own kind in your own country? :)

Albion
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Why's that? Is ethnic discrimination okay when levelled against your own kind in your own country? :)

No it isn't but there's other ways of dealing with it rather than trashing the shop.

Peasant
12-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Like what? Boycotting it? :laugh2: