PDA

View Full Version : How is the Coronavirus impacting your life?

Pages : [1] 2

Loki
03-14-2020, 09:10 PM
Please let us know how this pandemic is affecting you (and your community) personally.

nittionia
03-14-2020, 09:18 PM
My school closed for the rest of the school year so I'm doing online classes :/

Tooting Carmen
For now it is mostly just sports events being affected. As a Welsh rugby fan, I was disappointed to see the Wales v Scotland match cancelled less than 24 hours before kick-off, and now the Welsh Rugby Union has announced that all rugby in Wales shall be suspended till the end of the month. Further, the Pro 14 league, which includes the four pro Welsh teams, has been suspended until further notice, not least given the situation in Italy especially.

Terminator98
My University stopped working and my exams in April will be cancelled most likely, except that no changes, at least for now.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
i usually go to my parents house on sunday

but they're both old, and last year my dad had pneumonia....so i'll be staying away, as they need to self isolate at this point

ive been in work monday-friday mixing with people there, so i cant guarantee i'm virus free

this weekend i'll be staying in the house ...no going out

food shopping will be done online from now on...no walking through supermarket isles

pajkosbalna
03-14-2020, 09:20 PM
I consider myself pretty lucky yet, just have to work in home office and cant go to gym for example.
Suppose it will be so much worse in the next weeks.

Decius
03-14-2020, 09:21 PM
My schools closed for 2 weeks

щрбл
03-14-2020, 09:22 PM
My company decided to take the viral threat seriously.
So, I will be working from home for the next two weeks at least because they kindly asked us to do so.
I have already stored food for two weeks, as well.
I also won't be seeing any family member in the meantime.

:)

Dušan
03-14-2020, 09:24 PM
I wanted to go to clubbing this night, but the place where I go is closed.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
03-14-2020, 09:32 PM
i have to go to work...i can't do my job from home

i work in a building with around 100 people, connected to another building with around 200 people, on a big industrial site

i estimate on an average day, i come into contact indoors in a confined space with around 30 - 40 people

even with good hand hygiene, i reckon i'll catch it within a month

i'm in good shape, and have a good set of lungs , plus dont smoke

however im due to have a heart valve replacement this year (almost certainly postponed now, unless i become symptomatic)

i cant guarantee if i get it bad and the virus affects my lungs , my heart with the near failing aortic valve will be able to keep my body oxygenated enough

this is a grim time

Nurzat
03-14-2020, 09:41 PM
I work from home, but my brother and mom are in Italy, mom among others volunteers in a hospital but now volunteering got suspended and brother works normally because his work is needed in this period as well. we hope they don't catch it. not easy to work from home since kindergartens are closed and little kid is home all day long and wants to play a lot with daddy xD

Rædwald
03-14-2020, 09:43 PM
Not at all yet, still not cases where I live.

Ülev
03-14-2020, 09:44 PM
I was in Germany (Cottbus) today and bought some things, Poland closes borders right now
https://www.polskieradio.pl/395/7785/Artykul/2473601,Polish-foreign-ministry-launches-hotline-for-bordercrossing-questions

WeißerJunge
03-14-2020, 09:50 PM
No more lectures are allowed in my University and exams will be done at home until the 30th of April, at least.

Helen
03-14-2020, 09:52 PM
We can only leave home to go to the market or to the pharmacy, the parks are sealed, schools are closed indefinitely
And all the stores/bars/pubs are closed

brennus dux gallorum
03-14-2020, 09:53 PM
We are all in a quarantine here, Friday was the last day that i went to work. Everything is closed except for pharmacies and supermarkets

I had a bbq party with my fiancee, with plenty of beer, not sure how it's gonna end up :D

Westbrook
03-14-2020, 09:55 PM
Classes cancelled until the 29th, that's about it so far.

Still no confirmed cases in my city. Not really worried about it either way.

brennus dux gallorum
03-14-2020, 09:56 PM
For now it is mostly just sports events being affected. As a Welsh rugby fan, I was disappointed to see the Wales v Scotland match cancelled less than 24 hours before kick-off, and now the Welsh Rugby Union has announced that all rugby in Wales shall be suspended till the end of the month. Further, the Pro 14 league, which includes the four pro Welsh teams, has been suspended until further notice, not least given the situation in Italy especially.

No offense but i don't think that your government's reaction is the best one for the particular situation :D

Chris596
03-14-2020, 09:57 PM
I don't have classes until April and I mostly stay inside my apartment, order some food and chill. Ohh, and did I mention the hours spent on this forum and other websites? :bored:

Daco Celtic
03-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Working from home all week. Maintaining a large stockpile of toilet paper from Charmin to generic brands.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
03-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Johnson's plan may not work out as he wants because i can see a large % of the british population self isolating without government prompts from now on

not many of us want to be guinea pigs for this flawed herd immunity theory

Smeagol
03-14-2020, 10:01 PM
Hardly at all so far.

Lioncourt
03-14-2020, 10:03 PM
I'm the same sociopath but my life is still affected negatively:

https://i.imgflip.com/3smgff.jpg

Oneeye
03-14-2020, 10:05 PM
Empty store shelves, sports and schools cancelled, company has changed policies (work in healthcare) may end up running coronavirus testing at work too.

Veneda
03-14-2020, 10:08 PM
I personally am grounded from 16th till 27th of March (for now) and will work online from home. On 12th of March my employer provided me with written instructions how to use VPN to be connected with company's resources online. I bought food supplies for 2-3 weeks and I am going to stay at home as Polish government recommends. I will see how it works, starting from Monday

Voskos
03-14-2020, 10:11 PM
I stopped talking to people whom I suspect to be potential COVID-19 carriers.

JohnnyP
03-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Big impact, im fasting till Easter and i cant drink alcohol,in meantime in my country restorants,bars work till 18:00 oclock, so no party for my friends too :D Yuhuuuu.

Jana
03-14-2020, 10:14 PM
Stears was supposed to visit yesterday, but he won't (would need to go to quarantine) and we will miss to celebrate his birthday and than our son's first birthday togheder.
Soon will more than 7 months we last time saw each other.

Ülev
03-14-2020, 10:14 PM
I stopped talking to people whom I suspect to be potential COVID-19 carriers.

invite them to the TA's forum

Celestia
03-14-2020, 10:18 PM
Grocery stores are empty.
Some jobs have asked their employees to work from home.
Schools have switched to online classes.

Daos777
03-14-2020, 10:21 PM
Major one for me is that work has slowdown dramatically. I now have to go to the gym and workout with paranoia in the back of my mind and go late as fuck when nobody is there so now i cant creep on the girls with yoga pants, people keep buying up all the toliet paper, disinfecting supplies.

Rædwald
03-14-2020, 10:38 PM
Not at all yet, still not cases where I live.

Update: first presumptive case confirmed. Press F boys.

Pedro Ruben
03-14-2020, 10:38 PM
Having to change routines ... we canceled activities that involved group of people ... etc

Celestia
03-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Stears was supposed to visit yesterday, but he won't (would need to go to quarantine) and we will miss to celebrate his birthday and than our son's first birthday togheder.
Soon will more than 7 months we last time saw each other.

aw I'm sorry to hear that :( That must be rough.

El_Abominacion
03-14-2020, 10:58 PM
My research trip to Malta is probably going to be cancelled. People here are being retarded and buying up entire stocks of toilet roll so the cleanliness of my ass is going to be in jeopardy. Apart from that nothing else really, nobody I know has been infected

michal3141
03-14-2020, 11:24 PM
I am just an IT guy so I will be working from home for next week or maybe 2 weeks. Let's hope people will be behave responsiby and won't spread the virus too much.

Lurker1
03-15-2020, 06:39 PM

Maintenance
03-15-2020, 06:40 PM
Quarentined, only going out to walk the dog for 5 minutes, lost over 10k in stocks, bored, no social life.

Daven
03-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Nevermind.

Daven
03-15-2020, 06:44 PM
Please let us know how this pandemic is affecting you (and your community) personally.

I sent you a message.

Tauromachos
03-15-2020, 06:45 PM
Not very much till now

I just stay at home mostly if i go out only for a walk,i avoid places with many people
i have bought and stored some food at home

Anaximander
03-15-2020, 06:48 PM

I stay home more, i spent more time on Apricity Forum.

Kamal900
03-15-2020, 06:51 PM
Well, I was scared shitless when my mother was sick for many days on end which we took her to the hospital at the end of February just to get my dad's salary and so on to pay for the medical expenses. It turns out that testing and medical expenses for the coronaviruses is free, and thankfully, my mom didn't have the virus which the tests prove to be negative. It was a simply flu, and she had gotten a lot more better since then thanks to the medications that the doctor had precriped for her. I have several bottles of the GreenCross isoprophyl alcohol sanitizer with me.
https://i.ibb.co/CsTN36J/webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

Be clean and safe, people.

Ülev
03-15-2020, 08:54 PM
https://youtu.be/M3-eRgESe84

Desperado
03-15-2020, 09:10 PM
had to find a part time job which I can do from home, but the bright side is when this is over I'll have two jobs

pajkosbalna
03-16-2020, 12:00 PM
Turned out today that one of my colleagues got it.
Very nice

Bosniensis
03-16-2020, 12:06 PM
Today one of workers came to office and said that she doesn't feel well and that she had relatives from Italy who came to visit her over the weekend.

CEO let her go home, but I flipped out calling her imbecile and idiot for risking all of us. I wish I could punch her in the face. Some people are beyond stupid.

Anaximander
03-16-2020, 12:12 PM
Today one of workers came to office and said that she doesn't feel well and that she had relatives from Italy who came to visit her over the weekend.

CEO let her go home, but I flipped out calling her imbecile and idiot for risking all of us. I wish I could punch her in the face. Some people are beyond stupid.

This slavic barbarian manners, spring out from u. U lack the civilized roman manners. :)

Bosniensis
03-16-2020, 12:25 PM
This slavic barbarian manners, spring out from u. U lack the civilized roman manners. :)

Thracians were regarded by other people's as warlike, ferocious, and bloodthirsty. They were seen as "barbarians" by ancient Greeks and Romans. Plato in his Republic groups them with the Scythians, calling them extravagant and high spirited; and his Laws portrays them as a warlike nation, grouping them with Celts, Persians, Scythians, Iberians and Carthaginians. Polybius wrote of Cotys's sober and gentle character being unlike that of most Thracians. Tacitus in his Annals writes of them being wild, savage and impatient, disobedient even to their own kings.

Never the less, who wouldn't react that way? Would you risk harming your co-workers if you suspected that you have a virus? crazy woman.

Kaspias
03-16-2020, 12:28 PM
Thracians were regarded by other people's as warlike, ferocious, and bloodthirsty. They were seen as "barbarians" by ancient Greeks and Romans. Plato in his Republic groups them with the Scythians, calling them extravagant and high spirited; and his Laws portrays them as a warlike nation, grouping them with Celts, Persians, Scythians, Iberians and Carthaginians. Polybius wrote of Cotys's sober and gentle character being unlike that of most Thracians. Tacitus in his Annals writes of them being wild, savage and impatient, disobedient even to their own kings.

Never the less, who wouldn't react that way? Would you risk harming your co-workers if you suspected that you have a virus? crazy woman.

You are talking about Thracians in coronavirus thread. XD

Bosniensis
03-16-2020, 12:28 PM
You are talking about Thracians in coronavirus thread. XD

he started.

Mortimer
03-16-2020, 12:30 PM
Social life is restricted you can not go outside only to buy food and medicine

Anaximander
03-16-2020, 12:34 PM

U are right, but not punch a woman...
and Thracians lived on the other side of Balkans than Bosnia.

Bosniensis
03-16-2020, 12:37 PM
U are right, but not punch a woman...
and Thracians lived on the other side of Balkans than Bosnia.

I can't give you history lessons, you must spend a lot of time learning before posting. Yes Thracians lived in Bosnia before Illyrians came. Let's not ruin this thread with this talk.

brennus dux gallorum
03-16-2020, 02:05 PM
Another thread has just been f@cked by the illyro-Thrac-Roman squad :D

Dick
03-16-2020, 02:18 PM

If you romans didn’t become so soft and civilized then you wouldn’t have been overrun by barbarians. Exactly what is happening to Europe now

Ülev
03-16-2020, 02:20 PM
we all are lost, only T(y-dna)hracians will survive!

they can run away from C-19, they have long, long legs

Elite endurance runners

Possible patterns between Y-chromosome and elite endurance runners were studied in an attempt to find a genetic explanation to the Ethiopian endurance running success. Given the superiority of East African athletes in international distance running over the past four decades, it has been speculated that they are genetically advantaged. Elite marathon runners from Ethiopia were analysed for K*(xP) which according to the previously published Ethiopian studies is attributable to the haplogroup T[301]

According to further studies,[2] T1a1a* (L208) was found to be proportionately more frequent in the elite marathon runners sample than in the control samples than any other haplogroup, therefore this y-chromosome could play a significant role in determining Ethiopian endurance running success. Haplogroup T1a1a* was found in 14% of the elite marathon runners sample of whom 43% of this sample are from Arsi province. In addition, haplogroup T1a1a* was found in only 4% of the Ethiopian control sample and only 1% of the Arsi province control sample. T1a1a* is positively associated with aspects of endurance running, whereas E1b1b1 (old E3b1) is negatively associated.[302]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184

Dandelion
03-16-2020, 02:52 PM
I just have to work, because there is no other way in a production environment. And with no lab analysts, thry can't sell or export. The management does work from home.

Very dangerous 40 hours a week. But supermarket personel also go through this. Still less taxing than being a nurse or doctor.

Whenever I leave work I do get viewed with suspicion because of my Belgian license plate. It's a matter of time until I will have to explain myself to the police everytime I guess.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
03-16-2020, 03:09 PM
Nearly everything is shut down or with a limited schedule. I stayed the entire weekend locked at home as we are instructed to do. Lisbon looks like a ghost city compared to what it used to be just one week ago.

Today I had to attend my office to work nonetheless, the headship doesn't seem to keen of letting us work from home so it will stay that way unless we are given other instructions and\or in case our government declares the state of emergency. My fiance's company authorized all of its employees to work from home so we improvised a little office-desk in our living room and that's where she will be working from at least until the end of March.

Our wedding is meant to be in late July but things are so unpredictable right now that we have to consider whether it will happen at all. We can only wait to see how things evolve.

brennus dux gallorum
03-16-2020, 03:17 PM
I just have to work, because there is no other way in a production environment. And with no lab analysts, thry can't sell or export. The management does work from home.

Very dangerous 40 hours a week. But supermarket personel also go through this. Still less taxing than being a nurse or doctor.

Whenever I leave work I do get viewed with suspicion because of my Belgian license plate. It's a matter of time until I will have to explain myself to the police everytime I guess.

If you are not an elder and your immune system is not weak, i can't see why you should be afraid

Lioncourt
03-16-2020, 03:50 PM
If you are not an elder and your immune system is not weak, i can't see why you should be afraid

Because most of us have elderly relatives.

Finnish Swede
03-16-2020, 03:57 PM
* I was planning to return to Finland end of March/beginnig of April. Now I don't know ... even as this corona epedimic is worse here.
Long travelling periods => risk to get virus.

* If the studying places will close their doors (in Finland), I will not graduate this spring

* Can/will not go to figure skating here anymore

* Avoiding public places, just shortly visiting shops etc. (as I'm forced to)

* Washing hands even more often than earlier :)

* Staying lot more time inside; time to be here (TA) again too.

brennus dux gallorum
03-16-2020, 04:06 PM
* I was planning to return to Finland end of March/beginnig of April. Now I don't know ... even as this corona epedimic is worse here.
Long travelling periods => risk to get virus.

* If the studying places will close their doors (in Finland), I will not graduate this spring

* Can/will not go to figure skating here anymore

* Avoiding public places, just shortly visiting shops etc. (as I'm forced to)

* Washing hands even more often than earlier :)

* Staying lot more time inside; time to be here (TA) again too.

Where are you right now?

Finnish Swede
03-16-2020, 04:10 PM
Where are you right now?

Skåne. Southern Sweden. Since early November. Have done my thesis.

Ford
03-16-2020, 04:13 PM
I had to cancel two trips... And everything closed because of this shit.

frankhammer
03-16-2020, 04:13 PM
Everything is open for business inside the country. Schools are still open although the government is monitoring the situation. There is no community spread as yet. Almost all the 8 known carriers brought it into NZ or are a family member.
The government has advised the cancelling of any event with a crowd expected of over 500. Live sports, concerts and cultural minority events are being cancelled by the organisers for safeties sake.

Any person flying into NZ must self-isolate for two weeks. The government have said the police are up to the task of enforcing this rule if necessary and those that won't will be fined and deported.

At the supermarkets, there is a 2 person limit on some items such as sanitisers but otherwise, the shelves are full of food and consumables.

There are concerns for the economy however most people outside the tourism sector are still working. I guess those in the tourism sector can now pick the vege and fruit that imported seasonal workers once visited NZ to do. There is always work if you want it...

Personally, I don't shake hands at the moment and keep a respectful distance from others. I stocked up on some of these sanitiser products as I'm aware some are imported. Toilet paper is manufactured here so no panic about that product. That is about it :shrug:

It is warm and the sun is shining, so I see no point not enjoying the season.

KirillMazur
03-16-2020, 04:15 PM
Due to the collapse in oil prices, my stocks began to fall in price - I urgently had to sell them and invest in something more conservative with lower returns.
We also had to cancel the trip to Frankfurt for the weekend (tickets were almost free). I’m afraid that during the May holidays I will also stay at home.

Norb
03-16-2020, 04:20 PM
it's not and I will not let it

Voskos
03-16-2020, 04:21 PM

It's for your own good.You're get plenty of other chances to visit Moscow .

Ülev
03-16-2020, 04:24 PM
It's for your own good.You're get plenty of other chances to visit Moscow .

Don't listen to Voskos :p

Comparing the size of the two countries, the head of state said that it is Belarus that should be scared of the huge Russia spreading the virus to it. “Yesterday, the Russian prime minister said that they were on fire. They did not give all the information to the media. The situation is difficult there. We should be worried about the situation. Why are you afraid of Belarus? The situation here is under control and we take it very seriously. Let's do it together. No, they have closed the border. Well, this is their decision,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said.

https://eng.belta.by/president/view/lukashenko-responds-to-russias-decision-to-close-border-with-belarus-129020-2020/

Ford
03-16-2020, 04:25 PM
Don't listen to Voskos :p

https://eng.belta.by/president/view/lukashenko-responds-to-russias-decision-to-close-border-with-belarus-129020-2020/

I was supposed to visit land of Paprika.

Viridian1
03-16-2020, 04:34 PM
At the moment it doesnt change much. I was mad last week when skijumping season was closed.

Smaland
03-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Yesterday, the stores that I went to were sold out of bottled water, and I saw only one other person wearing a mask. But otherwise, there were still products on the shelves. Lately, when I've gotten groceries, I buy more canned food than I need at the moment. I don't try to clear out the shelves, I just buy some "extras". Can build up a stock of food that way.

Autrigón
03-16-2020, 06:25 PM
I usually have bat soup for breakfast...Now I only have it on sundays.

Morena
03-16-2020, 06:28 PM
I actually work a lot harder now. While everyone is hunkering down at work, I'm working at a store, selling items that people need and stocking. I am probably going to work six days a week this week, as opposed to my usual four.

School is closed for two weeks, but this doesn't affect me because I home school. However, our home schooling meet up has canceled all group classes until after April 6th, although instruction will still be sent through video and email.

Church is closed until late March, and so are the children's activities.

Roy
03-16-2020, 06:30 PM
I wanted to go for fencing today (my new hobby) but it's closed at least till 25th of March.

Morena
03-16-2020, 06:31 PM
I wanted to go fencing today (my hobby) but it's closes at least till 25th of March.

You've got a kick ass hobby XD

brennus dux gallorum
03-16-2020, 06:31 PM
I wanted to go fencing today (my hobby) but it's closes at least till 25th of March.

my hobby is skiing.. All skiing resorts around my city closed this sunday :(

lol how the hell can you get coronavirus on the mountains? :D

Celestia
03-16-2020, 06:41 PM
Being that I am stuck at home I am teaching myself how to make Polymer earrings. If I get any good at it I might sell some.
Gotta create opportunities out of adversities

Mr.G
03-16-2020, 06:43 PM
i have to go to work...i can't do my job from home

i work in a building with around 100 people, connected to another building with around 200 people, on a big industrial site

i estimate on an average day, i come into contact indoors in a confined space with around 30 - 40 people

even with good hand hygiene, i reckon i'll catch it within a month

i'm in good shape, and have a good set of lungs , plus dont smoke

however im due to have a heart valve replacement this year (almost certainly postponed now, unless i become symptomatic)

i cant guarantee if i get it bad and the virus affects my lungs , my heart with the near failing aortic valve will be able to keep my body oxygenated enough

this is a grim time

I was wondering what the status was on your heart/valve replacement. I know you are an exercise guy, fit and strong. I have confidence you will be just fine, my thoughts are with you.

Ülev
03-16-2020, 07:13 PM
https://youtu.be/kMTNc2HkrxA

Mopi Licinius Crassus
03-16-2020, 07:37 PM
I was wondering what the status was on your heart/valve replacement. I know you are an exercise guy, fit and strong. I have confidence you will be just fine, my thoughts are with you.

looks like the opp will be postponed maybe until next year. it will be impossible for me to have the opp during the crisis which may last most of this year
i'm asymptomatic and hopefully will stay that way for another year , so should be ok

boris johnson has just stated people over 70 and those with certain health conditions (such as cardiovascular) should self isolate from the weekend for 12 weeks.
so this will be my last week in work for quite a while

i live on my own, so im gonna get lonely for sure....my mum and dad are already self isolating. my kid brother (23) who lve with them has moved out and into a friends place, so he cant infect my parents

these are harsh times

what happened in china at the end of last year should have been a warning to the west....we didnt take it seriously

Roy
03-16-2020, 08:11 PM

I find it quite silly, but better sad than sorry I guess. We do everything that we can to avoid being second Italy. That place where I take fencing lessons can contain maybe 30 people max at a time so in theory the ban was not absolutely certain.

Ylla
03-16-2020, 08:28 PM
https://youtu.be/wHdl4kvwpD8
----
I was going to visit my parents but I'll have to wait.
Someone upstairs (another department) where my husband works tested positive on Thursday all they said is to disinfect the desks 🤦🏻my husband has been allowed to work from home until further notice because he has a vulnerable family member (myself-pregnant) everyone else has to go in they held a meeting and told everyone business as usual.

Aldaris
03-16-2020, 08:29 PM

Waiting lines, cableways and restaurants, maybe? Those droplet infections are contagious as hell. One unfortunate sneeze and you're in aswell.

Hithaeglir
03-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Not much really, just being sick for 5 days last week but I am back to work, the only thing is that people book appointments more than ever as they think in the next few weeks they might not be able to go out of their house. Especially people that have pets with long term conditions. People requesting longer prescriptions that you can’t offer them. Making sure they buy extra food. Toilet paper like hysteria :p

Ljubic
03-16-2020, 08:56 PM
No driving with public transport so im stuck with car and traffic. When it gets worse it propaböy will end up in home office.

brennus dux gallorum
03-16-2020, 09:06 PM
Waiting lines, cableways and restaurants, maybe? Those droplet infections are contagious as hell. One unfortunate sneeze and you're in aswell.

Cableways and waiting lines are the main problem, restaurants could close without this preventing the rest of the resort from working, I have experienced it more than once.

The Lawspeaker
03-16-2020, 09:18 PM
I'm staying in so I have to keep myself busy (thankfully I have plenty of books to read) and I had to cancel my fiancee's visit for the summer because of the bureaucracy involved we should have already sent the request for permission to leave the country to her employer. Plus - I am worried as f.. about her. I also post-phoned my own enrolment. Supplies for now are not a problem but I will have to support my fiancee and her family from my savings because things aren't very well arranged there so this is going to be a millstone for both of us. So - the door is locked and nobody is going in. Supplies are ordered on a weekly basis and dropped off at the door. Everything is on hold.

Smeagol
03-16-2020, 09:27 PM
I just went to a restaurant for lunch today. No problem at all. People are overreacting.

Incal
03-16-2020, 09:27 PM
Quarantine for 15 days here... unlike most people I will have to work... it sucks lol

Aldaris
03-16-2020, 09:40 PM
Cableways and waiting lines are the main problem, restaurants could close without this preventing the rest of the resort from working, I have experienced it more than once.

Yeah. For example, if this current stuff was a form of hepatitis, restaurants might be closed while the rest of the resort working normally. But this case is different. Any large gathering of people, in theory, leads to a higher spread. So, that's why those are closed.

Div
03-16-2020, 10:01 PM
Was doing some reps at the gym and someone coughed so I left..

Celestia
03-16-2020, 10:28 PM
Houston will be closing down it’s restaurants and bars starting tomorrow for 15 days.

Oneeye
03-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Store shelves are getting bare... just trying to feed a family with normal shopping is becoming difficult thanks to the hysteria

oh-nahhh
03-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Not dead yet.

Cumansky
03-16-2020, 10:50 PM
I have to rent new place for summer months, is affecting my Kijiji search

Óttar
03-16-2020, 11:03 PM
The stock market is about to take out 2018 lows. The Coronavirus spread because illegal wildlife meat merchants set up illegal wildlife markets where they literally trap any animal that moves (snakes, turtles, wildcats, bears, you name it) and sell it for meat. The Chinese government needs to ruthlessly execute anyone operating, aiding, and abetting these "wet markets" as soon as possible.

MsSPF
03-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Tomorrow at 12pm, if we want to go out, we will need an authorization
Home office this week for me, then temporary unemployment during at least 1 month... maybe more if the crisis does not stopped!

GREAT!

coolfrenchguy
03-16-2020, 11:16 PM
well as i live in the parisianer suburb in a residential area,on the opposite of the other north western department ,where the most cases have been declared,i'am far to be in contact of past 50 years elders,as i practice the vegan pastafarism since a while i don't need to get out frequently,i walk for my supplies ,avoiding the bus since 3 weeks not so far like 2 kms, i shop just before the closure(less people) in a middle size supermarket and saturday it was "desert" almost empty ,and it was empty of pastas but not of rice,strangely,but as i have a stock not a real problem on short term,in the anglo countries people turn panico-parano-hysterical,in australia a guy was tased for toilet paper,sure than talking of the COVID-19,i made an OD of COVID-19
every fucking minute on the loop on the info networks,some really misinformed people snap a cable,it's at least an (big?) epidemic but we are very far from a real pandemic
i have essential oils of :
-#1 ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora)(Jassim and Naji, 2003,Wang, Wei and Liu,2004, Lee, Hyun and Kim,2006 ,1-8 cineol (the ravintsara have 70 %))
ARM coronaviruses killer/protector as preventive
-niaouli
-tea tree
-eucalyptus globulus
-laurus nobilis
i haven't now but you could add citrus extract ,peptids are viricides
Jones JC, Turpin EA, Bultmann H, Brandt CR, Schultz-Cherry S.
Inhibition of influenza virus infection by a novel antiviral peptide that targets viral attachment to cells. J Virol. 2006 Sep 27
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061212214503.htm

this group above are virus and bacteria killers
with
-ashawagandha(Withania somnifera),support people with cancers and chimiotherapy
-astragalus extand your life by the telomerase process,against aging process
-garlic/co-enzym Q10,garlic is a bacteria killer,co-enzym Q10 against aging process.cardio
-red chili spice powder,capscaîcin
-curcuma/origan
some stuff like a rest of bottle of garana,gingko biloba the oldest tree on earth of 270 millions years,maca,tribullus terrestris,fenugrec,various vitamins complex/combos/EPA-DHA/resveratrol,not really essentials for fighting viruses ,aschwagandha having better benefit/price/content ratio than resveratrol,resveratrol being a bit too expensive for the results,resverastrol is that you find in the wine, i recommand you too to stay away of the so called KETO diet,very popular in the US since sometimes,meaning cetogenic,it's a diet used by the masaîs,inuits,native americans and amerindians,and couldn't fit modern westernised individuals and there needs,very dangerous,it should even been completly forbidden for the simple reason than with this diet you could DIE

carefull because we are sure of anything,it could mutate too and something valuable yesterday could been no more efficient a week later,indeed i'am skeptical,i wonder if it is not a kind of weaponized origin who had escape to there control,i'am not conspirationnist usually, but they don't said all the truth,H5N1 ,SRAS,now COVID-19 all from china,or asia,does i remember you than the popular republic of china is still a dictatorship marxist/maoist state where your human rights are barely existing,it's weird it's just a few weeks after the hong kong protests,first case the 17 of november,end of the protests december , by the fault of these fucking marxists people die!
could be related maybe?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Wenliang

JosephK
03-16-2020, 11:17 PM
I work in the public health field and now all I'm doing is trying to answer stupid questions and put out information to try to stop people freaking out. We've had to put all our normal work away and just concentrate on this. I just want to tell people to leave us alone and follow CDC (in the US) or WHO guidance, we don't know anything more than they do!

Daco Celtic
03-16-2020, 11:26 PM
better hand washing

https://i.imgur.com/5V3fNkz.jpg

coolfrenchguy
03-17-2020, 12:42 AM
it's exagerated,they inject fear and paranoïa in the mind of people,indeed the com' is very bad especially from the WHO, it's just a big flu who target low immune system individuals over 50 years with co-diseases,nothing more,if you are not immuno deficient and you are carefull there isn't particular risks,in france they have shut down the schools, from now until the spring/easter holidays,americans are fucking hypocrits,it's just now than they shut down their airports than 2 or 3 days ago UK wasn't closed to the US,and now suddenly UK and Ireland and the EU is shut,how many days these fucking marxists have takes for closing there fucking aiports,plenty of people, starting by this vade retro satanas "far-right" to the eyes of these democrato-demago lefties,had warn straight to the point "shut the borders!",and what it was the answer : "a virus don't know the borders",yeah great thanks for your bullshits, but these fucking carriers,yes,especially if they came from the third world with shitty immune system like in sub-sahara
but the globalised buisness first,one of the first thing to do is to put soldiers and cops at the borders,airport/train/boat gates with medical control,and to block people to trespass and shutting the borders,it's not fucking complicated,hopefully it's not Marburg or Ebola, in this epidemic a lot of human errors have been made,these assholes of italians had mingle sicken people with healthy people,great, now over than 1000 dead in italy,where a good part were could been avoided,we don't live in a world of CARE BEARS
you don't rapatriate sicken people, you treated them on place,it's sad but it's like this it should work,than it's pleasing you or not,use brain with muscles in synchronicity,not seperatly, there is limits to everything,specially to human dumberness

1R0N M4N XL
03-17-2020, 12:44 AM
NYC will be on lockdown soon, schools, public assembly, travel will be closed.

two people in my dads jobs have coronavirus.

Celestia
03-17-2020, 05:01 AM
My bf just flew back in from NY so I'm quarantining his ass for a week.

The Lawspeaker
03-17-2020, 05:07 AM
My bf just flew back in from NY so I'm quarantining his ass for a week.

Make it 24 days.

Celestia
03-17-2020, 05:08 AM
Make it 24 days.

haha I can't go that long without him

The Lawspeaker
03-17-2020, 05:11 AM
haha I can't go that long without him

It's either that or potentially an early grave - if you're both unlucky. I think 24 days is preferable ? Don't you agree ?

Celestia
03-17-2020, 05:20 AM
It's either that or potentially an early grave - if you're both unlucky. I think 24 days is preferable ? Don't you agree ?

welp if we go out, we're gonna go out together

catgeorge
03-17-2020, 07:24 AM
Got kids at home - all four of them......im going to quarantine them in the garage any minute.

Lucas
03-17-2020, 11:12 AM
I found this map

https://editor.giscloud.com/map/1199029/coronavirus-global-cases

https://i.imgur.com/Amjrq11.png

Bosniensis
03-17-2020, 11:16 AM
I have just requested a VPN access to my corporation so I can work from home.

I never done it before, but my job is to try my best to reduce exposure to possible Corona people.

pajkosbalna
03-17-2020, 11:21 AM
I found this map

Its not very accurate in case of Hungary but the concept is good

Petros Houhoulis
03-17-2020, 11:27 AM

We got rid of the passengers and we are sailing alone. Expected to spend more than a month at sea after I had sex for the last time in Pattaya at February 24, soon after midnight...

Dunai
03-17-2020, 11:34 AM
The only thing that changed is I can't travel around anymore, but overall everything is chill from my perspective. The people I worry about the most are those who have to pay rent and are on forced vacation with no or very little payment. Hope UBI will finally become one of the key economic solutions, and on the table of major politicians and CEOs, because I don't see how otherwise will the working class survive this.

Ülev
03-17-2020, 12:38 PM
I found this map

Comparing the size of the two countries, the head of state said that it is Belarus that should be scared of the huge Russia spreading the virus to it. “Yesterday, the Russian prime minister said that they were on fire. They did not give all the information to the media. The situation is difficult there. We should be worried about the situation. Why are you afraid of Belarus? The situation here is under control and we take it very seriously. Let's do it together. No, they have closed the border. Well, this is their decision,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said.

and some care more than their government
РФС объявил о приостановке всех футбольных соревнований в России / RFU announced the suspension of all football competitions in Russia
https://www.mk.ru/sport/2020/03/17/rfs-obyavil-o-priostanovke-vsekh-futbolnykh-sorevnovaniy-v-rossii.html

Petros Houhoulis
03-17-2020, 01:39 PM

You shouldn't have flipped. I am always calm whenever I point out that you are a moron who spreads his stupidity in this forum. In the end of the day neither your stupidity nor coronavirus is going to have an effect in my real life.

Ülev
03-17-2020, 01:43 PM
impacted even the raccoons

https://youtu.be/g2z99Y-D3zI

RandomGuy20
03-17-2020, 02:16 PM
Its made acquiring toilet paper difficult lol. Local basketball stadiums have also been closed.

Faklon
03-17-2020, 03:38 PM
I can find parking spots in main streets, I'm making diy antiseptics and I wash my hands now and then.

Faklon
03-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Here's the offcial WHO antispetic recipe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK144054/

I know of a subhuman pharmacist who uses 70% alcohol because it is cheaper and makes around 500 eu per day.

Bosniensis
03-17-2020, 04:24 PM
This isolation will carry some difficult challenges ....

https://i.imgur.com/hji5OFj.png

pajkosbalna
03-17-2020, 04:38 PM
The only thing that changed is I can't travel around anymore, but overall everything is chill from my perspective. The people I worry about the most are those who have to pay rent and are on forced vacation with no or very little payment. Hope UBI will finally become one of the key economic solutions, and on the table of major politicians and CEOs, because I don't see how otherwise will the working class survive this.

Same here. I think there is gonna be a huge problem in the working class if the state or bigger companies dont intervene. There are many friends around me who could be in a very unpleasing situation very soon if that does not happen.
Avg families dont have savings for more than weeks.

Viridian1
03-17-2020, 04:51 PM
It is getting more close. My friend from another town is in quarantaine.

Ülev
03-17-2020, 04:56 PM
Why Do Bats Carry So Many Diseases? (like Coronavirus)
4.125.872 visninger
•4. aug. 2014

https://youtu.be/Ao0dqJvH4a0

KMack
03-17-2020, 04:56 PM
Everything is closed, bars, restaurants (carry out is allowed), schools, universities, gyms/recreation centers, etc.
All of the pro sports are shut down, basketball, baseball, hockey, futbol.

Faklon
03-17-2020, 05:15 PM
Same here. I think there is gonna be a huge problem in the working class if the state or bigger companies dont intervene. There are many friends around me who could be in a very unpleasing situation very soon if that does not happen.

You may see strange things indeed.

Imagine if working class turns to stealing or robbers pretending to have Corona so none can touch them.

щрбл
03-17-2020, 05:48 PM
I found this map

Turkey having so few sick people is actually laughable, especially while having Iran with a full blown pandemic next to it.
They are probably lying like the chinks to make more moneys at the expense of their own citizen.

Celestia
03-17-2020, 06:33 PM
2 of my family friends have been laid off until further notice :-/

pajkosbalna
03-17-2020, 06:40 PM
You may see strange things indeed.

Imagine if working class turns to stealing or robbers pretending to have Corona so none can touch them.

They will touch them despite possible corona im sure.

JosephK
03-17-2020, 06:45 PM
A lot of people who would normally be at work are out on the beach today.

Lioncourt
03-17-2020, 06:48 PM
They will touch them despite possible corona im sure.

The question is would there be enough police to touch them if police is commanded to patrol the streets and ask citizens if they have good reason to be outside. Crime rate would surely go up, and become a problem as big as coronavirus.

Dunai
03-17-2020, 08:05 PM

Without the working class in the current Capitalist system minors and seniors would barely survive, if at all, so our governments need to be the protectors of the citizens that delegated them to be their democratic representatives. For too long governments almost everywhere only made rules and regulations in the service of the tiny wealthy elite, so yeah, it may sound revolutionary to many (since most people were conditioned to not question the current financial system), but some aggressive reforms need to be implemented, and very soon. In Hungary I have almost no real trust in the government that finally they might do something for the benefit of the larger population.

Crnagoraurus
03-17-2020, 08:09 PM
0 cases here so far

pajkosbalna
03-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Without the working class in the current Capitalist system minors and seniors would barely survive, if at all, so our governments need to be the protectors of the citizens that delegated them to be their democratic representatives. For too long governments almost everywhere only made rules and regulations in the service of the tiny wealthy elite, so yeah, it may sound revolutionary to many (since most people were conditioned to not question the current financial system), but some aggressive reforms need to be implemented, and very soon. In Hungary I have almost no real trust in the government that finally they might do something for the benefit of the larger population.

Nicely summed, agreed.

pajkosbalna
03-17-2020, 08:32 PM
The question is would there be enough police to touch them if police is commanded to patrol the streets and ask citizens if they have good reason to be outside. Crime rate would surely go up, and become a problem as big as coronavirus.

Hopefully there would be enough, depends on the gov since they pay them.

Crime rate will increase for sure, based on seeing how people starting to hate each other and be mean with each other over just a fucking piece of toilet paper when they have plenty to eat besides, I have no doubt.

Mraz
03-17-2020, 10:27 PM
I won't work 3 weeks and have to limit social contacts, travels, all the stores in Belgium will be closed except for food.

KirillMazur
03-18-2020, 12:28 AM
Frank Klepacki’s concert is due to take place on May 23 in Moscow, and two of my friends and I have already bought tickets. They can cancel it, although there is still a lot of time before this date. The concert should be about the same as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ArbE0bEQQ

Daco Celtic
03-18-2020, 01:25 AM
Haven't had the same access to high grade sough dough bread, prosciutto, and organic arugula and artichokes. Charcuterie is taking a hit.

Oneeye
03-18-2020, 01:31 AM
Kids bumped up from two weeks out of school to 6... Seen patients testing for coronavirus... bars, restaurants, etc. Closed.

Historyinterest
03-18-2020, 02:20 AM
Quarantaine sucks... and yes that's an understatement.
Wonder how long the govs/economy can keep up with this

Wegner
03-18-2020, 11:48 PM
It is making me glad that I bought a 30-roll pack of TP at Costco BEFORE the madness started. That much toilet paper lasts me at least a year.

Kaspias
03-20-2020, 02:00 PM
My family is in Greece, i'm in Turkey, borders are closed.

Petros Houhoulis
03-20-2020, 02:33 PM
My family is in Greece, i'm in Turkey, borders are closed.

Just stay there. I'd love watching the news and eating popcorn when everybody realizes that you lost control of the situation.

Smaland
03-20-2020, 02:37 PM
For anyone who lives in an American city with a WinCo Foods supermarket: at the WinCo that I go to, they sell empty blue plastic water bottles. Next to the bottles is a station where you can fill the bottle with a gallon of water. A bottle costs 48 cents, and a gallon of water costs 30c.

For as long as it lasts, this is a way to get water even if the regular bottled water is sold out.

Kaspias
03-20-2020, 02:41 PM
Just stay there. I'd love watching the news and eating popcorn when everybody realizes that you lost control of the situation.

I will stay here till the end of this shit.

oh-nahhh
03-20-2020, 03:11 PM
the world is possed

Oghuz
03-20-2020, 03:45 PM
I got more busy which is good.

Finnish Swede
03-20-2020, 03:46 PM
As said bit earlier, I was planning to return Finland now beginning of April but I made a decision to stay in here (Sweden) for the time begings. Finland closed all the borders yesterday. As I'm also citizen of Finland .... despite of that action I could always get back into Finland. I'm just too worried about long travelling periods (train, ferry etc.). My grandparents also said that they are more than happy if I'll stay here bit longer.

Now I will not graduate this spring :rolleyes2:. I contacted to my studying/degree place ... if the situation will become normal at summer time ... I will try to pass the the missing/last 3 exams by then and graduate at the end of summer. If not, then againg autumn etc. Luckily they were very flexible on that.

I will not either go to any summer job this summer. I will reseve enough time for those exams and then work on my family's farm (after I have returned to Finland).

Maintenance
03-20-2020, 04:00 PM
As said bit earlier, I was planning to return Finland now beginning of April but I made a decision to stay in here (Sweden) for the time begings. Finland closed all the borders yesterday. As I'm also citizen of Finland .... despite of that action I could always get back into Finland. I'm just too worried about long travelling periods (train, ferry etc.). My grandparents also said that they are more than happy if I'll stay here bit longer.

Now I will not graduate this spring :rolleyes2:. I contacted to my studying/degree place ... if the situation will become normal at summer time ... I will try to pass the the missing/last 3 exams by then and graduate at the end of summer. If not, then againg autumn etc. Luckily they were very flexible on that.

I will not either go to any summer job this summer. I will reseve enough time for those exams and then work on my family's farm (after I have returned to Finland).

Last week i was thinking of taking the boat over to finland xD

Vojnik
03-20-2020, 04:05 PM
Not sure if this counts. But I fear it, not for getting it myself, but for my Mum who has a very very low immune system after having a organ transplant. And also for my grandparents.

Ford
03-20-2020, 04:07 PM
Quarantaine sucks... and yes that's an understatement.
Wonder how long the govs/economy can keep up with this

This will lead to an economic collapse. Ironically it will do more damage than what the virus ever could.

alpha.ghot
03-20-2020, 04:12 PM
In Pakistan offices, schools, colleges, universities are closed. All kinds of exams were cancelled. There is ban on any kind of gathering or ceremony. All kinds of transport is minimal.

CommonSense
03-20-2020, 04:13 PM
Not going to lie, it's downright shitty. There's a curfew here in effect and you can't leave the house after 8 PM or you'll be fined. I'm forced to spend the entire day listening to my mother panic about how she's going to end up dead from the virus.

Finnish Swede
03-20-2020, 04:13 PM
Last week i was thinking of taking the boat over to finland xD

Yes. Situation is still much better in Finland vs here in Sweden (just 1/4 of cases, none died yet, Finland's politicians & healthy care system have taken more pro-active attitudes .... for example they have reserved more resources and bed places (because of possible epedemic).Nope, Finland is not always behind.

Lousianaboy
03-20-2020, 04:31 PM
my mom is in Mexico City and im alone in other city and I can't go to supermarket time eating supplements

Ymyyakhtakh
03-20-2020, 04:52 PM
I feel vindicated, because 6 weeks ago when I started stocking up on food, I felt like people were looking at me like I was crazy, but now the shelves are empty.

It's going to be even funnier if this will lead up to WW3 and global depopulation like I have written about. You'll all be sorry for not having thumbed up my posts.

Celestia
03-20-2020, 05:18 PM
There is rumor Houston will be on lock-down for two weeks starting on Monday.

Incal
03-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Not sure if this counts. But I fear it, not for getting it myself, but for my Mum who has a very very low immune system after having a organ transplant. And also for my grandparents.

Believe me, most people I know are worried about the same.

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2020, 05:53 PM
Coach and rail companies in Britain have already announced they're reducing their services (in some cases quite drastically) from Monday onwards, which could impact on me quite badly as I don't drive and am self-employed.

Dick
03-20-2020, 05:56 PM
It sucks

Bosniensis
03-20-2020, 05:56 PM
It sucks

Some of your activities interrupted?

Dick
03-20-2020, 06:09 PM
Some of your activities interrupted?

I ran out of toilet paper

Ülev
03-20-2020, 06:10 PM
I fight the threat with all my might

https://a.uguu.se/FzQVBNFkC6oZ.jpg

Ford
03-20-2020, 06:10 PM

Bro, let's start a bidet business.

Wegner
03-21-2020, 04:27 AM
I went to Lidl instead of Costco for groceries, because Costco was a madhouse. I'd never been to Lidl before. I managed to score 4 rolls of paper towel! (I have plenty of TP). I was pretty impressed with Lidl, same concept as Aldi but the Lidl store seems a bit bigger.

coolfrenchguy
03-21-2020, 05:13 AM
I went to Lidl instead of Costco for groceries, because Costco was a madhouse. I'd never been to Lidl before. I managed to score 4 rolls of paper towel! (I have plenty of TP). I was pretty impressed with Lidl, same concept as Aldi but the Lidl store seems a bit bigger.
ouch! Lidl? Aldi? the worse of the hard discounters ,especially Lidl,damn where did you live for finding these stores and there shitty food

KuriousKatKommittee
03-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Y'all normie niggas act like the end of the world just because you can't go to your wagie cagies or fuck like rabbits in the club for one minute. I'm OCD/introvert and shit and this my average day. Welcome to my life, dawg.

Haven't had the same access to high grade sough dough bread, prosciutto, and organic arugula and artichokes. Charcuterie is taking a hit.
Niggas can't access that good shit. This the real apocalypse. #FAX

organic arugula
My nigga.

Store shelves are getting bare... just trying to feed a family with normal shopping is becoming difficult thanks to the hysteria
Preach it. I have emergency sardine, tuna, and organic brown pasta stocked but can't get any of that organic salmon bliss because hysteric boomers shut down society. Smh.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/43d99c468db624de4119bec826985645/tenor.gif?itemid=4944531

Grace O'Malley
03-21-2020, 05:22 AM
This Coronavirus is affecting everyone's lives. No toilet paper like others have said and lots of empty shelves because of people needlessly panic buying. Also now you can only pay for things by card, most places aren't accepting cash. Many people at work are now working from home. I'm expecting that this will happen to me possibly next week. This sort of thing is unprecedented and we are only just getting a taste of it. The repercussions will be huge from this. The economy is going to take a big hit and jobs are going to be lost. This will affect Government coffers for years. Many people will lose loved ones especially their older relatives. I'm still finding this all a bit surreal.

Celine
03-21-2020, 05:24 AM
I just can't do it anymore...

Grace O'Malley
03-21-2020, 05:48 AM
The stock market is about to take out 2018 lows. The Coronavirus spread because illegal wildlife meat merchants set up illegal wildlife markets where they literally trap any animal that moves (snakes, turtles, wildcats, bears, you name it) and sell it for meat. The Chinese government needs to ruthlessly execute anyone operating, aiding, and abetting these "wet markets" as soon as possible.

I really hope some good comes out of this and that those wet markets are shut down. I'm not hopeful though.

Daco Celtic
03-21-2020, 06:02 AM
I had to get medium cheddar instead of my usual sharp cheddar. #SmallPriceToPay

Wegner
03-21-2020, 06:04 AM
ouch! Lidl? Aldi? the worse of the hard discounters ,especially Lidl,damn where did you live for finding these stores and there shitty food

Both Lidl and Aldi are in the middle-atlantic states of the USA. Aldi has been in the Chicago, Illinois area since at least the 1980s.

EDIT: In the USA--although Lidl and Aldi mainly carry private-label items, these are usually made by the same companies that make name-brand items.

coolfrenchguy
03-21-2020, 06:19 AM
There is rumor Houston will be on lock-down for two weeks starting on Monday.

welcome in the club,in france it's turning into a fascist totalitarian state,with a curfiew of at 8PM for one town in the south of france but for france is special
i will explain how is working a republic

the laws are purposed by the assembly,in that case an exceptional measure,the senat read and vote the
law or the decret and resend the law to the assembly for a second read,indeed the USA way of working and france,or any democratic republic are very similar in some aspects
now the main power dispatch the way of work to the civilian police and different forces ,like for ex from the white house to the state senators
we have a kind of super-cop chief who is supervising by departments the forces,but something could been apply in one department where isn't in the other ones and at
the end chain the mayors and the municipalities,same a mayor could apply a directive but,the town next-door couldn't

recap :

-national
-regional
-departemental
-municipal

in the USA,i think if i'am right
-the white house
-there is no regional because the US being a federal country
-the states with the senators
-the towns ,the munipalities with the mayors
but as the EU is not really working on the same model,being not a federal supra-state it's at the lowest scales,in a federal state like germany of austria or a constitutional monarchy it's almost the same,indeed i prefer Ursula von der Leyen,the president of the EU, to herr Macron,less autocratic,and being herself epidemiologist, more graduated,and to this son of a bitch of jean-claude Junker,she is clearly better for now

and in the last resort after a view towards the constitution and what is democratic or not
(if it's still a piece of democraty in there),the army forces and the coercitive manu militari means,the national guard in the US,but for now it's just the restriction of moves called also containment,i call this jailtime and my virtual electronic bip bip ankle brace

coolfrenchguy
03-21-2020, 06:48 AM
Both Lidl and Aldi are in the middle-atlantic states of the USA. Aldi has been in the Chicago, Illinois area since at least the 1980s.

stay away from these radioactive junk-food dealers,now i understand why americans have diabete,heart problem condition etc,and are overweight:lidl,damn lidl,it's the worse of the supermarket,doesn't Aldi and walmart supercenter better? it seems than you haven't a lot of choices in the US,ALDI is not very well implanted in france, it's more in germany ,netherlands and belgium

Wegner
03-21-2020, 06:59 AM
As far as I can tell, Aldi and Lidl are competitors and have very similar products. Only reason I went to Lidl is because I wanted to go to Costco and they had a line to get in, so I went to Lidl instead (they are across the street).

Finnish Swede
03-21-2020, 07:45 AM
I really hope some good comes out of this and that those wet markets are shut down. I'm not hopeful though.

As lots of (office) people are working via homes now (''forced to '' .... using Skype, Teams etc. todays ''tools'') ... if they now succeed on that someway ok ... after this epidemic is over ... we might evidence a trend that more people will homeworking/teleworking vs time before corona virus. Some companies/firms/employers might see here potentials of cost savings.

Grace O'Malley
03-21-2020, 10:49 AM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/87617390_3418705754810155_6123330493040558080_o.pn g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=JylRmTpzkssAX_nkbwF&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=0634f0f33cfb1e41d88a98beffca7449&oe=5E9C64DC

Finnish Swede
03-21-2020, 11:06 AM
This Coronavirus is affecting everyone's lives. No toilet paper like others have said and lots of empty shelves because of people needlessly panic buying. Also now you can only pay for things by card, most places aren't accepting cash. Many people at work are now working from home. I'm expecting that this will happen to me possibly next week. This sort of thing is unprecedented and we are only just getting a taste of it. The repercussions will be huge from this. The economy is going to take a big hit and jobs are going to be lost. This will affect Government coffers for years. Many people will lose loved ones especially their older relatives. I'm still finding this all a bit surreal.

The World where we will wake up after this will not look totally same. This will gonna have some impacts/influences...

My parents have worked via home already one week. If this will continue much longer my mother might become layoffs (temporary) ... in any cases she probably will keep hers holidays first. My dad hardly so. Of course who knows what will be all outcomes of all this. Luckily they have that farm, but this uncertain situation even influences on it.

Grace O'Malley
03-21-2020, 11:23 AM
The World where we will wake up after this will not look totally same. This will gonna have some impacts/influences...

My parents have worked via home already one week. If this will continue much longer my mother might become layoffs (temporary) ... in any cases she probably will keep hers holidays first. My dad hardly so. Of course who knows what will be all outcomes of all this. Luckily they have that farm, but this uncertain situation even influences on it.

This is going to have lots of impact. Companies will go out of business if this situation lasts too long. You need people working to pay taxes so it's a bit of a worry for everyone even without the health problems. Some people are going to be really hit financially. I just hope they get this thing under control relatively quickly and it doesn't take 6 months. I guess we'll see how China goes as they appear to be now getting less cases. You wouldn't want to be going through this type of situation every few years. That's for sure. In the end people's health is the most important.

Finnish Swede
03-21-2020, 12:17 PM
This is going to have lots of impact. Companies will go out of business if this situation lasts too long. You need people working to pay taxes so it's a bit of a worry for everyone even without the health problems. Some people are going to be really hit financially. I just hope they get this thing under control relatively quickly and it doesn't take 6 months. I guess we'll see how China goes as they appear to be now getting less cases. You wouldn't want to be going through this type of situation every few years. That's for sure. In the end people's health is the most important.

I was first pretty uncertain about Finland's new government (which started 10th of December 2019).

But actually these women have gotten lots of done now in very short period. And even made big/hard decisions....

https://www.kansanuutiset.fi/images/4183046-759x500.jpg

All the matters (below) have been pretty good level vs most of the countries (Nordic model), but now all them have been ''boosted'' even more because of this corona virus.
* How to use Nation's money.
* How to support companies, firms, bussiness men now to survive (and also help them not to lay off or fire employees as easily).
* How to support citizens who become laid off or fired.
* How to prepare healthy care system to face corona epedemic.

Plus
* She closed schools, borders etc. earlier vs Sweden ... even as Finland had 1/4 of virus cases vs Sweden.
* Now she is planning to limit peoples travallings (inside of Finland)... as Eastern holidays are coming. Mainly from Helsinki area/south cost (where most of virus cases have been) to rest of the country/country sides.

Yes, she has been quite ''tough'' woman, not question hers decisions and has stood behind of those.

https://images.almatalent.fi/cx169,cy0,cw2666,ch2000,650x/https://assets.almatalent.fi/image/6da20915-a009-5d37-8a91-314d48a5f152

Lemminkäinen
03-21-2020, 12:39 PM
I am over 70, live at home and make daily runs along the seaside pathways. Here is a very instructive article about this epidemic. Worth of reading if you want to understand what is going on.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

Dandelion
03-21-2020, 12:49 PM

Not to accidentally infect elderly or weak.

brennus dux gallorum
03-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Not to accidentally infect elderly or weak.

That used to be my only fear, until 1 week ago :)

Sadly there are even young people with no underlying health problems who have died

The only thing we can do is consuming vitamin c supplements :D

Finnish Swede
03-21-2020, 01:14 PM
I wonder are some people/humans genetically more weak and opposite some more resistance/strong against this new corona virus? Personally I could imagine so (as that uses to be one element of all life and part of surviving). Now then, what should we think about those kind of genes ... all you (cheap) DNA tests experts and PCA-picture gurus here ... no matter of possible orgin of those. Superior or inferior?

Magnolia
03-21-2020, 01:35 PM
I am not used to be 24/7 at home... so yes, it impacts my life a lot.
I hope a vaccine or a cure will be developed soon. We need to protect older and weak people but to exist in this mode is not possible for long time.

Lemminkäinen
03-21-2020, 01:44 PM
I wonder are some people/humans genetically more weak and opposite some more resistance/strong against this new corona virus? Personally I could imagine so (as that uses to be one element of all life and part of surviving). Now then, what should we think about those kind of genes ... all you (cheap) DNA tests experts and PCA-picture gurus here ... no matter of possible orgin of those. Superior or inferior?

There is a genome region at the 6th chromosome wich impacts to our resistance, but all commercial actors are vety careful with it and usually exclude it out of the data.

brennus dux gallorum
03-21-2020, 01:44 PM

It's a little more simple, some people have stronger immune systems than others

Annie999
03-21-2020, 02:03 PM
All kindergartens, schools and universities have closed for now. All events were suspended and shops closed except pharmacies and supermarkets. Many workplaces sent their staff to work from home, my husband included.

Finnish Swede
03-21-2020, 02:15 PM
There is a genome region at the 6th chromosome wich impacts to our resistance, but all commercial actors are vety careful with it and usually exclude it out of the data.

Oh, that data would be great to see.

Annihilus
03-21-2020, 02:27 PM

We all have slightly different immune systems, In this case virusses help with evolution by means of elimination.

Lemminkäinen
03-21-2020, 02:42 PM
Oh, that data would be great to see.

There was years ago, maybe 10 years, on dedicated forums statistics made by forumites, but I have not seen later. In general, searching such contexts is advanced science calling for big computers to run analyses. We only searched regional haplotypes. All genes linked to survival are really strong and stable, because the evolutionary impact is also strong, so the variation is less prone to be random. We found two main haplotypes, Eurasian and African. Interestingly some European had the African type, including me, lol.

Edit

Oh, I recalled wrong, but it has gone ten years. I had South European parallels at the HLA-region and my African haplotype was at X-chromosome.

Dandelion
03-21-2020, 03:07 PM
I hope a vaccine or a cure will be developed soon. We need to protect older and weak people but to exist in this mode is not possible for long time.

I just hope people will keep the economies in the world afloat and panic won't make people to cause the harbours to shut down or the manufacturing industries. If it turns dire I'm afraid the government might need to force people to work like a draft.

frankhammer
03-21-2020, 03:58 PM

Would you place your life in the hands of those who rushed a vaccine for a virus that has little real effect on the vast majority of people? That seems a little irresponsible too don't you think?

Finnish Swede
03-21-2020, 04:02 PM
We all have slightly different immune systems, In this case virusses help with evolution by means of elimination.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Sorry. It was more like rhetorical question :) ... just putting thoughts to minds of some people who are (wrong ways) proud of their own genetics .... based on ethnic background, DNA tests, PCA pictures.

Ülev
03-21-2020, 04:29 PM
Russia

https://youtu.be/tSN-mXQkrRw

oh-nahhh
03-21-2020, 06:00 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e4df3b45153d9bb28120c4eda24851fa/tenor.gif?itemid=12101909

War Chef
03-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Russia

https://youtu.be/tSN-mXQkrRw

Lol these are people who lost 20 million + in a big war. I think a couple thousand dying is NOTHING to them.

Div
03-22-2020, 12:46 AM
Plans have been back-set for God knows how long.

Incal
03-22-2020, 03:52 AM
Quarantine for 15 days here... unlike most people I will have to work... it sucks lol

Update: I won't have to work! Yaaayyyyy

Synapsid
03-22-2020, 04:01 AM
Update: I won't have to work! Yaaayyyyy

what's your work? Finance? Construction? I'm a grad student, I have to postpone my research.

Celestia
03-22-2020, 04:04 AM
Restaurants and bars are closed.
A lot of jobs are asking people to start working from home, including my mother.
My son and I are staying quarantined in the house. My boyfriend came back from New York a week ago so I’m making him stay away from us for a few more days just to be safe.
It’s been boring for the most part but I don’t know anyone personally who has the virus.

Annihilus
03-22-2020, 04:09 AM
Restaurants and bars are closed.
A lot of jobs are asking people to start working from home, including my mother.
My son and I are staying quarantined in the house. My boyfriend came back from New York a week ago so I’m making him stay away from us for a few more days just to be safe.
It’s been boring for the most part but I don’t know anyone personally who has the virus.

It is going to be hard but I hope you manage to stay clear till there is a vaccine available.

Ranger0075
03-22-2020, 04:13 AM
I just watched that movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYSyuuLk5g

Celestia
03-22-2020, 04:14 AM
It is going to be hard but I hope you manage to stay clear till there is a vaccine available.

yes it is. His father misses him, and I feel bad for not letting him see him but we need to be safe.

Aione
03-22-2020, 04:15 AM
I was living with my grandparents when schools started closing. I went to stay with my aunt and her husband so I could babysit their kids. Now that neither of them are working, the house seems very full and I'm worried about my granparents since they are elderly and at risk. I feel like I would be a lot more usefull to them in this current situation, but if I move back now I might put them at an even higher risk. I feel very conflicted. :noidea:

Annihilus
03-22-2020, 04:20 AM

I was looking for a movie to watch now that I am sick, looks good.

Aione
03-22-2020, 04:22 AM
yes it is. His father misses him, and I feel bad for not letting him see him but we need to be safe.

That really sucks. I hope you guys can all be reunited soon.

Aione
03-22-2020, 04:25 AM
I was looking for a movie to watch now that I am sick, looks good.

OMG you're brave! I've seen that movie but I couldn't even imagine being able to watch it NOW.

Incal
03-22-2020, 04:25 AM
what's your work? Finance? Construction? I'm a grad student, I have to postpone my research.

Tourism related.

Incal
03-22-2020, 04:27 AM

It's the more realistic you'll ever find regarding pandemics.

Celestia
03-22-2020, 04:27 AM
That really sucks. I hope you guys can all be reunited soon.

thank you:)

Ranger0075
03-22-2020, 04:30 AM
It's the more realistic you'll ever find regarding pandemics.

If in that movie civilians would buy tons of toilet papers then it would be ultra realistic

frankhammer
03-22-2020, 05:12 AM
If in that movie civilians would buy tons of toilet papers then it would be ultra realistic

A new benchmark has been set for reality in future pandemic movies... xD

Finnish Swede
03-22-2020, 06:49 AM
I was living with my grandparents when schools started closing. I went to stay with my aunt and her husband so I could babysit their kids. Now that neither of them are working, the house seems very full and I'm worried about my granparents since they are elderly and at risk. I feel like I would be a lot more usefull to them in this current situation, but if I move back now I might put them at an even higher risk. I feel very conflicted. :noidea:

I have bit similar situation. I have lived with my grandparents since beginning of November (Southern Sweden). My original plan was to return Finland now beginning of April. I still valued/considered the idea of moving back to Finland (because of virus) week ago.. For that I would need to use either airplane (small space), or train + ferry (both of these opposite takes many many hours). As virus arrived first to Sweden (and here has been much more cases vs Finland) ... the risk to get it while travelling into Finland just became too high (I could easily get it and bring it to my parents etc.). My grandparents also said to me that...
1.) they have loved my time here (giving more contents to their own life) ... and they hoped that I would stay here until the worse is over
2.) they said that it is much better (to them) that I can go shopping etc. behalf of them (they can stay home) vs they would need to do that by themselves.
3.) if they will get the virus, then they would most likely get it anyway .... no matter am I here or not.

I just hate the idea that I would infect them. So I try to be as carefull as possible.

Aione
03-22-2020, 07:31 AM
I have bit similar situation. I have lived with my grandparents since beginning of November (Southern Sweden). My original plan was to return Finland now beginning of April. I still valued/considered the idea of moving back to Finland (because of virus) week ago.. For that I would need to use either airplane (small space), or train + ferry (both of these opposite takes many many hours). As virus arrived first to Sweden (and here has been much more cases vs Finsland) ... the risk to get it while travelling into Finland just became too high (I could easily get it and bring it to my parents etc.). My grandparents also said to me that...
1.) they have loved my time here (giving more contents to their own life) ... and they hoped that I would stay here until the worse is over
2.) they said that it is much better (to them) that I can go shopping etc. behalf of them (they can stay home) vs they would need to do that by themselves.
3.) if they will get the virus, then they would most likely get it anyway .... no matter am I here or not.

I just hate the idea that I would infect them. So I try to be as carefull as possible.

My grandparents only live half an hour away. I think It would be best if I went back because then they'll have some one young and healthy to run errands for them while they stay safe inside. I asked my aunt about it but all she said was "do what you think is best" and shrugged. She keeps giving me chores to do, things her husband could do now that they are both home. Things she could even do herself while her husband watches the kids. Like is my presence really necessary here? I'm afraid I might offend them If I ask and my granparents are too polte to ask me to come back. It's so frustrating.

Graham
03-22-2020, 11:13 AM

Watches video, looks over laptop at news on tv, looks down at laptop, back up at news. hmmm time for another tea.

Vojnik
03-22-2020, 12:45 PM
My dear Victoria will be going into lockdown in the next 48 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2yUCW5kgGU

oh-nahhh
03-22-2020, 02:53 PM
People are being arrested for making jokes about covid-19 so you have to be very careful because they will treat it like a threat.

Finnish Swede
03-22-2020, 04:48 PM
One new thing .... I should start to order time for hairdresser ... but in this situation I will not do that. That chair is one real risks places if any.

Time to let hair growing even longer than it is ....

щрбл
03-23-2020, 11:25 AM
I'm dangerously low on paprika and am considering exposing myself out in the open to fill my hideout.
-_-

Wanderer
03-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Working from home today, and until further notice, due to the New Jersey governor's executive order. Working from home isn't too bad for me; it does have some advantages.

Ülev
03-23-2020, 11:57 AM
I have the most important question in my whole life. I was at the local shop today and saw toilet paper. Previously, one pack had 8 or more rolls, now I found with 6 rolls - such "inventors" in your countries too, or it is Polish thing?
:laugh:

Roy
03-23-2020, 12:42 PM
I have the most important question in my whole life. I was at the local shop today and saw toilet paper. Previously, one pack had 8 or more rolls, now I found with 6 rolls - such "inventors" in your countries too, or it is Polish thing?
:laugh:

It sounds revolutionary to me.

Petros Houhoulis
03-26-2020, 04:06 AM
I will stay here till the end of this shit.

How is the shit going?

Petros Houhoulis
03-26-2020, 04:12 AM

That ain't much of a help canine, you are still alive. Hopefully someone is going to deport you back to the shithole where you came from, where evolution is taking a more proper course...

Petros Houhoulis
03-26-2020, 04:24 AM

Bro, let's start a bidet business.

I am ready. Somebody find the blueprints for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km3xt49fHq4

Ranger0075
03-26-2020, 04:29 AM
Funny how Loki got 19 thumbs up just by creating this thread while I barely got 3 in the official coronavirus thread. I will call it racism.

Just saying...

Smaland
03-26-2020, 12:01 PM
For anyone who lives in an American city with a WinCo Foods supermarket: at the WinCo that I go to, they sell empty blue plastic water bottles. Next to the bottles is a station where you can fill the bottle with a gallon of water. A bottle costs 48 cents, and a gallon of water costs 30c.

For as long as it lasts, this is a way to get water even if the regular bottled water is sold out.

Update: the last time I went there, they had started to charge $6.58 for the plastic bottle. But I was able to find bottled water for 80c for a gallon-sized plastic bottle.

coolfrenchguy
03-26-2020, 05:57 PM
I'm dangerously low on paprika and am considering exposing myself out in the open to fill my hideout.
-_-
I still have curcuma,red chilli,various spices,garlic,start to be a bit low on fenugreek
the capsaïcin (8-méthyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonénamide),the active agent, is very good for killing microbs

frankhammer
03-27-2020, 05:24 AM
Best idea for 4 weeks off ever. And they may yet offer an extension.:thumb001:

Armenian Bishop
03-27-2020, 06:25 AM
I live in San Mateo County, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Bay Area Counties went into "Shelter In Place" and "Social Distancing" Protocols this month. "Shelter in Place" Protocols started on March 16th, while adamant "Social Distancing" Protocols were already being practiced at least a week earlier (and perhaps longer).

The situation will be reevaluated on April 7th, to determine what happens next. Essential Services are continue unabated, but we must avoid close contact, as much as possible, and people are advised to keep a 6 feet distance from those whom aren't in our normal living spaces.

I got information (from a reliable source) that the police cited a small group of friends in Southern California, with $400 Citations, because they failed to observe and practice the 6 feet distance rule, while congregating. But, I haven't heard or read anything like that in my local area.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Bay-Area-must-shelter-in-place-Only-15135014.php

The directive allows for people to go outside — and in fact, health officers encouraged people to run, hike and walk their dogs, as long as they do it alone or with close family, and keep 6 feet away from others. Trails and parks are open, but people cannot gather in groups. Recreation centers and clubhouses are closed.

Roy
03-27-2020, 06:04 PM
It's much quieter at night now. I live close to motorway.

jingorex
03-27-2020, 06:08 PM
Day 16 of quarantine in the USA...

https://i.postimg.cc/XYStf4Qp/that-feels-USA-2018-05-26-13-37-15-UTC.jpg

brennus dux gallorum
03-27-2020, 06:22 PM
Updated: i ran out of toilet paper, things are getting serious

Faklon
03-27-2020, 08:04 PM
It's much quiter at night now. I live close to motorway.

So true, I can sleep like 10 hours now and I really feel refreshed.

The air also feels better.

Finnish Swede
03-27-2020, 08:19 PM
I start to feel like one kind of adhd person (being too much inside) :bored0:.
Much too much energy inside. I cycled today (exercise bike) 20km ... making few short ''interval type'' trainings in the between.

Oghuz
03-27-2020, 08:25 PM
I had to fly 4 times (two trips) while not eating anything on plane or in waiting lounges while being extra careful about not touching anything or anyone approaching. It was fun in the beginning but not anymore.

oh-nahhh
03-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Most people won't shake hands due to the chinese flu, but I won't shake hand because people are out of toilet paper.

amoora
03-28-2020, 04:55 PM
I miss restaurants and getting iced coffee every morning, but I make tea at home now like I used to. Having time to cook every day is also nice. I've also been reading a lot more. My husband is working from home during this, so we're in the house all day together, but I still have a lot of "me" time. Some days are difficult but I think I may be getting used to it.

Ülev
03-28-2020, 05:14 PM
I had to fly 4 times (two trips) while not eating anything on plane or in waiting lounges while being extra careful about not touching anything or anyone approaching. It was fun in the beginning but not anymore.

stay in Poland and sew those masks on
(1:40)

https://youtu.be/vlU5iEzNUQw

(just kidding)

El_Abominacion
03-28-2020, 08:20 PM
I was going to live with Metal for over a month in late May. The travel bans were supposed to be lasting only a month from mid March which should mean no issues, but they’re possibly going to be prolonged unfortunately

nittionia
03-28-2020, 08:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07B4K1klgU

Ülev
03-28-2020, 09:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07B4K1klgU

щрбл took all supplies

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p06dzl77.jpg

At home.

Graham
03-29-2020, 03:11 PM
Decided to grow a proper moustache since going to be stuck inside for a while. See where it takes me

Westbrook
03-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Online classes for the remainder of the semester.

Tauromachos
03-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Online classes for the remainder of the semester.

What do you study?

Westbrook
03-29-2020, 04:28 PM
Mechanical Engineering
What do you study?

wvwvw
03-29-2020, 06:45 PM
https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/40-5e6f9c4f5b458__700.jpg

I like your curtains :thumb001:

Oghuz
03-29-2020, 10:35 PM
stay in Poland and sew those masks on
(1:40)

https://youtu.be/vlU5iEzNUQw

(just kidding)

didn't get it ... ?