PDA

View Full Version : Classify Pope Benedict XVI (born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger)

Methuselah
03-24-2020, 12:06 PM
Where can he pass? Czech Republic? Hungary? Poland? Austria?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y-ANmi5dyrI/TaWVRN99wnI/AAAAAAAAQUA/GdXhT8XqHz0/s1600/xin_54040220083158519481.jpg
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/size340/Pope_Benedict_XVI_Photo_Credit_Mazur_CNA_Vatican_C atholic_News_5_5_11.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4rZ0P_cwx6c/S8fgxcKaT0I/AAAAAAAAAkY/NZwimeEFBPs/s320/Young%20Pope%20Benedict%20XVI.jpg

Jana
03-24-2020, 12:10 PM
He can even pass for Albanian. Generally central Europan alpine look with somewhat eastern vibe. Ratzinger has ancestry from south Tryol as well.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kN3AE9_rK_9fIm0kPaoMwRw1Oi-8dRC8UdLnaqJUMQACnBvYAIptG-3RptDK-IGSim-YrwxWQpkd0vnqVvAB8JcLYGTN8CuTkmt5oN_3iqTaw6dTh2mhk QO5dBZ0OI4qyA-ZlEU

Methuselah
03-24-2020, 12:26 PM
He can even pass for Albanian. Generally central Europan alpine look with somewhat eastern vibe. Ratzinger has ancestry from south Tryol as well.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kN3AE9_rK_9fIm0kPaoMwRw1Oi-8dRC8UdLnaqJUMQACnBvYAIptG-3RptDK-IGSim-YrwxWQpkd0vnqVvAB8JcLYGTN8CuTkmt5oN_3iqTaw6dTh2mhk QO5dBZ0OI4qyA-ZlEU

Reminds me of younger Wladimir Klitschko. Like some Balkan Slavic- German mix.

Samnium
03-24-2020, 12:26 PM
He looks like my brother (no joke nearly the same face) :laugh:

Satem
03-24-2020, 12:30 PM
One of the best examples of Alpine imho

Methuselah
03-24-2020, 12:34 PM
He looks like my brother (no joke nearly the same face) :laugh:
That's cool. I think younger Messi had similar look.

One of the best examples of Alpine imho

Hah. Indeed. Super Alpine.

Viridian1
03-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Alpine. I loved his polish phrases: postraviam pielkszymuf s Polski, s shertza vam bvogosvavie :D

Methuselah
03-24-2020, 01:15 PM
Alpine. I loved his polish phrases: postraviam pielkszymuf s Polski, s shertza vam bvogosvavie :D

Could you translate that? I got only last words.

Jana
03-24-2020, 01:15 PM
He is my favorite pope despite I loved John Paul too. I was sceptical about him before listening him live in Croatia, and he has very strong, discrete charisma. Benedict is my pope, not Francis.

Methuselah
03-24-2020, 01:22 PM
He is my favorite pope despite I loved John Paul too. I was sceptical about him before listening him live in Croatia, and he has very strong, discrete charisma. Benedict is my pope, not Francis.

I grew up attending Methodist and Pentecostal churches as a kid, so i'm not that much into popes. ;) However my respect for them and Catholics in general is growing all the time, despite all the issues.

Jana
03-24-2020, 01:24 PM
I grew up attending Methodist and Pentecostal churches as a kid, so i'm not that much into popes. ;) However my respect for them and Catholics in general is growing all the time, despite all the issues.

I saw two Popes in my life, John Paul and Benedict. When John Paul visited Croatia, I was too young. But when Benedict came, he left such a strong impression in positive sense.
Unfortunately I don't have such sympathies for Francis except for his charity work I respect a lot. But if he ever decides to visit Croatia, I will give him a chance.

Viridian1
03-24-2020, 01:25 PM
Could you translate that? I got only last words.

This is like "I send greetings to polish pilgrims, I heartfully bless you" He used to say this in Polish with his german accent.

We have the same in Poland. John Paul II was special because he was ours but we quickly liked BIV because he was like an ideological and intellectual successor of JPII. Francesco comes from different word and we need a lot of time to accept his point of view.

Jana
03-24-2020, 01:27 PM
We have the same in Poland. John Paul II was special because he was ours but we quickly liked BIV because he was like an ideological and intellectual successor of JPII. Francesco comes from different word and we need a lot of time to accept his point of view.

Couldn't have put it better myself :)

Xacal
03-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Alpine

Pribislav
03-24-2020, 02:16 PM
I saw two Popes in my life, John Paul and Benedict. When John Paul visited Croatia, I was too young. But when Benedict came, he left such a strong impression in positive sense.
Unfortunately I don't have such sympathies for Francis except for his charity work I respect a lot. But if he ever decides to visit Croatia, I will give him a chance.

I noticed many Catholics (especially Croatians and Latinos) worship pope.

We don't worship our partiarch, but we have a big respect towards the him. We see our patriarch as wise spiritual man who is close to God, still he is not a saint for us as pope for Catholics.

The Blade
03-30-2020, 09:03 PM
Alpine. Pan-Central European face.

Donhueas
12-31-2022, 03:12 PM
R.I.P. Benedict XVI
As about 75% gorid/alpinid and dinarid or norid

Jingle Bell
12-31-2022, 03:13 PM
Gorid + minor Dinaric
RIP

Oliver109
12-31-2022, 03:14 PM
My favourite of the recent popes RIP and may you be canonised soon, i would say dinaro alpine, he looked quite Italian but passes perfectly in south Germany.

MobyD
12-31-2022, 06:37 PM
My favourite of the recent popes RIP and may you be canonised soon, i would say dinaro alpine, he looked quite Italian but passes perfectly in south Germany.

Your favorite was a Hitler Youth and pedo sympathizer, did you know that?

Jana
12-31-2022, 07:53 PM
Your favorite was a Hitler Youth and pedo sympathizer, did you know that?

Stopp shitting mudblood.

Ratzinger family was firmly anti nazi and his cousin with down syndrome was euthanized by nazi regime.

Hitler youth membership was obligatory for all German boys of age 14 and Ratzinger was completely uninterested in it and avoided meetings whenever he could.

Won't even comment pedo nonsense.

MobyD
12-31-2022, 07:59 PM
Stopp shitting mudblood.

Ratzinger family was firmly anti nazi and his cousin with down syndrome was euthanized by nazi regime.

Hitler youth membership was obligatory for all German boys of age 14 and Ratzinger was completely uninterested in it and avoided meetings whenever he could.

Won't even comment pedo nonsense.

Mudblood, huh? You better believe your ass wouldn’t make it home if you said that to my face. Also, pedo nonsense??? How much fucking denial are you in???

Jana
12-31-2022, 08:06 PM
Mudblood, huh? You better believe your ass wouldn’t make it home if you said that to my face. Also, pedo nonsense??? How much fucking denial are you in???

In your face? Your eritrean ass wouldn't make it here if you barked like a chihuahia, it isn't cucked USA :P

Andullero
12-31-2022, 08:59 PM

Pancho is too SJW and open borderist for my tastes, so much so that, for as long as he remains being Pope, I will be a sedevacantist, which should be self explanatory by itself.

Odelia
01-01-2023, 06:48 AM
Mudblood is from Harry Potter. It's a fictitious insult.