PDA

View Full Version : Do we reincarnate in our descendants?

Curtis24
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Are one, some, or all of our acncestors inside our heads, experiecing life with us?

I know that certain factions of the Nazis believed this, but seriously, it makes sense. Why else would we human beings have such an obsessive need to reproduce? And I know that there have been multiple accounts of people remembering stuff from their ancestors - including a little boy recently who remembered details from a great uncles life that would have been impossible for him to know.
What do you think?

Ibericus
08-22-2011, 10:30 PM
In a way yes. Our dna does go down to our descendants.

Curtis24
08-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but do you think we can actually, somehow share the consciousness of our descendants?

Logan
08-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Some Nazis. This is reality.

http://www.tomgourdiesgallery.co.uk/images/gallery/84.jpg

Osweo
08-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Certainly a pleasing notion, and not inconducive to certain beneficial attitudes of piety and respect. Our Germanic ancestors had the concept of the compound soul, part of which is inherited in the family. Real life anecdotal experience tends to push the mind in this direction, indeed. Thinking of ourselves as but part of the wider Folksoul is another aspect of the same, and definitely worth fostering among us.

Turkophagos
08-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Hell no, I'm my own person, I'm not the reicarnation of one of my ancestors.

Aces High
08-23-2011, 06:50 AM
I know that certain factions of the Nazis believed this,

The Tibetans take it for granted.....indeed some children are born and when they learn to speak reveal expert knowledge about past events.

Curtis24
08-23-2011, 07:29 AM
If it is true, I'm sure people would be much more decorated towards having kids.

Aces High
08-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Well from what i can gather when some of these old Tibetans die they will leave instructions as to what date they will be re-born and then monks go out looking for babys born on a certain date and at a certain time.....then wait until they can talk and see which one is the re-incarnation because the one with the esoteric knowledge is the one they are looking for.

Groenewolf
08-23-2011, 10:54 AM
^Yeah, the so called bodhisattva who delay becoming Buddha's to help other reach a state of enlightenment.

The Ripper
08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm pretty sure this is an ancient Finnish folk belief as well, especially (deceased) grandparents were often seen to reincarnate in grandchildren.

Money Shot
10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
I believe.

Wheel keeps turning and you got to get it right.

The Alchemist
10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
It would be really beautiful.....but i'm not able to believe in it.

Balmung
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
....But what if your family line dies out? dun dun dun!

Nihtgenga
10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
In a way yes. Our dna does go down to our descendants.

Not only DNA but also culture and the values we pass on to them.

To me that is what reincarnation is. It is us passing on ourselves to those who come after us.

arcticwolf
11-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Science aside. Actually there is a difference between reincarnation and rebirth. Reincarnation is a concept native to Hinduism and it assumes a soul hopping from one body to another, the soul being eternal. Rebirth is a Buddhist concept. Buddhism assumes all is impermanent, therefore no soul. Rebirth in another form is effects taking place because of underlying causes. To answer the question, in Hinduism that's a possibility. In Buddhism maybe, because what becomes is not exactly what was and not exactly entirely different. Draw your own conclusions. And if that's not complicated enough just let me know, I can do better. :p

sean
01-05-2021, 05:19 AM
The idea that people can only reincarnate their souls on their descendants is wrong. That was a theory of Heinrich Himmler's, and he wanted to try to find some ancestral link between himself and Heinrich the Fowler.

I read in a cryonics book that people modified themselves in the beginning because as long as your body doesn't rot you can keep "living" in your astral-etheric body, and many people froze themselves for that purpose.

The idea is that you can move freely (like in a dream) just like any other dead person, but you have a place where you can go back and replenish your “life force” and not dissolve back into the mind of “God”.

There are also other ways. Asian ancestor altars where they give offerings to them is one, but you are limited by the lifespan of your descendants and them actually putting out offerings for you.

As your spirit racks up lifetimes of experience you evolve into a higher being. The common thought is that eventually you progress beyond the human form. But no one knows if you become a pure spirit being or if you incarnate in a different reality to learn new lessons.

Some Hindu and Tibetan monk orders burned the bodies quickly after death and they were instructed to reincarnate right away. Then their disciples would look for their reincarnation (sometimes overseas) and take them back to the monastery so that they could continue their work of detachment and eventually escape reincarnation. But they just choose kids whose neural network and upbringing will be similar to their's.