PDA

View Full Version : Does this Iranian Ronaldo lookalike look Kurdish?

Methuselah
04-02-2020, 11:48 AM
https://i.ibb.co/Dfzzxyk/DAr2-WYc-XUAAFb-QX.jpg

Aileron
04-02-2020, 12:29 PM
I think this is real Ronaldo lol

Kostas71
04-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Looks like twin of Ronaldo :D. No in general, could pass in South Europe easily I think. Very Mediterranean look.

Kyp
04-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Looks more Azeri than Kurdish, his familyname also suggests him being Azeri/Qizilbash.

Kyp
04-02-2020, 09:59 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Dfzzxyk/DAr2-WYc-XUAAFb-QX.jpg

Which is the better Iranian double in your opinion? Ronaldo or Messi:D

Oghuz
04-02-2020, 10:36 PM
Khoob Bad az Farsi Messi Hamedani alan ma Ronaldoloo Azeri ham darim

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.3405385.1494352680!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_1020/image.jpg

Zoro
04-03-2020, 01:18 AM
Yes, and the guy next to him too.

Dr_Maul
04-03-2020, 01:24 AM
Looks more Azeri than Kurdish, his familyname also suggests him being Azeri/Qizilbash.

He's 1/4 Turkmen, from Golestan. He said it on IG live

Kyp
04-03-2020, 07:59 AM
He's 1/4 Turkmen, from Golestan. He said it on IG live

Okay but his familyname is still from NW Iran originally

Methuselah
04-03-2020, 02:37 PM
Which is the better Iranian double in your opinion? Ronaldo or Messi:D

I would say Messi. :D

Dr_Maul
04-03-2020, 03:20 PM
Okay but his familyname is still from NW Iran originally

I don’t think it’s NW specifically, just Turkic in general, which would make sense because he said his grandfather (paternal) is from golestan. Technically it’s possible that his grandfather was originally Azeri and moved to golestan but since golestan is already majority Turkmen I doubt it

Kyp
04-03-2020, 03:26 PM
I don’t think it’s NW specifically, just Turkic in general, which would make sense because he said his grandfather (paternal) is from golestan. Technically it’s possible that his grandfather was originally Azeri and moved to golestan but since golestan is already majority Turkmen I doubt it

Okay. I thought Turkmens have different names. Maybe I was wrong.
But the "Azerbaijani" settlement into Khorasan dates back to Safavids, and secondary wave under Qajars so could be further back. But could also be just a Turkmen name as you say. I was just going by the name, which would be a typical Azeri name in Iran.

Oghuz
04-05-2020, 04:58 AM

Correct.

Many Iranian Turk families started calling themselves Azeri just recently. They could have been displaced Khorasani Turks who moved Westwards like some bayat chieftain families who still call themselves Khorasanis not Azeris. Same goes for Turk families from Markazi province. Geographic identities are being mingled up with time.

Oghuz
04-05-2020, 07:05 AM

What is his full name ?

Azeri and Kizilbas are not synonyms. One can be Azeri yet have no connection to kizilbas.

Kyp
04-05-2020, 07:10 AM
What is his full name ?

Azeri and Kizilbas are not synonyms. One can be Azeri yet have no connection to kizilbas.

Lu/Lou. As stated earlier I thought these kind of names were typical for NW Iran.

I know.

Oghuz
04-05-2020, 07:23 AM
Lu/Lou. As stated earlier I thought these kind of names were typical for NW Iran.

oglu or lu simply means belonging to or son of, similar to Pour or Zadeh in Persian. Doesn't necessarily hint towards Kizilbas ancestry.

Kyp
04-05-2020, 07:30 AM
oglu or lu simply means belonging to or son of, similar to Pour or Zadeh in Persian. Doesn't necessarily hint towards Kizilbas ancestry.

True. It was a mistake to write. I was coming from the point that most of the lu names (from NW) have origins in Qizilbash tribes.
My point was just that his name is turkish. So I was right kind of. And the chance of him being from Northwest was bigger than from Golestan.

porpozontokonto
04-05-2020, 07:39 AM
looks like a keko