PDA

View Full Version : Moldavian Language Videos

Mik20
04-13-2020, 04:44 PM
So, first one. What a better way to begin, but with a moldovan speaking korean. Very good moldavian language in this case. Almost perfect, but with some unfortunate romanian barbarisms as for example Romanian ulei instead of moldovan oloi. This is the result of the recent fenomenon of moldovans buying cooking oil from the shops where the labels unfortunately are written in walachian as ulei instead of oloi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wPRtlFsDjM

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 04:48 PM
This is just an example of Romanian with Moldovan accent.

I understand it with no difficulty.

Mik20
04-13-2020, 04:52 PM
This is just an example of Romanian with Moldovan accent.

I understand it with no difficulty.

Of course it is mutually intelligible. That doesn't make it wallachian or romanian.

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 04:54 PM
Of course it is mutually intelligible. That doesn't make it wallachian or romanian.

It's not just mutually intelligible, it's one and the same, save for the accent.

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 04:57 PM
anyway I bet this thread will only have videos of retirees, since the younger generations (40 yo and younger) speaks Romanian almost without any accent.

Mik20
04-13-2020, 05:13 PM
This time, one from west of Prut, from romanian Bukovina, that used to be a part of Moldova till 1774. Although the people there lost completely any trace of moldavian identity, the region is still a treasure of old moldavian culture. The language in this video is like transplanted from the writings of Neculce or Cantemir. For example, Dimitrie Cantemir in his chapter dedicated to the moldavian language, in his book Descriptio Moldaviae, compared it with the romanian language and gave example giur in moldavian compared to jur in romanian.

”muntenii și ardelenii, au tot o limbă cu moldovenii, numai cāt le este vorba puțin mai groasă, precum moldovanul - giur, romānul - jur”.

This was the same for gioc versus joc, giudeț vs județ etc. In this video we an hear it live, the language of Cantemir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqgjr31NwzU

Daco Celtic
04-13-2020, 05:17 PM
Koreans eat cabbage too, natural fit

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 05:24 PM
This time, one from west of Prut, from romanian Bukovina, that used to be a part of Moldova till 1774. Although the people there lost completely any trace of moldavian identity, the region is still a treasure of old moldavian culture. The language in this video is like transplanted from the writings of Neculce or Cantemir. For example, Dimitrie Cantemir in his chapter dedicated to the moldavian language, in his book Descriptio Moldaviae, compared it with the romanian language and gave example giur in moldavian compared to jur in romanian.

”muntenii și ardelenii, au tot o limbă cu moldovenii, numai cāt le este vorba puțin mai groasă, precum moldovanul - giur, romānul - jur”.

This was the same for gioc versus joc, giudeț vs județ etc. In this video we an hear it live, the language of Cantemir.

The reason why Bucovina has a stronger Slavic accent is because Romanians had only a majority minority in the area 100 years ago. Only in Southern Bukovina Romanians were more than half of the population.

You're taking again an example of a strongly accented dialect as the so called "Moldovan language". The language spoken in Bucovina sounded slightly different solely because almost half of the speakers were not native.

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 05:25 PM

The reason why Bucovina has a stronger Slavic accent is because Romanians had only a majority minority in the area. Only in Southern Bukovina Romanians were more than half of the population.

You're taking again an example of a mixed language as the so called "Moldovan language". The language spoken in Bucovina sounded slightly different solely because almost half of the speakers were not native.

Mik20
04-13-2020, 05:34 PM
It is not the sound. It is the words. copchilărie vs copilărie (romanian), diparti vs departe, mari vs mare, maicuță vs măicuță. nieu vs meu, dzī vs zi, gioucu vs jocul, giucau vs jucau. Almost each and every word is different.

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 05:38 PM
It is not the sound. It is the words. copchilărie vs copilărie (romanian), diparti vs departe, mari vs mare, maicuță vs măicuță. nieu vs meu, dzī vs zi, gioucu vs jocul, giucau vs jucau. Almost each and every word is different.

The words are exactly the same. The pronunciation is slightly different for the simple reason that Slavic speakers have trouble pronouncing certain letter combinations found in Romanian.

Nobody creates different spellings for the same words. Australians don't say they speak a different language than Britons just because they pronounce the words differently. They also don't spell the words differently despite the distinct pronunciation.

This is a dumb argument.

Daco Celtic
04-13-2020, 05:51 PM
I'm surprised Moldovans went to my grandparent's Romanian-Orthodox church and became their friends. Given that Moldovans are a totally different race with a completely different language and cultural, you would think that would be too much to overcome :p.

Mvakis
04-13-2020, 05:54 PM
Do you have mental problems?

Its absolutely the same language and it's not even a thick Moldovian accent nor gives any problem in understanding it for even the southernmost Romanian.

Moldovians from the Republic of Moldova don't even have a Moldovian accent from what i've noticed, you speak like plain almost southern Romanians but with Moldovian regionalisms and a more or less thick Russian accent.There's no point denying it, almost all of you know Russian from a very young age, you are raised in as duo lingual.

Compare with these Romanians from Bacau(skip a few seconds, its mute in the first seconds), in the villages of Moldova this is the norm, but you will almost never find this super thick accent in the Republic of Moldova.This is how Ion Creanga spoke, not your robotic potato Russian accent Romanian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZMSE6lTCLY

And cut the crap with forceful "romanization" of moldovians or other groups from Romania, it never happened, its exactly like with other countries, for example, a Texan peasant moving to New York, he will adapt to the local standard over time, as proof people who didn't move out of their regions still keep their local way of speak.

Mvakis
04-13-2020, 06:03 PM

of course, a shit ton of words are different when you have replaced pi with chi or e with i, etc .. this is also the norm in Romanian Moldova and as I've posted in the video above they are here even more accentuated/thick among the peasants than anything you can find in the Republic of Moldova.

https://i.imgur.com/zqUDpIk.gif
https://i.imgur.com/zqUDpIk.gif

Seya
04-13-2020, 06:12 PM

you write diparti and nieu there in moldova? you can't be serious dude. this exists only in the spoken language and not in the written language

Nurzat
04-13-2020, 06:25 PM
So, first one. What a better way to begin, but with a moldovan speaking korean. Very good moldavian language in this case. Almost perfect, but with some unfortunate romanian barbarisms as for example Romanian ulei instead of moldovan oloi. This is the result of the recent fenomenon of moldovans buying cooking oil from the shops where the labels unfortunately are written in walachian as ulei instead of oloi.

in Vaslui we say undilemn (Romanian: untdelemn) - do you use it in Rep. Moldova? oloi not in use west of Prut afaik, but local Moldovan word undilemn is good enough, do you agree?

Mik20
04-13-2020, 06:26 PM
of course, a shit ton of words are different when you have replaced pi with chi or e with i, etc ..

This is what makes the difference. All languages are dialects. A few sounds here and there, and a few words here and there made the Portuguese a different language from Spanish. A few words and a few sounds make the Catalan language different from the Castilian language. So on and so forth. Romanian is a dialect of Moldavian as Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian. I don't want somebody else dialect, language call it as you want, killing my dialect. Is it clear? And I don't want my dialect killing somebody else dialect. Actually even Romania is suffering an extinction of the authentic dialects that is really a tragedy as there is nothing more disgusting and soulless that the standard romanian.

Aspirin
04-13-2020, 06:28 PM
in Vaslui we say undilemn (Romanian: untdelemn) - do you use it in Rep. Moldova? oloi not in use west of Prut afaik, but local Moldovan word undilemn is good enough, do you agree?

Yes, is used, undilemn or oloi.

Nurzat
04-13-2020, 06:34 PM
This is what makes the difference. All languages are dialects. A few sounds here and there, and a few words here and there made the Portuguese a different language from Spanish. A few words and a few sounds make the Catalan language different from the Castilian language. So on and so forth. Romanian is a dialect of Moldavian as Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian. I don't want somebody else dialect, language call it as you want, killing my dialect. Is it clear? And I don't want my dialect killing somebody else dialect. Actually even Romania is suffering an extinction of the authentic dialects that is really a tragedy as the is nothing more disgusting and soulless that the standard romanian.

totally agree - IT IS A BIG THING the switch we are facing west of Prut in the language if we go from rural side to urban side - urban Moldavian is not even Moldavian anymore - can I call "ci faci, bini" Moldavian? no, it's not, the Moldavian is the one in the countryside, "și fași, ghini?" „vrai sī mīnși harbuz?” „și ti scarchini, ti mīncī chielea?” „fa chișorcoaso, du-ti la mă-ta șī zī-i sī dei chisăt la răț, uni īmblī?” „futuț chizda nori măti” „futuț șeapa căpri măti” „uăi poț merji pi chișioari? hai sī-l dușim pīnī la poartī la dīnsu, cī poati mai chicī prostu pintr-o rīpī, nie la el și bat īi, o băut cīt o jitī” etc etc

Mvakis
04-13-2020, 06:35 PM
This is what makes the difference. All languages are dialects. A few sounds here and there, and a few words here and there made the Portuguese a different language from Spanish. A few words and a few sounds make the Catalan language different from the Castilian language. So on and so forth. Romanian is a dialect of Moldavian as Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian. I don't want somebody else dialect, language call it as you want, killing my dialect. Is it clear? And I don't want my dialect killing somebody else dialect. Actually even Romania is suffering an extinction of the authentic dialects that is really a tragedy as the is nothing more disgusting and soulless that the standard romanian.

You don't speak Moldovian save for some villages there, you speak a bastardized and russified version of Romanian, so there's no tragedy if your "language" goes extinct.
JFL when you had to cherrypick a Korean-Moldovian old woman to give as an example and she barely speaks with a Moldovian accent, whereas I post a random Moldovian peasant video and everyone in it, even the kid, speak with a full thick Moldovian accent.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wWue0rCDOphOE/giphy.gif

7:29 chieptăni, săseli, anieaza, chietroaie
But honestly i dont even have to hint a moment, they speak proper moldovian all around.

https://youtu.be/SZMSE6lTCLY
Even the video title has a regionalism poiată

Mik20
04-13-2020, 06:44 PM
You don't speak Moldovian save for some villages there, you speak a bastardized and russified version of Romanian, so there's no tragedy if your "language" goes extinct.
JFL when you had to cherrypick a Korean-Moldovian old woman to give as an example and she barely speaks with a Moldovian accent, whereas I post a random Moldovian peasant video and everyone in it, even the kid, speak with a full thick Moldovian accent.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wWue0rCDOphOE/giphy.gif

7:29 chieptăni, săseli
But honestly i dont even have to hint a moment, they speak proper moldovian all around.

https://youtu.be/SZMSE6lTCLY
Even the video title has a regionalism poiată

Sorry to disappoint you, accent don't make a language. I know of them. They don't speak proper moldavian, but wallachian with local accent. They cooked with peppers they call the pepers ardei. In moldavian they are chiperi. They call tomatoes roșii, in moldavian they are pătlăjeli and I can go on and on.

Nurzat
04-13-2020, 06:57 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, accent don't make a language. I know of them. They don't speak proper moldavian, but wallachian with local accent. They cooked with peppers they call the pepers ardei. In moldavian they are chiperi. They call tomatoes roșii, in moldavian they are pătlăjeli and I can go on and on.

in Vaslui we say chiperi and pătlăjeli as well. Bacău, Vrancea and Galați are known within Moldova for speaking less Moldavian than Vaslui, Iași, Botoșani and Neamț counties.

other words from northern Vaslui county countryside to compare with Rep. Moldova:

felie de pīine - hrincī (di pīni)
mămăligă - măliguțī
pepene - harbuz
pepene galben - zămuz
pivniță - zămnic
cameră de curat - odai
cameră mică - chileri
prune - perjī
un măr - o marī
ficat de mīncare - mai
baltă - tău
pīlnie - leucī sau leicī
pieptăn - chiaptīn sau chieptīn
pizdă - chizdī
bărbatul acela tot merge beat prin sat - omu șeala tăt īmblī bat pin sat
biserică - bisăricī
gropar - gropnișeri
preot - popī
copil - copchil
bici - iușcī
rațe - răț
șosea - șosă
șosete - șiorachi, colțuni
īnalt - nant
bou - buhai

Mik20
04-13-2020, 07:08 PM
Another sample. A comedy video from RM. Mocking the bad habits of the rural Moldava, but in proper moldavian (cămeșă, păli, amuș, chica for example) despite a few russism here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziG2tRkdpog

Mvakis
04-13-2020, 07:09 PM

Bullshit, even your Korean-Moldovian woman replaced words with standard Romanian, you are cherrypicking insignificant things because you don't have an argument.

2-3 regionalisms replaced here and there (which are the least important aspect) vs speaking southern romanian with a russian potato accent, the choice is clear. I've had a shit ton of moldovians from the Republic here, they all speak either like normal romanians with a little bit of moldovian hint, very far from the moldovians in the video i posted, or like Carla Dreams, Russified potato Romanian, and most fit in the second category as most were raised duo lingual with russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwd_We4HBvk

This guy above who reviews Tiberiu and Cornel channel has the typical Bessarabian filthy Russian mongrelized accent, you can hear the potato accent in some of his words, if we abstract this its just southern romanian. The difference is huge between him and them.

Moldovians I posted speak a much thicker Moldovian than the Korean-Moldovian in your video, end of the story.

Another good example of typical bassarabian/moldovian from the Republic is Ilie's vlogs, typical potato Russian accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OKjOyy_J0

Its hilarious how he pronounces Coca-Cola, like how americans stereotype russians.

Btw can you translate me what his father is saying at 0:50 in the "moldovian" language?Because i assume that is it.

Aspirin
04-13-2020, 07:25 PM
:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMssBVOoZo

Ion Basescul
04-13-2020, 07:33 PM
We hear you Mik20, and we respect your opinion.

https://geekclubbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Autism-Spectrum-Comic_Cover.jpg

From the heart of Chisinau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMoRyv83Uc

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 07:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMoRyv83Uc

this guy is so right

Ion Basescul
this guy is so right

Probably a "minority" like me :lol:

Nurzat
Btw can you translate me what his father is saying at 0:50 in the "moldovian" language?Because i assume that is it.

I was surprised they said „cinci sticli” - in my mom's village in Vaslui they say "șinși șīpuri". sticlă = șīp. in the case of an alcohol bottle they may also say butīlcī.

so in the end the best preserved truly Moldavian-speaking region that abounds in Moldavian original words and had no Russification is the rural region between Moldova Capital City of Iasi and Vaslui City xD

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 07:39 PM
Probably a "minority" like me :lol:

it's possible :)

he explains the phenomenon perfectly

Ion Basescul
04-13-2020, 07:40 PM
it's possible :)

he explains the phenomenon perfectly

Yeah, that's why he's literally lynched on the street, in the middle of a congested market, for trashing on the ancestral Moldovan language.

Ion Basescul
04-13-2020, 07:42 PM
Another interview in Chisinau, because Mik20 linked Vox Populi previously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzmWtj94vU8

Mik20
04-13-2020, 07:56 PM
Not gonna reply to the trolls and hijackers anymore. The only guys that can add something valuable are the native speakers of moldavian like Nurzat.

A video from west of Prut, from the moldavian part of the Suceava county.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X5Cxi9g7tE

ixulescu
04-13-2020, 08:03 PM
Not gonna reply to the trolls and hijackers anymore. The only guys that can add something valuable are the native speakers of moldavian like Nurzat.

A video from west of Prut, from the moldavian part of the Suceava county.

Again, this is the Romanian language. Moldovan language does not exist. Only the accent is Moldovan.

Mik20
04-13-2020, 08:19 PM
Again, this is the Romanian language. Moldovan language does not exist. Only the accent is Moldovan.

Breaking my promise, as i'm not gonna miss this chance. Romanian picioarele - that video chișioarili - standard moldavian. That is enough to make it a different language. But it's not only that, but almost all the words. The fact that walachians understand it doesn't make it walachian, but that valahians were exposed to the moldavian language and they can understand it. Because romanian, although west moldavians had their contribution, is actually walachian.

Even just a single word common to a whole community can make for a different language. I know simple people won't understand, as they cannot break the mold they been shaped into by the educational system, an invention of the nationalistic age that gave birth to monsters.

Check this at exactly 3:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMzb0RCUU7A

Common sense. If dragavei it is known by all the oilteni, but unknown to everybody else, then it is an oltenian word and words make a language. What language can make the oltenian words?

Mik20
04-14-2020, 03:27 PM
Why the first video was with a Korean? Well for several reasons that make that video invaluable as it obliterates all the romanian cultural genocidal policy in Moldova. First of all she is obviously not exposed to the zombie media (romanian and their shameful servants from Moldova) so most of everything of what she said and how she said it is authentic, free of propaganda and with no ulterior motives. She is free from brainwashing. I bet she is immune to the brainwashing as well, she knows exactly what she is. She named the language the old women thought her. The old moldovan lady transmitted her not only the language, but how that language is called - moldavian. Like it is normal. Not how some fools do, that learned to speak from their parents, but call it not how their parents call it or how the people they live among call it, but how some fanatics for another country hundreds of km away wants them to do. Last, she destroys the romanian propaganda that Stalin turned romanians into moldavians. Moldavians turned other people into moldavians.

Mik20
04-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Good moldavian language from "the most moldovan of the moldovan brothers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxAL25Pe9Y

Mik20
04-14-2020, 07:36 PM
I was surprised they said „cinci sticli” - in my mom's village in Vaslui they say "șinși șīpuri". sticlă = șīp. in the case of an alcohol bottle they may also say butīlcī.

so in the end the best preserved truly Moldavian-speaking region that abounds in Moldavian original words and had no Russification is the rural region between Moldova Capital City of Iasi and Vaslui City xD

The Romanian judet Vaslui was created sometimes in 1960s from lands of several historic Moldavian tinuturi that existed for centuries. Mainly Vaslui, Tutova and Falciu. Falciu, with the center at Husi, was the county in Romanian Moldavia with the less amount of ethnic minorities, so the purest moldavian.