PDA

View Full Version : How'd you "come out" an Aitheist

billErobreren
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Kay dumb thread I know but I'm bored... now I hear a lot of homos complain about how hard it was "coming out"(an expression I still have trouble understanding) if you come from a religious family or rather one that simply swears loyalty to a church( be it Lutheran, Anglican,Catholic, Orthodox and so forth). How'd it play out telling your family or peers you completely reject their philosophy pretty much basis of living.
Mine went out like this, I was 10, my communion thingy was finally over I thought I was done. Then ma wanted me to do some other crap I can't remember it's name(something about marriage on the church:confused2:) so I was told I was to go to that to which I reaplied:

"What?! No, no, no. You said after I was done with this communion I didn't have to go through this crap anymore"(Oh yeah already a potty mouth)
Ma:"Billy!!:eek: It's not crap this is crucial for your future"
"Nuh-uh, screw that. I'm done I only did this to shut your family up"
& During our dumbass quarrel I uttered
"Ma! I'm an atheist"
Ma:*GASP*:scared:
Then theraphy for the next :scratch: 6 years of my life(didn't make sense to me anyhow). I was nearly disowned that day:mad:

You?

Argyll
08-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Why atheist?

Osweo
08-25-2011, 06:08 PM
From my mother's vagina.

Crossbow
08-25-2011, 06:14 PM
From my mother's vagina.

Wow, you were actually born with it?;)

billErobreren
08-26-2011, 02:20 AM
From my mother's vagina.

could say the same about myself :thumb001: however been so openly since the age of 10, needless to say ma is longer embarrassed of me or she's in denial:rolleyes2:

BeerBaron
08-26-2011, 02:58 AM
my parents made the mistake of telling me to question everything, hence I turned out a hyper critical asshole.

Black Sun Dimension
08-26-2011, 03:10 AM
I stopped going to church and one day I just said something like this:

"Look, Im not going to waste more time going to church or praying. I dont believe in any of this crap."

I was like 12 or something.

Boudica
08-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Well, I'm not going to say I'm an Atheist, I don't really know what to call my self, I guess a person that can honestly say that there is no fucking way to know why we are here or what there is out there.. I'm not a person that believes in fairy tale like religions that man made for a sense of meaning and closure.. I'm just going to live my life the way one should and hope for the best.

Neanderthal
08-26-2011, 03:15 AM
I do belive in fairy tales :D I do belive i'm a fairy myself.

Svipdag
08-26-2011, 03:16 AM
I was fortunate. Except for a fanatical, but otherwise lovable, aunt, no one in the family took religion very seriously. My mother was a "freethinker". I never knew my father, but he was either an Atheist or a hypocrite. My grandmother was nominally a Lutheran. In the 36 years that I knew her, she never went to church. In the last decade of her life, she kept her Bible ever handy, "cramming for the finals."

I was left free to figure things out for myself, which was and is my natural bent. At 18, influenced by General Semantics, I decided that it was time to figure EVERYTHING out for myself. I started with ONE axiom: "I exist" and sought to reason everything else out from there.

I been engaged in that effort for 63 years. My positions on some matters have changed either owing to acquisitiion of new data or to sudden flashes of insight. Faith does not enter into the program. I consider faith to be willful self-deception.

Although I may accept a proposition which I do not know to be true as a working hypothesis to be proved or refuted, in general, I either know or I do not know AND ADMIT IT.

It seems to me that the non-existence of a Supreme Being has not been
proved and the dogmatic assertion that such an entity does not exist requires faith, more faith than I am capable of.

Therefore, I entered this thread flying false colours. I am not an Atheist
but, rather, an Agnostic, but. if I had come to an Atheist position, I wouldn't have had to come out to my family, because it is doubtful that anyone would have given a damn. [Except dear Aunt Olivia]

So, let me tender my apologies to the Atheists for my deception. I merely wanted to tell my story, which I knew would be rather different from many of yours. Sorry.

"NEC SPE NEC METV" - Anon Y. Mous (16th century)

Ulf
08-26-2011, 03:16 AM
All 'coming out' stories involve the same thing; gayness.

Logan
08-26-2011, 03:17 AM
I do not put forward differences with my parents, and avoid pointless confrontations. You are not likely to alter their long held beliefs, and would only cause understandable concern.

rC6UrMTC73A

Lasituacion
08-26-2011, 03:18 AM
I do belive in fairy tales :D I do belive i'm a fairy myself.

You certainly are

Neanderthal
08-26-2011, 03:20 AM
You certainly are

Oh shut up chimuelo. You can't fight for shit by the way.

Lasituacion
08-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Oh shut up chimuelo. You can't fight for shit by the way.

Shut up fairy, you can't fight that's why you call always 911 everytime someone wants to fuck you up.

suck this puto http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/images/faces/smiles/bottle.gif

Neanderthal
08-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Shut up fairy, you can't fight that's why you call always 911 everytime someone wants to fuck you up.

suck this puto http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/images/faces/smiles/bottle.gif

I wasn't the one who called at 3:00 a.m. Dude I got in trouble with the police, wah wah, you fucking cry baby, grow some balls.

billErobreren
08-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Why atheist?

Hard to say. I actually admitted this myself while in therapy at 8 years old (i had already tried to kill myself 3 times so understandably my mother was concerned)
& believe me at that early age I took Tai Chi & tried Paganism or Buddhism but I couldn't get delude myself enough to believe in any of their crap so it became official, I was not only a cold, pessimistic & suicidal 9 year old but an athiest as well. is it sad? No, because by not believing in an afterlife I appreciate my existence & some others as well & not take life for granted;)