PDA

View Full Version : I think being racist is a natural reaction

yamagi
04-23-2020, 04:36 PM
People prefer those who share the same genetic background, physical features and cultural traits over those who differ more.

An example is when it comes to save someone else's life, you'd rather choose someone who genetically closely related to you, than a person who share no recent DNA with you.

Human race is like a big family, everyone is related but a random white person is like my 4th cousin, share the Sam background with me, while I have almost nothing in common with a Nigerian person, with all respect to them I know they feel the same and would prefer their own kind over me or even a Congolese.

We're taught since kindergarten to positively react towarda people who look different, but it's a reaction against our biological nature, we're predators and tribalists, different tribes threaten our family/existence.

Luso
04-23-2020, 04:59 PM
Yes, it may be human's natural/instinctual reaction... this (imo) doesn't justify it being a moral one. Hopefully, society has evolved enough to realize that no matter the pigmentation of one's skin, or features on one's skull, ultimately everyone is human and thereby receives similar treatments.

I get the tribal POV but THE MAJORITY of the world is far beyond this time. Literally everyone would be considered a racist back then because tribal mindset still reigned supreme.