PDA

View Full Version : hard question

beeee
08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
First of all, I would like to say I am not crazy, this is NOT trolling :

It seems to me that that Europeans are making many more female babies than male ones. And there is more : I have the impression that Africans are making more boys !

Do you ever get the same impression ?

Could it be that nature anticipates racial mixing from the ideological-whatever display of the parents ?

example :

20 white girls, 9 white boys

http://www.16102004.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/PHOTOCLASSEGSMATERNELLEPAUL2.jpg

btw : this is Paris 7th arrondissement, that explains why they are almost all whites ;)

Bridie
08-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't think it's true... however, with people using IVF on the rise, it wouldn't surprise me if things become a bit imbalanced in favour of female babies over male, since IVF conceptions are more likely to result in a girl.

Wulfhere
08-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Muslims are now choosing the sex of their babies and always choose male ones, and it's well known they practice infanticide on female ones. So that's something to look forward to.

Curtis24
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
There's some evidence that gender imbalances can be caused by subconscious signals to the womb. For instance, we've known for a long time that in times of crisis - poverty and war - more girls are born. This is evolutionary - most men are expendable in crisis situations, but women never are, since multiple women can attach to one man.

I would guess the "crisis theory" explains the growing gender imbalance, if there is one. People are looking around, watching the news, losing their jobs, seeing the breakdown in social etiquette, and realizing that we are probably entering some kind of crisis, where it will be very hard to be a man.

EDIT: Not sure why blacks would be having more boys, if its true.

Aces High
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Never really noticed that tbh,where i am its a pretty even balance.

beeee
08-29-2011, 04:16 PM
There's some evidence that gender imbalances can be caused by subconscious signals to the womb. For instance, we've known for a long time that in times of crisis - poverty and war - more girls are born. This is evolutionary - most men are expendable in crisis situations, but women never are, since multiple women can attach to one man.

I would guess the "crisis theory" explains the growing gender imbalance, if there is one. People are looking around, watching the news, losing their jobs, seeing the breakdown in social etiquette, and realizing that we are probably entering some kind of crisis, where it will be very hard to be a man.

EDIT: Not sure why blacks would be having more boys, if its true.

Very interesting ! I didn't know that.

According to this theory, it might be asserted that Blacks are having more boys than Europeans, because for them this is no-crisis: they arrive from poor african countries and get free housing, free medical care, free transportations, and money for nothing. (I am talking about France)

Curtis24
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Good point :thumb001:

Loki
08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Maybe some of those boys just look like girls at that age? :p

Raikaswinþs
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Muslims are now choosing the sex of their babies and always choose male ones, and it's well known they practice infanticide on female ones. So that's something to look forward to.

You make it look like this is something that average Muslims,and not crazy eugenist motherfuckers do. That's like saying that Christians kill albinos because they think them possessed. Itis a well known fact,and yet that statement is a fallacy through omission of a very large chuck of information.

Please let's keep the quality of this board to a high standard, even the hateful remarks,ok?

Curtis24
08-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Okay, here's the studies I was talking about:

Famines used to result in an increase in girl babies.

Although the shift was small—only a 1% shift—the 1% means a big shift in the male: female ratio in a large population. When one nation or cluster of nations are affected by the same economic adversity, the shift is obvious.

Why does this happen? The researchers in this study issue a call for more careful study of causes, concluding that biological stressors in women result in fewer males in the earliest stages of pregnancy during hard times.

The stressors being evaluated here are biological, not situational. It is common for people to talk about being stressed out but that is not the kind of stressed out which affects gender of unborn babies.

A friend of mine was what is called a “chronic spontaneous aborter.” She could get pregnant but every time but the pregnancy did not hold beyond three-plus months. When she made it to five months, she was jubilant—only to lose another. “I hope it was nothing you did,” said a thoughtless person.

No, this is not about what mothers do. It is what adverse, shared events can do to a population of mothers.

As the abstract from the American Journal of Human Biology says, “Most research describing the biological response to unemployment appears appropriately motivated by clinical or public health concerns and focuses on death, disease, and medical care. We argue that expanding the work to include other outcomes could contribute to basic science. As an example, we use the response to mass layoffs to discriminate between two explanations of low ratios of male to female live births in stressed populations. One explanation asserts that ambient stressors reduce the ratio of males to females conceived. The other argues that the maternal stress response selects against males in utero. We show that selection in utero better explains the observed data. We conclude that human adaptation to the economic environment deserves scrutiny from a wider array of scientists than it now receives.” (Emphasis added)

In light of the economic meltdown of 2009, it appears safe to say that parents-to-be need to be looking more closely at the baby names book for girls.

The Economist

…”The researchers discovered that mass lay-offs did, indeed, lead to fewer boys being born. Over the whole period 52.4% of births were of boys. In some months, though, that fell as low as 51.2%. Teasing out the statistics suggested that the stress of mass lay-offs probably caused these drops, but that the lay-offs in question could happen months after conception. Male fetuses were, in other words, being spontaneously aborted—presumably as a consequence of stress. (Emphasis added)

“That does not mean the original hypothesis is wrong. But it is not the whole truth. The ruthless winnowing of inappropriate offspring can, it seems, also take place well after a fetus has started developing. The next step, according to Dr Catalano, is to measure in pregnant women the levels of hormones known to predict spontaneous abortion, and to work out if these levels vary with stressful events.” (Emphasis added)

http://www.thepatientreport.com/2009/12/26/why-there-likely-will-be-more-girls-born-in-2010/

kwp_wp
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I have read somewhere that in Europe it's always been born more males babies than females ones but death rate among newborns and infants are higher in case of boys than in girls. So eventually number of boys and girls in adult age is equal.

Wulfhere
08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
You make it look like this is something that average Muslims,and not crazy eugenist motherfuckers do. That's like saying that Christians kill albinos because they think them possessed. Itis a well known fact,and yet that statement is a fallacy through omission of a very large chuck of information.

Please let's keep the quality of this board to a high standard, even the hateful remarks,ok?

Such instances are very much on the rise. Islam is a hateful, anti-human religion, and I therefore make no apologies for expressing such views.

Wulfhere
08-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I have read somewhere that in Europe it's always been born more males babies than females ones but death rate among newborns and infants are higher in case of boys than in girls. So eventually number of boys and girls in adult age is equal.

In fact, there's a slight preponderance of women, in natural human populations. I think it's something like age 30 that this begins to show up, below that, it's the other way round. But the difference is only very slight. Only countries like Pakistan, that practice female infanticide, or China, with it's one-child policy, show a preponderance of males overall.

Raikaswinþs
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Such instances are very much on the rise. Islam is a hateful, anti-human religion, and I therefore make no apologies for expressing such views.

yeah, they're all billion of them a breed of anti-human monsters ...anywayI didn't ask you to stop hating, just to elevate the quality of the rants

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ssf3FF27tLo/TchTRBo-GeI/AAAAAAAAAI8/dcJ6P-3kmIo/s1600/IMG_4531.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dSIyCIEOfPQ/TOW9ll2AtxI/AAAAAAAAExg/T9SPWHUVXuI/s1600/IMG_0498.JPG

http://www.longsstrangetrip.com/nabila_and_family.JPG

http://1morefilmblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/monstersinc.jpg

beeee
08-29-2011, 05:23 PM
http://blogs.lexpress.fr/nouvelleformule/wp-content/blogs.dir/705/files/2010/09/258Troll_spray.jpg

Eldritch
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
The older a woman is when she gets pregnant for the first time, the more likely she is to have a girl. This would seem to be the most likely explanation.

Lorene
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
The older a woman is when she gets pregnant for the first time, the more likely she is to have a girl. this would seem to be the most likely explanation.

how :confused: if is the man who 'choose' the sex of baby.
Men are XY while woman XX.

Eldritch
08-29-2011, 07:48 PM
how :confused: if is the man who 'choose' the sex of baby.
Men are XY while woman XX.

Well, women only have one "active" X chromosome. And the mother's hormonal levels override chromosomes during pregnancy anyway.

El Palleter
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Maybe some of those boys just look like girls at that age? :pDo you say that because he's talking about France? :mmmm:

Lorene
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, women only have one "active" X chromosome. And the mother's hormonal levels override chromosomes during pregnancy anyway.

Never head of that, honestly. Have you some source?

The scientifically proven; XY sex-determination system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex-determination_system)

Ibericus
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
yeah, they're all billion of them a breed of anti-human monsters ...anywayI didn't ask you to stop hating, just to elevate the quality of the rants

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ssf3FF27tLo/TchTRBo-GeI/AAAAAAAAAI8/dcJ6P-3kmIo/s1600/IMG_4531.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dSIyCIEOfPQ/TOW9ll2AtxI/AAAAAAAAExg/T9SPWHUVXuI/s1600/IMG_0498.JPG

http://www.longsstrangetrip.com/nabila_and_family.JPG

http://1morefilmblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/monstersinc.jpg
Well, they are ugly as monsters truth be said.

beeee
08-29-2011, 08:51 PM
The older a woman is when she gets pregnant for the first time, the more likely she is to have a girl. This would seem to be the most likely explanation.

Really? I don't know why, but I have the intuition it makes sense...And most french girls nowadays get babies later than before...

But my impression is more like 2/3 girls for 1/3 boys !

I hope I am mistaking.

Curtis24
08-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Another explanation could be that in minority cultures, men dominate social gatherings, while in the West, women dominate them.

Bridie
08-30-2011, 01:30 AM

The scientifically proven; XY sex-determination system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex-determination_system)Female (XX) embryos are more resilient than male (XY) due to having two X chromosomes. If there is compromised/damaged DNA in one X chromosome, the other can compensate and produce a normal, healthy child. Not so for those carrying only one X chromosome. Male embryos, across the board (at any age, regarding the mother), are more likely to be subject to miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, or to just fail in conception in the first place.

However, the older the mother and the father at the conception of a child, the more likely it is that there will be damaged chromosomes passed on from either of the parents.... therefore, conceiving a healthy baby girl will be more likely.

SwordoftheVistula
08-30-2011, 04:41 AM
It may depend on where you live. Where I live now, Washington DC, has a much higher proportion of young (age 18-35) women, especially single women, to men. Where I am originally from, eastern Ohio, has a reverse ratio. (both of these are from news reports I've seen in the past year)

In Germany, I've heard there are similar differences between East Germany and West Germany, for the same reasons.

For whatever reason, younger women are more likely to go to college and move to a different part of the country for work at this point in time.

mymy
08-30-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't know, by some statistic, we have more male population than female in category till 55 years. After 55 we have more females. We also have problem with unmarried men older than 35, especially in villages, so even politicians here plan actions about it.

Comte Arnau
08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
We also have problem with unmarried men older than 35, especially in villages, so even politicians here plan actions about it.

Will they make them marry by force? Like, choose your ball and chain? Some might prefer to go to prison. :p

mymy
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Will they make them marry by force? Like, choose your ball and chain? Some might prefer to go to prison. :p

No, but they talked to find Asian women for them :D

_______
08-30-2011, 12:16 PM
No, but they talked to find Asian women for them :D

wow! how do these men feel about this?

:)

Bridie
08-30-2011, 12:25 PM

Well, I know how the Asian women would feel about it.... $$$$$

(sorry, don't have a sign for Euros on my keyboard! :p)

Waidewut
08-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Africans in Africa have a much more even male/female ratio at birth, than France for example. Maybe the ratio grows rapidly because they get better life quality, thus also economic growth, thus nature "thinks" it should ''defend'' the African people and their welfare by giving birth to more males than females.
There is an old Latvian saying: "If more boys are given birth, then war is uprising", that's what I meant.

Worldwide human sex ratio at bith (http://chartsbin.com/view/2332)

mymy
08-30-2011, 01:51 PM

Hm, they just complain how Serbian women are spoiled and don't want to work or have children, but prefer to marry foreign men for money.

Well, I know how the Asian women would feel about it.... $$$$$

(sorry, don't have a sign for Euros on my keyboard! :p)

Yes, Serbia is definitely not rich country but for Asian women it's heaven.

This was popular subject to discuss in 2008, although some people still see it as possibility. One article from that time:
http://dalje.com/en-world/serbian-single-men-to-marry-250000-asian-women/177603

The secretary at the Ministry of Work and Social Policy proposed to “import” women from Asia as to fix the demographic picture of Serbia.

The secretary at the Ministry of Work and Social Policy of Serbia, Zeljko Vasiljevic, proposed an idea to improve the demographic picture of Serbia. The method would be to “import” a hundred thousand women from Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma so that they would marry single men from Serbia.
- In the next two years, 120 more villages in Serbia will be left without population. I think that we should have entire country move from these country to Serbia which would settle in critical places – said Vasiljevic for Press, adding that the demographic picture of Serbia is catastrophic and that he demands radical measures.
In Serbian villages, in fact, there are 250,000 single men, and there are no women for them. Vasiljevic thinks that they could compensate this by having women from Asia, where they are the majority, settle in Serbia.
- We do not have to get only women from Asia move here, they can also be from Russia or Ukraine, and all countries of former USSR. Women from Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia are Buddhist, and Buddhism is very close to Christian Orthodox religion – said the secretary wisely.
Vasiljevic thinks that they need to start a collaboration with these countries because they would all take profit from it. Leading women to Serbia or having Serbian men leave for some other countries would accessible, and only those who are interested would take part in it. Hence, he added, we should give quality education to people. However, his colleagues were not so thrilled with his plan.
- Now one has taken interest in this plan. This has to be a proposal for the cabinet. If someone in the cabinet is interested, and I still do not know what I could do from my position in this issue. Should be anyone interested, I am ready to put a team together to work on the project – Vasiljevic stated.
Should Vasiljevic’s plan succeed, Serbia would start a wave of migration from the far east and would become the greatest friend of overpopulated eastern countries.

And this is what's happening today:
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/871914-serbian-mayor-offers-free-holiday-to-men-who-find-wives-at-love-supper
Example from my home town lol! The Major is trying to find wives for citizens of town and organize dinners for meeting... Anyway, there is big number of single men in town, and little number of single women, so he calls women from other towns. Hah, but the problem is that situation in other towns are same.

Also, often happen that Serbian men go to Albania to their villages and pick some girl there and marry her. There are also special agencies who help those men to find wife from Albania.

"Albanian girls are not extravagant. They are honest, very modest in their needs. Vidan told us that all Serbian girls want to leave for the West. They don't want to stay at home and take care of a family."
Vidan found Djana through a marriage agency. This kind of Serbian-Albanian marriage is not rare, and there are several associations officially registered with authorities that organise such unions.
Gezim Gjoka, who works for a marriage agency in the northern Albanian town of Shkodra, said that at least 86 young Albanian women had married Serbs over the last two years.
"Four children were born of these unions. I did not record any divorce," he added proudly. He said the demand came from across Serbia, not just the south which has been hit by a rural exodus.
Pavlo Jaku, a lawyer who represents Serbian and Montenegran minorities in Albania, said there were at least 8,000 outstanding requests by young Serbian men to marry Albanian women...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/6699728/Marry-me-Language-no-barrier-to-Serb-Albanian-match.html

Groenewolf
08-30-2011, 03:33 PM
There is an old Latvian saying: "If more boys are given birth, then war is uprising", that's what I meant.

Basically it comes to that is not a good thing for social stability if there are a lot of bachelor males running around who have little to lose. However if you need canon fodder for a war of conquest you then will have plenty on your hands. Needless to say such a situation is also less then ideal for women.

Eldritch
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM

The scientifically proven; XY sex-determination system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex-determination_system)

Hmmm, it seems you are (at least) partially right: older mothers are more likely to give birth to girls, but the reason is that their male partners tend to be older too, which means their Y chromosomes may "deteriorate".

As women having only one active X chromosome, read here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-inactivation#Barr_bodies).

Btw here's (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081211121835.htm) another article I dug up. The part about there being more boys born after large-scale wars especially I found fascinating.