PDA

View Full Version : Classify Kurdish nomad

Halgurd
05-09-2020, 08:30 PM
https://c7.alamy.com/comp/B1WFN0/east-turkey-nomadic-kurdish-family-outside-nomad-tents-woman-sitting-B1WFN0.jpg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DPE0AX/colorfully-traditionally-dressed-nomadic-kurdish-women-in-eastern-DPE0AX.jpg

https://s3.transterramedia.com/thumb_mds/14961/thumb_md.jpg

https://virginiadeeperskies.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mg_9303-1.jpg

Babak
05-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Iranid

Halgurd
05-09-2020, 08:40 PM
Iranid

I think she has a very archaic Iranic look.

Halgurd
05-09-2020, 08:42 PM
https://miro.medium.com/max/1300/0*dTqVxCZAthE1L_pz.jpg

Jana
05-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Robust Iranid/CM, this type should be disntict Kurdish.

Marmara
05-09-2020, 08:44 PM
Aren't these Kurdified Yörüks? As far as i know, their tribal names are all Turkish, but they speak Kurmanji. I'm curious about their genetics.

Halgurd
05-09-2020, 08:46 PM
Aren't these Kurdified Yörüks? As far as i know, their tribal names are all Turkish, but they speak Kurmanji. I'm curious about their genetics.

Not that I know of. You got any more info about that?

I’m pretty sure the ones in this picture are Kurdish though. I don’t know about Turkish nomads too much, but those are typical Kurdish nomadic tents. I always see them camped outside my village

Mejgusu
05-09-2020, 08:55 PM
They dont look typical kurdish, but i dont deny they are. This tents are typical all around westasia, from yörüks to iranian nomads to afghanistan. Ive seen many kurdish nomads and they didnt differ much from other kurds. Blond kurd i often see in more northeastern parts of turkey, like kars erzurum igdir etc, and even they were a minority.

Marmara
05-09-2020, 08:57 PM
Not that I know of. You got any more info about that?

I’m pretty sure the ones in this picture are Kurdish though. I don’t know about Turkish nomads too much, but those are typical Kurdish nomadic tents. I always see them camped outside my village

Yörüks here have identical tents. I honestly don't know much about Kurdish nomadism, but Yörüks and Kurdish Nomads may have mixed up. In Eastern Turkey Kurdish Nomads speak Kurmanji, don't look very different from other Kurds but clearly have Turkish tribal names which is super confusing, and leads to the assumption that they're Kurdified Yörüks.

Halgurd
05-09-2020, 09:04 PM
They dont look typical kurdish, but i dont deny they are. This tents are typical all around westasia, from yörüks to iranian nomads to afghanistan. Ive seen many kurdish nomads and they didnt differ much from other kurds. Blond kurd i often see in more northeastern parts of turkey, like kars erzurum igdir etc, and even they were a minority.

Afaik the only nomadic people left in West Asia are some Kurdish families, some Turks and some bedouins and actually different nomad groups have their own tent designs:

Bedouin tent:

https://www.rhitents.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/traditional-bedouin-tents-645x480.jpg

Yoruk tent I’m just searching up now:

http://www.ozan-arif.net/media/k2/items/cache/dea1e1a7352ffb274866812d6df35af9_XL.jpg

Kurdish tent:

https://previews.agefotostock.com/previewimage/medibigoff/c6650ef3874bb522c9bf3651dcddb7e3/dae-87031897.jpg

Mejgusu
05-09-2020, 09:06 PM
Afaik the only nomadic people left in West Asia are some Kurdish families, some Turks and some bedouins and actually different nomad groups have their own tent designs:

Bedouin tent:

https://www.rhitents.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/traditional-bedouin-tents-645x480.jpg

Yoruk tent I’m just searching up now:

http://www.ozan-arif.net/media/k2/items/cache/dea1e1a7352ffb274866812d6df35af9_XL.jpg

Kurdish tent:

https://previews.agefotostock.com/previewimage/medibigoff/c6650ef3874bb522c9bf3651dcddb7e3/dae-87031897.jpg

They are nomads in Iran and Afghanistan too, even in Pakistan(if i dont be mistaken).the tents could varry, but resemble strongly to each other.

Benim
05-09-2020, 09:23 PM
The woman looks very iranid + some nordid, they look east iranic I think.

Mingle
05-09-2020, 09:31 PM

There are some nomadic Persians in southern Iran too (Lurs and Laris/Achomis). The Qashqais too.

Halgurd
05-10-2020, 05:58 AM
Bump I’ve added more pictures, i feel like nomadic kurds have a unique type of look compared to sedentary kurds.

Kyp
05-10-2020, 06:13 AM
Rural Northwest-Iranian look

Robust Iranid/CM + slight Irano-Nordoid and Anadolid influences

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 07:30 AM
I wonder why they do not ban this backward nomadic lifestyle?

Halgurd
05-10-2020, 07:48 AM

Backwards? lmao thats why nomads conquered sedentary people everywhere they went

Scythian and Hunnic nomads dominated Europe
Iranic nomads conquered sedentary people in West Asia
Turkic nomads conquered sedentary people in West Asia
Lets not forget the Mongols

Nomads are übermensch.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 10:26 AM
Backwards? lmao thats why nomads conquered sedentary people everywhere they went

Nomads are übermensch.

From where are those nomads?

Kyp
05-10-2020, 11:16 AM

They are not blond though.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 11:38 AM

Nomads are übermensch.

Well either you try to convince and fool yourself, or you and I live in different universes. :)

If it depended on me, I would immediately and categorically ban such a nomadic lifestyle, producing the most backward uneducated creatures ever living on earth with a mentality of absolute parasites, denying any civilization and culture, destroying all the green vegetation in the area and wandering further like a gluttonous locust flock.

zeybek
05-10-2020, 11:52 AM
Well either you try to convince and fool yourself, or you and I live in different universes. :)

If it depended on me, I would immediately and categorically ban such a nomadic lifestyle, producing the most backward uneducated creatures ever living on earth with a mentality of absolute parasites, denying any civilization and culture, destroying all the green vegetation in the area and wandering further like a gluttonous locust flock.

What are you talking about? What kind of parasites? They are pastoralists. :picard2:

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 12:04 PM
What are you talking about? What kind of parasites? They are pastoralists. :picard2:

Are you kidding?! Didn't you know that for example the largest desert on Earth, the Sahara is just the result of the activity of nomadic "pastoralists"?!

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 12:04 PM

Yörüks in turkey are one of the most educated people in turkey if they go to school.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 12:05 PM
Are you kidding?! Didn't you know that for example the largest desert on Earth, the Sahara is just the result of the activity of nomadic "pastoralists"?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Yörüks in turkey are one of the most educated people in turkey if they go to school.

If..

we92
05-10-2020, 12:12 PM
I think they might pass in Tajikistan as a whole.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 12:12 PM
If..

All of them get education, and if they study often they become excellent medics or according their lifestyle the best veterinarians.

zeybek
05-10-2020, 12:21 PM

Those people are pastoralists. There are still many people in the world who lead this way of life and they are usually engaged in cattle breeding.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Those people are pastoralists. There are still many people in the world who lead this way of life and they are usually engaged in cattle breeding.

No, they destroyed the rainforest of ararat mountain. Bad people.

zeybek
05-10-2020, 12:29 PM

He said they are parasites. It is ironic that those people know how and can live without the State. Modern urban hipsters so-called "Creative Class" hardly survive without the help of the state if something happens. Coronavirus for example.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 12:33 PM
He said they are parasites. It is ironic that those people know how and can live without the State. Modern urban hipsters so-called "Creative Class" hardly survive without the help of the state if something happens. Coronavirus for example.

Yes but they destroyed with their sheeps the virgin forest of Daglik Karabag. These people are the most dangerous people these nomads...

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 12:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Одно время считали, что причиной возникновения Сахары было именно некоторое изменение климата. Правда, теперь известно, что пустыней этот край стал не столько из-за изменившегося климата, сколько из-за человеческой деятельности. И случилось это, когда на смену племенам охотников пришли пастухи-кочевники. Казалось бы, скотоводство не должно было повлиять на облик планеты, ведь скотоводы не вспахивают землю. Они не заменяют один растительный покров другим, не сжигают леса, чтобы получить место под пашни. Они могут пасти скот в местах, не пригодных для земледелия.

Но так кажется только на первый взгляд. Люди кочевали по некогда цветущей Сахаре с огромными стадами. Животные не только поедали растительность, но и вытаптывали ее, разрушали растительный покров, который со временем начал терять свою силу. Дерн становился настолько слабым, что уже не мог удержать песок. И тот наступал все больше и больше, превращая цветущие края в бесплодные пустыни.

https://history.wikireading.ru/102268

At one time, it was believed that the cause of the Sahara was precisely some climate change. But it is now known that this region has become a desert not so much because of the changed climate, but because of human activity. And this happened when nomadic shepherds replaced the hunter tribes. It would seem that cattle breeding should not have influenced the appearance of the planet, because cattle breeders do not plow the earth. They do not replace one vegetation cover with another, do not burn forests to get a place under arable land. They can graze cattle in places unsuitable for farming. But it seems only at first glance.

People roamed the once-blooming Sahara with huge herds. The animals not only ate the vegetation, but also trampled it, destroyed the vegetation cover, which eventually began to lose its strength. The sod grew so weak that it could no longer hold the sand. And the sand was advancing more and more, turning blooming lands into barren deserts.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 12:47 PM
https://history.wikireading.ru/102268

Nomads destroyed the fruitful land if the moon. Then they came to araratand ate all the trees there. I know, we should find a solution for the nowdays living nomads.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 12:58 PM

By the way, I heard from Armenians from Armenia who traveled on the other side of mount Ararat that the locals there on Turkish side (especially local Kurds) often suggested changing their land to land that is in Armenia because, as a result of their previous activities, they already do not have green pastures in the mountains, meanwhile in Armenia nowadays there are full of green mountains ideal for grazing.

Even Iran several times at the state level wanted to rent large areas as pastures in Armenia, but ours refused it, although Iranians were willing to pay good money.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 01:02 PM
By the way, I heard from Armenians from Armenia who traveled on the other side of mount Ararat that the locals there on Turkish side (especially local Kurds) often suggested changing their land to land that is in Armenia because, as a result of their previous activities, they already do not have green pastures in the mountains, meanwhile in Armenia nowadays there are full of green mountains ideal for grazing.

Ok i cant joking anymore. Maybe i lost it when i was destroying the fruitful land of moon and sahara.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 01:10 PM
Ok i cant joking anymore. Maybe i lost it when i was destroying the fruitful land of moon and sahara.

I see no reason for joking. You seem to live very far away and do not quite clearly realize the real picture of what is happening in those places where nomads live.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Dont forget that your ancestors also were nomads. But i dont know how much IE you have.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 01:20 PM
Dont forget that your ancestors also were nomads. But i dont know how much IE you have.

The most interesting thing is that I propose to save these people from this difficult unpromising life of a nomad, to give them the opportunity to live a full normal life, to get an education and the like, and you seem to oppose all this. :)

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 01:25 PM
The most interesting thing is that I propose to save these people from this difficult unpromising life of a nomad, to give them the opportunity to live a full normal life, to get an education and the like, and you seem to oppose all this. :)

Normally i wouldnt discuss but it rains, so:

Nomadic lifestyle are normal for them. They live a lifestyle without civilization diseases. And if they get a disease, nowdays hospitals are also for nomads. Many of them are nice people, dont know what capitalistic or communist systems are, what poverty and wealth are, they behave to you like a familymember. Yes their life is hard, but maybe most people are unhappy because we live a non natural life. Like steal daglik karabag.

Babak
05-10-2020, 03:48 PM

Werent Proto armenians nomads too?

Nomads dont bother anyone usually. Especially the ones in Iran.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 03:49 PM

Pipe down, what are you saying.

Babak
05-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Pipe down, what are you saying.

Edit

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 03:57 PM
I
Im saying that these arent backward lifestyles. A lot of people are still nomads in west asia. Why the hostility? Slow down your high horse.

Bro that was irony, i meant you were totally right.

Babak
05-10-2020, 03:59 PM
I

Bro that was irony, i meant you were totally right.

Oh lmao

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 04:03 PM
I just make fun of that this guy really thinks sahara emerged after nomad lived there. So and ialso think that daglik karabag and ararat were full of raubforest but these stupid nomads destroyed all.

Marmara
05-10-2020, 04:08 PM

In Turkey there are very few nomads left, and they want to keep their tradition. Ottomans forcefully settled down many Yörüks, they used to be very resistant to setting down, so they don't see what you offer as an opportunity.

Kaspias
05-10-2020, 04:10 PM

You seem like very civilized, can you teach me some?

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 04:27 PM
You seem like very civilized, can you teach me some?

Kim kardashian.

Kaspias
05-10-2020, 04:57 PM
Kim kardashian.

I see the light yet I need an Armenian admonition for total enlightenment.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 05:34 PM

Actually this is firstly proposed for nomads' own good, and secondly, each country should in theory want to have more educated citizens with higher qualifications etc. I think that Iran needs physicists and engineers, not illiterate shepherds and "chobans". (In Armenia, by the way the word "choban" sounds like an insult, as a synonym for a very retarded ignorant person. Nobody will even give his daughter a permission to marry a son of a choban.)

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Actually this is firstly proposed for nomads' own good, and secondly, each country should in theory want to have more educated citizens with higher qualifications etc. I think that Iran needs physicists and engineers, not illiterate shepherds and "chobans". (In Armenia, by the way the word "choban" sounds like an insult, as a synonym for a very retarded ignorant person. Nobody will even give his daughter a permission to marry a son of a choban.)

Because Armenia is the center of the civilization. Without your diaspora you dont even survive 1 year. Armenia is the third world of hole westasia. These iranians have a history full of proud, even this mullah state has more educated people than the hole armenian population of the world.

Btw daglik karabag belongs to azerbaijan.

Marmara
05-10-2020, 05:52 PM

Physicists and Engineers can't feed you, sheep herds need a shepherd, not a physicist.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 05:55 PM
Because Armenia is the center of the civilization. Without your diaspora you dont even survive 1 year. Armenia is the third world of hole westasia. These iranians have a history full of proud, even this mullah state has more educated people than the hole armenian population of the world.

Btw daglik karabag belongs to azerbaijan.

Can you stay in the subject? This thread is about nomads.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 05:57 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oypkikvwu_w

Your president is smart, he admits that Daglik Karabag belongs toAzerbaijan.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 05:58 PM
Can you stay in the subject? This thread is about nomads.

No nomads are parasites and cobans are retarded. Btw i am the first one of my family who isnt a coban. But i am proud to be descended of this people, the know what life is.

Bosniensis
05-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Persians

Kurds are Persian leftover from ancient past.

Arsen_
05-10-2020, 06:06 PM
Physicists and Engineers can't feed you, sheep herds need a shepherd, not a physicist.

You may have a limited number of shepherds as for example 0.1% of your population and that's enough. But you can't have a population where 99% of men are shepherds. Even Ottomans as you noted realized that and forced the nomads to settle.

Mejgusu
05-10-2020, 06:08 PM
You may have a limited number of shepherds as for example 0.1% of your population and that's enough. But you can't have a population where 99% of men are shepherds. Even Ottomans as you noted realized that and forced the nomads to settle.

Ey ey ey ottomans those evil people i dont want to hear ottomans. Disgusting murderer....

Marmara
05-10-2020, 06:18 PM

Which country has this large amount of shepherds? In Turkey today they started to employ Afghan illegals as shepherds because they can't find any.

Babak
05-10-2020, 06:24 PM

There's a substantial amount of those people in Urban cities. The youth population is very educated and quite successful in Iran for example. Im not even sure why you bring Armenia into this discussion as it has nothing to do with this thread. It doesnt matter what Armenia or Armenians think of Shepherds.

Halgurd
05-10-2020, 07:05 PM
anyways any more classifications?

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:06 PM
There is nothing about this woman that is Turkish. NorthWest Iranic looking, very Kurdish. There is nothing untypical non-Kurdish about her. She look also more 'pure' Kurdic than Persian. Persians have in general bigger eyes than Kurds. There are many Kurdish women like her here in Belgium.

Also crazy when people say something like Eastern Iranian. They clearly didn't see Eastern Iranians, because majority of them have very pseudo-Mongoloid look, since Eastern Iranians are mixed with the Mongoloid people.

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Persians

Kurds are Persian leftover from ancient past.Kurds are genetically more pure Western Iranic than Persians. Also Kurdish is much more a pure Western Iranian language than Farsi.

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:13 PM
anyways any more classifications?Typical Kurdsh. You can find her phenotype very often in the Yezidi population in the Caucasus, a lot in 'pure' unmixed Kurmanji Kurds in the heartland of Kurdistan (Hekarî, Wan, Şirnex), Kurds in SouthEastern Kurdistan etc. With other words very typical Kurd.

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:26 PM
Yezidi kurds of the same 'type'/ Very Kurdish/NorthWest Iranid looking people. Most Yezidis are like that.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYxWVwCm/1-CD0891-E-C8-B0-48-D3-952-E-75-B50-B9-DA733-w4228-n-st.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/2SMyVJXQ/armenia-wedding-1858.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/gJP0Khpr/armenia-wedding-1872.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wvcj4Bx2/yazidis-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/NFCYZ936/DBDBA751-1009-4-B5-F-BD69-FA522-D6-BBF82-w4228-n-st.jpg

Marmara
05-10-2020, 07:27 PM
There is nothing about this woman that is Turkish. NorthWest Iranic looking, very Kurdish. There is nothing untypical non-Kurdish about her. She look also more 'pure' Kurdic than Persian. Persians have in general bigger eyes than Kurds. There are many Kurdish women like her here in Belgium.

Also crazy when people say something like Eastern Iranian. They clearly didn't see Eastern Iranians, because majority of them have very pseudo-Mongoloid look, since Eastern Iranians are mixed with the Mongoloid people.

I agree she looks Kurdish.

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:32 PM
More Yezidi women

https://i.postimg.cc/zGg5Pf0h/yezdi.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vH1dcBRK/yazidi-4.jpg

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:33 PM
I agree she looks Kurdish.More Kurdic than anything else. In general Kurds have a different eye shape (smaller eyes) than Persians.

Kyp
05-10-2020, 07:35 PM
More Kurdic than anything else. In general Kurds have a different eye shape (smaller eyes) than Persians.

This is the case for several iranian nomadic groups

Zoro
05-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Sorry but kurdish would not be my 1st guess and I’ve seen thousands of kurds but I’m going by my area relatives and what I’ve seen. I’m not sure where I would place them

Looks like there’s a huge amount of variation phenotype amongst kurds

Eline
05-10-2020, 07:37 PM
There are still Yezidi nomads left in the Eastern Kurdistan. But they keep their religion secret because they are terrified to face persecution by the Muslims.

Halgurd
05-10-2020, 07:38 PM
I do imagine that this is how archaic Kurds looked tbh. It's not that they are more "pure", because many Kurdish tribes were still nomadic at the end of the 19th century, but they are defo more adapted to that harsh way of life that most Kurds have abandoned which gives them that unique look.

Kyp
05-10-2020, 07:42 PM
I do imagine that this is how archaic Kurds looked tbh. It's not that they are more "pure", because many Kurdish tribes were still nomadic at the end of the 19th century, but they are defo more adapted to that harsh way of life that most Kurds have abandoned which gives them that unique look.

Yes it's probably old archaic northwest Iranian look. This kind of look is also visible in the turkish speaking nomads of Iran with some turkic layer. Phenotype is called Robust Iranid. An old Cro-magnon type of the iranic tribes.
https://epicpersia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/qashqai.jpg

Eline
05-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Looks like there’s a huge amount of variation phenotype amongst kurdsThere are 40 million Kurds. Kurds come in many shapes. But this lady look very NorthWest Iranic. nothing Semitic about her.

Here is the photo of a northern Yezidi Kurdish lady who is more robust NorthWest Iranic with a lot Hurrian elements. Her nose is too big, ;)

https://i.postimg.cc/0jj3htdQ/Naamloos.png

And here is the picture of another Yezidi Kurdish lady who is has more softer southern features. I think you are used to this second 'type'

https://i.postimg.cc/sg78FGSp/36780926-303.jpg

Zoro
05-10-2020, 08:25 PM
There are 40 million Kurds. Kurds come in many shapes. But this lady look very NorthWest Iranic. nothing Semitic about her.

Here is the photo of a northern Yezidi Kurdish lady who is more robust NorthWest Iranic with a lot Hurrian elements. Her nose is too big, ;)

https://i.postimg.cc/0jj3htdQ/Naamloos.png

And here is the picture of another Yezidi Kurdish lady who is has more softer southern features. I think you are used to this second 'type'

https://i.postimg.cc/sg78FGSp/36780926-303.jpg

Yeah those fit within the spectrum i’m familiar with but not the OP pics. The variation reflects the variation in ancestral contributions. The core phenotype i’m familiar with is very indo-iranic

Ive also seen a few kochars in my area

Eline
05-10-2020, 08:38 PM
The core phenotype i’m familiar with is very indo-iranicIndo-Iranic? Can you show me what you do consider Indo-Iranic?

As far as I know all people here in the pictures look very NorthWestern Iranic to me.

Halgurd
05-10-2020, 09:38 PM
Yeah those fit within the spectrum i’m familiar with but not the OP pics. The variation reflects the variation in ancestral contributions. The core phenotype i’m familiar with is very indo-iranic

Ive also seen a few kochars in my area

I think mountain elevation and environment plays a part too. This is a nomad from Duhok (Nerwayi tribe). He looks more like sedentary Kurds than the Kurds I posted in post 1 who would probably be living at 3000ft+. Duhok's elevation is about half of that.

https://i.ibb.co/j3r90Fm/D81186-E8-8-A56-426-D-846-C-3-D2-EE15-BFAF6.jpg

Zoro
05-10-2020, 11:33 PM
Indo-Iranic? Can you show me what you do consider Indo-Iranic?

As far as I know all people here in the pictures look very NorthWestern Iranic to me.

I mean Kurds are very pan-Iranic corresponding to all the groups that speak Indo-Iranian languages whether Eastern or Western Iranic. These kurds would fit in very well within my kurdish relatives

The other 3 pics that were just added to the OP look more familiar to me than the 1st one posted especially among Kochars

https://i.imgur.com/3klw3Hy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/a9bFCAA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e0kKI8Z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mBeVZOL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ocI9sZs.jpg

Eline
05-11-2020, 12:00 AM
I mean Kurds are very pan-Iranic corresponding to all the groups that speak Indo-Iranian languages whether Eastern or Western Iranic. These kurds would fit in very well within my kurdish relatives

The other 3 pics that were just added to the OP look more familiar to me than the 1st one posted especially among Kochars
Honestly, I don't see much differences between the Kurdish females you posted and other Kurds here. Almost the same.

Females look very basic Kurdish to me. Only the older man looks a little bit mixed to me, like somehow he is a little bit shifted toward SouthCentral Asia. And the musician looks a little bit Semite shifted. Area around his mouth (lips) looks a little bit Semitic.

But the thing is that the Iran_ChL was the last major formation of the ancient people of Kurdistan and Iran_ChL has nothing to do with SouthCentral Asia, since it is actually very, very NorthWestern Asiatic in nature. Kurds are msotly Iran_ChL. It was actually this Iran_ChL that Indo-Europeanized the Steppes/Yamnaya.

Iran_ChL = 63,1% CHG + 20,2% Anatolia_ChL + 16,7% Iran_N.

https://i.postimg.cc/x87shMRV/Iran-ChL.jpg

Zoro
05-11-2020, 12:55 AM
Honestly, I don't see much differences between the Kurdish females you posted and other Kurds here. Almost the same.

Females look very basic Kurdish to me. Only the older man looks a little bit mixed to me, like somehow he is a little bit shifted toward SouthCentral Asia. And the musician looks a little bit Semite shifted. Area around his mouth (lips) looks a little bit Semitic.

But the thing is that the Iran_ChL was the last major formation of the ancient people of Kurdistan and Iran_ChL has nothing to do with SouthCentral Asia, since it is actually very, very NorthWestern Asiatic in nature. Kurds are msotly Iran_ChL. It was actually this Iran_ChL that Indo-Europeanized the Steppes/Yamnaya.

Iran_ChL = 63,1% CHG + 20,2% Anatolia_ChL + 16,7% Iran_N.

https://i.postimg.cc/x87shMRV/Iran-ChL.jpg

But here is where you're wrong. Iran-Chl has everything to do with both W. Iranians as well as SC Asians. Take a look at the supplement to S. Asian paper that you posted figures from a few pages back.

You'll see these modeling tables for BMAC ( they excavated remains from a few sites in the east and west part of BMAC shown below). You'll notice that Iran-Chl whether it be the Haji-Firuz sample or the Seh Gabi sample makes up a substantial percentage of BMAC folks, maybe not as much as with Kurds but nonetheless still around 25-30%. Since SC Asians are also decended from BMAC thus Iran-Chl was great grand daddy for Kurds as well as Pashtuns.

To make matters worse, additional Iran-Chl ancestry was added to SC Asia when Baloch people migrated there from western Iran about 1000 to 2000 years ago. Then you had other grand daddies for both Pashtuns and Kurds, the Steppe-IA and Parthian people. That's why Kurds share so much ancestry with Pashtuns because they share so many great grand daddies over the past 5000 years.

1st column in the table is p-value (higher is better, need higher than 0.05). 2nd col is source1, 3rd col is source2, 4th col is source3. Remaining columns are std errors for source 1 thru 3

https://i.imgur.com/Ex6Or59.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UUEvuZk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1defy5M.jpg

Eline
05-11-2020, 01:16 AM
But here is where you're wrong. Iran-Chl has everything to do with both W. Iranians as well as SC Asians. Take a look at the supplement to S. Asian paper that you posted figures from a few pages back.You are right about everything. But I meant that there was no major migration from SouthCentral Asian into Kurdistan during Iran_ChL era. There was a 1 way migration from Iran_ChL (Kurdistan) into BMAC during that era. Sure thousands of years after that there was a back migration from SouthCentral Asia with Parthians/Saka (who had themselves a lot Iran_ChL).

What I tried to say is that that pseudo SouthCentral Asian look in Kurdistan came much later thousands of years after Iran_ChL was formed. Iran_ChL was very CHG (Caucasus shifted). But CHG in turn is like for about 71,6% Iran_NEO.

https://i.postimg.cc/SsW4dQ7r/123.jpg

CHG = 71,6% Iran_NEO + 21,4% EHG + 7% WHG
Iran_ChL = 63,1% CHG + 20,2% Anatolia_ChL + 16,7% Iran_NEO

Kurds have already 13,5% of EHG from Iran_ChL (0,631 X 0,214) only.

Iran_Chl is a very special component, keep an eye on it. :wink

Zoro
05-11-2020, 01:29 AM
You are right about everything. But I meant that there was no major migration from SouthCentral Asian into Kurdistan during Iran_ChL era. There was a 1 way migration from Iran_ChL (Kurdistan) into BMAC during that era. Sure thousands of years after that there was a back migration from SouthCentral Asia with Parthians/Saka (who had themselves a lot Iran_ChL).

What I tried to say is that that pseudo SouthCentral Asian look in Kurdistan came much later thousands of years after Iran_ChL was formed. Iran_ChL was very CHG (Caucasus shifted). But CHG in turn is like for about 71,6% Iran_NEO.

https://i.postimg.cc/SsW4dQ7r/123.jpg

CHG = 71,6% Iran_NEO + 21,4% EHG
Iran_ChL = 63,1% CHG + 20,2% Anatolia_ChL + 16,7% Iran_NEO

Kurds have already 13,5% of EHG from Iran_ChL (0,631 X 0,214) only.

So you have the genetic overlap, phenotype overlap, and language overlap between Kurds and SC Asians.

Iran_Chl is a very special component, keep an eye on it. :wink

ok kaka :)

Joachim
01-03-2023, 07:30 AM
https://c7.alamy.com/comp/B1WFN0/east-turkey-nomadic-kurdish-family-outside-nomad-tents-woman-sitting-B1WFN0.jpg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DPE0AX/colorfully-traditionally-dressed-nomadic-kurdish-women-in-eastern-DPE0AX.jpg

https://s3.transterramedia.com/thumb_mds/14961/thumb_md.jpg

https://virginiadeeperskies.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mg_9303-1.jpg

Original iran_N/chg phenotypes except the last one who has neo-genesised phenotype and suffers from phenotype deviation.
Mountain Kurds show the OG iranN/chg phenotype too,
Mtebid isn't chg.
Mtebid is phenotype drift from chg

Applesandoranges
01-03-2023, 09:01 AM
They remind me of wakhi nomads in badakhshan

Roy
01-03-2023, 04:59 PM
Robust (Proto?) Iranid

Jingle Bell
01-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Iranid, Irano-nordoids, Proto-Iranid and some Cap Med