PDA

View Full Version : Serbian Cellist to Feature in Bond Movie

poiuytrewq0987
08-31-2011, 07:08 PM
With shooting set to start in Serbia on the 23rd instalment of the epic James Bond saga, a local artist has been given a chance to join the list of famous musical talent that has contributed to this iconic film franchise.

Cellist Jelena Mihailovic has been hired to write an original score for the film, thereby becoming the first Serbian to be part of a Bond film.

Mihailovic will join the long list of musical acts who have contributed to agent 007's inescapable opening theme song, such as Sir Paul McCartney, Madonna, Alicia Keys, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Duran Duran and many more.

As is often the case with major career breakthroughs such as this one, Jelena was in the right place at the right time - performing one of her many concerts in France during the Cannes Film Festival when she was spotted by the producers and director of the next Bond film.

The filmmakers were taken aback by Jelena's performance and immediately offered her the chance to write the opening score for upcoming Bond film, Carte Blanche.

“I am delighted to have been given the honour of meeting these important people. I have had the chance to work with some established musicians, like Gautier Capucon, Gary Hoffman, Christian-Pierre La Marca and Leonid Gorokhov, but now opportunities are opening up. Contact has been made and I am expecting an invitation to the U.S. soon... until then I will be working on my new album, which is due to be released in October,” says Jelena, who has also been dubbed the Serbian Vanessa May.

As Jelena reveals, her next album will include pieces by Bach, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles and the Gipsy Kings, representing a melting pot of genres, tastes, generations and styles.

Born in Valjevo, Jelena graduated from the Belgrade Music Academy as one of the top students of her class. After further education abroad and having proved to be one of the finest students, she was offered the opportunity to record an album then being produced jointly by the Cultural Educational Union and the Affirmation Fund.

Although the 23rd James Bond film is still in early production, Jelena reveals that her opening score will be a mixture of the recognisable Bond theme with a more classical touch.

Producers have confirmed that lead actor Daniel Craig will retain his role as James Bond once again and will be joined by Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Dame Judi Dench will also return in her familiar role as M.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/serbian-to-play-cello-in-bond-movie