PDA

View Full Version : Christian Coalition Party attacked by anti-racists

European blood
09-02-2011, 12:49 AM
12-15 aggressive protesters from the SOS Racism demonstrated outside the Christian Party's booth on the main street.

(Dagbladet): Christian Coalition Party (KS) valgbod in Oslo was today attacked by protesters from the SOS Racism.

Police made three emergency calls about a fight at 12:06. Then they got a call from KS, who said that they had been attacked by 20 anti-racists. The first message was that there were people who had been injured.

- We have had a chat with those who went to the booth and the descendants of an order to remove them, says operations manager Kjell Hjulstad told Dagbladet.

- Probably it is a leader in KS that has been pushed, but it is not registered with injuries, said Hjulstad.

Martin Grüner Larsen was on the party's stand when the fight broke out. He describes what happened:

- A band from the SOS Racism was quickly propelled to the Christian Coalition's stand and started demonstrating in front of them. Eventually one of the party hold of a poster and tried to tear it down. He was met with punches and kicks from the members of SOS Racism, says witness Grüner Larsen.

City Council Candidate in Progress Brage Baklien witnessed the lever and has written a blog about what he saw.

- A person who was on the stand for the Christian Coalition Party was kicked to the ground by rioters from the SOS Racism, writes Baklien.

- Went off on him
Anne Liv Gamlem from KS was on the stand who was attacked, she tells of an aggressive mood.

- Suddenly there was a group of SOS Racism, it was probably a 12-15 pieces. They were aggressive, and when Magne Tanem tried to take down one of the posters, they went off on him. Two or three pieces struck him while I ran and called police, telling Gamlem to Dagbladet.

Gamlem says that the police turned away the protesters from the SOS Racism.

Several witnesses, as well as Gamlem from the Christian Coalition Party, explains therefore that the demonstrators went to physical attacks on the county leader Magnar Tanem, but the main character himself is committed to downplaying the episode.

- I was just attacked. They came out and demonstrated by our booth and it was a little pushing. It was NOK one who tried to beat me, but he was stopped, said Magnar Tanem to Dagbladet.

SOS Racism should have shouted "No to racism" at the booth, when Magne Tanem tried to talk to them.

- I tried to enter into dialogue with them, but it was very difficult. They would not talk, so I said "you do not know what you're talking about" racism accusations. Then they came very close to our booth, telling Tanem.

- Support from God
Tanem said that he "nudges no" turned on a megaphone with siren on.

- Are you scared after the attack on the election booth theirs?

- I'm NOK too little afraid in such situations, I am totally convinced that we have the support of God in this election. It makes NOK that is just too little scared sometimes. We stood in our place that we have received from the municipality and then move, we do not, says Tanem.

- We were attacked
SOS Racism has a different opinion of what happened than the witnesses and those who stood on the Christian Coalition Party's stand. Kenneth Fuglemsmo, vice chairman of SOS Racism, was not even present on the main street, but have been in contact with those who were there.

- They tell me that it certainly was not someone from the SOS Racism attacking someone from the Christian Coalition Party. On the contrary, there was one from KS who attacked SOS Racism. We had a demonstration against KS because it is a racist party. It was a peaceful, nonviolent demonstration, says Fuglemsmo to Dagbladet.

- How did the SOS Racism demonstration attack?

- There was one who tried to tear the posters by hand from the people. That's what I've heard.

- We are always non-violent in our demonstrations. It is an important principle for us, says Fuglemsmo

Morten Selven, national director of Christian Coalition Party, rejects strongly that they are somewhat racist party.

- We are talking about Jesus' love and healing power, it also applies to immigrants. I think we should be careful to take in anyone in Norway, but the first in Norway, we will of course treat the best way, says even told Dagbladet.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/08/27/nyheter/kristent_samlingsparti/sos_rasisme/innenriks/17846092/&ei=CjFZToLrJovYsgaLhLGsCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.dagbladet.no/2011/08/27/nyheter/kristent_samlingsparti/sos_rasisme/innenriks/17846092/%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns