PDA

View Full Version : Knitting and Crochet

Solwyn
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Hello everyone,

In three forums that I participate in, people have asked "Can you teach me?" when it comes to things like knit and crochet. My answer is always "Of course" but when we're all located in different countries it gets a bit tricky:p

I have been staving off most requests because of things where I work - the director is taking care of her dying brother and she relies on me to keep the ship sailing smoothly, so quite often I'm dropping everything to go to work on short notice. I may end up losing my job in June, LOL, so I'm not complaining!!!!

Anyway, in April, I would like to offer online classes to anyone who is interested. Send me a private message. This is going to be posted at the OR private forums and O.net as well, so if you participate in one of those, just pm me once:D

I don't know if they will be days, evenings, or what. For now I am just officially extending the invite because I've heard from a gaggle of ladies in the Odinist community who are patiently waiting for me to put it together. As soon as I know who is interested, when they think they could participate and what their time zone is, I'll have a better idea.

I'll be looking into chat clients that let groups of us interact live, so if you have any preferences or suggestions, let me know because yours truly is a technotard of the highest order.

FFF
Solwyn

Solwyn
03-26-2009, 01:09 AM
*BUMP!!!*

Alright....that was a nice response, and some of you within the first hour!!!

:D

It makes me pleased, it does. These are life skills among many that we can't afford to lose.

Anyway, I was nerved up to post this here, seeing as how I haven't been here very long, and I was quite excited to see interested people!!!

It's time for some decaf now:coffee:

Absinthe
03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I would actually love to learn but we're somewhat far away... :D

I do admire what you do, though. I wish I had the time to knit my own stuff.

My grandmather's sister taught me how to do it, when I was young, and I knitted a scarf for my grandpa :) I find it to be an extremely creative and stress relieving experience.

HawkR
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
HAH! :D I was thaught by a student(male) in the proccess of knitting today:D I'm knitting a scarf and it's going terriebly. But I can't do anything than love it, it's relaxing and fun actually. Thanks for making this thread so that I were inspired to join a male student at school in knitting:D

Solwyn
03-26-2009, 11:50 PM
I would actually love to learn but we're somewhat far away... :D

I do admire what you do, though. I wish I had the time to knit my own stuff.

My grandmather's sister taught me how to do it, when I was young, and I knitted a scarf for my grandpa :) I find it to be an extremely creative and stress relieving experience.

You can if you have skype:P

Solwyn
03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
HAH! :D I was thaught by a student(male) in the proccess of knitting today:D I'm knitting a scarf and it's going terriebly. But I can't do anything than love it, it's relaxing and fun actually. Thanks for making this thread so that I were inspired to join a male student at school in knitting:D

I taught my son to knit. He made a scarf, put the needles down and that was that. He may never do anything with it, but he remembers how. He may resurrect that skill again someday, or, he may shoot me with laser beams for telling everyone on the internet that he can knit.