PDA

View Full Version : Colored eyes from a Brown eyes parents

altaic
06-11-2020, 05:32 PM
My parents have light brown eyes. I have blue eyes, my brother has green eyes and my sister has brown eyes. Anyone has similar experiences? I have seen some Turks similar to my case.

Here actually is an answer for my question from a doctor from Stanford University. Would love to hear you experiences..
https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/brown-eyed-parents-blue-eyed-kids

I also read this the below comment on another website which is surprisingly true for most cases I saw...
"The first and last peoples generally have brown eyes, and the second and third light eyes."

Chris596
06-11-2020, 05:42 PM
My first cousin has blue eyes and a similar face like mine. Everyone thinks she's from Russia (in general). Both of her parents have brown eyes (his father is the brother of my mom).

Also, the link you provided is a good explanation to this phenomenon.

TheMaestro
06-11-2020, 05:49 PM
My dad has light brown mother green blue and I have darker eyes than both of them

JamesBond007
06-11-2020, 06:04 PM
My parents have light brown eyes. I have blue eyes, my brother has green eyes and my sister has brown eyes. Anyone has similar experiences? I have seen some Turks similar to my case.

Here actually is an answer for my question from a doctor from Stanford University. Would love to hear you experiences..
https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/brown-eyed-parents-blue-eyed-kids

I also read this the below comment on another website which is surprisingly true for most cases I saw...
"The first and last peoples generally have brown eyes, and the second and third light eyes."

LOL, Americans seem to be obsessed with hair and eye color. Anyway, I have brown eyes but both my parents have hazel eyes so logically the reverse seems to be true to even without reading your link.

Americans seem to think that brown eyes is not 'european' meanwhile 22% of the United Kingdom has brown eyes and and about half the French population, at least , have brown eyes.

On an individual basis Hair and eye color don't mean jackshit except maybe in parts of scandinavia when it comes to being and ethnic native of a european population generally speaking.

dududud
06-11-2020, 06:08 PM
Pictures of your parents eyes.

Lousianaboy
06-11-2020, 06:39 PM
my father is blue eyed, my mother is hazel eyed and im light brown eyed or hazel

Ylla
06-11-2020, 08:00 PM
My parents are both brown eyed I have light eyes and both my husband and I are light eyed but our son has brown eyes. It can happen ☺️

altaic
06-11-2020, 08:10 PM
I guess it happens to have colored eyes even if your parents both have brown eyes. It sounds unusual to some people but there are some explanations behind that as I shared on OP.

Leto
06-11-2020, 11:11 PM
My parents are both brown eyed I have light eyes and both my husband and I are light eyed but our son has brown eyes. It can happen ☺️
Sorry for asking but is your husband English?

Leto
06-11-2020, 11:12 PM
To answer the OP question: yes, it does happen sometimes. Especially in dark countries where blue eyes are (relatively) rare. For example Bashar Assad has blue eyes but I believe his parents had brown.

Cristiano viejo
06-11-2020, 11:13 PM
Happens in my family too.

Cristiano viejo
06-11-2020, 11:16 PM

That is the opposite and in the case both of you had BLUE eyes, your son would have blue eyes too for sure at 100%.
As iirc you did have BLUE eyes, that means your husband does not have so.

Ylla
06-12-2020, 08:32 AM
That is the opposite and in the case both of you had BLUE eyes, your son would have blue eyes too for sure at 100%.
As iirc you did have BLUE eyes, that means your husband does not have so.

Yes he has more greenish grey eyes.

altaic
06-12-2020, 02:08 PM
To answer the OP question: yes, it does happen sometimes. Especially in dark countries where blue eyes are (relatively) rare. For example Bashar Assad has blue eyes but I believe his parents had brown.

It happens everywhere based on the link I shared, articles I saw and members comments here. I am not sure if anything especial/special in particular region. It is probably just more surprising to hear in a countries where colored eyes are not very common.

Ljubic
06-14-2020, 05:49 PM
Not weird, just genetic recombination. Do you have blue eyed grandparents?

waam
06-16-2020, 11:17 PM
Yeah although sometimes it's super out of the blue. My dad has green eyes and both his parents had dark brown eyes (and to top it off one of these parents is a Yemenite). My siblings and I ended up with dark brown eyes though.

Finnish Swede
06-16-2020, 11:45 PM
Are following people similar (what comes to their eyes) ... not only how those eyes looks ... but as wholly?

A.) one has blue eyes and one or both of his/hers parents have brown eyes

vs

B.) one has blue eyes and all his/hers ancestors many many generation back have had just blue eyes.

Just as sometimes what we can ''see'' is still not all (''learned'' that here via antropology - races - genetics dissussions).

altaic
06-17-2020, 04:24 AM
Not weird, just genetic recombination. Do you have blue eyed grandparents?

Nope. Parents, grandparents all brown. Aunt, Uncle from both side all brown. My paternal grandmother s brother had blue eyes, they all very very light skinned.

I have similar experiences in my relative as well. My uncle has brown eyes, his wife has blue eyes(her dad has blue eyes as well). Their first kid has brown eyes, second kid has green eyes and third kid has blue eyes. If they had the 4th kid, it will be mostly likely brown eyes..

Lucas
06-17-2020, 08:34 AM
I have grey eyes, wife brown with very little green/hazel and daughter has outer part grey with green/hazel part in the middle (not ideal circle, quite irregular).
The most obvious process of creating mixed eye color.

Mortimer
06-17-2020, 09:15 AM
That is easy possible if you like you can do 23andme traits it will tell you the chances of you having brown hazel green or blue eyes let say it is 50 50 chance or even only 20 chance you still easy can turn blue eyed

Mixdguy17
06-17-2020, 09:19 AM
Both of my parents have brown eyes (My mom has amber eyes), and the 4 of my grandparents have brown eyes. I am the only one of my siblings with hazel green eyes.

Kaspias
06-17-2020, 12:32 PM
That is easy possible if you like you can do 23andme traits it will tell you the chances of you having brown hazel green or blue eyes let say it is 50 50 chance or even only 20 chance you still easy can turn blue eyed

23andme's result is about the genotype you inherited. The probability of getting blue eye is about possibilities of what you can get from your parents.

For example I'm AG which gives me a significant possibility for being brown or hazel, if my wife would be GG then there is a 50% chance for my child to have blue eyes. If my wife would be AG too then there is a 25% chance for my child to have blue eyes. And there is no chance if she is GG.