PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to tell how Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, etc. someone is?

Skeleton
06-14-2020, 11:38 PM
Is there like a DNA test or some other way to tell you how Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, etc. you are?

Benyzero
06-14-2020, 11:42 PM
Well old tribes mixed a lot, but generally a normal dna kit like a 23andme can tell you a lot. Gedmatch calcs are useful too.

Skeleton
06-15-2020, 04:23 AM
Well old tribes mixed a lot, but generally a normal dna kit like a 23andme can tell you a lot. Gedmatch calcs are useful too.

Well I’ve done 23&Me and it apparently only goes back 500 years, so I don’t think I could use it for ancient ancestry.

Benyzero
06-15-2020, 08:09 AM
Well I’ve done 23&Me and it apparently only goes back 500 years, so I don’t think I could use it for ancient ancestry.

Search mytrueancestry.com .. That is the closest you can get probably. Modern ancestry indicates ancient tho.

Creoda
06-15-2020, 09:06 AM
Is there like a DNA test or some other way to tell you how Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, etc. you are?
There like is, but you like have to understand how to use and interpret it like.

It's like called Global25 or whatever.

Lucas
06-15-2020, 01:28 PM
Useless question. First how you define Germanic and Celtic? If by language which they speak today or self-identity you find much less comparing to situation when you take into account historical ancestry then most of French and good part of Swiss and German, even many Spaniards or north Italians are of Celtic heritage. Now go figure your oracle results, bearing in mind all of this.