PDA

View Full Version : Skull Height

Idontknow
06-19-2020, 01:36 PM
I was curious: how can I measure the skull height without appropriate instruments? Then, need to measure from top of the head to...? Ear hole? Ear lobe? Brow ridge?..

Lucas
06-19-2020, 02:20 PM
I was curious: how can I measure the skull height without appropriate instruments? Then, need to measure from top of the head to...? Ear hole? Ear lobe? Brow ridge?..

ear hole

JamesBond007
06-19-2020, 02:41 PM

I dunno, dude, once people where like telling me to measure myself calipers they totally lost me and I relied on common sense and genetics instead.

Ok, So I'm not steroteotypically blonde haired blue eyed WASP but genetic calculators and common sense tells me I'm a WASP like this instead :

http://cdn29.us1.fansshare.com/images/keiraknightley/keira-knightley-fashion-fashion-shoot-black-hair-actress-fashion-568376217.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/legtcXgzT0HM49qG5LLhWveKck68zD2SM3etv3-Y95o78IoJF9BMkv5NTZ0y-k7kbUvmrsmOySVqrQI67gflHZ5XJSvPcBeiXuXb1pZjGqVzwRX HHsfUgMEPa3xJ--Y

Columella
06-19-2020, 08:40 PM
Attach a piece of string to a ruler, put the ruler only he top of head (pushing down hair) Keep the ruler always horizontal.
The string should fall perpendicular (Ruler and strong must be always at 90 degree angle) and pull The string down at the height of earhole. Mark it there.
Then remove everything, hold the string straight and measure the lenght.
It’s not precise but should do if done correctly and better if someone helps you.

Idontknow
06-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Was thinking if it can be done with a drawer but maybe it can be not very comfortable and misleading Lol, placing the top of the head on the still part and moving the drawer door until it reaches the ear hole while looking straight ahead of you and measure..., yeah not comfortable at all... I tried to measure the head length too using this method, i got a height-lenght index of 72~ and a cephalic index of 72.5