PDA

View Full Version : How common are Turanid/Turanid influenced individuals among Hungarians?

Universe
06-21-2020, 10:18 AM
title

Jana
06-21-2020, 10:22 AM
They are not hard to find but obviously average Hungarian has no such influence.

Immanenz
06-21-2020, 10:48 AM
i dont think anybody here made studies on this.
Pure Turanids are probably extremly rare. Turanid like admix is occasional, but propably in the same rate as you can find more Western and Northern looking people.

Chris596
06-21-2020, 10:59 AM
They are pretty rare in big towns for example, you can find more people in the rural areas. Germanic and/or West/East/South Slavic looking people are much more common.

I also observed that it's more common in families, it can't really appear randomly, only when more people have this phenotype imo.

Blondie
06-21-2020, 12:15 PM
Very overrated, hungarians don't look more asian than their neighbours. And you can find pseudo-asian looking individuals everywhere in Europe.

Benyzero
06-21-2020, 12:20 PM
everyone is turanid

Rocinante
06-21-2020, 12:30 PM
Very overrated, hungarians don't look more asian than their neighbours. And you can find pseudo-asian looking individuals everywhere in Europe.

Pseudo-asian looking people could be almost impossible to be found in South Europe, but still, hungarians are in average like 99% in european components, that pseudo-asian is just EHG genes that make people have hunterish eyes.

Immanenz
06-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Pseudo-asian looking people could be almost impossible to be found in South Europe, but still, hungarians are in average like 99% in european components, that pseudo-asian is just EHG genes that make people have hunterish eyes.

1. Turanid is not an Asian phenotype, its "Eurasian/ Pred-Caucasoid". Tungid is a Mongolic phenotype, found in Centralasian Kazakhs

Rafael Nadal and this Saami guy have a similar eye shape, you can propably find other Paleo Sardinians/Berids who have similar eye shape like him. Nobody ever claimed that Berid is a EHG inspired type. French Alpinoids can have also such eyes, they score less ANE than other groups.
Fact is Yamnaya EHG/WHG mixes were robuster and bigger than Paleo European EEF/WHG, but about eye shape is pretty much speculation. Turanid is rather "recent" mix of West Asian- European and East Asian mix comparent to Yamnaya etc.

oszkar07
06-21-2020, 01:23 PM
I have seen the odd Hungarian who has this type of look.
I knew a Hungarian guy friend of the family who had a rather Tatar -Mongol type look.
But I dont feel it is overly common , I think its also possible to find such looks in other East Euro countries.
Maybe Hungary has it a bit more due to Cuman - Hunnic integration but Cumans and Khazars went into many regions of East Europe so I dont feel such looks to be exclusive to Hungary.

Kaspias
06-21-2020, 01:32 PM
They are pretty rare in big towns for example, you can find more people in the rural areas. Germanic and/or West/East/South Slavic looking people are much more common.

I also observed that it's more common in families, it can't really appear randomly, only when more people have this phenotype imo.

I remember I have seen plenty of Turanid individuals on outer districts of Budapest, the first I recall is near the main bus station.

Benyzero
06-21-2020, 02:05 PM
I remember I have seen plenty of Turanid individuals on outer districts of Budapest, the first I recall is near the main bus station.

We deported all the turanids to outer districts

Kaspias
06-21-2020, 02:07 PM
We deported all the turanids to outer districts

Better than deporting Central Asia back as Russia did :D

Benyzero
06-21-2020, 02:09 PM
Better than deporting Central Asia back as Russia did :D

Lol nah that would be harsh

Hungarian_master
06-21-2020, 02:28 PM
Not so common, but it occurs.

Turul Karom
06-21-2020, 03:48 PM
We exist, and all Hungarians are Turanid in some sense, even if not phenotype.

I agree with many of the takes here.

Roy
06-21-2020, 07:10 PM

So I guess you have other family members that are like you?

Chris596
06-21-2020, 07:27 PM
So I guess you have other family members that are like you?

Yes, mainly on my Hungarian side (both are Hungarians I just mean that those who are from today's Hungary, directly). My grandma from my mom's side, but my other grandma is somewhat similar imo. I have a cousin who's even like pseudo Uralid but that's another story (I don't really want to share her picture).