PDA

View Full Version : Boy Names You Like

InfamousAngel99
07-08-2020, 01:19 AM
Since someone started a thread for female names, I decided I make one for male names.
What are some of your favorite male names? Or ones you just like in general?
Some male names I like include:
- Alexios
- Nathaniel
- Dante
- Alistair
- Demetrius
- Cyrus
- Raphael
- Ignatius
- Stephanos

Westbrook
07-08-2020, 01:29 AM
My name is on this list but I won't say which one it is.

If I had a son he would be called Seymour. If I had another son his name would be Angus.
Since someone started a thread for female names, I decided I make one for male names.
What are some of your favorite male names? Or ones you just like in general?
Some male names I like include:
- Alexios
- Nathaniel
- Dante
- Alistair
- Demetrius
- Cyrus
- Raphael
- Ignatius
- Stephanos

Mixdguy17
07-08-2020, 01:30 AM
I am gonna use this more as to names I would like for my kid or so on.
I've always liked Jaime since it works for both Spanish and English and it's after a very influential person in my life.
For other names, I've always liked Cristian, Sam, Salvatore, Alessandro, Luca, Vicente.

Chris596
07-08-2020, 02:12 AM
I like old Hungarian names, which are not that common nowadays. My father's name has Turkic/Hunnic origins. My paternal grandfather's name was old Hungarian as well and my maternal grandfather's name was of Turkish/Arabic origin.

Some names I like:

-Csaba/Caba: one of the sons of Attila
-Attila: the King of the Huns
-Zoltán: a name of pagan origin
-Árpád: old Hungarian name

Apor, Botond, Oguz, Csetele, Ugor, etc :)

Comment fixed!

Mr.G
07-08-2020, 02:26 AM
I like old Hungarian names, which are not that common nowadays. My father's name has Turkic/Hunnic origins. My paternal grandfather's name was old Hungarian as well and my maternal grandfather's name was of Turkish/Arabic origin.

Some names I like:

Comment fixed!

My grandfather's name was Zoltán, and to this day I love that name. And my grandmother wanted to name my father Zoltán as well, but my grandfather said no because growing up here in American he had gotten teased repeatedly about his name.

I can remember when I was little telling a friend my grandfather's name and my friend said to me, "What's your grandfather's name? Voltron?"

Celestia
07-08-2020, 02:27 AM
If I have another son I’m going to name him River.

Westbrook
07-08-2020, 02:33 AM
Just reminds me of this stupid movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL2gxb-TcLM

My grandfather's name was Zoltán, and to this day I love that name. And my grandmother wanted to name my father Zoltán as well, but my grandfather said no because growing up here in American he had gotten teased repeatedly about his name.

I can remember when I was little telling a friend my grandfather's name and my friend said to me, "What's your grandfather's name? Voltron?"

Sacrificed Ram
07-08-2020, 02:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA

Annie999
07-08-2020, 03:01 AM
Some I like:

Lucas
Franco
Valentín
Lorenzo
Damián
Marcos
Juan

Hawkguy
07-08-2020, 03:26 AM
Lucas, Arthur, Ian, Guilherme and Rodrigo.

InfamousAngel99
07-08-2020, 03:53 AM

Some names I like:

Comment fixed!

Zoltán is another great name imo.

Ylla
08-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Dardan
Artem
Leon

stellan
08-08-2020, 10:23 AM
Alexis, Stavros, Panayioti, Yianni, Thanos, Gerasimos

mitalit
08-08-2020, 10:25 AM
Xabier

frankhammer
08-08-2020, 10:45 AM
Henry, Haydn, Liam

Peterski
03-12-2021, 07:59 AM
- Robert
- Wieslaw

Mortimer
03-12-2021, 08:16 AM
Tyrone, Buck and Cleetus

Mortimer
03-12-2021, 08:19 AM
Girl: Mary-Lou and Sue

itilvolga
03-12-2021, 09:23 AM
I usually like short names inspired by nature: Tuna, Aksel, Deniz, Ege, Ateş, Bora etc.

Edgü
03-12-2021, 11:14 AM
Öge, Bagatır, Attila/Atilla, Timur/Temür, Toktamış, Altan, Ilteber, Süyek...

Kökény
03-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Apor, Lehel, Előd, Karsa, Torda, Alpár, Bulcsú, Etele and so on.

Komintasavalta
03-12-2021, 11:29 AM
Öge, Bagatır, Attila/Atilla, Timur/Temür, Toktamış, Altan, Ilteber, Süyek...

Edgü's sons be named like

https://i.ibb.co/QYCyVXq/20210312142800.jpg

Edgü
03-12-2021, 11:51 AM
Edgü's sons be named like

https://i.ibb.co/QYCyVXq/20210312142800.jpg

My sons who got their Turko-Karaboğa names

https://i.ibb.co/BKg7kN0/Khuzait.jpg

I wish i had the ability to thumb up :sad:

Celine
03-12-2021, 11:54 AM
Lazar.

Kaspias
03-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Fehim, Kayra, Altay, Sencer, Alper, Meriç, Akın, Orhan...

Jana
03-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Happy with the name my boy has :P

Ödön and Béla

I have a feeling I won't have anymore sons, because I had a dream I will have one more daughter and no more children after that.
But, If I had, I would like to name him Albin after my paternal grandfather.

I also like Ian and Dorian. But I most likely would not chose a foreign name unconnected to my family tradition.

Vrazijadivizija
03-12-2021, 01:09 PM
Krešimir,Ivan(Ivica,Ivo,Iva),Erik,Pavo,Marko,Filip ,Ilija,Marijan,Josip(Joso,Josa),Mijo i like bunch of male names..esp my Family traditional ones but these are among my fav.

Jana
03-12-2021, 01:11 PM
I also liked the idea of name Zmajan which is actually not a personal name at all, but a name of uninhabited island in Dalmatia close to my own. I would actually invent a new name if I named my son after it.

Zmaj means Dragoon in Croatian. Zmajan would mean "of Dragoon" or something like that, and it would be completely unique and cool.

But, they said Island was named after such toponym because many believed evil spirits to hide there. Names after Dragoons were considered negative among medieval Christians who named these Islands so I would avoid to use it (Dragoon has Devilish connections in old traditions)

I love Achangels names a lot, and especially love Mihael (Michael). That would be much more fitting for my child. Stears also loves traditional Christian names.
So from Christian names I would definitely go for Mihael.

Jana
03-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Krešimir,Ivan(Ivica,Ivo,Iva),Erik,Pavo,Marko,Filip ,Ilija,Marijan,Josip(Joso,Josa),Mijo i like bunch of male names..esp my Family traditional ones but these are among my fav.

All beautiful names, I like. :)

cakmir7y
03-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Any name that ends with -slav
Like mine, Miroslav :cool:

Vrazijadivizija
03-12-2021, 01:40 PM
All beautiful names, I like. :)

Id love to see that more Croats today give traditional Croat names to their kids like Zvonimir,Branimir,Domagoj,Krešimir,Hrvoje and many others instead of modern names like "Patrik" etc which is horrible.

All my Family members carry 3 4 same names that we get from our Grandparents etc..lol.I have like 6 cousins who have same name like me..same goes to female names..which is nice and tradition is being alive.

Jana
03-12-2021, 01:51 PM
Id love to see that more Croats today give traditional Croat names to their kids like Zvonimir,Branimir,Domagoj,Krešimir,Hrvoje and many others instead of modern names like "Patrik" etc which is horrible.

All my Family members carry 3 4 same names that we get from our Grandparents etc..lol.I have like 6 cousins who have same name like me..same goes to female names..which is nice and tradition is being alive.

I couldn't agree more :)

Perunovsin
03-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Rikard, Stribor, Nikola, Marijan, Tomislav, Branimir, Vatroslav, Trpimir, Ante