PDA

View Full Version : Is that true ? Small percentage take big part

Dean K
07-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Is that true that small DNA precentage around 2-3% can be visible like 50% or like 100% ? (By look)

Dean K
07-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Up

Yamnaya
07-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Im between 4 and 7% siberian and people say i look fully central european

Elias.99
07-10-2020, 05:29 PM
1.9% Nigerian on Myheritage I have some minor visible SSA influence meanwhile its stronger in some of my other relatives, On other calculators in YourDNAportal I score 8.4 Cushitic + 5.5 Bantu.

Chris596
07-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Well, here I am, the living proof for it (2-3-4% or whatever East Asian+Siberian) and it feels like I'm at least 20% according to many people.

Elias.99
07-10-2020, 05:32 PM
Well, here I am, the living proof for it (2-3-4% or whatever East Asian+Siberian) and it feels like I'm at least 20% according to many people.

Agree, genetics are weird I can easily see the Siberian influence. If you have any sibling do they show the same features? because in my family it differs

crazyladybutterfly
07-10-2020, 05:33 PM
yes i look like only a minority of my dna.

Dean K
07-10-2020, 05:36 PM
Thats right bro for me you are a live proof that it could be. I am asking because I got 3% Belrusian dna and from my ethnics backgrounds i should look darker by skin and colors so I think this part of my dna are more visible then even higher precantage. Same like you got proove by ur dna test.

Immanenz
07-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Thats right bro for me you are a live proof that it could be. I am asking because I got 3% Belrusian dna and from my ethnics backgrounds i should look darker by skin and colors so I think this part of my dna are more visible then even higher precantage. Same like you got proove by ur dna test.

But lighter types that can pass in Balkans are not unusual in Israel?

Dean K
07-10-2020, 08:38 PM
I am not expert in the Balkans I dont know their phenotype so well. But I pass as Balkan thats what all says and I am unusal but If i would say that I am Oriental jew no one will not belive me because there are many people that dont look like their group but they could be. There is Morocco Jews with blond hair and blue eyes. There are many Syrian Jews that looks Very close to Germans blond hair and blue eyes euro pan. So light color is not that rare in Israel but the phenotype play the game more. If Balkan phenotype means Dinaro Pontid so he can pass in Israel as Euro Jew (Albanians and Greeks pass in Israel without a problem)

El_Abominacion
07-10-2020, 08:50 PM
Bruh

2% is 1/50th of your ancestry, next to nothing - it is not going to visibly influence your phenotype. I physically cringe when I see Americans on Reddit attributing their 'dark complexion' to a minuscule percentage of African on 23andme, or some other ludicrous comparison. It's a placebo effect at the most basic level

I'm some 10% SSA, not a single SSA feature on me. The lowest percentage of my ancestry that actually shows somewhat is East Asian at 16%, but even still some people can't see it at all. 2% is a joke

Dean K
07-10-2020, 08:59 PM
Bruh

2% is 1/50th of your ancestry, next to nothing - it is not going to visibly influence your phenotype. I physically cringe when I see Americans on Reddit attributing their 'dark complexion' to a minuscule percentage of African on 23andme, or some other ludicrous comparison. It's a placebo effect at the most basic level

I'm some 10% SSA, not a single SSA feature on me. The lowest percentage of my ancestry that actually shows somewhat is East Asian at 16%, but even still some people can't see it at all. 2% is a joke

I also tought like yoi untill I saw a Dna results of Spanish that score 95% Iberian and 5% Weet Asian. And he looks Very very very Turkish. Also here you have Chris that have foergin dna from Asian Ancestor and it took part on hes phenotype. I think maybe also I look very diffrent from my Ethnic groups in phenotype and in colors and maybe a small precantage take a big part.

Immanenz
07-10-2020, 09:06 PM
I also tought like yoi untill I saw a Dna results of Spanish that score 95% Iberian and 5% Weet Asian. And he looks Very very very Turkish. Also here you have Chris that have foergin dna from Asian Ancestor and it took part on hes phenotype. I think maybe also I look very diffrent from my Ethnic groups in phenotype and in colors and maybe a small precantage take a big part.

Well regarding Chris- Turanid is not that uncommon in Hungary (neither very common though) and some of his family members looked Turanid as well.

As you said exotic Spaniard: half German/half Spanish:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?16907-Classify-Heinz-Harald-Frentzen

Dean K
07-10-2020, 09:11 PM
Well regarding Chris- Turanid is not that uncommon in Hungary (neither very common though) and some of his family members looked Turanid as well.

As you said exotic Spaniard: half German/half Spanish:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?16907-Classify-Heinz-Harald-Frentzen

I am sure you know better then me on Hungarian population but still he got.foergin dna from asia each is rare for european. And this spaniard and german looks maybe not european but he still can pass in southern europe. The guy that I saw in youtube was very arab look all the comment was that he made fake video and no way but it is true. I think that small dna can take big part in phwnotype and colors.

Immanenz
07-10-2020, 09:37 PM
I am sure you know better then me on Hungarian population but still he got.foergin dna from asia each is rare for european. And this spaniard and german looks maybe not european but he still can pass in southern europe. The guy that I saw in youtube was very arab look all the comment was that he made fake video and no way but it is true. I think that small dna can take big part in phwnotype and colors.

well, i dont know how this guy looks, but some Southeuros can look very swarthy. Just look at some Sardinians who are strongly EEF with no other component. Daniele Ragatzu for example, a Paleo Sardinian Med type
or take this Italian women- she certainly cant pass in many places outside the very costal areas of Southeuro imo:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?327463-Classify-and-place-a-TLOU2-%282020%29-Italian-model

Dean K
07-10-2020, 09:43 PM
well, i dont know how this guy looks, but some Southeuros can look very swarthy. Just look at some Sardinians who are strongly EEF with no other component. Daniele Ragatzu for example, a Paleo Sardinian Med type
or take this Italian women- she certainly cant pass in many places outside the very costal areas of Southeuro imo:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?327463-Classify-and-place-a-TLOU2-%282020%29-Italian-model

Lol bro this lady looks Jew as hell. But Italians and Jews very simmilar (some of types) that even I cant know whos Jew and whos Italian. But this lady isnt that far from been Italian ahe maybe look more Cypriot Levantine but still I dont see it as Wow i woulsnt belive shes Italian. Almost everyone in the Levante can fit in Italy specialy in the south.

Jana
07-10-2020, 09:46 PM
I am only minority German by paper trail (even less by DNA, as trough recombination I inherited less than I should have), but I look way more German than Slavic or Balkan, for Croats at least.

Personally I think I look unique and don't fit anywhere perfectly though. :)

Dean K
07-10-2020, 09:52 PM
I am only minority German by paper trail (even less by DNA, as trough recombination I inherited less than I should have), but I look way more German than Slavic or Balkan, for Croats at least.

Personally I think I look unique and don't fit anywhere perfectly though. :)

I agree with you. You actually look more German but with something else and you fall in grey area that make you Unique �� but you still fit in North Balkan and Central europe west and a bit East.