PDA

View Full Version : Who overlaps with Basques?

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 03:20 AM
This is multiple choice and this time I broke some countries into various regions.

Basques can be found here;
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32722&highlight=basques

and here are some more;

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 03:25 AM
More Basques

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 03:27 AM
More

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Btw for the record I divided Spain and France into various regions since Basques straddle both regions and those comparisons in my opinion are the more interesting.

Ibericus
09-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Very obvious answer.

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Very obvious answer.

well the obvious ones are Spain and France but how much of Spain? How much of France? Does it extend beyond that? These are the questions to address. ;)

Logan
09-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Northern Spain/SW France would be my thought for most significant.

Hess
09-07-2011, 03:58 AM
I voted for Spain, (North) Italy, and Southern France. They seem to have a distinctive western look, although they could fit in the more Atlanto-Med regions of the Balkans as well.

billErobreren
09-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Spaniards, Frenchies, Irish & the Welsh I reckon

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Btw all the people posted thus far are Spanish Basques. I'll post French ones later.

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 12:58 PM
French Basques

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 12:59 PM
More

beaver
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Interesting, I see intersections rather with Ukrainians and Russians (not too much though) than with Georgians. South Caucasus is Iveria as everyone knows :coffee:

beaver
09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Spaniards, Frenchies, Irish & the Welsh I reckon
agreed with the correction

Han Cholo
09-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Interesting, I see intersections rather with Ukrainians and Russians (not too much though) than with Georgians. South Caucasus is Iveria as everyone knows :coffee:

Georgia's root of name is not the same as Iberian Peninsula. It has never meant they are the same people.

Don
09-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Where are the closer ethnic group to them -WITHOUT DOUBT- in the list?:

The Castilians

"Northern Spain (Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria)
Catalans
Southern Spain (Andalusia, Murcia, etc.)"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_00az4KUgbFE/TGCECKIpcWI/AAAAAAAAAOM/ULwvXMhoAYY/s1600/633611424113169671-EpicFail.jpg

If you don't know a fuck about a matter, why you dare to make a contest about it?

Amazing.

antonio
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Modern Basques are the result of many ethnic layers -Prehistorical natives (developers of their ancient lenguage), Keltics, Frenchs...-. For that is they resemble many areas of Europa.

Answering the question I would say NorthernSpaniards and SouthernFrench (even Northern ones, British people and more) as their closest matches, although maybe it would be more accurate to say simply that close neighborhoods in all four directions are simply Romanized Protobasques f.e. going Eastwards NorthAragonese case is blatant obvious with registered evidences at Middle Ages. Even Westwards (even less acknowledged) thru all Cantabric lands into Galicia, where it's native language had strange evolutions from Latin which could be explained by a ancient speaking of a language related with Basque.

antonio
09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Amazing.

Indeed missing Castille (another obvious relation not explicitely cited on my post) and Aragon evidences a bit of ignorance who should have been filled before. :D

beaver
09-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Georgia's root of name is not the same as Iberian Peninsula. It has never meant they are the same people.
but there is still such a hypothesis, I know this from my childhood, so you are wrong with "never meant". But i also know that they've failed to show real proofs.

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I added Aragon and/or Castile as an option.
Like this post if you want me to add a vote to the poll in that section for you.

antonio
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Btw all the people posted thus far are Spanish Basques. I'll post French ones later.

Ha,ha, SP! Your good will is much of consideration. But adding a common option for Castille and/or(WTF) Aragon is a really strange fix. :D

That's how I would make:
- SouthWestern France (the old Aquitania).
- NorthAragon and Catalonia(including French zone).
- SouthernNavarre, Rioja and CentreAragon
- NorthCastille.
- Cantabrian area including Galicia, Leon and NorthWesternCastille.

Thinking it twice, maybe a little cumbersome. Indeed a difficult partitioning. :coffee:

Amapola
09-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I have stronger affinity with Basques than the average Spaniard in the genetical results, which goes hand in hand with a few Basque/Navarre surnames in my family tree as well. I am from the far south in Granada, ie, the Andalusian choice.

Ibericus
09-07-2011, 03:27 PM
And the more obvious one is not there : Navarrese.

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm not going to divide Spain into EVERY region. As if most people on here can even tell Spanish from Portuguese, let alone Navarrese from Castilians.

At least I didn't take the easy route and just put "Spain", "France", etc.

Han Cholo
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
They look like Northeastern Spanish and Southwestern French, with a significant portion of unique individuals. It's rare to find populations who abruptly deviate from the neighbors without an history of colonization or foreign invaders.

Pallantides
09-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Lol who voted for Finns...

:mmmm:

gandalf
09-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I voted for British .

I went the basque french country this summer and I notice some difference with french ,
they are solid and built like those average british men ,
no sign of mediteranean or not much .

Sikeliot
09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I voted for British .

I went the basque french country this summer and I notice some difference with french ,
they are solid and built like those average british men ,
no sign of mediteranean or not much .

How would you classify Basques if not Mediterranean?

gandalf
09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
The famous Imanol Harinordoquy , basque rugby player

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=harinordoquy&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1602&bih=1021&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&tbnid=NckJPjU6EAsYxM:&imgrefurl=http://www.sudouest.fr/2010/10/15/un-equilibre-fragile-212704-8.php&docid=8NqJ8nPCKVIiuM&w=460&h=306&ei=dtlnTsSnLaqL4gT28OyQBw&zoom=1

Here with some english friends who want to pull his short down
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=harinordoquy&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1602&bih=1021&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&tbnid=ftFnH2Jb70qV3M:&imgrefurl=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/france/4996753/Six-Nations-France-player-ratings.html&docid=CO9B_iomxPimzM&w=460&h=287&ei=dtlnTsSnLaqL4gT28OyQBw&zoom=1

No mediteranean signs in Imanol

Gaztelu
09-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Top three choices (In order from the most amount of overlap to least amount of overlap)

1. Gascony/Aquitaine
2. Aragon
3. Northern Castile (Cantabria, Burgos, La Rioja)

And the more obvious one is not there : Navarrese.

This "Navarre is not Basque" bullshit is as stupid as proclaiming that the Earth is flat.

Lábaru
09-08-2011, 12:23 AM
This "Navarre is not Basque" bullshit is as stupid as proclaiming that the Earth is flat.

is more correct to say the inverse, the Basques are Navarre.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 12:26 AM
So of the non-Spanish and French options, the most chosen, with 4 each, are;

Portuguese
Brits
Irish
Italians
Finns (?!)

Gaztelu
09-08-2011, 01:49 AM
is more correct to say the inverse, the Basques are Navarre.

Exactly.

Ibericus
09-08-2011, 02:06 AM
The original basques are the navarrese, ie. vascones.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 03:43 AM
French Basques again

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Others

Han Cholo
09-08-2011, 03:48 AM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14871&d=1315453383

This one looks a bit like a Bosnian Serb I met on Soulseek.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 03:48 AM
More French Basques

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 04:05 AM

I could realistically see that man anywhere in Europe.. both the Balkans as well as Western Europe (France, Spain, etc.)

Han Cholo
09-08-2011, 04:33 AM
I could realistically see that man anywhere in Europe.. both the Balkans as well as Western Europe (France, Spain, etc.)

I bet he's very dolichocephalic though. And I bet the Bosnian Serb had a very flat brachycephalic head as well. But all the secondary (non-cranial) traits look essentially the same.

Don
09-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I added Aragon and/or Castile as an option.
Like this post if you want me to add a vote to the poll in that section for you.

Late, I already voted for finns to be coherent with the surrealistic situation of not finding the evident answer.

I would like to remind (or instruct) these unknowers that the presence of castilian surnames in vascongadas and basque ones in castile from early reconquista in the second case and more recently in the first one, is striking by massive. In the case of Aragon (not catalan corner) is also remarkable.

So, to the eyes of a spaniard, this poll is something like asking a football fan about who is closer to Serena Williams: Andrés Iniesta, Fernando Alonso, Peter Sellers or Venus Williams.

If you don't include Venus Williams, I vote for Peter Sellers.

bluesky
09-08-2011, 01:26 PM
northern spain/south west france some of them look irish to me ("black irish")

Don
09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
northern spain/south west france some of them look irish to me ("black irish")

Again, ignorants ignore spain reality and spaniards genesis in the Reconquista.

As if northern spaniards (cantabrians) were phenotipically different from southern.

Ignorance is daring.

Han Cholo
09-08-2011, 03:01 PM

As if northern spaniards (cantabrians) were phenotipically different from southern.

Ignorance is daring.

Would you say Southerners were phenotypically different people before the Moorish invasion and subconsequent reconquista? I know of that repopulations, but repopulation means the native population was already gone.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
I can't imagine a complete repopulation took place.. doesn't seem plausible. For this to be true, the majority of the south would have had to be of Moorish stock prior to repopulation, and if not, then I'd venture that northern Spanish ancestry is nowhere near the majority in today's Andalusians.

Ibericus
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I can't imagine a complete repopulation took place.. doesn't seem plausible. For this to be true, the majority of the south would have had to be of Moorish stock prior to repopulation, and if not, then I'd venture that northern Spanish ancestry is nowhere near the majority in today's Andalusians.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Ethnographic_Iberia_200_BCE.PNG/644px-Ethnographic_Iberia_200_BCE.PNG

Han Cholo
09-08-2011, 03:10 PM

A lot were Moriscos, not Moors. Moorized or Islamized natives, I guess they had to kick them out as well considering Islamized natives constituted Moor's highest numerical force.

research_centre
09-08-2011, 03:13 PM
well the obvious ones are Spain and France but how much of Spain? How much of France? Does it extend beyond that? These are the questions to address. ;)

I think the stereotypical Basque does not look French at all. They are more of Spain to me. I can tell someone from that region swiftly.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I think the stereotypical Basque does not look French at all. They are more of Spain to me. I can tell someone from that region swiftly.

Even French Basques?

I would assume there are similarities to Basques on both sides of the Pyrenees.

Ibericus
09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Even French Basques?

I would assume there are similarities to Basques on both sides of the Pyrenees.
What french basques ? Basques are basques. By looking french he probably means someone from Normandy or Picardy.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 04:18 PM
What french basques ? Basques are basques. By looking french he probably means someone from Normandy or Picardy.

Basques living in France versus those in Spain. No need to sound so defensive all the time, it's about time someone told you not everyone is out to misrepresent Spain and do you injustice. ;)

Don
09-08-2011, 06:15 PM

http://kurosam.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/star-wars-darth-vader-sense.jpg

Really, there is no sense as well in trying to explain basics of Spain History, being the Reconquista the first and pillar element in the genesis of spaniards.
Nor patience seeing the level of falacies and ignorance shown by many about these matters.

Gaztelu
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
The original basques are the navarrese, ie. vascones.

Exactly. It makes no sense to view Navarrese Basques as a people distinct from other Basques.

Sikeliot
09-08-2011, 08:39 PM
http://kurosam.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/star-wars-darth-vader-sense.jpg

Really, there is no sense as well in trying to explain basics of Spain History, being the Reconquista the first and pillar element in the genesis of spaniards.
Nor patience seeing the level of falacies and ignorance shown by many about these matters.

Like usual you're not listening. For the Reconquista to mostly or entirely replace the population of southern Spain with northern Spaniards, the south's population would have had to be mostly something that was undesirable at the time hence you'd figure, mostly not ethnic Spanish. Assuming this was not true, then today's southern Spanish are probably NOT MOSTLY OF NORTHERN SPANISH DESCENT. Get it now?

Anthropologique
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Mainly Western French, Galicians, Asturians, Cantabrians, Northern Portuguese and Western Catalans.

Don
09-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Like usual you're not listening. For the Reconquista to mostly or entirely replace the population of southern Spain with northern Spaniards, the south's population would have had to be mostly something that was undesirable at the time hence you'd figure, mostly not ethnic Spanish. Assuming this was not true, then today's southern Spanish are probably NOT MOSTLY OF NORTHERN SPANISH DESCENT. Get it now?

I get that you are wrong.

I correct you:

Andalucía (southern Spain) is mostly of "northern" spaniard descent, implying the expansion of Castile from northern corner mountains strongholds (and there we find the genesis of the lineages of Castilla) to south.

http://mapas.owje.com/img/Reconquista-o-Conquista-cristiana-de-la-Peninsula-Iberica-790-1300-4126.gif

Most of surnames in Warm and Mediterranean Cádiz, for example, are of castilian origin, and per se, had its Origin in the cold northern peaks and forests of Asturias in Early Reconquista.

In fact, except that minority of local exceptions (like anywhere of Spain) no one could find phenot.(and surnames) differences between a random andalusian and a random Asturian, contrary as happens in Italy, France or elsewhere.

-just google: cantante andaluz (andalusian singer) VS cantante asturiano. For example.-

So, you are wrong, as is usual in these who try to extrapolar the "north/south" paradigm into the case of Spain, that is a perfect exception to this.

Kadu
09-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Andalucía (southern Spain) is mostly of "northern" spaniard descent, implying the expansion of Castile from northern corner mountains strongholds (and there we find the genesis of the lineages of Castilla) to south.

"Mostly" is an exagerated word. Indeed the south received alot of people from the north, but still, it was already populated by Christian Iberians, the so called Mozarabs.

perikolez
09-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Autoctonous basques are more related with people from Pyrinean mountains( aragonese, biarnese,gasconians etc) ,and with northern spaniards.

perikolez
09-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Ignorance is daring.

Basques are clearly ligher than spaniard promedy. I would say that they are the lighest. In southern Spain there are many more dark types than in northern Spain, although I would say that 70-80% of southern spaniards are phenotipically very similar to northern spaniads. But in my opinion autoctonous basques are phenotipically a bit diferent from northern spaniads. I think that are phenotipical diferences between basques and inmigrants coming from Castilla la Vieja, and other spanish regions.

Lábaru
09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Autoctonous basques are more related with people from Pyrinean mountains( aragonese, biarnese,gasconians etc) ,and with northern spaniards.

La antropología actual aplica metodologías y paradigmas diferentes a la antropología clásica, entre lo que destaca la inclusión de datos procedentes de la lingüística y la genética poblacional. Con las prevenciones que los propios genetistas observan para la aplicación de los datos obtenidos en sus estudios en interpretación de procedencia de las poblaciones actuales o pasadas, existen numerosos estudios, entre ellos dos mapas genéticos recientes,29 y el que hasta ahora (2010) es el mayor estudio molecular de poblaciones, sobre trescientosmil marcadores SNP (snips), y que no encuentra distinciones entre los marcadores genéticos de habitantes de 10 regiones (Galicia, Cantabria y Asturias, Cataluña, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Comunitat Valenciana, este de Andalucía y Murcia, oeste de Andalucía, Extremadura y País Vasco -caso este último el que habitualmente es considerado más significativo, y en el que este estudio no ha encontrado ninguna diferencia especial-)

Ignorance on this particular is large.

Basques are clearly ligher than spaniard promedy. .

Another wannabe nordic xD xD xD.

P.S No me hagas ponerte videos de los vascos en grupo en manifestaciones para que veamos lo "blancos" que sois comparados a otros españoles.

gold_fenix
09-09-2011, 11:30 PM
some member of here of basque and Cantabra herency and me of Andalucian and Manchega herency, we could be brothers and almost we are in opposite extremes of the peninsula

Don
09-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Basques are clearly ligher than spaniard promedy.

No me hagas reir... marinero. Que aquí todos nos conocemos.

perikolez
09-10-2011, 09:01 PM
some member of here of basque and Cantabra herency and me of Andalucian and Manchega herency, we could be brothers and almost we are in opposite extremes of the peninsula

brothers?. It is like saying that latinamerican white high class are near brothers of actual spaniards. There are many latinamerican ritchman with basque surnames, but I wouldnt say that they are my brothers, because they have been outside Basque Country for 200-300 years. Using your arguments, mestizo people are spaniard's brothers:(.

perikolez
09-10-2011, 09:03 PM
No me hagas reir... marinero. Que aquí todos nos conocemos.

¿Y quienes son los de piel mas clara?. ¿Los murcianos, o los extremeños:confused: ?.

perikolez
09-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Ignorance on this particular is large.

Another wannabe nordic xD xD xD.

P.S No me hagas ponerte videos de los vascos en grupo en manifestaciones para que veamos lo "blancos" que sois comparados a otros españoles.

Si haces la medicion en Barakaldo , seria como hacerlo en Burgos, de la misma manera que si hacemos estudios geneticos en segun que zonas de Madrid, saldria que los madrileños son parecidos a los habitantes de la Sierra ecuatoriana. Los estudios geneticos son facilmente manipulables. Ademas, tampoco creo que un aragones este mucho mas relacionado geneticamente con un extremeño que con un gascon. Las diferencias geneticas no tienen porque coincidir con las fronteras establecidas.

Por otro lado, no digo que los vascos seamos rubios. Solo una minoria es rubia. Pero en cuanto a pigmentacion de piel, somos de lo mas blanco o claro que hay en la peninsula. I am not saying that spaniards are gypsies and basques nordics. I only say that dark types are more usual between spaniards, even in northern Spain than between basques.

Lábaru
09-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Si haces la medicion en Barakaldo , seria como hacerlo en Burgos, de la misma manera que si hacemos estudios geneticos en segun que zonas de Madrid, saldria que los madrileños son parecidos a los habitantes de la Sierra ecuatoriana. Los estudios geneticos son facilmente manipulables. Ademas, tampoco creo que un aragones este mucho mas relacionado geneticamente con un extremeño que con un gascon. Las diferencias geneticas no tienen porque coincidir con las fronteras establecidas.

Por otro lado, no digo que los vascos seamos rubios. Solo una minoria es rubia. Pero en cuanto a pigmentacion de piel, somos de lo mas blanco o claro que hay en la peninsula. I am not saying that spaniards are gypsies and basques nordics. I only say that dark types are more usual between spaniards, even in northern Spain than between basques.

La zona de Vizcaya es una de las más morenas que yo conozco, si me apuras son más morenos que nosotros, los cántabros, como te dije te puedo poner videos de manifestaciones con cientos de vascos, a mí no me hacen falta, yo los conozco muy bien, pero se ve que tú no tanto si piensas que son los más claros de España.

La gente más clara de España está en Zaragoza y tan sólo lo son por un pequeño porcentaje.

Hevneren
09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I guessed all the Spanish and French categories aside from northern France and northern Spain, and I also added Catalans. I emphasise that I guessed, since I'm not sure.

Anyway, I can be pretty sure that Scandinavians don't overlap with Basques. :)

Don
09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
¿Y quienes son los de piel mas clara?. ¿Los murcianos, o los extremeños:confused: ?.

Los que menos tomen el sol.

No me jodas que en las madrasas de las vascongadas ni siquiera os enseñan el fenómeno científicamente demostrado del bronceado de determinadas pieles humanas -las más claras, asuntos de melanina y tal- tras su exposición a determinados rayos solares, más intensos en unas zonas que en otras.

La ciencia, lejos de ser prioridad de las sectas, acostumbra a ser su enemiga.

Don
09-10-2011, 09:58 PM
I guessed all the Spanish and French categories aside from northern France and northern Spain, and I also added Catalans.

Stop saying bullshit. To name spanish and catalans in separated forms is a show of total ignorance/sectarianism.

You better say "aragonese" instead of Catalans, that is nonsense, like would be thinking in Europeans, Africans, Asians and Lyoneses as a different forms.

If you want to divide spain into little pieces to show some kind of knowledge regarding the matter, I suggest you to use at least some Historical concepts like: Castilla, Aragón, Navarre, León, Canary Islands...

Damião de Góis
09-10-2011, 10:05 PM

This would be the skin color map for Iberia then:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rGZGw3ONsjo/SHaUVqaA36I/AAAAAAAAAXI/isg0jxCsgyw/s400/g13y_es1.jpg

But i think it's not that linear, even if it has a relation. The truth is that we can find some darker skinned people in the north and some lighter skinned people in the south, despite the number of sunshine hours.

Don
09-10-2011, 10:28 PM
This would be the skin color map for Iberia then:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rGZGw3ONsjo/SHaUVqaA36I/AAAAAAAAAXI/isg0jxCsgyw/s400/g13y_es1.jpg

But i think it's not that linear, even if it has a relation. The truth is that we can find some darker skinned people in the north and some lighter skinned people in the south, despite the number of sunshine hours.

Due to modern life style.

In old days, when people was more exposed to open environment and sun waves, the asturian (north) man would have lighter skin in august than a Andalusian man, both with the same lineage and surname Escudero -as is common in Spain-, for example.

In an European context -like this forum- we can make the take the same consequences: in 1600, the Spanish Farmer was much more darker than the Irish one, and today, a Cristiano Viejo teenager from Madrid, that spends all day in his home, playing videogames or whatever away from sunlights -schizoidOIDism quite usual nowadays as well- contrary to ignorant's belief, is whiter than any norwegian teenager just after spending his holidays in Cádiz Beaches.

This explains quite well why is not an intelligent idea to risk your money -or your good name of an instructed and educated person- in any bet asuring that a Random Andalusian (Spaniards only, Cristianos Viejos in the bet, not Gypsies HEY!) will have Darker Skin than a Basque. NONSENSE. Needless to say nothing if you pick the randoms in Winter.

perikolez
09-11-2011, 12:04 AM

No me jodas que en las madrasas de las vascongadas ni siquiera os enseñan el fenómeno científicamente demostrado del bronceado de determinadas pieles humanas -las más claras, asuntos de melanina y tal- tras su exposición a determinados rayos solares, más intensos en unas zonas que en otras.

La ciencia, lejos de ser prioridad de las sectas, acostumbra a ser su enemiga.

Lo del bronceado ya lo se. Pero que un aleman sea de piel mas clara que un español , no solo lo explica por las horas del sol. Un aleman, o un sueco nacido en España y que ha vivido siempre en España,tendra una piel mas clara que un español autoctono, a pesar de vivir en el mismo medio. Los anglosajones australianos no se han convertido precisamente en morenos por vivir en Australia. Evidentemente la pigmentacion de la piel es una adaptacion al medio, pero eso se ha trasladado a los genes , y al fenotipo de los grupos humanos, y cambiarlo para adaptarse a un nuevo medio cuesta bastantes generaciones.

Lábaru
09-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Lo del bronceado ya lo se. Pero que un aleman sea de piel mas clara que un español , no solo lo explica por las horas del sol. Un aleman, o un sueco nacido en España y que ha vivido siempre en España,tendra una piel mas clara que un español autoctono, a pesar de vivir en el mismo medio. Los anglosajones australianos no se han convertido precisamente en morenos por vivir en Australia. Evidentemente la pigmentacion de la piel es una adaptacion al medio, pero eso se ha trasladado a los genes , y al fenotipo de los grupos humanos, y cambiarlo para adaptarse a un nuevo medio cuesta bastantes generaciones.

¿Y qué tienen que ver los alemanes y los suecos con las gentes de Iberia?

Hevneren
09-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Stop saying bullshit. To name spanish and catalans in separated forms is a show of total ignorance/sectarianism.

You better say "aragonese" instead of Catalans, that is nonsense, like would be thinking in Europeans, Africans, Asians and Lyoneses as a different forms.

If you want to divide spain into little pieces to show some kind of knowledge regarding the matter, I suggest you to use at least some Historical concepts like: Castilla, Aragón, Navarre, León, Canary Islands...

Calm down. I responded according to how the poll was set up. If you don't like how the poll was set up (with Catalans separately), take it up with the OP.

Touchy much? Geeze! :rolleyes:

Gaztelu
09-11-2011, 04:56 AM

What about Catalans from Alghero and Roussillon? Are they Spaniards?

:eusa_eh:

Don
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
What about Catalans from Alghero and Roussillon? Are they Spaniards?

:eusa_eh:

Fucking look a map.

I'm not here to waste time asking stupid questions.

http://mappery.com/maps/Spains-Population-Topographical-Map.jpg

perikolez
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
¿Y qué tienen que ver los alemanes y los suecos con las gentes de Iberia?

Que no son homegeneos con el resto de los europeos, de la misma manera que que los ibericos no son homogeneos. Un vasco,un navarro, un aragones o un catalan probablemente tengan mas relaciones fenotipicas, geneticas e incluso culturales con gente no iberica que vive al otro lado de los pirineos que con un extremeño , o un murciano. Hasta la homegeneizacion poblacional del siglo XX debido a los medios de comunicacion,la universilizacion de la educacion y los movimientos masivos poblacionales, un vasco, o un gallego hubiese estado igual de perdido en Toledo, que en Brescia, sobre todo el vasco al no hablar una lengua romance. Los fenotipos no tienen porque seguir las fronteras establecidas, y no todos los paises son homogeneos fenotipicamente. Es mas, la mayoria no lo son.

perikolez
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Fucking look a map.

I'm not here to waste time asking stupid questions.

http://mappery.com/maps/Spains-Population-Topographical-Map.jpg

Then for you Ceuta, Melilla, las Chafarinas, el peñon de Velez Gomera, etc arent Spain:eek:.

Don
09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Un vasco,un navarro, un aragones o un catalan probablemente tengan mas relaciones fenotipicas, geneticas e incluso culturales con gente no iberica que vive al otro lado de los pirineos que con un extremeño , o un murciano.(...) un vasco, o un gallego hubiese estado igual de perdido en Toledo, que en Brescia, sobre todo el vasco al no hablar una lengua romance.

Si realmente te crees lo que dices, es que estás tarao.

Menudo estropicio han hecho con sus jóvenes en las madrasas vascas.

Lábaru
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Que no son homegeneos con el resto de los europeos, de la misma manera que que los ibericos no son homogeneos. Un vasco,un navarro, un aragones o un catalan probablemente tengan mas relaciones fenotipicas, geneticas e incluso culturales con gente no iberica que vive al otro lado de los pirineos que con un extremeño , o un murciano. Hasta la homegeneizacion poblacional del siglo XX debido a los medios de comunicacion,la universilizacion de la educacion y los movimientos masivos poblacionales, un vasco, o un gallego hubiese estado igual de perdido en Toledo, que en Brescia, sobre todo el vasco al no hablar una lengua romance. Los fenotipos no tienen porque seguir las fronteras establecidas, y no todos los paises son homogeneos fenotipicamente. Es mas, la mayoria no lo son.

¿Entonces por qué te vas a Andalucía y ves caras conocidas o similares pero te vas a París y ves caras muy distintas? ¿entonces por qué podemos distinguir por nuestras calles a los "guiris" y a los sudamericanos y moros pero no podemos distinguir si es un turista gallego o madrileño o almeriense?

Perikolez, no estoy diciendo que los vascos seáis gitanos pero te aseguro que los vizcaínos no son más blancos que la propia gente de Madrid o Granada y te diría que son más oscuros, aunque apurando mucho y muy levemente, que los cántabros.

Lee bien estos dos párrafos porque no creo que puedas argumentar nada contra ellos, te puedo poner videos de grupos de cientos de personas demostrándolo, te puedo poner videos de manifestaciones de Berlín demostrándolo, te puedo asegurar que no distingues a un granadino andando por Bilbao pero sí que distingues a un Alemán andando por Bilbao.

perikolez
09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
¿Entonces por qué te vas a Andalucía y ves caras conocidas o similares pero te vas a París y ves caras muy distintas? ¿entonces por qué podemos distinguir por nuestras calles a los "guiris" y a los sudamericanos y moros pero no podemos distinguir si es un turista gallego o madrileño o almeriense?

Perikolez, no estoy diciendo que los vascos seáis gitanos pero te aseguro que los vizcaínos no son más blancos que la propia gente de Madrid o Granada y te diría que son más oscuros, aunque apurando mucho y muy levemente, que los cántabros.

Lee bien estos dos párrafos porque no creo que puedas argumentar nada contra ellos, te puedo poner videos de grupos de cientos de personas demostrándolo, te puedo poner videos de manifestaciones de Berlín demostrándolo, te puedo asegurar que no distingues a un granadino andando por Bilbao pero sí que distingues a un Alemán andando por Bilbao.

¿Alemania, Suecia?. Tu te vas a gente bastante alejada extrema y rubia. Yo no diferenciaria en general un italiano, un portugues,y mucha gente del sur de Europa o segun que franceses por la calle.Tambien hay bastante gente del centro de Europa que no son rubios, y que tambien me costaria diferenciar por la calle.A un aleman no rubio, no lo diferenciaria por la calle. Lo de que los cantabros son algo mas claros que los vascos es bastante dudoso. Sin embargo, hay varios fenotipos oscuros, y tambien algunos otros que se dan en España que nunca se darian entre los vascos autoctonos.A un Alberto Contador,un Albiol, un Asenjo o a un Nadal si los viera por la calle, sabria que no son vascos.

Don
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Déjate de chorradas que todos sabemos que los vascos más puros son más morenos que la media castellana a la par de horrendos. Dejemos el tema de las mujeres vascas que tampocco es menester recrearnos en la fealdad.

Si no fuera por el influjo castellano de genes más gallardos y apuestos en las vascongadas, ya estarían exterminados por ser considerados trolls que no humanos por los vecinos, no me jodas.

¿A quién quieres engañar? Que lo hayan hecho contigo no significa que puedas contagiar tamañas sandeces a los demás con las tonterías de quién es más rubio. He visto demasiadísimos casos más de rubios y ojos claros en la mismísima Sevilla que en Irún, donde das un paso más arriba y ya estás en francia.

Y el vasco y la vasca, a más puro, más moreno y más feo (sin que ambos adjetivos tengan absoluta relación, sino total independencia entre ellos), entre otros muchos rasgos de dudosa virtud.
Evidente como que la sangre humana es roja.

Son verdades que solo cuestiona un enfermo o un ciego.

gold_fenix
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Sinceramente yo tb habia oido eso de que los vascos eran muy morenos, pero como lo que he visto me parecian como cualquier otro español solo que mas robusto pues no lo tome en consideracion y estoy contigo Don he visto gente con rasgos mas claros que son andaluces (en Malaga muxa gente rubia y ojos claros sin ser guiris) que gente del Norte de España, en mi opinion una diferencia con el Norte de España es que son de fisiologia mas robusta.

Gaztelu
09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Si no fuera por el influjo castellano de genes más gallardos y apuestos en las vascongadas, ya estarían exterminados por ser considerados trolls que no humanos por los vecinos, no me jodas.

LOL

This shit is going to my signature.

Kadu
09-12-2011, 10:56 PM

Que nada! Had the Basques the looks of trolls they would scare away everyone and be an independent nation by now.:D

gold_fenix
09-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Quizas el hecho de la peculiares caracteristica de los vascos mas "puros", por decirlo de alguna manera, puede ser por un fenomeno endogamico al ser una poblacion que quedo fuertemente aislada mas que un origen distinto

Kadu
09-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Quizas el hecho de la peculiares caracteristica de los vascos mas "puros", por decirlo de alguna manera, puede ser por un fenomeno endogamico al ser una poblacion que quedo fuertemente aislada mas que un origen distinto

I'm of the same opinion, especially some French Basques like ones seen in genetics studies. There's one Gascon on 23andme, who lives 60km from the area sampled and still he's quite differentiated from the Basque bunch.

perikolez
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Déjate de chorradas que todos sabemos que los vascos más puros son más morenos que la media castellana a la par de horrendos. Dejemos el tema de las mujeres vascas que tampocco es menester recrearnos en la fealdad.

¿A quién quieres engañar? Que lo hayan hecho contigo no significa que puedas contagiar tamañas sandeces a los demás con las tonterías de quién es más rubio. He visto demasiadísimos casos más de rubios y ojos claros en la mismísima Sevilla que en Irún, donde das un paso más arriba y ya estás en francia.

Y el vasco y la vasca, a más puro, más moreno y más feo (sin que ambos adjetivos tengan absoluta relación, sino total independencia entre ellos), entre otros muchos rasgos de dudosa virtud.
Evidente como que la sangre humana es roja.

Son verdades que solo cuestiona un enfermo o un ciego.

Veo que te has picado:D. Lo de las vascas puras feas, pues parecido a todas las hembras de origen campesino endogamico, con la diferencia de que los pueblos en el Pais Vasco estan mas cerca unos de otro, y tienes mas posiblidades de relacionarte con mas gente, mientras que en la meseta castellana te tienes que recorrer 50km para llegar al pueblo vecino.

Lo de decir que en Sevilla hay mas rubios que en Irun , y que eso prueba que los vascos puros son menos rubios que los andaluces, hace reir a todos giputxis. Tu comparativa es como si yo dijera que los armenios son mas blancos que los españoles , porque en Erevan te encuentras gente mas blanca que en un barrio madrileño lleno de sudamericanos. ¿ Cuantas veces te tengo que decir que encontrar vascos incluso semipuros en Irun es una quimera?. Es un feudo del PSOE, y han votado repetidamente varias veces como alcalde a un aragones que es bastante paleto.

En cuanto a un vasco puro, yo no se si sera mas on menos rubio que un andaluz. pero en promedio es una de las poblaciones ibericas con piel mas blanca-clara, y donde los tipos oscuros se dan en una proporcion mucho menor que el promedio español.

Sikeliot
09-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone else want to add to this?

Black Sun Dimension
09-20-2011, 12:29 AM
My first guess would be French. I dont think they look italian.

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 12:30 AM
My first guess would be French. I dont think they look italian.

What about Spanish?

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Basques from France

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 12:36 AM
More

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 12:38 AM
This guy is 100% basque without Castillian blood:

Pablo Aperribay Bediaga

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20070725csrcsrnac_4/SCO300/Ies/etarra-Pablo-Aperribai.jpg

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 12:39 AM
He fits into the sample well with people like this;

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15527&d=1316478978http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15529&d=1316478998

Compare;

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20070725csrcsrnac_4/SCO300/Ies/etarra-Pablo-Aperribai.jpg

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 12:41 AM
He fits into the sample well with people like this;

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15527&d=1316478978http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15529&d=1316478998

Compare;

I do not see the resemblance. They are lighter.

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 12:42 AM
More with the girl than the guy but I mean, you can see some continuity I think.

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Anyway, more examples of Basques.

http://llanesnet.blogia.com/upload/etarras.jpg

http://eldeportero.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/etarras.jpg

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20070730elpepinac_5/XXLCO/Ies/etarras_Aitzol_Etxaburu_Artetxe_Ander_Mugica_Andon egi_Eneko_Zarrabeitia_Salterain_Joseba_Mikel.jpg

all they fits in Seville

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Basques, despite the belief outside Spain, are not light in general, tend to be darker than other northerners from Spain with more Celt/indoeuropean blood or whatever you name it.

These are medium lighter:

http://s01.s3c.es/imag/efe/2008/09/23/1553649w.jpg

These too, except that the one that seems as a Moor on the left

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20090731elpepunac_19/XXLCO/Ies/Fotografias_etarras_relacionados_ultima_ofensiva.j pg

all of them can walk for the streets of Andalusia and look native.

Loddfafner
09-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Whatever you do, just don't put all of your Basques in one exit.

[sorry, safety pin, I could not resist]

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Whatever you do, just don't put all of your Basques in one exit.

[sorry, safety pin, I could not resist]

The myth is that the Basques are different from other Spanish, more like the French and the reality is theopposite, Asturias, Galicia and Cantabria, and even Catalans can fitst in France, but the true is that the Basques only fit with other Basques first and others Spanish because they are really a very pure Iberians.

Ibericus
09-20-2011, 01:05 AM
These are all pure basques :

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/127/l_5bca4be0d5164f169921a172671f42ac.jpg

http://www.seiurte.com/fotos_galeria/Seiurte%20%204581.jpg

http://eu.musikazblai.com/fotografias/display/d60bcfe7019bccb4b870107df1378938.jpeg/440

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 01:24 AM
More faces of Basques, I choose these kind of people because ETA members are from very small towns without/low mixing with Castillians, obviously there is everything, the mix is ​​guaranteed and only varies in its percentage.

http://www.pobladores.com/data/pobladores.com/po/rt/portaviones/channels/terrorismo_no/images/2590952dibujo.jpg

the appearance of two girls on the left is purely femenine Basque, we can see that the words of Don have a reason.

http://www.rioja2.com/diario/medios/img/2010/02/Etarras_28837.jpg

http://www.abc.es/Media/201005/11/2754186--300x180.jpg

http://www.diariovasco.com/RC/200802/22/Media/etarras-francia--253x190.jpg

http://www.lasprovincias.es/prensa/noticias/201007/29/fotos/2608780.jpg

http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2007/09/01/1188626424_1.jpg

Ibericus
09-20-2011, 01:31 AM
ASIER ILLARRAMENDI ANDONEGI
http://www.realsociedad.com/caste/home/ampliar.asp?imagen1=fotojugador.asp&imagen2=fnd=ILLARRAMENDI&sharpen=1&sharpenvalue=130&marca=20

JON ANSOTEGI GOROSTOLA (ANSOTEGI)
http://www.realsociedad.com/caste/home/ampliar.asp?imagen1=fotojugador.asp&imagen2=fnd=ANSOTEGI&sharpen=1&sharpenvalue=130&marca=20

IMANOL AGIRRETXE ARRUTI
http://www.realsociedad.com/caste/home/ampliar.asp?imagen1=fotojugador.asp&imagen2=fnd=AGIRRETXE&sharpen=1&sharpenvalue=130&marca=20

GORKA ELUSTONDO URKOLA
http://www.realsociedad.com/caste/home/ampliar.asp?imagen1=fotojugador.asp&imagen2=fnd=ELUSTONDO&sharpen=1&sharpenvalue=130&marca=20

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 01:52 AM
http://www.galiciadiario.com/web/thumb.php?id=../media/img/46455_i%C3%B1aki1.jpg&x=305

http://actualidad.orange.es/UpImages/2288/condenados_a_doce_anos_dos_etarras_por_constituir_ el_comando_mikelats_36c88664fbb4ce0228d7c0d13_g.jp g

http://www.diariocritico.com/diariocritico/nacional/pieza/1305026170_pieza.jpg

http://noticias.terra.es/2011/mundo/0211/fotos-media/rechazados-los-recursos-de-10-dirigentes-de-batasuna-contra-su-enjuiciamiento$599x0.jpg

http://estaticos03.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2009/06/30/1246361661_0.jpg

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20090922csrcsrnac_1/XLCO/Ies/Entrevista-presidente-PNV-Inigo-Urkullu-Hoy-Hoy.jpg

http://actualidad.orange.es/UpImages/2263/la_ex_dirigente_de_batasuna_aurore_martin_intenta_ evitar_su_traslado_a_espana_f0161c7bdcb14d308373cc 65d_g.jpg

http://www.estrelladigital.es/espana/dirigente-batasuna-Aurore-Marin_ESTIMA20110621_0287_8.jpg

http://actualidad.orange.es/UpImages/3395/batasuna_pide_a_eta_un_alto_el_fuego_permanente_un ilateral_y_verificable_cd91ed1533340eefce809201f_g .jpg

http://imgserv.ya.com/galerias2.ya.com/img/2/2376ee46b131a562i3.jpg

http://imagenes.publico.es/resources/archivos/2009/1/9/123153000621020090109-1827870dn.jpg

http://www.abc.es/Media/201109/19/usabiaga--644x362.jpg

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 01:59 AM
This one could pass for British;

http://actualidad.orange.es/UpImages/3395/batasuna_pide_a_eta_un_alto_el_fuego_permanente_un ilateral_y_verificable_cd91ed1533340eefce809201f_g .jpg

and this one for Italian;

http://imagenes.publico.es/resources/archivos/2009/1/9/123153000621020090109-1827870dn.jpg

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 02:03 AM
This one could pass for British;

if you want see the look "British" of the Basques, this is another one.

http://www.intereconomia.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/ancho668/208/cck_images/asier-arzalluz.jpg

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 02:04 AM
How about this one?

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15528&d=1316478978

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 02:08 AM
How about this one?

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15528&d=1316478978

Yes. Who is him?

Another one, maybe with a little British look.

http://www.diariovasco.com/noticias/201106/12/Media/M3-7626644--647x231.JPG

http://bildu.info/tolosa/files/2011/04/1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Iñaki Agirrezabalaga

http://www2.noticiasdegipuzkoa.com/ediciones/2009/10/01/politica/euskadi/fotos/8678461.jpg

Juanjo Agirrezabala

http://www.euskoalkartasuna.org/img/all/organigrama/juanjo_agirrezabala.png

Ibericus
09-20-2011, 02:24 AM
The largest surname you can find in Spain, of course Basque

Jon Ercilurrutigastañazagogeascoa
http://r19.imgfast.net/users/1912/28/08/39/avatars/15-86.jpg

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Fernando Larrazabal:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dxsDpl6NKB4/R1b8sloS7II/AAAAAAAAADc/SrBacE4w-WU/s320/fernando+larrazabal.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Larrazabal.JPG

Ibon Larrazabal

http://www.elcorreo.com/vizcaya/prensa/noticias/200906/26/fotos/3045325.jpg

http://www.canalbarakaldo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/larrazabal300river.jpg

Josu Jon Imaz

http://www.cotizalia.com/fotos/economia/2008051845ImazDentro_20080519.jpg

http://gananzia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/josu_jon_imaz.JPG

Ramón Jauregui

http://www.psoe-pe.org/export/sites/default/PSE/Noticias/Recursos/Imagenes/JAUREGUI_ATONDO_Ramon_ES.JPG

Joseba Egibar

http://estaticos03.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2009/06/30/1246358436_0.jpg

http://static.noticiasdegipuzkoa.com/images/2010/04/22/import_9776499_3.jpg

Uxue Barkos Irratian

http://static.deia.com/images/2010/03/25/efe_20090917_102305_pa1425_1.jpg

http://nabaizaleoknabai.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/uxue-barkos-irratian.jpg

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actualidad/20051119/fotos/2005111917404614_500.jpg

José Luis Bilbao Eguren

http://www.bilbaoacordeon.org/loquehandicho/fotos_grandes/foto_02_loquehandicho.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3XlVXQt8F5g/TiccK8VERBI/AAAAAAAAAOw/a0r6gaBAvB4/s1600/joseluisbilbao20julio.jpg

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 03:13 AM
More real Basques with names and surnames.

Aintzane Ezenarro

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nfjIBCorXz8/TWvqK36AXeI/AAAAAAAAA80/rzHbLfAhyC8/s320/aintzane.jpg

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20090303elpepinac_4/LCO340/Ies/Aintzane_Ezenarro.jpg

Patxi Zabaleta

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20090923elpvas_2/XXLCO/Ies/lider_Aralar_Patxi_Zabaleta_parlamentaria_Aintzane _Ezenarro.jpg

http://www.aralar.net/es/actualidad/noticias/patxi-zabaleta-201cel-objetivo-del-congreso-de-aralar-es-afianzar-y-fortalecer-el-partido201d/image_preview

LEOPOLDO BARREDA

http://www.ppvasco.com/pv/ficheros/noticia/7219/BARREDA_%20LEOPOLDO%203.JPG

http://www.diarioya.es/store/Leopoldo%20Barreda.jpg

Pernando Barrena

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20070112csrcsrnac_1/XLCO/Ies/portavoz-Batasuna-Pernando-Barrena.jpg

http://www.heraldo.es/uploads/imagenes/_barrena3_7a2b8bab.jpg

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Stop with this "real" Basque, "real" Moroccan shit. Everyone posted is a real Basque in this thread, and everyone in the other thread is a real Moroccan. Got it?

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Stop with this "real" Basque, "real" Moroccan shit. Everyone posted is a real Basque in this thread, and everyone in the other thread is a real Moroccan. Got it?

No, in my opinión many pictures posted are not representative and I have every right to say, I live with these people, is a fact.

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 03:18 AM
No, in my opinión many pictures posted are not representative and I have every right to say, I live with these people, is a fact.

The people I posted look exactly like those you posted.

Lábaru
09-20-2011, 03:29 AM
The people I posted look exactly like those you posted.

I was not referring to you, I promised Perikolez post the faces of true Basques to show how they really are, I have taken care to show names and surnames, not people of facebook or social networks of origin more or less uncertain.

When I read things like "The Basques look French" I am surprised, Basques are very pure Iberian with low indoeuropean blood, more like Andalusian that French.

Sikeliot
09-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Oh in that case I apologize for my outburst above. I thought it was another dig at me because of the whole discussion of "real" Moroccans vs not.

Don
09-21-2011, 12:08 AM

Lábaru, as spaniard, is a more valuable and reliable source of information about his countrymen, in this case Basques, than foreigners with proven errors by bias like you.

That is what I got.

Sikeliot
10-24-2011, 05:02 AM
This is a good thread to bring back.. and it is European themed so it won't piss anyone off :lol:

perikolez
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
What are you defending in this post Laburu?. Basques are similar phenotipically to their neighbourgs(iberians or not). But I think that you speak about hipotetical iberian phenotype tipes that you cant find outside from iberian peninsula,and basque are part of them, but for me there arent determinated iberian phenotypes. In Spain there are variables phenotype, and most spaniard could pass as local in many european countries. Basques are phenotipically more diferent from many iberian groups than from Bearnese, or french pyrinees people who arent iberian. Even a part of basques arent iberian. Iberian is only a geographical concept.

Lábaru
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
What are you defending in this post Laburu?. Basques are similar phenotipically to their neighbourgs(iberians or not). But I think that you speak about hipotetical iberian phenotype tipes that you cant find outside from iberian peninsula,and basque are part of them, but for me there arent determinated iberian phenotypes. In Spain there are variables phenotype, and most spaniard could pass as local in many european countries. Basques are phenotipically more diferent from many iberian groups than from Bearnese, or french pyrinees people who arent iberian. Even a part of basques arent iberian. Iberian is only a geographical concept.

I have limited myself to put real faces of the Basques.

Another one, a famous pornstar from San Sebastián, her real name is Basque.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/la/homo_erectus_100708/rebeca_linares_1966738.jpg

http://img.poprosa.com/2010/10/rebeca_linares.jpg

Another famous Pornstar from Vizcaya, Natxo Torbe, again not the real Surname.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_faOHsB3OSeo/SvgAE4aKkKI/AAAAAAAADmA/c4TZ-u-hPx4/s400/200px-Torbe10.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/07/Torbe.jpg/1280px-Torbe.jpg

http://laislatuerta.org/wp-content/uploads/hijas-300x221.jpg

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2006/10/18/520889.jpg

Kadu
10-25-2011, 09:35 PM
@ the OP

Well according to Macgyver, Mexican immigrants in Colorado.:D At least they got the irrintzi right.

363UMWPOQ58

Sikeliot
10-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Basques

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/3080308871_26190f9af0_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/3080308815_112bd905ce_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/3080308679_103becfdaa_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/3080308469_23161985cf_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/3080308373_f9cdd37029_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/3081146528_1d651e2508_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/3080307933_cc279aaeb9_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/3080306761_755a8a4563_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/3080306627_5282662ae7_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/3080306259_b3f896d5c0_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/3081144348_368e0cd9bc_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/3211377420_5fc66733c4_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/3081145164_8790b8f47d_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/3081145318_76193132ab_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/3080307297_dbefb76deb_m.jpg

Armand_Duval
10-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Voted SW France.

Sikeliot
11-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Anyone else?

Sikeliot
12-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Here's an old thread. Maybe some new perspectives on this.

askra
12-25-2011, 02:47 AM
Are these girls singing songs in basque language ethnically basques?

VY5XShuyDeM
C3thDyJGpSo

Damião de Góis
12-25-2011, 02:49 AM
I see basque haircuts... so i would say yes.

TheBorrebyViking
12-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Northern Spanish and SW french most of the time.

Sikeliot
12-25-2011, 02:57 AM

Basque haircuts?

Damião de Góis
12-25-2011, 03:07 AM
Basque haircuts?

Count Arnau would tell you more about this, since he was the one who told me about this. But basically Basque girls tend to have some specific looking haircuts:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3203/3064050985_8412a3c5c1_z.jpg?zz=1

Sikeliot
12-25-2011, 03:09 AM
A lot of Basque women seem kind of masculine and stereotypically lesbian looking.. I know someone will take offense to this, but it's true.

Hess
12-25-2011, 03:13 AM
A lot of Basque women seem kind of masculine and stereotypically lesbian looking

I will have you know that as a Basque Woman I find that comment extremely offensive :mad:

Damião de Góis
12-25-2011, 03:20 AM
The largest surname you can find in Spain, of course Basque

Jon Ercilurrutigastañazagogeascoa

lol, i swear i can't read that. I would just call him Jon.

Zephyr
12-25-2011, 07:11 AM

All my life I noticed that haircut in them. Glad I was not alone in my impression :D

A basque woman is recognisable from a helicopter, most of them really put a lot of efforts trying to look masculine: the famous anarchist haircut is the most noticeable. Strongly related with the culture promoted by the vitriolic leftism so popular there in the last 40 years.

If anarchist feminazi-communism had a fenotype... :D

guyinsf
12-29-2011, 05:54 AM
Is there a difference between Spanish and French basques genetically speaking?

SilverKnight
12-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Irish/ S Britain , SW France, N. Spain ...

Äike
12-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Estonians not in the poll, again?

The 7th top poster of this forum is an Estonian guy named Karl, but some people still don't know that we exist. o_O

Zephyr
12-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Estonians not in the poll, again?

The 7th top poster of this forum is an Estonian guy named Karl, but some people still don't know that we exist. o_O

You should be happy that your 8000 posts convinced everyone of Estonia' scandinavian identity. :D

But then again I don't know why are scands, finns, russians or romanians among the options... It's like those first questions of that famous contest:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6741/millionaireii2.jpg

Äike
01-01-2012, 02:58 PM
You should be happy that your 8000 posts convinced everyone of Estonia' scandinavian identity. :D

Estonians aren't Scandinavian nor do we have a Scandinavian identity. We are Finnic and have a Nordic identity, just saying.

Mordid
01-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Lol, who voted Poles/Czechs/Slovaks?

Zephyr
01-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Estonians aren't Scandinavian nor do we have a Scandinavian identity. We are Finnic and have a Nordic identity, just saying.

Who am I to disagree.

But what means to be Nordic anyway?

aja675
05-21-2013, 12:35 AM

And also, he kind of me reminds me of Mark Salling.

Sikeliot
05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
And also, he kind of me reminds me of Mark Salling.

This is what I was thinking, but Mark Salling looks slightly racially ambiguous.

ABest
05-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Mostly the options between SW France and Portuguese.

Terror Terror
05-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Iberians, Western French, Britons, some Scandinavians, some Dutch, some Germans.

Ianus
02-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Sw French, Asturian, Cantabrian, Aragonese, Catalan, Galician

Empecinado
02-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Other Spaniards, Portuguese and South French.