PDA

View Full Version : Low-carb ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet

Fortis in Arduis
09-09-2011, 10:39 PM
0600 - Spinach and three egg omelette

Plenty of water followed by yoga at 1000 until 1200

1200 - One head of steamed broccoli with ghee and salt, and a soya yoghurt lassi flavoured with cardamom, rosewater and sucralose sweetener. I use 250g plain soya yogurt

1400 - 200g of tofu fried with ghee and some almonds

1600 - One head of steamed broccoli with some ghee and salt.

1800 - 200g of tofu fried with ghee, one head of steamed broccoli, with ghee and salt, and some almonds

I am detoxifying and losing weight.

Treats:

Nuts 'caramelised' with ghee, a pinch of salt, and sucralose sweetener

Also, decaffeinated coffee soya latte with sucralose

I do not feel hungry. It costs about £76 a fortnight, vegetables and nuts not included.

My taste for sucralose is diminishing.

I take and fry with ghee, as it contains no lactose, which I have an intolerance towards.

I am not watching my weight, simply watching the fat disappear before my very eyes.

What am I missing nutritionally?

Any criticisms?

Fortis in Arduis
09-10-2011, 12:08 AM
The best nuts for 'caramelising' are hazelnuts, but almonds are also lovely.

I hope that this helps someone out there.

It has been so easy. :)

Frigga
10-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Hm, I would probably try to find a different milk as opposed to soy. Have you tried coconut milk? It's not processed. The biggest strike against soy milk is how heavily processed it is, along with all of the solvents and bleaching agents used in it, as well as sweeteners. Coconut milk has a very good fatty acid profile, and is quite tasty naturally. If you are able to find an alternative to tofu, that might be worth mixing in. I don't have a huge amount of time today to give more input, but I will think on it some more and try to chime in again soon.

:)

Also, look up Norah Gegaudas with Primal Body, Primal Mind, http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/. You might be able to get some more ideas in regards to other foods you could eat. I know that you're not able to eat meat, but is it possible to eat seafood? If not fish meat itself, then how about the roe? Trace minerals from seafood are really crucial, along with the fats.

Fortis in Arduis
10-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Lactose is off the menu, but ghee is great.

I consume organic, unsweetened soy.

I could cook with coconut oil, which is good for slimming, and omegas. I eat low-carb nuts.

I'm watching the carbs, and it's working.

Taking multivits now, will introduce low-carb berries for breakfast when belly GONE.

Seafood not possible. Just eggs and soy. Seitan not possible - gluten.

Hm, I would probably try to find a different milk as opposed to soy. Have you tried coconut milk? It's not processed. The biggest strike against soy milk is how heavily processed it is, along with all of the solvents and bleaching agents used in it, as well as sweeteners. Coconut milk has a very good fatty acid profile, and is quite tasty naturally. If you are able to find an alternative to tofu, that might be worth mixing in. I don't have a huge amount of time today to give more input, but I will think on it some more and try to chime in again soon.

:)

Also, look up Norah Gegaudas with Primal Body, Primal Mind, http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/. You might be able to get some more ideas in regards to other foods you could eat. I know that you're not able to eat meat, but is it possible to eat seafood? If not fish meat itself, then how about the roe? Trace minerals from seafood are really crucial, along with the fats.

Frigga
10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Then the only thing I would suggest would be a wider variety of vegetables, cooked in coconut oil and ghee, flavored with raw apple cider vinegar if that sounds tasty. Brussel sprouts, carrots, fennel, sweet potatoes, zucchini, peppers, etc all taste wonderful sauted in oil and spiced with thyme and apple cider vinegar. Also, I highly recommend lacto-fermented foods like sauerkraut, and lacto-fermented sodas. Also, go with what you body is telling you. If you're craving macadamia nuts or almond butter, or whatever, that usually means that your body needs it, so go ahead and enjoy your cravings. :) Also, extra egg yolks, to supply extra nutrients. I eat four eggs for breakfast every morning with one piece of heavily buttered sourdough toast, which keeps me going for hours. So, maybe three whole eggs with an extra yolk in the mornings. It's worth a try.

Fortis in Arduis
07-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Basic stir-fry dish

Tofu
Broccoli
Butter

I season with fresh ginger, lemon, cumin, mustard seeds, tumeric, salt, MSG. With coconut milk, lime juice, sugar-free soy sauce, fresh coriander and fresh basil it becomes a Thai/Vietmanese dish.

This is for making the Israeli dish Shakshuka, and I use one teaspoon of cumin in the olive oil, and thenceforth one teaspoon of tumeric in the tomato which I scramble the six eggs into before adding the block of crumbled feta:

Olive Oil
Feta Cheese
Tinned Tomatoes
Eggs

Insalata Caprese

Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Tomatoes
Fresh Basil

Fresh Lemons or PLJ Lemon (for seasoning, home-made lemonade)

Treats with coffee!

Erythritol Diabetic Dark Chocolate
Double Cream
Artificial Sweeteners

Low-carb and delicious, and I am shrinking again! :D