PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarianism: Pros and Cons?

Joso
08-06-2020, 11:09 PM
I am thinking about becaming vegetarian, maybe not totally but predominantly.
My problem is that i am untolerant to a lot of foods, so i need to be really cautious.

Rocinante
08-06-2020, 11:13 PM
I am vegetarian, and i think is all pros, never encountered a con.

Tannhauser
08-06-2020, 11:15 PM
Cons: You miss Argentina most world wide thing besides footie.

gixajo
08-06-2020, 11:16 PM

:rolleyes:

Joso
08-06-2020, 11:22 PM

Are you Rh negative?
I know there is the "blood type diet", is it true that different blood types recquire different diets?

Rocinante
08-06-2020, 11:24 PM

It's true, no cons. Might be because we mestizos have a better taste to vegetables, being ourselves more used to eat it, I don't know.

Rocinante
08-06-2020, 11:27 PM
Are you Rh negative?
I know there is the "blood type diet", is it true that different blood types recquire different diets?

I am not sure bro, i think i am RH+, not sure. Though i think this thing doesn't matter.

gixajo
08-06-2020, 11:47 PM
It's true, no cons. Might be because we mestizos have a better taste to vegetables, being ourselves more used to eat it, I don't know.

As far as I know every human being on earth, even "mestizos" have digestive system and teeth typical of an omnivorous animal.

If you are looking to have a more natural diet, you should eat everything. Although I do agree, that today we eat too much meat.

With very little meat or fish in our diet, it would be enough to be healthy, but I do not think it is healthy, nor natural, to eliminate this completely.

Anyway, do what you want, I have nothing against vegetarians, on the contrary, the fewer you are, the more ham, chorizo, chops, steaks and black pudding there will be for me.:)

Götterfunke
08-07-2020, 08:13 AM
It depends on your race. A (predominantly) faelid person should never become a vegetarian. A nordic person can very well become a vegetarian.

What your ancestors ate hundreds of years ago is also a great guideline for your own diet.

Whatever you do, eat what your body digests well, and avoid processed food.

Götterfunke
08-07-2020, 08:18 AM
Are you Rh negative?

I've been following the blood type diet for some time and it worked well for me, but that does not mean it works well for most people.

I am genetically accustomed to eat a lot of animal products (which is basically the only thing you are supposed to eat with my blood type) so that the diet works for me could be purely coincidental.

Dr. D'Adamo also tells me to avoid potatoes, although I'm German and they are a staple over here, I have them almost every day and I never had any trouble digesting them, despite my blood type.

Laly
08-07-2020, 08:24 AM
I am thinking about becaming vegetarian, maybe not totally but predominantly.
My problem is that i am untolerant to a lot of foods, so i need to be really cautious.

What are your motivations to become vegetarian?

RandomGuy20
08-07-2020, 01:03 PM
There are certain vitamins that you can only get from meat which may lead to deficiencies - not eating meat also causes hormonal disturbances.
Positive of vegetarianism is a lower risk of bowel cancer.
You only need red meat 3-5 times a week (the size of your palm), white meat around 1 time a week. Us blokes need red meat especially for maintaining testosterone production.

Joso
08-07-2020, 03:37 PM
It depends on your race. A (predominantly) faelid person should never become a vegetarian. A nordic person can very well become a vegetarian.

What your ancestors ate hundreds of years ago is also a great guideline for your own diet.

Whatever you do, eat what your body digests well, and avoid processed food.

Ok, thanks.

Joso
08-07-2020, 06:05 PM
I've been following the blood type diet for some time and it worked well for me, but that does not mean it works well for most people.

I am genetically accustomed to eat a lot of animal products (which is basically the only thing you are supposed to eat with my blood type) so that the diet works for me could be purely coincidental.

Dr. D'Adamo also tells me to avoid potatoes, although I'm German and they are a staple over here, I have them almost every day and I never had any trouble digesting them, despite my blood type.

Interestingly, you guys have a lot of vegetarians there in Germany, what do you think about them?
Here in Southern Cone, vegetarians are not so common, meat culture is big.

Alenka
08-07-2020, 06:23 PM
If you want to. But in case you do make this choice of eliminating meat from your diet, it's important to make it an informed choice. Try to research as much as you can about alternative sources of nutrients that are usually sourced from meat. One thing I'd certainly recommend, is getting a routine blood test (iron, vitamin and mineral levels) done at least once a year, to keep an eye on any possible resulting deficiency that should be supplemented.

Joso
08-07-2020, 07:09 PM
If you want to. But in case you do make this choice of eliminating meat from your diet, it's important to make it an informed choice. Try to research as much as you can about alternative sources of nutrients that are usually sourced from meat. One thing I'd certainly recommend, is getting a routine blood test (iron, vitamin and mineral levels) done at least once a year, to keep an eye on any possible resulting deficiency that should be supplemented.

Well, i definitely will not be totally vegetarian, just want to eat less meat.
I am also thinking of doing fasting for some days.

Universe
08-07-2020, 07:21 PM
I am not a fan of vegatarianism and veganism. Not because I am a fanatic meat eater, I eat meat with moderation. I think a balanced, omnivore diet is the best. Phsyical excersise is important too, personally I like steady state cardio.