PDA

View Full Version : How common are poor Jews?

Ranger0075
08-13-2020, 08:39 PM
I am pretty ignorant about Judaism, but since Jews are famous for being high class worldwide so how common are poor/low class people amongst ethnic jews? People here usually say poor Jews are bad seen amongst his coreligionists, in some cases even socially banned, is it true?

I've seen poor ethnic Germans, Iberians and Italians in South America, while Jews, Korean/Japanese and Levantines (traders) are usually high class

Rocinante
08-13-2020, 08:43 PM
I never met a middle-class jewish in Venezuela, kikes usually have a lot of money.

Universe
08-14-2020, 05:48 AM
They don't exist. Having a single drop of jewish blood will make you genetically predisposed to wealth.

hmaohma78
08-14-2020, 05:50 AM
They don't exist. Having a single drop of jewish blood will make you genetically predisposed to wealth.

Really then where is my wealth I am 1.8% Jewish.:rolleyes:

Satem
08-14-2020, 05:54 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hasien
08-14-2020, 05:59 AM

Hehe that's explains my 15% middle eastern dna obviously Influenced my brain of why I have 4 houses one In Salamanca Spain one In Tel avi Israel and one In Mexico and USA

The Lawspeaker
08-14-2020, 06:05 AM
Those Jews who used to live around the Waterlooplein in Amsterdam weren't known for being wealthy. The local pawnshop knew them very well as they mostly were rags and bonesmen or had haberdasheries or were beggars. The rich Jews were in Oud Zuid.
Neither the rich or the poor Jews (for the most part) are there now (thanks to a lengthy tourist season lasting from 1940-1945).

Voskos
08-14-2020, 06:08 AM
My friend was one. Broken family, brother of his kicked out of the house , dad in and out of jail all the time. He still managed to get a job that pays over 5k EU/month but he dumped all of his old friends, including me.

PaleoEuropean
08-14-2020, 06:08 AM
Those Jews who used to live around the Waterlooplein in Amsterdam weren't known for being wealthy. The local pawnshop them very well. The rich Jews were in Oud Zuid.
Neither the rich or the poor Jews (for the most part) are there now.

The only really rich Jew I ever met was married to a non-Jew who was the bread winner (I dated their adopted daughter who was Hispanic/white).

Hasien
08-14-2020, 06:15 AM
Anyway my grandfather was a middle eastern mexican with Lebanese and Israeli ancestry probably not full but not fully colonial mexican.

He used to said to us money Is very Important and the element's of financial literacy should be thought at super young age. He said give the monkey the choice of a banana versus money and the monkey would pick banana because he doesn't know the value of the power of money and later can buy more .

Wolfdog
08-14-2020, 06:17 AM
I know few poor Jews. Also most of Jews in my city have average incomes or below average.
BTW stereotype "all Jews = very wealthy" seems to be very strong.
When I was a teen I thought "if I have some Jewish blood, then I have to be rich".
Then, few years ago I discovered my 1/32 Jewish ancestor, but I hadn't become rich :p

Pedro Ruben
08-14-2020, 09:48 AM
I know Portuguese of Jewish/Sephardic origin and the tendency for business seems to be genetic :D (jewelery, commerce, banks, etc). They are hardworking people.

JamesBond007
08-14-2020, 10:01 AM
Ultra-Orthodox Jews are poor, at least in Israel. The men do not work, they have large families, and collect welfare.

JamesBond007
08-14-2020, 10:43 AM
I am pretty ignorant about Judaism, but since Jews are famous for being high class worldwide so how common are poor/low class people amongst ethnic jews? People here usually say poor Jews are bad seen amongst his coreligionists, in some cases even socially banned, is it true?

I've seen poor ethnic Germans, Iberians and Italians in South America, while Jews, Korean/Japanese and Levantines (traders) are usually high class

https://pics.me.me/farokhgoodlife-you-can-have-all-the-money-in-the-world-11537647.png

Jew Howard Stern as "fartman" :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_7jEd5VUAELvr2.jpg

Aldaris
08-14-2020, 11:18 AM
The most common type of Jews around here. In my city, we have a district called Židenice, which roughly translates to 'Jewplace', but it comes off with a lot of pejorative nuance. It wasn't designed with care in mind.

Zeno
08-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Very rare.

Ranger0075
08-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Interesting

Thanks

AdrianV
08-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Ultra-Orthodox Jews are poor, at least in Israel. The men do not work, they have large families, and collect welfare.

They do some of that is NYC also, however they do a good job of pooling money to buy apartment buildings.

Creoda
08-14-2020, 06:23 PM
I don't know, but I've heard about them all my life.