PDA

View Full Version : Austrian restaurant displays xenophobic board - returnees from Croatia not welcome

Jana
08-19-2020, 05:28 PM
reminds me of good old : "entrance forbidden for Jews and Dogs" boards
old habbits die hard, eh?

https://www.vecernji.hr/media/img/1f/bb/faf5cc06edd086d67501.png

xD

Universe
08-19-2020, 05:34 PM
It could refer to people who were on holiday in Croatia, not necessarily to ethnic croats. They may be afraid of coronavirus, amount of "active cases" in Croatia is growing. Many people in Austria go to Croatia for holiday, regardless of ethnicity.

Faklon
08-19-2020, 05:37 PM
Did you use Magyar privilege?

Jana
08-19-2020, 05:43 PM
It could refer to people who were on holiday in Croatia, not necessarily to ethnic croats. They may be afraid of coronavirus, amount of "active cases" in Croatia is growing. Many people in Austria go to Croatia for holiday, regardless of ethnicity.

I know...half of Austria vacations here. But in Graz live tons of Croats.
Interesting how they never wrote "returnees from Spain/Italy/Greece etc not welcome"

xD

Styrians are very Slavophobic.

Mingle
08-19-2020, 05:44 PM
It could refer to people who were on holiday in Croatia, not necessarily to ethnic croats. They may be afraid of coronavirus, amount of "active cases" in Croatia is growing.

Yeah, I searched the German text in the OP in Google News to try to find article it came from to read the context. Although I didn't find it, I instead got articles about a travel warning for Croatia in regards to the corona epidemic. They're gonna be doing it with too according to the article.

https://www.merkur.de/welt/coronavirus-oesterreich-kanzler-kurz-urlaub-kroatien-mallorca-reisewarnung-zahlen-news-zr-90025677.html

https://orf.at/stories/3177876/

If an Austrian does dislike Croats, its likely just gonna be on an individualistic level and not some sort of widespread sentiment.

Kyp
08-19-2020, 05:45 PM
I think it's meant for everyone who visited Croatia (Croatians and Austrians included)

Cristiano viejo
08-19-2020, 05:47 PM
The owner is a Serbian immigrant in Austria that visits Apricity and sees you calling Gypsies to them, so what do you expect??

Jana
08-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I searched the German text in the OP in Google News to try to find article it came from to read the context. Although I didn't find it, I instead got articles about a travel warning for Croatia in regards to the corona epidemic. They're gonna be doing it with too according to the article.

https://www.merkur.de/welt/coronavirus-oesterreich-kanzler-kurz-urlaub-kroatien-mallorca-reisewarnung-zahlen-news-zr-90025677.html

https://orf.at/stories/3177876/

If an Austrian does dislike Croats, its likely just gonna be on an individualistic level and not some sort of widespread sentiment.

I think it's meant for everyone who visited Croatia (Croatians and Austrians included)

Yeah. But I read comments on one newspapers, people were really offended xD
They think they'd never write such thing to people returning from some bigger, richer country or from MENA (it's not PC), so Slavs are their usual victims.

Immanenz
08-19-2020, 05:51 PM

Yes. People want to avoid a Lockdown II. but its certainly not the most polite way of handling such things

Jana
08-19-2020, 05:51 PM
Did you use Magyar privilege?

Hungarian minister of foreign affairs visited my Island few days ago...man knows what's the best :D
I told Stears how privilegded he is to vacation there because Szijarto has money to go wherever he pleases and he came here. Hehe.

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 05:53 PM
It refers to Austrians who just came back from Croatia. You know: the place fucked up by Covid. German, as a language, allows for compound words so the English translation says: "not for those returning from Croatia"). So it has nothing to do with Croats as why would Croats return to Austria from Croatia ?

Universe
08-19-2020, 05:54 PM
Why did they pick on Croats specifically of all immgrant groups though? If it's because of xenophobia

Jana
08-19-2020, 05:57 PM
It refers to Austrians who just came back from Croatia. You know: the place fucked up by Covid. German, as a language, allows for compound words so the English translation says: "not for those returning from Croatia"). So it has nothing to do with Croats as why would Croats return to Austria from Croatia ?

It also refers to huge Croatian immigrant community in Austria who went home for summer.

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:01 PM
It also refers to huge Croatian immigrant community in Austria who went home for summer.

It returns to anyone returning from Croatia. You need to brush up on your German. Kroatien-Rückkehrer. It doesn't say Kroaten (Croats) but Kroatien (Croatia). Those returning from Croatia. Not Croats. Or it would simply have said: Nicht für Kroaten (Not for Croats). But it says: Nicht für Kroatien-Rückkehrer. (Not for those returning from Croatia).

Universe
08-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Why would one put a dot on a capital I letter though? The restaurant must be owned by a Turk xD

Jana
08-19-2020, 06:05 PM
Why would one put a dot on a capital I letter though? The restaurant must be owned by a Turk xD

Owner is Austrian Franz Erart xD

https://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/ploca-ne-za-povratnike-iz-hrvatske-ispred-austrijskog-restorana-razbjesnila-sve-cista-diskriminacija-1425044

Jana
08-19-2020, 06:06 PM
It returns to anyone returning from Croatia. You need to brush up on your German. Kroatien-Rückkehrer. It doesn't say Kroaten (Croats) but Kroatien (Croatia). Those returning from Croatia. Not Croats. Or it would simply have said: Nicht für Kroaten (Not for Croats). But it says: Nicht für Kroatien-Rückkehrer. (Not for those returning from Croatia).

Das Raccistt Germanic devils! Shame on you!

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:06 PM
And I think the owner is right here: until they have been cleared by Austrian authorities and can prove it, they are (with the cases in Croatia rising steadily) a potential health risk and no owner would want his place closed down because people got infected there.

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:07 PM
Das Raccistt Germanic devils! Shame on you!

Coming from the likes of you, I take that as a compliment.

Kyp
08-19-2020, 06:08 PM

to work?

But I agree with you that its mostly meant for Austrians in general returning.

Kamal900

You called?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3RlBR_WAAASci_.jpg

Jana

Apartheid Demon!

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:11 PM
In fact - my text would have been much harsher: Nicht für Ausländer und Ausland-Rückkehrer. Until they have been cleared by the authorities and can prove it.

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:12 PM
Apartheid Demon!

Blame the Afrikaners, Miss Ustaše.

Jana
08-19-2020, 06:15 PM

First your compatriots will deport your Filipina back to jungle!

Kamal900
08-19-2020, 06:16 PM

Nah, blame the Israeli Jews for that. They make Afrikaners look pansy in comparison. It's like comparing a BB gun to a nuclear warhead.

Kamal900
08-19-2020, 06:17 PM

Woah, that's cruel :mad:

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:18 PM

If she was here, she probably wouldn't be able to leave the country. This is why we use visas that last as long as possible: for every eventuality.

Jana
08-19-2020, 06:24 PM
In fact - my text would have been much harsher: Nicht für Ausländer und Ausland-Rückkehrer. Until they have been cleared by the authorities and can prove it.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?42706-Members-Pictures-Thread-II&p=6854956&viewfull=1#post6854956

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:26 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?42706-Members-Pictures-Thread-II&p=6854956&viewfull=1#post6854956

Should show us all what kind of character you actually are. Even if you didn't know you were infected, and someone ended up dying because of you, there will be repercussions for you after you croak yourself.

Jana
08-19-2020, 06:27 PM
xD

The Lawspeaker
08-19-2020, 06:30 PM
xD

People have a responsibility to stay in present position (and that includes foreigners trapped here at the moment of outbreak and they should be cared for for the duration of the epidemic and barred from further travel) and, in case they may be infected without knowing it, not spreading it by travelling. Either inside the country or abroad.

Seya
08-19-2020, 06:40 PM
but Croatia doesn't even have many infected. Austria has about the same number. i don't see the problem. there are other countries in europe with my much higher risk. it they think it's such a big problem, then they should impose restrictions.

Insuperable
08-19-2020, 11:13 PM
1. It doesn't seem xenophobic.
2. Who cares.

Teutone
08-19-2020, 11:48 PM
Every TA woman has a hysterical SJW in her

Crn Volk
08-20-2020, 01:46 AM
The owner is a Serbian immigrant in Austria that visits Apricity and sees you calling Gypsies to them, so what do you expect??

Morty strikes again