PDA

View Full Version : Woman attacking men...

MarcvSS
03-27-2009, 02:00 PM
We allready have a thread about the worst thing a man has ever done to a woman...

I found the threadtitle to be a little shortsighted... As I posted in that thread.

What about woman who do terrible things to men such as getting agressive and even using weapons...

My father raised me with the given fact that a man never should use force on a woman, and I lived by this rule for all my life...

A couple of years back i got attacked by my GF with a wooden chairleg... She pounded me 4 times in the back with it, after wich I disarmed her, got her on the floor and sat on her with my knees pinning her arms to the ground...

After that incident I swore, that if a woman should ever try to physicly attack me again with the attempt of doing harm, I would pound her into oblivion...

Now I got myself in the following situation...

I got this girl to come over, we hate a nice supper, had some drinks, discussed life etc etc...
She asked if I fancied going down to the pub, and so we did.

Since we have a non-smoking law in public places here in the Netherlands, we went outside to smoke a cigaret and suddenly this girl is all over me.
trying to kiss me and such...

I pushed her away several times, telling her that my heart belongs to another woman.
She begins slapping me. I grab her to restrain her and during the struggle she gets hold of my sidearm...

She points it right at me... Luckely I never cock and lock my handgun and keep the safety on ofcourse...

Before I could respond, one of my comrades snatched the gun out of her hand and launches a powerfull punch right in her face.

I reacted by pushing him back and tended to the girl... Who burst into big tears.

First I feld sorry for her, after letting this run through my head I came up with this thread...

Cause honoustly... I feel like shit for not launching that punch myself...

Your opinions on the mather please...

Your friendly neighborhood Skinhead Marcus...

The Lawspeaker
03-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Girls never seem to take it well when they are being turned down. I think that your pal didn't really overreact. Giving some girl a slap in the face is dishonorable and abhorrent and any man doing so can expect to feel my fist up his eye socket but when that girl just pointed a bleeding gun at you she deserved that slap (and more then one too) since she apparently wanted to scare you but if the safety pin hadn't been on you might just as well have been dead.

But I guess that the young lady has some serious issues. Otherwise she wouldn't react in such a way and cry afterwards when she gets a well deserved punch.

Lady L
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Sounds like a bad situation....

Did this girl think there was going to be something between ya'll...? Or did it just come up as the fight started..? Either way, she over-reacted. Which women and men sometimes do...

Maybe its best your friend hit her before you could...even though you think the latter. I'm not sure you doing it yourself would make you feel any better than you do now. Its a bad situation to be in either way...

You don't need this kind of drama now...

Cleanse yourself from it all....:wink:)

Baron Samedi
03-27-2009, 03:11 PM
She had it coming, and possibly more.

You point a loaded weapon at someone, safety or not, your rights to life just ended there.

Women are just human beings with different sex organs.... They are not to be put on a pedestal above anyone else, and certainly not to be trusted.

All this aside, you are a noble man, Marcus.

Psychonaut
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
The only times I've ever punched women were in training situations. I think that if a woman is attacking you (a man) and you have the ability to restrain her, you should do so in lieu of punching. However, when a weapon is involved, a swift punch to the face is definitely warranted.

Aemma
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I think you did the right thing though Marcus by not having hit her--it goes against who you are as a person of integrity. Having said that, I think that it was good that your friend was there to disarm her and then well unfortunately he had to (literally) knock some sense into her. :( There are ways to disarm people without resorting to excessive bodily harm (well from my limited understanding of such of course). In your situation with having a gun pointed at you, of course a means of self-defense is necessary and warranted in my view, no matter who is in front of you. But I think that this is where perhaps one's street smarts and/or martial arts training come into play: assessing your opponent and his/her strengths (be they physical or psychological even) and then acting accordingly. Of course I'm no expert on such things and there are others here (SuuT for example) who know way more about these things.

Perhaps not too helpful of a post on my part Marcus. Sorry. But I'm hoping that others will chime in. :)

Cheers Marcus!...Aemma

Frigga
03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Don't beat yourself up over this. The girl has some emotional issuses, obviously. She may have a mental unbalance even. To go for your sidearm like that!! That's not good.

Be comforted by something though. At least you found out about her behavior now instead of hitting it off with her, and finding out about it several months, or even years down the line. You would be feeling even worse then you do now. Your friend stepped in and helped you. That's what friends are for. Embrace what your friend has done for you, and just try your best to repay him in kind when you get the chance.

As far as intimate relations with other women, ie dinner at your apartment, (which to some people, ie women with acceptance issues, or abandonment issues, suggests that you want to take things to the next level, and that you really like her etc. Rejection does not sit well with these sorts. I suggest that you rent a movie with Katie Holmes, called Abandon. You'll see what I mean.) I'd suggest giving yourself more time to heal, and to have closure. These things do take time. Don't rush it.

I think that you acted well from what you've written. Don't sweat things. Life's too short and precious for that. :)

Heimmacht
03-27-2009, 05:51 PM
I think your friend was f#cking right to do that! What kind of psycho would point a gun at someone because she got turned down! What a stupid b*tch...

Eldritch
03-27-2009, 06:30 PM
I once punched a woman in the face. Hard.

About 100 years ago, when I was still in the uni, I used to go to a certain bar/nightclub in downdown Helsinki every now and then on weekends.

Once, after they'd closed and everyone was on the sidewalk looking for taxis, other clubs to go to, places to eat, people to go home and have sex with, etc. etc, this girl I'd never seen before suddenly attacked me, no reason, no provocation. She tried to hit me, shove and kick me, and tried to bite my wrist (thank the gods she only managed to eat a part of the sleeve of my jacket).

So I slugged her. Not proud of it or anything, but I did it. She and her friends startied shouting for people to call the police, so I got out of there as soon as I could, and didn't go to that place again for over a year.

Barreldriver
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I once punched a woman in the face. Hard.

About 100 years ago, when I was still in the uni, I used to go to a certain bar/nightclub in downdown Helsinki every now and then on weekends.

Once, after they'd closed and everyone was on the sidewalk looking for taxis, other clubs to go to, places to eat, people to go home and have sex with, etc. etc, this girl I'd never seen before suddenly attacked me, no reason, no provocation. She tried to hit me, shove and kick me, and tried to bite my wrist (thank the gods she only managed to eat a part of the sleeve of my jacket).

So I slugged her. Not proud of it or anything, but I did it. She and her friends startied shouting for people to call the police, so I got out of there as soon as I could, and didn't go to that place again for over a year.

I think you did the right thing, an attack is an attack no matter what sexual organs they have or don't have, it they want to inflict harm they better be prepared to receive it. It also goes into the double standards within equal rights between men and women, many women think equal rights to men is being able to get all the perks, but not take the same punishment that a man would get when they act in a way that deems a specific punishment, i.e. that situation that you described, she out right assaulted you and when you defended yourself her "friend" instantly started shouting for the police as if you were the culprit, that is a great example of the double standard where some women think that they can get away with that crap just because they are that, a woman.

I see it this way, I don't care who you are, or what organs, sexual wise, that you have or lack, if you assault someone you better be prepared to recieve a counter attack. People want equal gender rights they better be prepared to accept equal consequence for their actions and not just get the perks.

Solwyn
03-27-2009, 08:14 PM
You didn't do anything wrong, she could have killed you for turning her down - hello?! Your friend did what he did to keep an ugly situation from getting uglier.

I feel rather bad for the girl, she obviously needs some help where alcohol and judgment are concerned.

However, in the future, on the off chance that more of your female friends are fans of Fatal Attraction, make sure that your boundaries are drawn and they know that they are only FRIENDS when they go out with you for dinner, drinks, and have really deep conversations. In fact, consider reserving that activity just for the woman that your heart actually belongs to because it sounds like a date. I believe if the alcohol was removed from the situation, she would have reacted badly but not as dramatically. It sounds like she felt a little led on.

That doesn't excuse attempting to frighten you with a weapon, but you know....future reference and all that - lay the cards out on the table.

RoyBatty
03-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Now I got myself in the following situation...

I got this girl to come over, we hate a nice supper, had some drinks, discussed life etc etc...
She asked if I fancied going down to the pub, and so we did.

Since we have a non-smoking law in public places here in the Netherlands, we went outside to smoke a cigaret and suddenly this girl is all over me.
trying to kiss me and such...

I pushed her away several times, telling her that my heart belongs to another woman.
She begins slapping me. I grab her to restrain her and during the struggle she gets hold of my sidearm...

She points it right at me... Luckely I never cock and lock my handgun and keep the safety on ofcourse...

Before I could respond, one of my comrades snatched the gun out of her hand and launches a powerfull punch right in her face.

I reacted by pushing him back and tended to the girl... Who burst into big tears.

First I feld sorry for her, after letting this run through my head I came up with this thread...

Cause honoustly... I feel like shit for not launching that punch myself...

Your opinions on the mather please...

Your friendly neighborhood Skinhead Marcus...

When a firearm and a crazy man or woman is involved the only thing to do is to take it out of their hands by any means possible if the situation would permit it. That definitely includes smacking them senseless.

There just isn't time to think to weigh up the pros and cons or being a bleeding heart and polite. Put them down fast. Sure, it isn't "nice", it is about the SURVIVAL of you and your comrades and the general public who could have become "collateral damage".

When somebody attacks with a weapon they've crossed the line and can't expect to be treated with kid gloves. Your friend did the right thing without a doubt. :thumb001:

Needless to say, better cut all ties with her because she's probably prone to this type of behaviour and something similar could easily happen again.

RoyBatty
03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
However, in the future, on the off chance that more of your female friends are fans of Fatal Attraction, make sure that your boundaries are drawn and they know that they are only FRIENDS when they go out with you for dinner, drinks, and have really deep conversations.

Some people refuse to accept being "friends" no matter what one tells them or which boundaries are drawn. There's no reasoning with them. They'll pretend to agree with all of the above but when it comes to the crunch they'll still have "other" ideas.

It's not always clear whether they fall into this obsessive category or not but once the evidence suggests that they do, I think the only solution is to cut them off.

Lahtari
03-29-2009, 07:42 PM
It's rather simple: the moral code of not hitting a woman is for protecting women from the sometimes violent male world by excluding them from it - not to give them compensation for physical disadvantage. :p
Not to say that it's fine to hit some crazed 40kg woman attacking you with a fluffy pillow, but the very latest point when the moral code becomes obsolete is when they attack you with lethal weapons.

Solwyn
03-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Some people refuse to accept being "friends" no matter what one tells them or which boundaries are drawn. There's no reasoning with them. They'll pretend to agree with all of the above but when it comes to the crunch they'll still have "other" ideas.

It's not always clear whether they fall into this obsessive category or not but once the evidence suggests that they do, I think the only solution is to cut them off.

Absolutely, and it's why I don't believe in being friends with someone I've been involved with. I found out the hard way the day that an ex got into my computer and wormed his way into my accounts. The constant drive-bys were a bit of a pain as well, and the phone ringing every 15 minutes until I would answer out of desperation......all good reasons to TAKE! THE! HINT!

Some people need to be cut off immediately and the lady in this story has certainly shown herself to be one of those:thumb001:

Fortis in Arduis
03-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Something in my circuitry bypassed the 'men never hit women' fixation that our (new) society has and I think that men use this totally unwritten rule to:

chastise one another to take away the pain of being 'whipped' themselves, both in admonishing each other for doing it, and by giving each other carte blanche to then lay into each other by default.

I totally oppose it. It is a cultural weakness.

Manifest Destiny
03-30-2009, 05:19 AM
I'm all about equal opportunity when it comes to self defense. I'll fight to the best of my ability against anyone who attempts to hurt me or my loved ones, regardless of the attacker's race, gender, religion, etc.

jerney
03-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Any man "punching" a woman is a complete pussy. Unless it was in complete self-defense, and there was no other way to control her, there is no excuse. Any man who deems it acceptable to beat on women has a serious character defect and is a despicable human being.

Eldritch
03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Any man who deems it acceptable to beat on women has a serious character defect and is a despicable human being.

Let me stretch the paradigm: any person who thinks it is acceptable to bully and beat up on people who are weaker, smaller or younger than you, has a serious character defect and is a despicable human being.

RoyBatty
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Any man "punching" a woman is a complete pussy. Unless it was in complete self-defense, and there was no other way to control her, there is no excuse. Any man who deems it acceptable to beat on women has a serious character defect and is a despicable human being.

That's a bit general. If she was built like Serena Williams and coming at me with a pickaxe handle that's not exactly an accurate analogy. I'm with Dresden on this one. Any kind of human or animal threat to my health and the health of my friends or relations can expect to be dealt with, one way or the other.

Somebody pointing a gun in my face better be prepared to use it..........

Solwyn
04-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Any man "punching" a woman is a complete pussy.

LOL.....you wouldn't say that if it was me coming at you:p In fact, I figure that if I started to put a beating onto you, you'd forget very quickly that you don't hit women. I'm a sturdy girl who's been to combat school. Aemma's met me, she knows I'm not a delicate little flower that withers in the breeze:D

jerney
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
LOL.....you wouldn't say that if it was me coming at you:p In fact, I figure that if I started to put a beating onto you, you'd forget very quickly that you don't hit women. I'm a sturdy girl who's been to combat school. Aemma's met me, she knows I'm not a delicate little flower that withers in the breeze:D

I'm not a man.. I'm also not trashy and/or low class so I wouldn't get into a physical fight with another woman anyway.

Beorn
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I was brought up around women my entire life and have had more punch ups with them than I have men.
I have no qualms in hitting a woman if the situation called me to do so and don't think any lesser of a man who does hit a woman.

It is the nature by which the punch is first thrown that I have troubles with.

Solwyn
04-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not a man. I'm also not trashy and/or low class so I wouldn't get into a physical fight with another woman anyway.

LOLOL....I didn't check your gender, sorry!!!! Jerney looked like a male name and its usually the men who say those things.

I don't go around picking fights either. I was being cheeky. I wouldn't know if you're trashy or not because I don't know you. I reserve that sort of judgment for in-person meetings.