PDA

View Full Version : MyHeritage Results – Mostly Colonial Brazilian

pitonak
08-25-2020, 09:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HX2yQuB.png

I had posted a classify thread here (https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?321990-Classify-me-(Brazilian)) before. Most part of my family is from Minas Gerais dating back to many generations in the same area, I have two great-grandparents from Europe, one Italian and other Slovenian.

Lucas
08-26-2020, 08:47 AM
This Slovienian was probably German Slovenian. Or you have some unknown German admixture. Too much Scandinavia.
Do you have Gedmatch?

gixajo
08-26-2020, 09:38 AM
Try Gedmatch if you can:

https://www.gedmatch.com/login1.php

Eurogenes K13 for example.

There are many Brazilian and Portuguese members(and others) that can guide you to intrepret your results.

Leto
08-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Cool. You must belong to the elite of Brazil :cool:
And some people only know about "Blackzilians"...

Chris596
08-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Very interesting results from a Brazilian, I didn't expect this much Germanic ancestry either!

Jana
08-26-2020, 01:38 PM
This Slovienian was probably German Slovenian. Or you have some unknown German admixture. Too much Scandinavia.
Do you have Gedmatch?

Good guess. I browsed trough her classification thread and she mentioned her Slovenian ancestor was from Maribor area.
It was German majority city with Slovenian majority countryside around it.

In 1900, the city itself had a population that was 82.3% Austrian German (19,298 people) and 17.3% Slovene (4,062 people; based on the language spoken at home);: most of the city's capital and public life was in Austrian German hands. However, the county excluding the city had only 10,199 Austrian Germans and 78,888 Slovene inhabitants, meaning the city was completely surrounded by majority-Slovene ethnic territory.:210, 300 Some former independent settlements that later became part of the city had more ethnic Slovenes than Austrian Germans (e.g., Krčevina, Radvanje, Tezno), whereas others had more Austrian Germans than ethnic Slovenes (e.g., Pobrežje and Studenci)

pitonak
08-26-2020, 04:06 PM
My family origins is pretty poor and rural, in fact. I think they were just isolated so end up not having much contact with indigenous or blacks. Thinking about their city, in last decades there is a certain influx of more pardo/black people to work in industries or farms, but most of local/traditional families (not necessarily rich) looks white, at least from my parents/grandparents generation. Like in my extended family, most of my cousins are pardo, or are married to someone pardo.

I'll upload to GedMatch soon! Also, my great-grandparent from Italy was from North Italy, so maybe both of them had something from Germany?

Leto
10-11-2020, 02:12 PM
My family origins is pretty poor and rural, in fact. I think they were just isolated so end up not having much contact with indigenous or blacks. Thinking about their city, in last decades there is a certain influx of more pardo/black people to work in industries or farms, but most of local/traditional families (not necessarily rich) looks white, at least from my parents/grandparents generation. Like in my extended family, most of my cousins are pardo, or are married to someone pardo.

I'll upload to GedMatch soon! Also, my great-grandparent from Italy was from North Italy, so maybe both of them had something from Germany?
It is time to share the Gedmatch :p

calxpal
10-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Very cool results :), not exactly what I expected for a Brazilian. What's your opinion on the accuracy?