PDA

View Full Version : One face, one race - What does this saying mean to you?

Chris596
08-27-2020, 01:18 PM
There's a Greek saying "μια φάτσα μια ράτσα" - ,,one face, one race'' or in Italian ,, Italian una faccia, una razza'' which has mainly a cultural and ethnical meaning in this case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece%E2%80%93Italy_relations

But personally, what comes to your mind when you hear it? I seriously believe that under our skin every human being is close to each other, as a human species together. I would like to exclude political beliefs because I think this has a lot more connection to biology and demographics or even psychology, than to politics or ideologies in general. Yes this can be seen as an ideology as well, but not as a political ideology (this is my opinion).

I think races shouldn't play such a big role in Western politics as it is today. But of course there are many reasons behind it. Anyway I wouldn't like to focus on this in this thread but please share your views about this topic and express your feelings and what comes to your mind when you hear/read this.

If we abstract a little and try to think a bit outside the box, could this even be a motto for future humans, humanity in general? Please also share everything if you have reasons against this ideology. Yes there are basic genetical and cultural differences between groups of humans but we can overcome these and the my question is what would be the goal of future humans?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/33/e7/7833e71f479377c345a10e2d66343759.jpg

Arsen_
08-27-2020, 01:35 PM
Well as that saying explained in that Wikipedia article it is often used in Greece to express the perception of close cultural affinities between Greeks and Italians. But does this work in real life? Now, for example, in the Mediterranean Sea, Italy instead of supporting Greece, rather takes a pro-Turkish position.

Chris596
08-27-2020, 01:44 PM
Well as that saying explained in that Wikipedia article it is often used in Greece to express the perception of close cultural affinities between Greeks and Italians. But does this work in real life? Now, for example, in the Mediterranean Sea, Italy instead of supporting Greece, rather takes a pro-Turkish position.

Yes, this was used mainly in the context of Italian-Greek relations. Are you referring to what happened in Libya here? That's indeed something different and I'll leave that to Italian-Greek-Turkish members to discuss that here if they would like to. Now, my idea is to take this to a new level and imagine what else this saying could be used in connection with, such as equality between humans (not only ethnicities or nations).

Bosniensis
08-27-2020, 02:09 PM
That's just a "saying" One Face One Race.

Greeks look nothing like most of Italy except Southern Italians which are basically Greeks.

Romans were Dinarids yet we don't see too much Dinarids in Greece and Italy with exception that Italy USED to be populated with Dinarids.

Modern Greeks culturally aren't even remotely similar to Romans from 10th - 15th century but surprisingly Turks ARE.

The simple fact that people of Greece joined EU and became friends of Westerners is a CAPITAL proof that they have nothing with people like Manuel Komnenos, Andronikos, Theodor Gavras, Nikephoros Phokas etc...

because spiritually and culturally they don't behave like those people. Greeks are Westerners a 100% opposite of Byzantines /Romans/

If you want to observe Eastern Roman Empire you must look at Turks, Bulgarians, and Balkaners... cause THEY are those people, a people who:

1. Dislike Western Culture
2. Either Orthodox or Muslims who refuse western reforms.
3. Rebellius
4. hardliners
5. difficult to agree with or debate with

Greeks are nothing of those.

While Italians are just a bunch of French people who mixed with native Italian Women. Italy has lost it's populace and quality 1500 years ago, and only 30% of people are Native Italians even less... so it's nonsense even to talk about Italy.

Chris596
08-27-2020, 08:37 PM
Bump - more opinions?