PDA

View Full Version : Do you use alternative medicine?

Laly
08-30-2020, 08:39 PM
Do you use alternative health cares, such as homeopathy, phytotherapy, acupuncture, etc.?

I have already tested all of the above-mentioned types of medicine.

Since my daughter, who is now almost one and a half year old, was born, I've given her only homeopathic remedies, and it seems to have a good effect on her. She has actually never been really ill, she's really healthy and beautiful, and she is not even vaccinated.

PaleoEuropean
08-30-2020, 08:51 PM
There are certain things I use that are proven like Turmeric and manuka honey but I am rarely sick or injured enough to warrant any treatment for anything. Still I use those two things quite often to keep me healthier. Both have anti-fungal, antibiotic and antiviral properties. Both can also be used in wound management topically.

Mr.G
08-31-2020, 02:43 AM
I took Oil of Oregano drops daily for awhile, it's supposed to have anti-everything that's bad properties to it.

I would go back to using it but it's not the most exciting stuff to take. It tastes pretty much like what I imagine jet fuel to taste like. Seriously, 2 or 3 drops in a glass of water is an interesting experience for you and also anyone else in the kitchen with you.

calxpal
08-31-2020, 02:47 AM
I do not, but I have recently become interested in trying it.

JamesBond007
08-31-2020, 02:51 AM
Yes, naturopathy :

Self Study: Naturopathy's Secret Weapon

By John Bryant

As a sort of introduction to what might be called my philosophy of medicine, I offer the following essay. It was first published in the May 1996 issue of The Townsend Letter for Doctors, a major journal of the alternative medical community where I have often published.

There are two kinds of health research, but only one of them is currently recognized by medical science, namely, what I call group study, ie, studies of groups of people who are subjected to some form of procedure, diet, supplementation, etc. Group studies have obvious value, at least when competently done, although there are certain important problems inherent in these studies which I have discussed elsewhere, including proper choice of variables and the need to replace double-blind with multiple-blind studies However, the fact that group studies are not -- or not consciously -- combined with the second form of research is perhaps the most important flaw in allopathic medicine, and one which is actually leading to its collapse in the face of competition with naturopathy. This second form of research what I call self study, by which I mean the process in which an individual subjects his own body to some form of procedure, diet, supplementation, etc, to see if it works for him. This procedure, of course, is different from that of various medical heroes, who subjected themselves to such things as yellow fever, AIDS and other dread diseases in order to prove something for others: Rather, self study is merely the way an individual can find out if the result of some group study -- or his grandma's advice, or his own intuition -- has any relevance for his own personal well-being. Self study is important not merely for the obvious reason that group studies are irrelevant to what works for some particular individual, but also because the individual is the one person with the greatest interest in promoting his own health -- unlike his doctor, whose interest inclines to collecting his fee -- and because the individual has access to "research data" (his own feelings and reactions) not accessible to the white-coated set.

But there is an important caveat for those involved in self study, namely, what the famous Harvard psychologist BF Skinner called "the development of superstition". Skinner's famous experiment, performed on my favorite animal -- pigeons -- is one which should be read, marked, learned and inwardly digested by not only those involved in self study, but also religionists, astrologizers, superstitionists, allopaths and others of their ilk. What Skinner did was to place hungry pigeons in a so-called Skinner box, which would drop food grains to the pigeon at random times. What Skinner found is that, if food were dropped when a pigeon was performing some particular action (eg, strutting, grooming, scratching, etc), the food would "reinforce" the behavior, so that the hungry pigeon would tend to perform such behavior in order to get more food. Thus a pigeon, after some time in a Skinner box, would be found to be performing some action over and over, thus indicating that it had developed a "superstition" about how it could cause food to appear -- a superstition which would become more and more strongly reinforced as the pigeon was "rewarded" for this behavior by the random appearance of food. (Note: Skinner was a behaviorist, and thus did not believe in the existence of mentality apart from its behavioral manifestations; hence superstition to him meant merely "behaving superstitiously". Please don't ask me if he knew the difference between when he was awake and when he was not.)

One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see that Skinnerian reinforcement is the basis of not only superstition and religion, but also all kinds of other misbehaviors, particularly allopathy. That is, a person gets sick, he goes to the doctor, the doctor gives him a pill, he gets well, and Voila! -- he (and the doctor) thinks there is a relation between what the doctor did and the fact that he got well, when in fact there may be no relation and -- as many of us well know -- we would probably have gotten well sooner without the doctor. This situation is exacerbated by the so-called placebo effect, ie, the fact that irrelevant "cures" are successful in curing 1/3 of all diseases anyway -- or at least that 1/3 of us get well after visiting the doctor (please don't ask what happens to the other 2/3).

The lesson of the Skinner box for self study should be obvious, but I will spell it out anyway: Just because you feel better after taking some pill, enduring some regimen, or whatever, this does not necessarily mean that the pill, regimen or whatever had anything to do with your feeling better. Furthermore, in cases where a pill, regimen or whatever is not in fact helpful, one should attempt to determine this fact, not merely because the cost of pillage or whatever can mount up, but also because such therapies may actually be doing some unrecognized kind of harm. Thus in order to purge your life of "naturopathic superstition" you should make a list of your pills, regimens, etc, and then systematically drop each one for awhile to see if it makes any difference. In fact, if you want to be really scientific about it, you could try dropping all possible combinations: For example, if you are taking three different pills, first drop one, then the second, then the third, then the first and second, then the first and third, etc, etc, etc. Following this, you could fool around with different dosages, and in general spend your whole life figuring out what you should be taking, all the while forgetting that what you need now may not be the same thing you needed last year, and isn't science wonderful?

In closing, I would like to make one final point which is also not recognized by allopathic medicine, but which is unconsciously recognized by many engaged in self study, namely, that the best method of curing or preventing disease is to utilize a multiplicity of strategies. What I am getting at here is a lesson from systems theory, to wit, that the best way to prevent a "system" from breaking down is to have a backup system. We see this in hospitals, for example, which generally have backup power systems to insure power in case a squirrel gets into the power company's transformers. In the case of our body "system", the best way to keep it from "going down" is to have multiple backup strategies for staying healthy: For example, we might try to keep healthy both by eating a good diet and by exercising, so that if one strategy doesn't provide optimal health by itself, the other will "take up the slack". Likewise, in order to assure cardiovascular health, we might take both vitamin C and vitamin E, even tho we feel that one of them may be "redundant".

Naturopaths have a great deal to teach allopaths, but allopaths are unlikely to learn anything. One reason for this is because they will probably all die from their own treatments first.

Laly
09-09-2020, 01:43 PM
I forgot to mention thermal cures. I have asthma issues, because of which sometimes have bronchitis and thermal cures do me good.

I’ve twice done a three weeks thermal cure in Savoie, France, more precisely in the thermal baths of Challes-les-Eaux.

“Close to Chambéry, Challes-les-Eaux has the most sulphurous water in Europe. The thermal center was created in 1872. Strong sulphurous water, iodized, bromide, bicarbonated, cold sodium relieves respiratory disorders and certain gynecological problems. The resort also offers wellness treatments, slimming programs, mini-cures for young mothers and prevention of baby blues.”

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kPkbwPlpmJ0YdboEwczLbIZ9tGrMjVUuuNEpWImXTga7WVPU62 RaucEoq8o0OyhHjUjrr80J6esaEO6AH6ZU6uG6s0wdE8aMoKCI jOSaHlu_jXDPYEYGq8Y

And of course, I have done several thermal cures in Spa! I’m sure most of you don’t know that the word “spa” in English refers to the thermal baths of Spa, in the Belgian Ardennes. Spa thermae became very famous throughout Europe in the XVIth century, also because Spa water was the first to be exported all over Europe, because of its great properties. The Emperor Joseph II said that Spa is the “Café de l’Europe”, after his stay there. All the important people of Europe went to Spa baths, including Victor Hugo, Czar Peter the Great, Alexandre Dumas père, Meyerbeer and the Kaiser Wilhelm II, who even lived in Spa, which is a lovely town.

You must take a funicular to reach the thermae:

https://www.liegetourisme.be/medias/images/prestataires/multitailles/640x480_photo-DEC-ALD1G01UI0001-ANX130009KT.jpg

https://fr.ardennes-etape.be/experience/sites/default/files/import/thermes-spa.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/78/b7/29/les-thermes-de-spa.jpg

Hawkguy
09-09-2020, 02:05 PM
That kind of thing is kind of controversial. When I was a kid I suffered a lot from asthma and bronchitis I used some medicines from Amerindean origin, my bronchitis has decreased. But resorting to alternative treatment that has no scientific proof is complicated.

TheMaestro
10-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Yes, I drink Pálinka

itilvolga
03-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Phytotherapy has a big impact in my life. My grandma is good at it, and since my childhood I rarely use medicines for common sickness. For example, I drink sage tea when I have nauseation, or mix mallow, honey, lemon and boiled water when I catch cold.

Feerom
07-05-2021, 06:49 PM
I believe it is possible to prevent a lot of diseases just by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Don't you agree? Personally, I decided to quit bad habits and pay proper attention to my well-being. I also keep a healthy diet, exercise every day, and sleep at least 8 hours. I am feeling much better now. My brother was diagnosed with MS last year. Now he takes tecfidera (https://www.canadapharmacy.com/products/tecfidera) and maintain a healthy lifestyle. As a result, his well-being is perfect now.

Arūnas
07-05-2021, 07:19 PM
of course, for example I am intensely thinking to take "alternative" Putnik V ;)

I am seriously thinking about going to Belarus and get vaccine Stupnik :cool: V

https://president.gov.by/en/documents/ukaz-no-251-ot-1-iyulya-2021-g-1625207855

five days visa free in Belarus

Atlantic Reptilian
09-28-2022, 07:22 AM
No.

I don't believe in placebo (for myself). I prefer being austere.

Ellethwyn
09-28-2022, 08:02 AM
Yes, I love naturopathy and bodywork. I'm incredibly sensitive, so a more natural and gentle approach works best for me. I switched from my primary care physician to a naturopath physician a year ago and I am very happy I did that. I also see an acupuncturist, and a physical therapist for craniosacral therapy, which has been amazing for relieving stress.

My daughter recently had the flu and I gave her elderberry syrup. It seemed to do the trick in shortening the duration of her flu. I took it daily while she had it, along with vit D and C. I didn't catch it.

Recently I saw my naturopath for heart palpitations. I've had them for a few years, just every once in awhile. But for the past 4 months they started to become much more frequent. I would have them like twenty times a day. My heart was skipping a beat, and beating irregularly. It would cause me to cough, because that was my body's way to try and get my heart to beat regular again. I haven't had anxiety or any of the usual causes like too much caffeine, my thyroid is fine, etc. Anyway, my naturopath did an EKG and that came back fine. She gave me an electrolyte powder to take with water. Four days into taking it and I haven't had a single palpitation since... it's been 2 weeks. I am stoked. Now I just wonder why my electrolytes were out of balance, which now I know is a cause of heart palpitations. Either way I am thankful it was an easy fix.

White Swan
09-28-2022, 09:58 AM
Yes lol you could say that.
I believe that modern hospitals are literally temples for Hermes (mainly) and satellite institutions are for various other demons, an obvious one would be abortion facilities for molech.

They have us birth our children in their demonic temples surrounded by bright white coat wearing false saviors (think about it) with their instruments of torture and witches brews. Then when they are done with us, they take our baby boys and draw their blood too. We have the highest maternal and infant mortality rate of any developed country, and the most temples of Hermes. These deaths are the direct result of "medical" "interventions". Our women and children are being sacrificed to demons when all they needed was to walk around peacefully at home until their baby found his way into his own father's hands. We go there because we are afraid God might have chosen the wrong time for us to die. I gave up fear and had a virtually pain free, peaceful birth at home last year. It is not common at all to actually have any complications UNLESS you go to the "hospital", then it is extremely common, but they say, "well good thing I was in the hospital"... ladies, nooooo. I'm not saying they don't practice any real medicine at all, but it is not even the majority of what they do. If only you knew how bad it really was.

And this is not even mentioning recent events. But that's the thing, many of us are saying how they should realize what they are participating in. They should have realized a long time ago, and so should we have too.

My hospital birth was full of fear and pain and I was allowed no dignity. In my home I was a matriarch welcoming another son into our family and I would not describe any of it as painful, just work, really hard work, labor, not torture.

Ladies who are having babies or midwifing, let me know if I can help you please!!!

White Swan
09-28-2022, 11:30 AM
I forgot to mention thermal cures. I have asthma issues, because of which sometimes have bronchitis and thermal cures do me good.

I’ve twice done a three weeks thermal cure in Savoie, France, more precisely in the thermal baths of Challes-les-Eaux.

“Close to Chambéry, Challes-les-Eaux has the most sulphurous water in Europe. The thermal center was created in 1872. Strong sulphurous water, iodized, bromide, bicarbonated, cold sodium relieves respiratory disorders and certain gynecological problems. The resort also offers wellness treatments, slimming programs, mini-cures for young mothers and prevention of baby blues.”

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kPkbwPlpmJ0YdboEwczLbIZ9tGrMjVUuuNEpWImXTga7WVPU62 RaucEoq8o0OyhHjUjrr80J6esaEO6AH6ZU6uG6s0wdE8aMoKCI jOSaHlu_jXDPYEYGq8Y

And of course, I have done several thermal cures in Spa! I’m sure most of you don’t know that the word “spa” in English refers to the thermal baths of Spa, in the Belgian Ardennes. Spa thermae became very famous throughout Europe in the XVIth century, also because Spa water was the first to be exported all over Europe, because of its great properties. The Emperor Joseph II said that Spa is the “Café de l’Europe”, after his stay there. All the important people of Europe went to Spa baths, including Victor Hugo, Czar Peter the Great, Alexandre Dumas père, Meyerbeer and the Kaiser Wilhelm II, who even lived in Spa, which is a lovely town.

You must take a funicular to reach the thermae:

https://www.liegetourisme.be/medias/images/prestataires/multitailles/640x480_photo-DEC-ALD1G01UI0001-ANX130009KT.jpg

https://fr.ardennes-etape.be/experience/sites/default/files/import/thermes-spa.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/78/b7/29/les-thermes-de-spa.jpg

I never knew where the word spa came from! My Japanese friend from school (1st generation immigrant) would also use that word! She of course pronounced it differently, and we didn't speak eachothers' languages, so she would say "sh-paw", then made a movement like she was painting her nails and I realized that she was using the word spa lol. So even in Japan, at least with our generation, the girls use this word! And just like my American friends, their favorite slumber party activity was usually "spa" haha.

Roy
12-11-2022, 09:48 PM
I do use herbs, but with mixed effects.

Victor
12-11-2022, 10:44 PM
I use regular medicines, but extremely rare. I see that lots of people are obsessed with all kinds of cures, surrounding themselves with packs, boxes, bottles. I had some vitamins lite obsession period in similar way, cut them to few exact ones and corrected my nutrition few years ago and that's it. The last time I used Ibuprofen was flu with severe muscle pain and headache, sorry but some herbs would barely help like this drug did. I'm getting cold/flu extremely rare so I can afford myself such "poisoning". Except for Ibuprofen there are two types of pills in my bag, one against diarrhoea and one against nausea, for the urgent cases. Also few pills of muscle relaxant, but I prefer a little bit of alcohol instead which perfectly works for muscle relaxation. For the sedative purposes I've got a herbal drops on 75% alcohol, you drop 30-50 of them to half glass of water.

I normally like to drink herbal teas, also i use mix of turmeric and black pepper while cooking.

sanhadji
12-27-2022, 03:31 PM
I use hijama it's very effective on muscles pain