PDA

View Full Version : El_Abominacion AncestryDNA (updated)

El_Abominacion
09-11-2020, 11:57 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/5801bad2c44aeb4133035eae49a88f6a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/5c7e094cf7b1cc8b7ee855ff17b8d0e9.jpg

In total:
- 42% South Asian
- 32% European
- 15% East Asian
- 11% Sub-Saharan African
- Community for South Africa

At this rate I likely have distant Balkan ancestry cause it was there before the last update, I dunno where it would've come from though. The Spanish should really be higher and I don't know how 4% Irish and 2% Scottish got in there. The Northern Chinese is unexpected considering my Chinese side is from the South around Guangzhou, but every other 23andMe update I get given around 1% Mongolian so it must be somewhat accurate. My African makes more sense every update, they've been really nailing down the regions for Eastern Bantus. The proportions of South Asian haven't changed much, but it'd be nice to see it broken down even further. There's too much ethnic diversity to ignore...

Leto
09-11-2020, 12:25 PM
You have a really substantial amount of Chinese and East Asian blood. Does your father show it phenotype-wise?

El_Abominacion
09-11-2020, 12:33 PM
You have a really substantial amount of Chinese and East Asian blood. Does your father show it phenotype-wise?

Chinese is probably his most clear feature followed closely by SSA. he doesn't look European or Indian at all which is the other half of his ancestry. He looks similar to Donald Glover, i'll pm a picture

Leto
09-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Chinese is probably his most clear feature followed closely by SSA. he doesn't look European or Indian at all which is the other half of his ancestry. He looks similar to Donald Glover, i'll pm a picture
Well, no question about European, 'cause he is Mauritian but ca. 30% Chinese/East Asian is almost a third (assuming your mom is zero).

El_Abominacion
09-11-2020, 01:09 PM
Well, no question about European, 'cause he is Mauritian but ca. 30% Chinese/East Asian is almost a third (assuming your mom is zero).

It is quite a lot, the biggest part of his ancestry. His paternal grandfather was an immigrant from China (25% East Asian) and his paternal grandmother was a Malagasy woman (The remaining 5% East Asian). She would have been very SSA it looks like, so from a coastal tribe. The highlands in central Madagascar have more Southeast Asian ancestry

Mixdguy17
09-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Dude, u are just me, but like old world stock, and like without the indian, but u knowwhat I mean xdxd.

calxpal
09-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Awesome mixture! Did you think the update was an improvement?

El_Abominacion
09-11-2020, 10:38 PM
Awesome mixture! Did you think the update was an improvement?

Thanks, I for sure think it was an improvement. They increased my Chinese and Spanish while decreasing the Irish which makes more sense. The African is also more precise and lines up more with Malagasy history