PDA

View Full Version : Whats your evolutionary dominance strategy?

pulstar
09-21-2020, 04:31 PM
Tags:
Selfish - A strategy of defecting against all other agents.
Traitor - A strategy of cooperating with agents of a different tag and defecting against agents of one's own tag.
Ethnocentric - A strategy of cooperating with agents of one's own tag and defecting against agents with a different tag.
Humanitarian - A strategy of cooperating with all other agents.

PaleoEuropean
09-21-2020, 04:33 PM
A battle axe

pulstar
09-21-2020, 04:44 PM
Come on selfish traitors, vote...

pulstar
09-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Tell you what. If you don't vote I'll start assigning tags to random members I figured out :lol:

Ford
09-21-2020, 05:06 PM
Tell you what. If you don't vote I'll start assigning tags to random members I figured out :lol:

You can begin with me :D

pulstar
09-21-2020, 05:07 PM
You can begin with me :D

Ethnocentric. You can vote now :thumb001:

pulstar
09-21-2020, 05:26 PM
And just so the other members who saw the theard don't think I favor Ford. Here's my estimate

Selfish: El_Abominacion
Traitor: Turul Karom
Ethnocentric: Dušan, TheMaestro, Benyzero, Blondie, PaleoEuropean
Humanitarian: Aldaris, calxpal, Pleksi

Now you can tick your tag as well

lutegavel
09-24-2020, 10:46 AM
:picard1: Humanitarian

JamesBond007
09-24-2020, 10:57 AM
*edited out* *double post*

JamesBond007
09-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Tags:
Selfish - A strategy of defecting against all other agents.
Traitor - A strategy of cooperating with agents of a different tag and defecting against agents of one's own tag.
Ethnocentric - A strategy of cooperating with agents of one's own tag and defecting against agents with a different tag.
Humanitarian - A strategy of cooperating with all other agents.

None, according to the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer men seek dominance either through understanding the world( through gaining knowledge) or by compulsion over other men .e.g. Caesar and Napoleon-- I choose the gaining knowledge or understanding the world option. Anyway, your options don't necessarily make sense according to game theory where one can switch modes depending on the action of the other or anticipating it.

pulstar
09-24-2020, 12:30 PM
None, according to the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer men seek dominance either through understanding the world( through gaining knowledge) or by compulsion over other men .e.g. Caesar and Napoleon-- I choose the gaining knowledge or understanding the world option. Anyway, your options don't necessarily make sense according to game theory where one can switch modes depending on the action of the other or anticipating it.

It makes perfect sense. This is actually linked to game theory. Its part of evolutionary game theory (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_game_theory). I took all the the tags from this simulation. (http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html.bak)

TheMaestro
09-24-2020, 12:37 PM
Ethnocentric to Humanitarian, who becomes a traitor insta-kill.

pulstar
09-24-2020, 12:39 PM
Ethnocentric to Humanitarian, who becomes a traitor insta-kill.

You're simply ethnocentric :dunno:

Satem
09-24-2020, 06:17 PM
I really give vibes of person who cooperates with everyone? I'm shocked

pulstar
09-24-2020, 06:35 PM
I really give vibes of person who cooperates with everyone? I'm shocked

You do

ShieldWolf
09-25-2020, 01:27 AM
Ethnocentric with humanitarian tendencies. I'm interested in all peoples and cultures, but highly value my own.

How would you rate me, Pulstar?

Mixdguy17
09-25-2020, 01:55 AM
Humanitarian. I am interested in everyones tag and value all equally. I think everyone should be proud of who they are, and I am extremely proud and value a lot my own. So maybe a little bit of Ethnocentric in there as well.

Humanitarian with Ethnocentric tendencies.

pulstar
09-25-2020, 05:56 AM
Ethnocentric with humanitarian tendencies. I'm interested in all peoples and cultures, but highly value my own.

How would you rate me, Pulstar?
Ethnocentric

pulstar
09-25-2020, 05:58 AM
Humanitarian. I am interested in everyones tag and value all equally. I think everyone should be proud of who they are, and I am extremely proud and value a lot my own. So maybe a little bit of Ethnocentric in there as well.

Humanitarian with Ethnocentric tendencies.

You're just humanitarian

pulstar
10-17-2020, 09:13 AM
According to a simulation 75% of agents end up ethnocentric after some certain number of cycles (final stage of simulation). Here just 50%.