PDA

View Full Version : Post your closest or top FTDNA matches (MyOrigins 3.0)

Chris596
10-11-2020, 09:30 PM
The title says it all. I'm curious what are the matches of certain ethnicities.

My closest match is my relative from the side of my mother (Hungary). Finally, his results have been updated to MyOrigins 3.0:

1st match (My relative):

- West Slavic 54% (Eastern Europe)
- Magyar 24% (Eastern Europe)
- Italian Peninsula 15% (Southern Europe)
- Southern Caucasus 4% (Middle East)
- Finland 3% (Finnish)

Definitely much more Hungarian than me, lol

2nd match (Hungarian-Jewish surname):

- Ashkenazi Jewish 94% (European Jewish)
- Italian Peninsula 4% (Southern Europe)
- Ireland 2% (Western Europe)

That's it from me, the other results are still updating. Most of them are Jews based on their names but there's also an Armenian name (Ajemyan). Will post them later if someone is interested in seeing them.

Chris596
10-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Bump, anyone feels like posting some results?

Chris596
10-13-2020, 08:10 PM
Bump...

Abriekman
10-13-2020, 08:33 PM
Bump...

I can post my results. I think FTDNA was very good for my ancestry ( regionally ), except Great Britain.

71% West Slavic
11% Baltic
7% Great Britain
3% Greece and Balkans

<4% Southern Caucasus
<3% Druze
<2% Anatolia, Armenia and Mesopotamia
<1% Sephardic Jewish

<1% Northeastern Siberia ( Kamchatka )

My closest relative on FTDNA is Russian: 48% West Slavic 28% East Slavic 17% Baltic 8% Magyar

Leto
10-13-2020, 08:36 PM
I posted some of my matches' results on another thread. Maybe I'll do it here later.

Leto
10-13-2020, 08:37 PM
My closest relative on FTDNA is Russian: 48% West Slavic 28% East Slavic 17% Baltic 8% Magyar
Do you know the region he is from? Is he on Ged? You can enter his email on Ged and look him up.

Chris596
10-13-2020, 08:38 PM
I can post my results. I think FTDNA was very good for my ancestry ( regionally ), except Great Britain.

Thanks for sharing! Your ancestry seems to be very cool! :) Finally a great post.

I also got 1.2% Ashkenazi on Myheritage and 2% on FTDNA, but I'm not sure if it's true or not. I don't get Jewish on any other calculator, only Eurogenes Jtest, so I don't know if it's really true or not. We have some rumors but it's not confirmed.

Before the FTDNA update, in my report I also had <2% Northeast Asian and <1% Southeast Asian ancestry, but that has disappeared. On the other hand, the East Asian is consistent for me on every calculator. Also, my relative got about 3% Central Asian on Myheritage and here he didn't get anything, only West Asian (this is the same person).

Abriekman
10-13-2020, 08:43 PM
Thanks for sharing! Your ancestry seems to be very cool! :) Finally a great post.

I also got 1.2% Ashkenazi on Myheritage and 2% on FTDNA, but I'm not sure if it's true or not. I don't get Jewish on any other calculator, only Eurogenes Jtest, so I don't know if it's really true or not. We have some rumors but it's not confirmed.

Before the FTDNA update, in my report I also had <2% Northeast Asian and <1% Southeast Asian ancestry, but that has disappeared. On the other hand, the East Asian is consistent for me on every calculator. Also, my relative got about 3% Central Asian on Myheritage and here he didn't get anything, only West Asian (this is the same person).

Most likely you have Ashkenazi ancestry, if you have Jewish matches ( especially very close ).

I think my <1% northeastern Siberia is from my great grandmother, she was exactly from Kamchatka, maybe her ancestors 200 years ago mixed with indegionus people there? I do not know. I sometimes score 0.8% Eskimo on G25, but I check average for Slavs and some can score those small percentages too.

Abriekman
10-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Do you know the region he is from? Is he on Ged? You can enter his email on Ged and look him up.

I do not know region, yes I have his Gedmatch. Do you want his kit number?

Leto
10-13-2020, 08:48 PM
I do not know region, yes I have his Gedmatch. Do you want his kit number?
Send me in a rep comment if you don't wanna go off-topic here. But then again, Chris wanted the thread to be bumped xD

Abriekman
10-13-2020, 08:49 PM
Send me in a rep comment if you don't wanna go off-topic here. But then again, Chris wanted the thread to be bumped xD

I sent you PM

Leto
10-13-2020, 08:50 PM
My mother's strongest match (both on FTDNA and on GED)

My mother's match, a fairly strong one. She is apparently half Russian, half Mountain or Azerbaijani Jewish (only judging by her last name and matches 'cause she's never replied to me)

Europe 52%
* East Slavic 47%
* Scandinavia 4%

Middle East 48%
* Anatolia, Armenia, & Mesopotamia 32%
* Northern Levant 7%
* Mizrahi Jewish 4%
* Southern Caucasus <4%
* Arabian Peninsula <2%

Eastern India <1%

calxpal
10-13-2020, 08:51 PM
3 somewhat close relative results

Relative 1:
46% Great Britain
5% Central Europe
26% Ireland
23% Scandinavia

Relative 2:
33% Great Britain
45% Central Europe
6% Ireland
<1% Magyar
4% Greece and Balkans
11% Iberian Peninsula
<2% Baltic

Relative 3:
48% Great Britain
19% Central Europe
32% Ireland
<1% Magyar
<1% Anatolia, Armenia, and Mesopotamia

Abriekman
10-13-2020, 08:52 PM

His oracle on K13 are 99% Southwest_Russian, lol

Chris596
10-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Most likely you have Ashkenazi ancestry, if you have Jewish matches ( especially very close ).

I think my <1% northeastern Siberia is from my great grandmother, she was exactly from Kamchatka, maybe her ancestors 200 years ago mixed with indegionus people there? I do not know. I sometimes score 0.8% Eskimo on G25, but I check average for Slavs and some can score those small percentages too.

Thanks, that's an interesting story. Then I might be part Jewish, my matches are full of Ashkenazis (FTDNA, Myheritage). And there are many Jewish descendants in Hungary, I'v read an article earlier this year, after Israel Hungary is the second country with the most people with some Jewish ancestry, I think this is very possible.

This is literally what FTDNA says about my matches - Most Common Surnames: Goldstein, Schwartz, Weiss

And this is my G25 for comparison, if you're interested

Target: Chris_scaled
Distance: 1.8179% / 0.01817859 | ADC: 0.25x
52.0 Moldovan
20.2 Montenegrin
17.6 Bosnian
4.8 Cossack_Ukrainian
2.4 Sardinian
1.6 Abazin
1.0 Li
0.4 Spanish_Soria

Abriekman
10-13-2020, 08:58 PM
Thanks, that's an interesting story. Then I might be part Jewish, my matches are full of Ashkenazis (FTDNA, Myheritage). And there are many Jewish descendants in Hungary, I'v read an article earlier this year, after Israel Hungary is the second country with the most people with some Jewish ancestry, I think this is very possible.

This is literally what FTDNA says about my matches - Most Common Surnames: Goldstein, Schwartz, Weiss

And this is my G25 for comparison, if you're interested

Target: Chris_scaled
Distance: 1.8179% / 0.01817859 | ADC: 0.25x
52.0 Moldovan
20.2 Montenegrin
17.6 Bosnian
4.8 Cossack_Ukrainian
2.4 Sardinian
1.6 Abazin
1.0 Li
0.4 Spanish_Soria

Yes, in Hungary a lot of people descended from Jews. Did you try 23andme? It is considered good for detecting Ashkenazi ancestry. Your Sardinian score can be Ashkenazi. It is better to model yourself with your known ancestries and Ashkenazi, but Ashkenazi can be absorbed in other ancestries or can be reduced. I know person which is 8% Ashkenazi Jewish and sometimes his G25 are saying he is only 3-4% Jewish. With G25 it is easier to detect Mizrahi, they have no European admixture.

mitalit
10-14-2020, 08:56 AM
I would like to do it but I don't know how to see the results of my matches

Abriekman
10-14-2020, 09:11 AM
I would like to do it but I don't know how to see the results of my matches

Go to MyOrigins and near your results is shared origins and if you click on cousin you will see results

Ion Basescul
10-14-2020, 09:28 AM
Top 3 for me who had updated myOrigins results

1) Hungarian from Hungary 68cM
West Slavic 26%
East Slavic 20%
Italian Peninsula 18%
Ireland 4%
Central Europe 18%
Baltic 14%

2) 1/2 Eastern Ukrainian 1/2 Southwestern Russian 57cM
West Slavic 10%
East Slavic 42%
Magyar 12%
Italian Peninsula 4%
Scandinavia 6%
Baltic 26%

3) Lithuanian 45cM
West Slavic 37%
East Slavic 4%
Baltic 60%
Northwestern Siberia <1%

mitalit
10-14-2020, 10:24 AM
Go to MyOrigins and near your results is shared origins and if you click on cousin you will see results

Thank you very much, very well explained

1)Latin america
Iberian Peninsula 33%
Greece & Balkans 8%
Italian Peninsula 12%
Sardinia 10%
Central Europe 11%
East Slavic 3%
Anatolia, Armenia, & Mesopotamia 6%
Maghreb & Egypt 6%
Western Lake Victoria Basin <1%
Ghana, Togo & Benin <2%
Amerindian – Amazon <1%
Amerindian – Andes & Caribbean 1%
Amerindian – Central & South Mexico 6%
Amerindian – North America <1%
Eastern India <2%

2)
Iberian Peninsula 62%
Basque 9%
Greece & Balkans <2%
Italian Peninsula 11%
Sardinia 10%
Central Europe<1%
Ireland 3%
Scandinavia 3%
Anatolia, Armenia, & Mesopotamia <1%

3)
Iberian Peninsula 16%
Malta & Sicily 5%
Ireland 21%
Great Britain 17%
Scandinavia 39%
Sephardic Jewish<1%
Amerindian – Central & South Mexico 3%

InfamousAngel99
10-14-2020, 03:24 PM
I think my FTDNA results were very inaccurate, but I don't know how accurate my matches felt their ethnicities were, so I'll share theirs for fun.

Closest DNA match (2nd-4th cousin):
- 42% Central Europe
- 41% Ireland
- 17% Scandinavia

2nd closest DNA match (2nd-4th cousin):
- 72% Great Britain
- 19% Ireland
- 1% Greece & Balkans
- 2% Basque
- 2% East Slavic