PDA

View Full Version : Phenotypes and haplogroups - please, answer me, quickly!

LostSoul
11-08-2020, 03:29 PM
I wanna ask, how do people look like with certain haplogroups (e.g. R1a1, R1b, J2 etc.) and how many haplogroups are there?
Please, post photos of those people with a haplogroup T2, J1 etc., because I'm not that good at genetics.
PS I read somewhere that all people who have the haplogroup R1a1 have blond hair and blue eyes. Is it true?

princeton90
11-08-2020, 03:38 PM
There is no direct relation between phenotypes and haplogroups.

LostSoul
11-08-2020, 05:49 PM
There is no direct relation between phenotypes and haplogroups.

So, if I have dark brown hair, green eyes and beak-like nose, then I can also have r1a1 or something? Just asking.

princeton90
11-08-2020, 05:53 PM
So, if I have dark brown hair, green eyes and beak-like nose, then I can also have r1a1 or something? Just asking.

It is almost impossible to predict haplogroup from phenotype. It is even very hard to predict it from autosomal DNA results. The only healthy way to predict this is to take a haplogroup DNA test.

Unknown European
11-08-2020, 06:00 PM

Of course. More than half of Kyrgyz men belong to haplogroup R1a1 around (50%-65%) and they mostly have dark hair and eyes. Many populations in North India are majority R1a1 and they also mostly have dark hair and dark eyes. There is no evidence that the Y chromosome has any impact on your hair, eyes, or facial structure.

LostSoul
11-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Of course. More than half of Kyrgyz men belong to haplogroup R1a1 around (50%-65%) and they mostly have dark hair and eyes. Many populations in North India are majority R1a1 and they also mostly have dark hair and dark eyes. There is no evidence that the Y chromosome has any impact on your hair, eyes, or facial structure.

Yeah. I have dark brown wavy hair and a beak like nose, as above, but some people here claimed I'm Carpathid and I look sorta Slavic (gorid and dinarid mostly).