PDA

View Full Version : Do you sense that TIME is speeding up?

Ascended
11-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Or am I the only one? A full day's work is not as productive as it used to be/goes by much quicker.

Ascended
11-20-2020, 06:39 PM
Also people from the past looked way older at the same age than we do

Hektor12
11-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Time flies very quick when don't want it to fly away,

Time doesn't even move a milimeter when you need to reach something after some time.

michal3141
11-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Or am I the only one? A full day's work is not as productive as it used to be/goes by much quicker.

Feel the same bro.
Maybe it's just an effect of getting older (or using drugs :) )

La Gallega
11-20-2020, 06:46 PM

As you age you produce fewer mental images so time seems to pass faster.
This may be related to lower Dopeamine levels, which causes a more limited reaction to novel stimuli.
https://qz.com/1516804/physics-explains-why-time-passes-faster-as-you-age/#:~:text=As%20you%20get%20older%2C%20the,that%20le ad%20to%20crossed%20signals.
https://theconversation.com/why-time-seems-to-go-by-more-quickly-as-we-get-older-63354#:~:text=The%20biochemical%20mechanism%20behi nd%20this,time%20appear%20to%20run%20faster.

Universe
11-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Everyone reports that as they grow older.

Ascended
11-20-2020, 06:53 PM
Every reports that as they grow older.

No
Dammit that's not what I'm talking about. Of course it's a minor factor. But it is also definitely accelerating in a physical sense. You used to be able to count ten seconds using "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi," etc. Now it no longer works. just one small example

Ascended
11-20-2020, 06:55 PM
Every reports that as they grow older.

https://youtu.be/1uU11bu2vNg

Ascended
11-20-2020, 06:58 PM
A year 2019-2020

Is no way similar to 2009-2010

Ascended
11-20-2020, 07:05 PM
People in the past looked older at the same age as we do...Jack Nicholson was 27 here

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/vFUIDoJXgCQSsZUt8Lzh5TgUdg_2RW899Tu0u-CJ-xxXQwRN0LNYmrfSDMdHEafD3fxBio_-1C8fm4SvwXlXZLG1tad5-939jNXjJUNWD075mIRUkvIL2Z-2qg

Ascended
11-20-2020, 07:13 PM
Look at high school photos from the 1950s etc... people looked much older than 18 year olds today

Altaylı
11-20-2020, 07:18 PM
Yes The last 2-3 years have been very fast I remember my first day in high school just like yesterday

Nurzat
11-20-2020, 07:40 PM
whoever is playing with us got bored with the game and tries to finish it earlier

Ascended
11-20-2020, 07:47 PM
whoever is playing with us got bored with the game and tries to finish it earlier

Lol...

Another example. A standard 4 year. Undergraduate degree today is probably about the same material as just 2 year Associates Diploma from 25 years ago.

Yes a part of it is they are dumbing down education, but a greater reason is you just cannot cover the same material in 4 years that you used to do
It's just not enough time... Professors today always have to cut and shorten their syllabus, I remember that was the case when I was a TA in academia, every year the curriculum got something removed (just not enough time in a semester to cover it).

michal3141
11-20-2020, 07:49 PM
People in the past looked older at the same age as we do...Jack Nicholson was 27 here

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/vFUIDoJXgCQSsZUt8Lzh5TgUdg_2RW899Tu0u-CJ-xxXQwRN0LNYmrfSDMdHEafD3fxBio_-1C8fm4SvwXlXZLG1tad5-939jNXjJUNWD075mIRUkvIL2Z-2qg

He looks like 50 on the photo you posted. Probably too much drugs/alco.

Ascended
11-20-2020, 07:53 PM
He looks like 50 on the photo you posted. Probably too much drugs/alco.

Honestly 70+ year olds today look "young". Trump looks young to me or I mean, not a senior citizen...Trump is not healthy, he eats junk food is obese etc

IrisSelene
11-21-2020, 02:18 AM
My mom told me my entire life that after i turn 14 and onwords i will feel like time goes on too fast and she was so fuckin right lol

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

oszkar07
11-21-2020, 02:36 AM

Yes, my personal experience is that the older I get the quicker time is moving.

Its weird how slow time seemed to move when I was a kid.
It seemed to take forever to get out of school/high school.
And those summer holidays seemed to be longer than what they were.

I think from around 40 yo Time feels like it speeds up a lot.
This month right now last year I was on holiday in USA California but that hardly feels like a year ago to me the time in between has gone so fast and feels somewhat uneventful.

Harley
11-21-2020, 02:39 AM
i was going to say as i was scrolling down the first page that the years recently pass by quicker.

i remember being a kid and school feeling like forever. i had this weird anxiety every year about not doing well, but middle school started to feel shorter in my mind. even right now, i have a good understanding of time constraints, limits, etc and know the extent i can push certain actions. i was explaining to my paramour how i was working full-time and going to college full-time, with the assistance of tight scheduling, alarms, etc. he didn’t understand it and kept insisting that i couldn’t accomplish this.

i think it’s harder for people to comprehend how much can be done in time, though it could also be that the current time measurements need to be re-examined.

Dick
11-21-2020, 02:41 AM
Look at high school photos from the 1950s etc... people looked much older than 18 year olds today

testosterone levels were higher for males at least, females looked more feminine actually imo

Ascended
11-21-2020, 02:41 AM
Look people, I know how perspective makes time speed up...I already agree we perceive time to speed up as we age.

Im saying, TIME is speeding up. Literally, there isnt enough time in a 24 hour day to accomplish the same amount of tasks today, as there used to be i the past.

I mean, the London Olympics feels like it happened 4 years ago, but it was now, 8 years ago...Mo Farah is the only Somali celebrity from my tribe (along with BBC reporter Raage Omar) so that olympics has a special place in my heart.

Dick
11-21-2020, 02:45 AM
Im saying, TIME is speeding up. Literally, there isnt enough time in a 24 hour day to accomplish the same amount of tasks today, as there used to be i the past.
I've noticed this with the afternoon for some reason

War Chef
11-21-2020, 02:48 AM
The gears in your head (neurotransmitters) fire less and less efficiently as you age so hence the nervous system doesn't process time + space sense stimuli as well. You're sort of in a brain fog.

Kivan
11-21-2020, 02:51 AM
Yes, when i start to work or do some other task, i feel like it lasted some minutes but it took half of the day.

I still remeber the begining of 2020 as it was in the last month but it's almost 2021 now...

Dick
11-21-2020, 02:52 AM
OP does have a point though. Maybe it's due to DST

Ascended
11-21-2020, 02:53 AM
The gears in your head (neurotransmitters) fire less and less efficiently as you age so hence the nervous system doesn't process time + space sense stimuli as well. You're sort of in a brain fog.

stop skimming threads...already addressed

War Chef
11-21-2020, 02:56 AM
Dissected nervous system.
The human is just a eater of 5 sense faculties (vision, smell, bla bla). As you get older your nervous system is sort of "burnt out" from processing all this and being bombarded 24/7 by sensory stimuli, sounds etc. That's why older people feel time is distorted because their nervous system is in a hazy state. Meditation would probably reverse this but nobody has time for it.

https://i.imgur.com/EO6Y7WS.png

Radimir
11-21-2020, 02:59 AM
You are right, it does seem like time is speeding up. Just look at the fact that we are at the countdown to the end of November already, next month is Christmas and then New Years 2021. 2020 is passing so fast, it doesn't even feel like a whole year.

War Chef
11-21-2020, 03:02 AM
stop skimming threads...already addressed

Yeah but none of you hit the points like I do. That's why I got a lot of player haters because they can't match my intellect.

IrisSelene
11-21-2020, 03:03 AM
i was going to say as i was scrolling down the first page that the years recently pass by quicker.

i remember being a kid and school feeling like forever. i had this weird anxiety every year about not doing well, but middle school started to feel shorter in my mind. even right now, i have a good understanding of time constraints, limits, etc and know the extent i can push certain actions. i was explaining to my paramour how i was working full-time and going to college full-time, with the assistance of tight scheduling, alarms, etc. he didn’t understand it and kept insisting that i couldn’t accomplish this.

i think it’s harder for people to comprehend how much can be done in time, though it could also be that the current time measurements need to be re-examined.It definitely feels like time actually sped up rather than us just perceiving it differently as we age, which im sure contributes to it, but i think theres more to it

Ascended
11-21-2020, 03:03 AM
Yeah but none of you hit the points like I do. That's why I got a lot of player haters because they can't match my intellect.

Warchief...modern Warrior/Monk trope

IrisSelene
11-21-2020, 03:04 AM
Look people, I know how perspective makes time speed up...I already agree we perceive time to speed up as we age.

I mean, the London Olympics feels like it happened 4 years ago, but it was now, 8 years ago...Mo Farah is the only Somali celebrity from my tribe (along with BBC reporter Raage Omar) so that olympics has a special place in my heart.I actually agree. I do think time is definitely speeding up, and that its not just us perceiving it that way.

Ascended
11-21-2020, 03:05 AM
You are right, it does seem like time is speeding up. Just look at the fact that we are at the countdown to the end of November already, next month is Christmas and then New Years 2021. 2020 is passing so fast, it doesn't even feel like a whole year.

I literally don't even remember the summer bro, lol...it whizzed by so fast

Ascended
11-21-2020, 03:06 AM
I actually agree. I do think time is definitely speeding up, and that its not just us perceiving it that way.

It scares the shit oit of me tbh

Another thing is how YOUNG 20 somethings look to me. Hell even people my age do not look like my ingrained understanding of 30 somethings

Wasn't Bill Clinton governer of Arkansas when he was Richmondbread's age? Meanwhile Richmond talking about does he look Ashkenazi on a forum

IrisSelene
11-21-2020, 03:06 AM
Dissected nervous system.
The human is just a eater of 5 sense faculties (vision, smell, bla bla). As you get older your nervous system is sort of "burnt out" from processing all this and being bombarded 24/7 by sensory stimuli, sounds etc. That's why older people feel time is distorted because their nervous system is in a hazy state. Meditation would probably reverse this but nobody has time for it.

https://i.imgur.com/EO6Y7WS.pngI agree but i can't help but think that its not just that, that there must be some actual time issue going on lately too...

Ascended
11-21-2020, 03:10 AM
Watch the video I posted. He gives great examples, like the amount of new video games etc

IrisSelene
11-21-2020, 03:12 AM
It scares the shit oit of me tbh

Another thing is how YOUNG 20 somethings look to me. Hell even people my age do not look like my ingrained understanding of 30 somethingsI agree. I think thats also another reason why people nowadays seem to think having children or marrying before 25-30 as too young.

Because it really does feel like 2 years feel like one lol.

Like 2019 and 2020 combined feel like 1 complete year to me.

PaleoEuropean
11-21-2020, 03:15 AM

That's because as you get older, your brain processes less information from each day so you have giant gaps of unimportant things that may still be in your memory just not easily accessible.

War Chef
11-21-2020, 03:19 AM
I agree but i can't help but think that its not just that, that there must be some actual time issue going on lately too...

If you want me to get all dumb and new agey I can.
A little pet theory I like to entertain, but I don't think it's true:

More people on earth are becoming "woke" (or at least in that right direction) that the collective consciousness sucks in everyone together.
There is no one person, we're all part of this giant collective blob.
Space + Time dilation has been accelerated until we reach a singularity.
A.K.A the now.
Time isn't something you can follow like a line, nor is it something we can measure with clocks.

Did you know, 100% fact: A stopwatch on top of mount Everest will lag behind a stopwatch in death-valley Israel? This phenomenon has been repeated by quantum-physicists many times over. Mass (a.k.a gravitational pull) has a huge influence on time, so matter is dependent on time and vice versa. Time isn't even fixed, it's actually this fluid thing that can be kicked around no different than a kid would kick a solid ball down the street.

Babak
11-21-2020, 03:27 AM
There's a theory that it's because CERN was turned on in 2012. Try not using any digital devices for a whole week, then come back and tell me how you really feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49dGknES0-w&ab_channel=KnoxTheBox

War Chef
11-21-2020, 03:29 AM
It's because people are not mindful of anything they do. From the minute you wake up its: check your email, see what ashley posted on FB, go to your favorite Cafe, watch ethnic vids on youtube, browse thicc instagram thots..... never before has so much "fun" stuff has a person had at their finger tips.

In the 80's they lived wholesome lives because they didn't have all this crap going on. The most they had was ping-pong atari.
Damn right life will pass you by, if you don't slow the fck down and smell the roses.

Celestia
11-21-2020, 03:30 AM
There's a theory that it's because CERN was turned on in 2012. Try not using any digital devices for a whole week, then come back and tell me how you really feel.

A week without technology is also good for resetting your Circadian Rhythm. Interesting stuff,

Harley
11-21-2020, 03:36 AM
keep in mind, time isn’t guaranteed. they’re man-made attempts to put an understanding on time to measure its progress.

i’ll watch the videos shortly.

War Chef
11-21-2020, 03:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49dGknES0-w&ab_channel=KnoxTheBox

Sounds like a great Steven Spielberg movie: "Hadron collider opens up parallel universe."

They were actually seriously considering that Hadron Collider would cause a "mini black hole" that would grow and suck everything into it. A lot of quantum physicists were protesting it but luckily nothing happened, yet.

Ascended
11-21-2020, 03:42 AM
A week without technology is also good for resetting your Circadian Rhythm. Interesting stuff,

I always wondered if this is the real reason prison inmates come out of jail looking WAY WAY healthier, and buff...with no access to supps or steroids or anything and eating just shitty prison food and shitty work out equipment. A friend of mine was bragging how his skin 'was glowing like never before' after he did a long stint behind bars.

Celestia
11-21-2020, 03:45 AM
I always wondered if this is the real reason prison inmates come out of jail looking WAY WAY healthier, and buff...with no access to supps or steroids or anything and eating just shitty prison food and shitty work out equipment. A friend of mine was bragging how his skin 'was glowing like never before' after he did a long stint behind bars.

Haha my bf and I were having a similar discussion. They have nothing better to do with their time than workout. All of that collagen production has them coming out with glistening skin lol

Dick
11-21-2020, 03:48 AM

No junk food, no booze etc

Universe
11-21-2020, 04:07 AM
No
Dammit that's not what I'm talking about. Of course it's a minor factor. But it is also definitely accelerating in a physical sense. You used to be able to count ten seconds using "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi," etc. Now it no longer works. just one small example

I think it's just a feel. How do you know people in 19th and 18th century didn't feel the same?

It depends on the person. There are people from that era who looked younger than him at 27.

War Chef
11-21-2020, 04:25 AM
Caloric restriction reduces rate of Mitosis by 33%. So your cells will age 33% less but you'd be looking scrawny and gaunt, is it worth the trade-off?

oszkar07
11-21-2020, 04:57 AM

True, for me I also have the sense that in the modern world we are constantly accustom to being over stimulated with technology
whether its social media, computer games, Netflix, etc we have a plethora of options to always be stimulated by.

My teenage years were in the 80's (yeh Im in my late 40's ) anyway for me when I was a kid we actually got outside and played with friends and kids in the neighbourhood, there wasnt any mobile smartphones to be looking at all the time, we had adventures by making our own fun. For sure life could be boring AF sometimes too , but we appreciated things more I think , these days we are spoilt with means to stimulate ourselves with visually ... audibly etc , we dont need to make much of an effort to entertain ourselves. IDK maybe we have too much numbers filling up our brains all the time from all the time we spend looking at computer screens , maybe this is why we feel time is moving quicker cause we dont take the time to just be in the moment and feel the moment our brains and senses are so use to being multi stimulated.

War Chef
11-21-2020, 05:03 AM
True, for me I also have the sense that in the modern world we are constantly accustom to being over stimulated with technology
whether its social media, computer games, Netflix, etc we have a plethora of options to always be stimulated by.

My teenage years were in the 80's (yeh Im in my late 40's ) anyway for me when I was a kid we actually got outside and played with friends and kids in the neighbourhood, there wasnt any mobile smartphones to be looking at all the time, we had adventures by making our own fun. For sure life could be boring AF sometimes too , but we appreciated things more I think , these days we are spoilt with means to stimulate ourselves with visually ... audibly etc , we dont need to make much of an effort to entertain ourselves. IDK maybe we have too much numbers filling up our brains all the time from all the time we spend looking at computer screens , maybe this is why we feel time is moving quicker cause we dont take the time to just be in the moment and feel the moment our brains and senses are so use to being multi stimulated.

We're all a bunch of dopamine junkies, desensitized by all the dumb trinkets and pointless crap that doesn't matter. I'd drop a Tyler Durden quote from fight club but you get the idea. Something Something, consumerism.

Ascended
11-21-2020, 05:06 AM

It's also why no WW3 or even civil war (in the west) will happen while all these distractions still exist. They will have to get rid of 'netflix and chill' first, before they reinstate the draft

catgeorge
11-21-2020, 05:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egDdtUn_2Jw&list=PLT9ltu4VXZkl2301Whm5S2b1OcZN0wqPl&ab_channel=DavidSierra

oszkar07
11-21-2020, 05:29 AM

other possible reason ... less exposure to sunlight UV rays that can damage the skin and age the skin.
Trade off is inmates probably all have Vitamin D defficiencies.