PDA

View Full Version : Do different European ethnicities find it difficult to get along with each other?

Turkey
09-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Do different European ethnicities find it difficult to get along with each other even when they are born and raised in another european country?

do germans, for instance, living in a very irish/scot/angle type society like australia feel like they think differently than most people even if they are second or third generation immigrant?

Turkophagos
09-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Germans VS The rest of Europeans.

Talvi
09-26-2011, 08:29 AM
It depends on the person, since not everyone is the same.. but I think it is quite likely.
Apparently, a lot people have troubles fitting in in Estonia or making a connection with Estonians.

Yeahright
09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Do different European ethnicities find it difficult to get along with each other even when they are born and raised in another european country?

do germans, for instance, living in a very irish/scot/angle type society like australia feel like they think differently than most people even if they are second or third generation immigrant?

No. For example in America, the descendants of Germans consider themselves American, and they don't think other white Americans are different from them.

AussieScott
09-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Nope, I think German, Irish, Scottish, Dutch what ever decent are white...

I'm attracted to Celtic women though.

The Ripper
09-26-2011, 10:37 AM
No. For example in America, the descendants of Germans consider themselves American, and they don't think other white Americans are different from them.

That hardly covers the entire spectrum of inter-European relations.

Some groups don't get along well because of historical animosities or pure cultural and political differences.

Yeahright
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
That hardly covers the entire spectrum of inter-European relations.

Some groups don't get along well because of historical animosities or pure cultural and political differences.

True. For example the Finns and the Russians don't get along because of both of these reasons.

However, the original question was whether people of a European background who have grown up in another culturally Western country feel different from other people in the same Western country, i.e. whether e.g. second generation descendants of Finnish immigrants in Australia feel different from other Australians, and I think the answer to this question is NO.