PDA

View Full Version : Classify two Welsh celebrities

Tooting Carmen
12-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Gruffydd Wyn Roberts, singer
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article12619826.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Gruffydd-Wyn-Roberts.jpghttps://i2-prod.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/article15554331.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/8_Amlwch-singer-Gruffydd-Wyn-Roberts-who-came-fourth-on-the-Britains-Got-Talent-TV-show-in-June-is.jpg

Huw Richards, gardener
https://yt3.ggpht.com/ytc/AAUvwngVRYw3gHtkmxvYn9JEXS-TdZ1ShruLWzBUBSdDTA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rjhttps://www.irishnews.com/picturesarchive/irishnews/irishnews/2018/09/18/150922049-e3737138-088e-44e3-a5e9-ba551212fb79.jpg

Kivan
12-03-2020, 08:44 PM
1. West Baltid.

2. Faelid + Atlantid.

Tooting Carmen
12-03-2020, 08:46 PM
1. West Baltid.

2. Faelid + Atlantid.

First one looks Polish or something then?

Kivan
12-03-2020, 08:49 PM
First one looks Polish or something then?

When i saw the photo i thought Russian or something.

Second guy looks like a white American actor.

placebo
12-03-2020, 08:51 PM
he sings nessun dorma very well.

1 looks like eastern euro, 2 more typical i guess.

Ülev
12-03-2020, 08:53 PM
let's have a look at their dental arches:
first - letter U
second - letter C

generally we have 3 types of dental arches, U,C and V

U is not common in East Europe me think

Davystayn
12-03-2020, 08:59 PM
First guy is borreby, doesnt look baltic to me, see quite a few like him around

I think it is his expression maybe

Immanenz
12-03-2020, 09:01 PM
1. Keltic with Borreby ( he is just fat)
2. North Atlantid

Oliver109
12-03-2020, 09:13 PM
First guy is borreby, doesnt look baltic to me, see quite a few like him around

I think it is his expression maybe

Agree, looks German or something, could imagine him as a cop in a midwestern state lol

MobyD
12-03-2020, 10:01 PM
1. Borreby
2. North Atlantid + Faelid

Immanenz
12-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Agree, looks German or something, could imagine him as a cop in a midwestern state lol

he looks way more British than German.

Tooting Carmen
12-03-2020, 10:05 PM

He reminds me of English comedian Rob Beckett:
https://philsmithentertainment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Rob-Beckett-2.jpg..jpg

Oliver109
12-03-2020, 10:07 PM

Interesting, did not think that there were that many British Borrebies that could not pass in Germany that well

Immanenz
12-03-2020, 10:08 PM
Interesting, did not think that there were that many British Borrebies that could not pass in Germany that well

he can pass for sure! But i mean- that combi of Keltic and Borreby is not too much of a German thing.

Hialt
12-03-2020, 10:15 PM
The first guy could be found on any backroad in North America, certainly West Virginia, Texas, and Oklahoma. I'd imagine he'd be into the band Nickleback, likes beer all the time, and digs going to nighttime joints.

The second guy looks a lot like Tom Cruise in the "brow and eye area," and I do believe I read somewhere that Tom Cruise has heavy Welsh ancestry.

Davystayn
12-03-2020, 11:38 PM
He reminds me of English comedian Rob Beckett:
https://philsmithentertainment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Rob-Beckett-2.jpg..jpg

I was thinking of him, definitely, like his fatter opera singing brother (you need to be big to sing opera it seems)

Grace O'Malley
12-03-2020, 11:48 PM
The first guy could be found on any backroad in North America, certainly West Virginia, Texas, and Oklahoma. I'd imagine he'd be into the band Nickleback, likes beer all the time, and digs going to nighttime joints.

The second guy looks a lot like Tom Cruise in the "brow and eye area," and I do believe I read somewhere that Tom Cruise has heavy Welsh ancestry.

Not really Welsh.

Ethnicity:
*43.75% German
*43.75% Irish
*12.5% mix of English and Welsh

Davystayn
12-03-2020, 11:52 PM

I didn't know he had heavy Welsh ancestry, not like you see guys like him in a typical Welsh pub (you dont) but kind of see it,

Would the first guy, if he grew a beard, pass in the southern US?

Oliver109
12-04-2020, 12:05 AM
I didn't know he had heavy Welsh ancestry, not like you see guys like him in a typical Welsh pub (you dont) but kind of see it,

Would the first guy, if he grew a beard, pass in the southern US?

Not surprised he is Welsh actually, light blonde hair seems to pop up quite often in Wales i have noticed there, infact in the south of England golden shades seem much more common though that makes blonde hair overall more common as well in Surrey etc. He looks very Southern American definitely.

Smaug
12-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Wyn Roberts is some sort of Borreby, in my opinion he's got a somewhat continental look to him. Huw Richards is my perfect opposite: Brünn-Atlantid, while I am an Atlanto-Brünn.

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Wyn Roberts is some sort of Borreby, in my opinion he's got a somewhat continental look to him. Huw Richards is my perfect opposite: Brünn-Atlantid, while I am an Atlanto-Brünn.

What's the difference between a Brunn-Atlantid and an Atlanto-Brunn?

Smaug
12-08-2020, 01:15 AM
What's the difference between a Brunn-Atlantid and an Atlanto-Brunn?

The former is predominantly Brünn with Atlantid influences while the latter is the opposite.

Immanenz
12-08-2020, 01:33 AM

Wyns looks like a fat Jordan Pickford. Is Pickford also continental looking? Well i guess skin typ I and blonde reddish hair became also continental traits.

Latinus
12-08-2020, 02:34 AM
Gringos!

Mixdguy17
12-08-2020, 03:46 AM
Both look like your typical stereotype of White American in my opinion.

Tooting Carmen
12-08-2020, 03:49 AM

Blonde and fat plus slim and smiley?

Mixdguy17
12-08-2020, 03:51 AM
Blonde and fat plus slim and smiley?

Yep!. Maybe the second one more than the first, but I would believe both fit the criteria of the stereotype lol.

Creoda
12-08-2020, 03:56 AM
Neither look very continental IMO, Immanenz got it right with fat Jordan Pickford for the first.

https://i2-prod.dailypost.co.uk/incoming/article13223064.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Singer-Gruffydd-Wyn-in-his-hometown-Amlwch.jpg

Second guy does look very Welsh though, in fact I wouldn't imagine him as English.

Tooting Carmen
12-08-2020, 03:58 AM
Second guy does look very Welsh though, in fact I wouldn't imagine him as English.

LOL anthrotardism off the charts. Why not?

Creoda
12-08-2020, 04:15 AM
LOL anthrotardism off the charts. Why not?
Didn't say he couldn't be (there's practically no such thing as a Welshmen who couldn't be English, and vice versa), only that I wouldn't imagine him to be. I've seen many Welsh with similar looks, but not really English.

Do you disagree that he looks very Welsh, and much more so than English?

Tooting Carmen
12-08-2020, 04:16 AM
Didn't say he couldn't be (there's practically no such thing as a Welshmen who couldn't be English, and vice versa), only that I wouldn't imagine him to be. I've seen many Welsh with similar looks, but not really English.

Actually, he does have that boyish sort of look I do see more often in Wales than in England.

Creoda
12-08-2020, 04:28 AM
Actually, he does have that boyish sort of look I do see more often in Wales than in England.
I wasn't thinking in those terms, and tbh I can't articulate it well, but it's something to do with particularly Celtic eyes (that have a piercing quality), and a combination of North Atlantid + Brunn features that is common in Wales and less so elsewhere.

Smaug
12-08-2020, 12:05 PM
Wyns looks like a fat Jordan Pickford. Is Pickford also continental looking? Well i guess skin typ I and blonde reddish hair became also continental traits.

Yes, Pickford does look continental. Thank you for pointing that out.

JamesBond007
12-08-2020, 12:37 PM

Neither of them look stereotypical welsh. It seems to me about 5% of Welsh can be other kinds of northern European types so technically they can be 'Welsh' but whatever. First one looks Borreby but not in a Scottish Jack Nicholson kind of way but more of Danish or English or Dutch kind of way and the second one looks English like Jeremy Irons.

Oliver109
12-08-2020, 12:53 PM

He certainly has a Celtic British look, he resembles a teacher i had who was of Irish descent, he could pass across Wales and Ireland.

Immanenz
12-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Yes, Pickford does look continental. Thank you for pointing that out.

I dont think so really, maybe English shifted than average Brit though

2garin
12-08-2020, 01:21 PM

I swear I saw Jordan Pickford at the Russian parade in Ryazan.

https://i.imgur.com/FL3XDns.jpg

Immanenz
12-08-2020, 01:25 PM
I swear I saw Jordan Pickford at the Russian parade in Ryazan.

savruk posted also a Harry Kane lookalike and Lukashenko's son might look similar to him too. I dont think that dude looks much like Pickford though

Oliver109
12-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Someone posted on Anthroscape a picture of an Estonian or Russian athlete who looked like Pickford, can't get the picture now but i agree that he has a more English look but he looks very Northern shifted, he would not look as typical in S England.

Davystayn
12-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Pickford has a northern look, fairly common up there, I aways thought he had strong keltic influence, that doesnt seem typically continental

Ruggery
12-08-2020, 02:12 PM
savruk posted also a Harry Kane lookalike and Lukashenko's son might look similar to him too. I dont think that dude looks much like Pickford though

Someone posted on Anthroscape a picture of an Estonian or Russian athlete who looked like Pickford, can't get the picture now but i agree that he has a more English look but he looks very Northern shifted, he would not look as typical in S England.

Some Russians may look British and vice versa.

Ruggery
12-08-2020, 02:16 PM

The first seems more European.